YMMV: Halo 5 Guardians $22.96 [Pre-Owned]

CAG 79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
59sRfZi.jpg

I searched but I didn't see this deal posted so just wanted to give a heads up.

Saw 3 copies on the shelf at my local Wal-Mart. YMMV but its worth a shot. This is still $44.99 pre-owned at Gamestop.

Good luck.

Been playing this game since launch. Honestly, not worth the price. Unless you're into an aimless campaign and the worst FPS map design probably ever, don't bother. I play 2-3 times/week, and each time ends I questioning why I even bother (the answer is it's the only game my friend plays online).

Been playing this game since launch. Honestly, not worth the price. Unless you're into an aimless campaign and the worst FPS map design probably ever, don't bother. I play 2-3 times/week, and each time ends I questioning why I even bother (the answer is it's the only game my friend plays online).
And I'm on the other end. I have a blast playing warzone in this game, slayer and griffball. Firefight seems like it will be a good way to spend time too. And after coming from Destiny, it does give me a bit of fresh air from the Crucible.

And I'm on the other end. I have a blast playing warzone in this game, slayer and griffball. Firefight seems like it will be a good way to spend time too. And after coming from Destiny, it does give me a bit of fresh air from the Crucible.
Firefight might be fun, but have my doubts (it was timed, not endless waves, in Reach--that was lame). Warzone is a joke to me, as the bases are meaningless, boss kills are random luck, and the boss mechanics are flat-out bad. The newest map had a boss in a Mantis. That was a cool concept...for about 4 seconds. Then you realize that it's just getting Plasma Pistols shot at it repeatedly, and it's a stationary chunk of metal that doesn't ever do anything before it's dead. And Warden's terrible, don't get me started on him.

Grifball would be better if it didn't have the betrayal booting option. It's irritating when you hit a guy, your teammate lunges to hit him at the same time, and you get booted because you killed both the ball carrier on the other team and a teammate you couldn't see coming. Arena? The gunplay and weapon balance are fine. However, the matchmaking is a pile of filth, the maps are a disaster (in design and balance), and the aiming mechanics are too awkward for my liking (the last being preferential because I don't like how drastic the sensitivity changes from distance to close range). Honestly, if they could have made decent DLC maps, I might be OK with it. Instead, Riptide and Tyrant are two of the worst maps I've played in any FPS ever. What sucks is Orion was probably my favorite map, and they pulled THAT one because they said balance was broken. There are so many worse maps, I don't get how THAT was deemed the broken one.

I like it and saw several copies yesterday too. Good game definitely worth it and I believe the xbox made a huge comeback under Phil Spencer and is a great console to own now as well after not starting so hot.

bread's done
Back