YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Don't let me rain on anyones parade, but at this juncture every Best Buy in the country is open for business now, and every single NES classic has been purchased, your local store now has an in stock inventory of zero.

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations on your first sexual experience
startrek.jpg

I genuinely lol'd

what happened to all those people that were saying these would be plentiful following the holidays?
Still here. Got one 9 days ago on the first random Walmart restock I had seen. I was wrong, but I had never considered that Nintendo would use the system as a simple stop gap. That on top of the likelihood that Nintendo canned all production in order to make more Switches for later this year means bye bye NES classic. The only thing everyone was right about was how popular the thing would be.

I just want a 2nd controller..... OEM. I was going to buy the console, keep the 2nd controller and sell or trade the console. I wasn't even going to be an ass about it and was gonna sell it cheap. Can't even do that cuz I can't get one, blah. Oh well.

I just want a 2nd controller..... OEM. I was going to buy the console, keep the 2nd controller and sell or trade the console. I wasn't even going to be an ass about it and was gonna sell it cheap. Can't even do that cuz I can't get one, blah. Oh well.
giphy.gif

I wasn't even interested in a machine, but damn enigma props to you for being so helpful to so many.

I did cruise around my city since I was free and have 3 BBs within 4 miles. (no surprise)What a cluster. The lines were not as insane as you might have thought but Nintendo still shipped few enough units to leave several people wanting at each store - and as you may have gathered, this is a major city.

The thing I really cannot believe is that they shipped extra controllers to NONE of the stores. This is perhaps the oddest missed opportunity within this entire ridiculous scenario. People want to share the nostalgia with their buddies and family! They could have sold controllers at at least a 50% attach rate, but they're not even trying.

And what about the fact they publicized the controllers' Wii Remote connectivity? People who do want them as Classic Controllers have had ZERO opportunity to get one.

So, yeah - Nintendo needs to die.

@enigma ,

Can you please check store 1058 , 450, 452

Thanks
19 (unavailable), 0, 1

Unlikely but store 272 please!
1 (unavailable)

[font='proxima-nova', helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Could you check 225 and 693 again? It is now almost 1 here and hopefully there's still some left.[/size][/font]
0, 0

Hi enigma can you check 133, 364 and 1396 again? Just want to see if it's updated, worth checking out at lunch. Thanks
0, 3, 1

Thanks for all the kind words, even though no one bought me lunch. 😂 Seriously though, if I helped even one person get their hands on one, it was worth being on RSS all damn day. 😊

Engima, checking for a friend. He missed out due to his alarm didn't go off.

Store 171, 1399, 165, 1447, 853, 778, 1536. If you don't mind. I'm sure at this point they are all sold out. 

Damn, I'm feeling the lure of the dark side and it is difficult to resist. I really, genuinely wanted a Classic and am so happy I got one. Yet, at the same time, I also really, genuinely want a Switch. If this is basically a choice between the two and by going with the latter I could get better value for my money than it might be worth it. Bah.

Can you check 129?
This store is by my wife's work but high traffic so I'm gonna guess their sold out as well but might as well try

Engima, checking for a friend. He missed out due to his alarm didn't go off.

Store 171, 1399, 165, 1447, 853, 778, 1536. If you don't mind. I'm sure at this point they are all sold out.
0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Hi enigma, could you please check store 509? Thanks!

Can you check 129?
This store is by my wife's work but high traffic so I'm gonna guess their sold out as well but might as well try

Damn, I'm feeling the lure of the dark side and it is difficult to resist.
So sell it! It is what it is. You can get good money towards that Switch and in the long run it will be more versatile and where Nintendo is putting their efforts. Not a bad choice if it's one or the other.

Nothing to fret over.

Could you check 1386 and 184 one more time? I'm about to head out and check, but I wanted to see if the numbers have changed at all. Thanks for all the work you're putting in, it's definitely helping out a lot of people here.

Went by my store, know the manager he said 50+ people were waiting, one showed up at 7pm night before. They only got 19 sold everything accessories included.

Could you check 1386 and 184 one more time? I'm about to head out and check, but I wanted to see if the numbers have changed at all. Thanks for all the work you're putting in, it's definitely helping out a lot of people here.
0, 184 says 1 on hand and 14 unavailable. Still not sure what that means but I'd focus on that store as your best bet.

Enigma can you check store 349? ty

Anything at stores
583 or 1098?
I believe thats mt laurel and cherry hill
0, 1

Probably nothing but can't hurt to ask, but anything at stores 1530, 510, or 1156?
0, 0, 0

Oh what the hell, please give me store 685, thanks again!
0 available on hand, but 2 total on hand, and 19 unavailable. No idea what the hell that means.

Maybe 1503? I know, Miami sucks.
They have 7 in transit.

They really ought to post how many in stock they have on the door. I feel REALLY bad for number 8 who missed out. There was this one chick who walks up and starts talking to these other two women she apparently knew who were already in line right behind me. While she's talking she casually walks between them, sits down and keeps talking. Pretty slick way to cut everyone behind her, but they didn't make a fuss so whatev. I really wish they had a first party controller but all they had were the knock offs. The rep there said they haven't seen 1st party ones since launch.
I made the day of the guys who showed up behind me when I told them the store had 16. (I was tenth in line, they were 11th and 12th)

I'm amazed how many people didn't just go to their store yesterday and have someone look up how many they had for today.

My local Best Buy said all in the Pittsburgh area including those close by in WV and OH have none just for anybody that's looking. I'm guessing the inventory hadn't updated since it said 8 before but they said they were all long gone.
According to the ticket, all Ohio and Michigan stores were guaranteed to have at least 1 per store at open today.

Hmmm, thanks for that info. I'm guessing they won't hold an item like this if I called out there, it's a bit of a hike but could go after work.
The only holding is for people with a ticket and that expires at 1pm local time.

Most people seem to be saying that around 16 people showed up at most at their stores, max. Unless dozens of people (scalpers) pulled up saw the line heard that most stores were getting no more than a dozen units and drove off. Otherwise it Seems like an attainable goal if Ninty just manufactured enough to cover the few extra people per store, like 20 units to every BB in America, every one who wanted one would've got one. Seems like there's a definitive number of men who scalp for a living per capita.
Store I was at had 16, and we had around 25 people in line when they handed out the tickets. At least two people didn't want tickets, so the first 18 people had a shot at one.

Hmmmm. Is there usually an expected time frame for that status, in transit? I'm getting off work in about 10 mins. It's a bit of a drive but I could check it out.
Not sure. It'll depend on when they get their trucks. My guess it they'll be on their next shipment.

Alright​, ladies and gentlemen, my shift is over, so I'm punching out here too. Time to go home and piss around with MY Classic instead of spending all day talking about them here.

I hope my searches have helped at least one person find one that otherwise may not have. Good luck to you all still searching!

bread's done
Back