YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

And if you don't get a NES Classic, you buy some other shit in the atore, maybe a Switch.
Gonna be difficult to get a Switch, since they're holding them until the 28th.

Guess you could camp out in the store for 4 days.
Hop inside a fridge or dryer maybe.

2 stores near me told me their nes classics are being held until Friday with the switches
And every store in the area is going to be sending people there all week to get one when people ask to check stock...

Last edited by a moderator:
My best buy told me they're selling them tomorrow. I'll be there a few hours early. I've been stopping by the store everyday for the past four days to see if I could get one. If I show up a few hours before opening and people beat me to the line, that's one thing but if I show up and they tell me they're actually selling them monday, I'm gonna be pissed.

Just by the by, the women (no men work that counter as far as I've ever seen) that work the returns/pickup counter are some of the nicest individuals I've met in retail. They always go the extra mile to check on something for me and they always remember me if not my name. They seem to actually care about helping me out if they can and if they don't actually care, they're polite enough to enthusiastically fake it.

Was told on the phone tonight that only select Best Buys would be getting them and they would not be one of those stores. They said to look online and it should list the stores that will have them Monday when the ad comes out. Yeah, ok -____-.

The NES isn't in this week's ad, nor does going to the product page for it let you search for stores that may have it.
It's because most stores have it but are holding it for tomorrow. If it showed what stores had it then people would come in asking for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't see anyone lined up outside of my BBY but it is raining. Wonder if they'll sell em today or stick to their word about tomorrow. Hopefully there's a better chance tomorrow since a lot of people will be working.

Well, I was in line with seven people when an hour before opening they came out and told us they just got an email that said they couldn't sell until tomorrow. This sucks. People my be working but now more people will know about it. Hopefully, the rain will keep people away.

Best Buy will sell them on Monday at open for the NES Classic, and Friday for the Switch. All stock at stores that have it will be held for these dates.

Best Buy will sell them on Monday at open for the NES Classic, and Friday for the Switch. All stock at stores that have it will be held for these dates.
I know it's reddit but a lot of the "employees" on the Nintendo sub are saying that some places are letting them go today. Would they be getting in trouble at all or can managers really say fuck it if they want? I'm gonna have to check my BBY when they open anyway

Confirmed BB is selling it NOW.   My store had 5 and I was the damn lucky last one to get the ticket!  Just be sure to make them pm the ticket advertisement for the extra controller and extension cable as they came up regular prices.

Confirmed BB is selling it NOW. My store had 5 and I was the damn lucky last one to get the ticket! Just be sure to make them pm the ticket advertisement for the extra controller and extension cable as they came up regular prices.
I was the first one at my Best Buy this morning and they said they are doing tickets tomorrow morning.

So if it says "on display" that means only those stores has it right? No need to go to your local stores if it doesn't say "on display"?
Most likely it means that a shelf display tag was made for the units that way when stores look up inventory it won't say it's available. At my store we had another store send 4 people over saying we had them when we couldn't sell them till Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email from bb saying it's on sale tomorrow with a link to see which stores. It brings up EVERY store.

Milking it or they're available chain wide.

If they only have five per store you're going to have to get there pretty early to get one of these things.  Need a way to find out how many each store has for Monday.  Thankfully, it's easier in the cold weather states.  People don't line up as early.  In the south or Cali you're just screwed. 

If they only have five per store you're going to have to get their pretty early to get one of these things. Need a way to find out how many each store has for Monday. Thankfully, it's easier in the cold weather states. People don't line up as early. In the south or Cali you're just screwed.
wait what? If people can *camp out* for BF or the release of a new video game/system, then weather isn't going to stop them.

Pouring here in Atlanta and expected to continue through tomorrow night. We'll see how bad folks want this.

Just got back to one that doesn't say "no display" online. First lady at customer service didn't really know and really thought they won't have any. But luckily the other worker overheard and said they will have some tomorrow first come first serve. I went in store since calling was automated and it said to go in store and ask for better info. So you may want to ask more than one person to get better info. Also called a GS from the spreadsheet, the guy paused slightly when I asked if they had any but he said no.

So why doesn't BB sell these for $200+ or Nintendo as well? Stores aren't under some obligation to not increase prices.

bread's done
Back