(YMMV?) Free one month Playstation + codes (check your e-mail)

xlaxparkax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I usually don't start threads on CAG, so I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

I'm not sure if this goes here, but since it's PS+ related, I'll post it. Also, I didn't see this posted anywhere on the forums (I used the search bar)

I received an e-mail from Playstation Network, and it seems that they're running a special Xmas promo where they're giving PS3 users a redeemable code for a free month of Playstation Plus, along with two additional codes that you can give to anyone you want. I guess you could trade those codes with other people who have received the same e-mail and stack up to three months of Playstation Plus, but maybe you shoudln't do this (unless it is safe and within the Terms of Use/Service). The codes expire in March 2012.

Anyways, check your e-mail. The subject should read: "Free Games and Discounts for You and Your Friends". Inside, you will find your three codes.

To clarify any doubts, I was not a PS+ subscriber when I received the e-mail, and the only time I used the service was when Sony gave away that free PS+ month, along with the four games as part of their Welcome Back program. After my month was over, I never renewed my subscription, so I guess everyone should receive this e-mail.

385059_10150518048315169_517200168_10775389_1933789722_n.jpg

Edit: Apparently, if you renew your PS+ membership, you get another free month. At least that's what it says on the upper fine print from the e-mail. BTW, I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO TRY AND EXPLOIT THIS AND/OR HOARD CODES WITH THIS POST. WHATEVER YOU DO WITH YOUR CODES IS YOUR OWN BUSINESS, ALTHOUGH I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST DOING ANYTHING "SHADY" THAT COULD RUIN THE WHOLE THING FOR EVERYONE. Also, thanks to MICHAEL2414 for posting a better screen cap.

Here's MICHAEL2414's screencap:

9io7f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked my e-mail and the only message I received from Sony was a "friendly reminder" that my Wallet Funds have not been used in a long time. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a code, it would be appreciated.

[quote name='Trueblade']I checked my e-mail and the only message I received from Sony was a "friendly reminder" that my Wallet Funds have not been used in a long time. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a code, it would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I got the same email from Sony earlier, was excited for a brief moment until i saw the message. I was thinking "hey Sony i might spend it faster if u give me a free month to ps+" but alas still no free month of ps+ for me :(

[quote name='kanamit']I got the same email from Sony earlier, was excited for a brief moment until i saw the message. I was thinking "hey Sony i might spend it faster if u give me a free month to ps+" but alas still no free month of ps+ for me :([/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me... at least now I know the e-mail definitely didn't get lost in my spam box, but I'd still really appreciate it if Sony would just send me a code.

Also, does anyone know how PS+ game save transferring works? I tried it during my free month from the welcome back program, trying to send my Demon's Souls save over to my PS3 from a friend's and somehow I was never able to download it. I'm hoping it's still floating around in there so I can try to get it back if I get Plus again.

[quote name='zenquix']Perhaps :)

This way I can get something nice for XMas or even give it to charity then let some idiot grab or stack it without thanking the community.

here's an idea..

first 3 ppl to donate to CAG Fund for Child's Play 2011 gets the codes. Just pm me a screenshot after the transfer.[/QUOTE]

The children thanks handsomepete and PancakesAreLove for their kind donations.

1 more code to give away to the next person who donates to child's play

[quote name='Trueblade']I checked my e-mail and the only message I received from Sony was a "friendly reminder" that my Wallet Funds have not been used in a long time. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a code, it would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
:lol:I received the same message as well. Funny thing is, I just used my 1000 points I had from my Sony Rewards card to get another $10 in PSN credit. So now I have even more sitting there collecting dust.

I was tempted to shoot them a return email saying thanks for the notice and that I'd use the PSN credit if they put shit on sale at a reasonable price for non PS+ members once in a while.:razz:

Is it safe to assume they are no longer sending these and if we didnt get one by now we never will? or has anyone received one recently?

[quote name='Superttman']hello this is my First Post!!

does anyone have any extra psn+ codes they can pm to me?

It would be greatly appreciated!!![/QUOTE]

Since this is your first visit, try out these threads:
PSN Code Trading Thread (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING)
PS3 Code Drops Here

As for this one month free PS+, been a PS+ member since April and I never got an email. In fact I'm not even sure I could redeem a free month unless it adds to your total subscription?

Hi, I've been a cheapassgamer lurker for years. If anyone could donate (thru PM) me a free month, that'd be awesome. While I don't have any expectations, if I do find one, I'll be really grateful. It's been really cold too! haha. Thanks in advance if anyone is jolly enough to be a Santa Claus :)

so to those who redeemed all 3 on your own account are you ok? i forgot i had these so i redeemed all 3 on my main PSN, deleted my credit card, and turned off auto renewal so it won't charge when the trail ends correct? i'm assuming they won't ban you for stacking if they didn't ban people for stacking the $6 music unlimited credit (i stacked 2 of those and i was ok)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:I received the same message as well. Funny thing is, I just used my 1000 points I had from my Sony Rewards card to get another $10 in PSN credit. So now I have even more sitting there collecting dust.

I was tempted to shoot them a return email saying thanks for the notice and that I'd use the PSN credit if they put shit on sale at a reasonable price for non PS+ members once in a while.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I got the email saying I had a balance in there, too. Maybe that's why the bastards haven't given me this or the $5.99 credit.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I got the email saying I had a balance in there, too. Maybe that's why the bastards haven't given me this or the $5.99 credit.[/QUOTE]
But I DID receive these "free" PS+ codes though. I just don't know if I'm gonna use them or not since it requires me to give Sony my cc/debit card info and as we saw back in the middle part of this year that's not a smart thing to do.:roll:

Now before anyone even thinks of PMing me to beg for a free code, I'm not giving em away cuz I'm still making my mind up. I may just use em if I can find the one old pre-paid Visa that I have floating around here that has $.03 left on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back