You know that sweet ass new Driving wheel for GRAN TURISMO 4? it's cheaper

From what I have read it is the best wheel ever made quality wise - 900 degree turning and forcefeedback (pulls when you take turns) it sounds HOT !

I hate driving games, but I love gaming peripherals......I may have to get this........

Last wheel I had sucked major. I'm skeptical when it comes to wheels ever since. I think I may go for it though.

Thanks for the link.

Plus, if you look down a little bit, you get $20 in digital dollars, which is pretty much like a online gift card.

peteyrose - i hated wheels too, always cheap ass shit.....but this is endorsed by MOMO , a reputable accesory company for cars.......its like $150, forcefeedback, 900 degrees......i think we finally got a quality wheel.......i am gonna go to BB today and see if they have one out for display so I can lay my hands on it - see if it feels cheap or quality

Well, I'm sure the wheel is quality, but what I meant is that playing driving games using a wheel always feels awkward for me. But maybe with the 900 degree rotation, it'll be a lot better. I tested out Gran Turismo 4 at E3, and I'm not sure what wheel they were using, but it was pretty weird.

I tried this wheel at E3 last year. This was the wheel that they used for the GT4 kisoks last year. 900 degrees of rotation is sexy. The wheel is much better than the other one. The wheel was so great that I beat the other 3 racers I was playing against by 2 minutes :)

Very nice control and precision now that you can actually drive like a real car

the last time i got a wheel, i couldnt really find a comfortable place to put it. the coffee table just didnt do it and placing it on my lap didnt work cause it would be really unstable. besides the price is still to high for me.

Have been looking for one of these for a long time, but not willing to pay the $115 + tax at Amazon, etc.

These work with a PC as well as the PS2, so if that interests you... they are a GREAT pickup.

I have never really heard of securemart, but their policies seem reasonable and their reviews on epinions were all good (granted, there were only 2), so I'm giving this a try.

With any luck, I'll have a bad ass wheel for my PS2 and PC for JUST over $100 soon. ;)

I had the Logitech Wheel when GT3 came out. It went on eBay. It was good, but I was soooo much better with the control pad that it was just not worth $100+. Also, spending $100+ for a controller for one game is ludacris! I learned my lesson. I know you can use for more racing games, but I mean get real. What other racing games are there besides Gran Turismo?

Defender, that avatar is disgusting. It makes me want to hurl.

This wheel is not endorsed by momo.

I read on ign that the old MOMO force is superior to this new wheel.

My bet is that they will release a $250 model that says momo and is built with more quality and italian leather just like the original momo force,

This is for the people that jump onto anything thats new. I was one of those people that got that original gt force its nothing compared to the momo force.

I suggest that you just wait for the momo endorsed version because the game isn't even out untill fall.

OK, I disagree with Bull. This wheel WAS made for GT4. There will be no other wheel. And I don't know what reviews you read, but IGN and others who bought this wheel have clearly said it has a better feel than the old PS2 Force wheel, and is highly recommended.

Is it as good as a proper MOMO wheel? Maybe not, but I never broke down and spent $200 on the nice one with metal pedels and leather around the wheel.

I also didn't spend $100 on the crappy one with rubber around the wheel and the usual pedels.

I will say the pedels on the Driving Force Pro don't impress. But they are supposed to have a system that keeps them in place better than old ones, on carpet or even wood floors.

I saw a web site where a guy had this wheel, an ACT Labs 8 position shifter, Act Labs pedels, and was using the wheel in 900 degree mode. It was hella cool! ;)

And I've had better luck with the digital controller with some driving games as well. Maybe it's a silly purchase. But the reviews are good, and it will be nice to hook up my old Red Force wheel on one PS2, my new wheel on the other, and have an arcade setting at home! :D

Is there a way to adapt this wheel to other console systems (Xbox GC)?

Or is there a wheel that's good and universal for all consoles?

I'd like a nice wheel.... but I own 3 systems and I'm not going to buy 3 wheels!

Thanks!

[quote name='merkman']OK, I disagree with Bull. This wheel WAS made for GT4. There will be no other wheel. And I don't know what reviews you read, but IGN and others who bought this wheel have clearly said it has a better feel than the old PS2 Force wheel, and is highly recommended.

[/quote]

Well the old one was garbage if you ever used the momo force. We all know the momo wheel is compatible with ps2 right? Im not saying the wheel is bad its just not as good as it could be. It was made this way so real enthusiasts would buy it and then logitech releases the momo version and they also buy that.

Well, the only wheel I know that works with PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube is the Mad Catz Universal. It's a simple wheel with two way stick shifter, paddle shifters, buttons on the front, and pedels.

I have one of these I bought for my Dreamcast (different model), and it works well with Test Drive 6 and a few other racing games. And you can calibrate the wheel, so it works better with whatever game you choose, though unfortunately this must be done EVERY time you turn on your system as it has no memory.

