You are forced to buy only one game next year...

I'm stuck between Gears of War 3 and Arkham City. Arkham Asylum was the most fun I've ever had in a single player game to date. Gears 3 will be good too, though.

First, Star Wars - The Old Republic no doubt!

Second, would be Diablo III if it releases next year.

Third, would be Rage if it also releases next year.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']I know how to edit your posts, but how do you edit thread titles?[/QUOTE]

Hit "edit" then, hit "Go Advance" tab. You should be able to edit your title then ;).

Gears of War 3

... though I guess a Modern Warfare 3 may be coming out late 2011 if they keep the current release schedules for COD. Still though, I will definitely be getting Gears 3.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']Since we are CAGers , is anyone else actually going to buy just 1 or 2 games next year?[/QUOTE]

We're CAGs not CAGers, for me it depends on reviews and prices.

Assuming WoW Cataclysm comes out this year, probably Zelda: Skyward Sword.

If not WoW Cataclysm because I know I could get a year out of that.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']Since we are CAGers , is anyone else actually going to buy just 1 or 2 games next year?[/QUOTE]

I might have to do that. If the Old Republic comes out next year I will have to upgrade the gaming rig and an MMO comes with monthly fees so yeah.

[quote name='life.exe']Brink. I'm like the only person extremely pumped for it apparently.[/QUOTE]

I played it at bit at Quakecon and it's pretty fun. They didn't give me much time to really enjoy it because the line to play it was fucking long. Time moderating and all that.

Mass Effect 3 won't be released in 2011, based on previous releases in the series. I know some of the assets are there, but I just can't see it happening.

I would have a heart attack if Diablo III got released in 2011, but I guess crazier shit has happened. They delay EVERYTHING.

Those two are easily my most anticipated, if somehow they were released. Impossible to narrow it down.

Realistically: Deus Ex Human Revolution

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Mass Effect 3 won't be released in 2011, based on previous releases in the series.[/QUOTE]
I think there's a good chance. They've hinted that ME3 is going to be a more incremental upgrade than the total redesign from ME1 to ME2.

It depends on if I get through part of my backlog and whether or not I can find another source of cheap games for flipping during the better promos at Gamestop.

Since HWV went under completely I can no longer rely on their $5 game sales to pad the tiered trade promos with cheap current and prior gen games.:cry:

But as of now I'm desperately hoping that Kmart and Sears clearance cycles start going back to frickin' normal. If that happens, then I'll skip buying most new releases and just wait for the inevitable clearance drops.

Crysis 2, because i need a reason to buy a new graphic card because every game i can still play at max settings.

Chalk up another vote for Portal 2. It was a tough choice between that and Arkham City. If I knew for sure that Last Guardian, Uncharted 3 or MGS: Rising were coming out next year, then they would have contended as well.

BTW - OP, you should keep a running tally of the votes in the first post.

Since there are still a lot of games I want coming out this year I haven't really looked too hard at next year, but off the top of my head, Diablo 3 if it comes out in 2011, or Dragon Age 2.

I'm pretty sure I could go for Marvel 3. I own nearly every version of MvC2 and play it actively (though less now with SSFIV around) to this day.

Assuming it comes out like its rumored to I would say diablo 3 just because I would get the most use out of it with the different classes to play as and the multiplayer.

bread's done
Back