It also doesn't have a GREAT feel. Though it used to be $60, it's just not as well put together as some wheels. So I'm not sure how long it would last with continual use, etc. One of the BIG selling points for me on the new Driving Force Pro, was reading a PC user had used it for 3 months +, and it was still as solid as the day he bought it. I certainly couldn't say that about my Thrustmaster Digital 2 or some other wheels I've used.

All that said, for the $30 I've seen it for some places, if you can still find one it's a cheap way to drive on ALL your systems. So maybe that would work for you.

Bull - Understood. Since this wheel was made by Logitech for GT4, and has had limited sales since the game isn't even out yet... I don't think they are gonna invest MORE money in ANOTHER wheel for the game. Watch me be wrong now. ;)

As far as Momo PS2 compatibility, I know it plugs in. But I read several different places that several games wouldn't recognize and use it. Where the Red Formula Force wheel logitech made for the PC looks EXACTLY like the Blue PS2 wheel to a system, and works with ALL the games it does.

And that's the beauty of this wheel. You can use it with all the games it's made for on the PS2, you can use it with a "standard" steering rotation on the PC, and you can change the mode to use it with 900 degree rotation if that's something your interested in on the PC.

But it all comes back to having used this wheel at E3 myself, and enjoying it's feel and use, as well as positive reviews from those who have bought it and say it lasts over time, that make me confident folks here might enjoy it if they are willing to spend the $$$. If not, I totally understand. I probably shouldn't have myself. But I am a gamer, and I love cool toys, so this one will be added to the collection. ;)

If you want the real driving experience for GT4, hardcore gamers will buy the wheel, trust me. :)

You know in Japan, they have plans to sell a chair kit for GT4? It'd be like the arcades...you can sit down in a chair with the wheel connected to the console. Pedals and everything. Looks sweet.

If you guys watched some of those GT4 videos, there's a video with behind the scenes footage of the making of the game. Some of the footage shows a deluxe GT4 cabinet in Polyphony Studios. The cabinet has 3 screens and it MOVES around as you drive. That's pretty sweet. However, they have an even better setup for the game. Their most recent setup allows you to wear this headset and you can turn your head around like in a virtual reality world and SEE everything around you as you drive in the game. Believe me, $150 is nothing compared to what these crazy fools at Polyphony are doing :)

There's also a recent report that says they're expecting 11 million copies of GT4 to be sold world wide. Even if a small percentage of people buy the wheel, that's still a lot of wheels

[quote name='b3b0p']I had the Logitech Wheel when GT3 came out. It went on eBay. It was good, but I was soooo much better with the control pad that it was just not worth $100+. Also, spending $100+ for a controller for one game is ludacris! I learned my lesson. I know you can use for more racing games, but I mean get real. What other racing games are there besides Gran Turismo?

Defender, that avatar is disgusting. It makes me want to hurl.[/quote]

What about steel battalion, the controller for that game costs 200 dollars......

back in the day i remember seeing a driving cockpit in FAMITSU magazine made outta highly condensed cardboard! i wanted one so badly, but not being able to read japanese - i never got one...anyone know of a cool driving setup cause putting wheels on coffee tables and laps is awful

Go to a junkyard and get a seat out of a fourth gen firebird formula or trans-am. They have power lumbar support so you can set it up to wrap around you for a tight fit. Get some scrap metal and fabricate one. It would be cheaper to do that than buy one. And you could make it to the correct form, unlike the one posted above where your in an f-1 style car.

Dunno about all that, but my wheel showed up yesterday and sure enough... works GREAT with the PC. Installed F1 2002 last night for the first time in ages, and remember now it was WAY too much of a simulation for me. ;)

But I'm looking forward to pulling out F1 2001 on my PS2 later today, and giving the wheel a good test there. Lots of sweet games to use the wheel with! And this was the best price I'd found in a month of looking. Glad I gave this retailer a try. :)

[quote name='Lord Hamm'][quote name='b3b0p']I had the Logitech Wheel when GT3 came out. It went on eBay. It was good, but I was soooo much better with the control pad that it was just not worth $100+. Also, spending $100+ for a controller for one game is ludacris! I learned my lesson. I know you can use for more racing games, but I mean get real. What other racing games are there besides Gran Turismo?

Defender, that avatar is disgusting. It makes me want to hurl.[/quote]

What about steel battalion, the controller for that game costs 200 dollars......[/quote]

Yeah, but it's worth every penny.

Ive seen this wheel for a $100 and decided not to get it since its not worth getting at this time because GT4 isnt out nor will the US get the GT4 demo which would have been a nice touch to go along with the wheel........

Well it's not long now till the game is released in the US. Sure glad I got mine while the getting is good. And it's making me go back and play some of my older racing games that haven't been played in AGES in the meantime. ;)

bread's done
Back