You needn't play at war for General Gaming -- Thread 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got home from the midnight release that my store put on and I'm beat. I still have a speech and a test left this week, but I'm still hoping to get some serious gaming in this weekend.

Halo 3 everywhere. I feel like Lisa Simpson when she tries to become a vegetarian and everything she sees is persuading her to eat meat. :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']Halo 3 everywhere. I feel like Lisa Simpson when she tries to become a vegetarian and everything she sees is persuading her to eat meat. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Can't blame you, it is everywhere.

Last night at the Wal-Mart line (which almost went all the way around the store) people counted down the last 10 seconds...and then some smartass yelled "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']Can't blame you, it is everywhere.

Last night at the Wal-Mart line (which almost went all the way around the store) people counted down the last 10 seconds...and then some smartass yelled "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" :lol:[/quote]Luckily I went to GS yesterday to make a return, so I don't have to go near the place for another few days.

OMFG that Vargary boss fight in Doom 3 is a motherfuckin bitch. I start off with like 70 health and no shield. Ugggh so annoying. I get the damn door open but then a hoard of spiders comes and rapes me. So. Gay.

well i have bioshock comin from gamefly and h3 from lions. I have a feelin they will both be here tommorrow. choices choices since i'm a halo fan i will probably have to play through that with co op and some friends first then this weekend should be crazy. Gaming all the time until work on sat, then my mothers comin to visit on sunday. Next week should be a great week of gamin. The crazy fall gamin season has started :)

[quote name='whoknows']Can't blame you, it is everywhere.

Last night at the Wal-Mart line (which almost went all the way around the store) people counted down the last 10 seconds...and then some smartass yelled "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" :lol:[/quote]

It should of been Happy Halo bitchies......

House got robbed, some things got stolen (nothing VG related, just jewelery, my Camera and my phone). Haven't touched H3, did play some Heavenly Sword.

whoo, managed to snag the very last copy of Dark Mirror at TRU just now during my lunch break. Yes! $10! I love it. Actually, they had at least five copies of the game when I went last week during the buy B2G1 deal, so I suppose I got lucky waiting this long. Not sure why I didn't just buy it right then and there. Oh well, thanks again for the reminder, terribledeli. Another play option while I wait for Halo3, Eternal Sonata, and Heavenly Sword to drop in the mail.

[quote name='gunm']whoo, managed to snag the very last copy of Dark Mirror at TRU just now during my lunch break. Yes! $10! I love it. Actually, they had at least five copies of the game when I went last week during the buy B2G1 deal, so I suppose I got lucky waiting this long. Not sure why I didn't just buy it right then and there. Oh well, thanks again for the reminder, terribledeli. Another play option while I wait for Halo3, Eternal Sonata, and Heavenly Sword to drop in the mail.[/QUOTE]If you really like it, consider Logan's Shadow in the future. I just wrote hands-on impressions at a handheld gaming site, and I'm about to review it. I love it even more than Dark Mirror, and Dark Mirror was terrific.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']House got robbed, some things got stolen (nothing VG related, just jewelery, my Camera and my phone). Haven't touched H3, did play some Heavenly Sword.[/QUOTE]

damn, sorry to hear that.

there's a suicidal guy currently running around madison with a gun...but there's no one to shoot since everyone's inside playing Halo. (well, the first part is true)

Man... I have a feeling Amazon is going to tease me about getting the Soul Nomad guide for a couple months before finally saying they won't get it. But I refuse to pay $30 for it at DoubleJump, and GameCrazy is a pain in the ass... so yeah, I think those 5000 guides are going to go to people other than me.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']House got robbed, some things got stolen (nothing VG related, just jewelery, my Camera and my phone). Haven't touched H3, did play some Heavenly Sword.[/QUOTE]That really sucks to hear. :whistle2:( I really hope you get your stuff back.

Halo 3 has recaptured the simple fun of Halo 1 in its single player camapign. If anyone enjoyed 1 but was let down by 2, check out 3 :)

Is the level design any good this time around, or is it more copy-pasted corridors?

And as far as what I'm playing... it's World in Conflict. I'm part way through mission 3 right now and it's a damn good game. Very, very actiony and chaotic.

[quote name='daroga']Halo 3 has recaptured the simple fun of Halo 1 in its single player camapign. If anyone enjoyed 1 but was let down by 2, check out 3 :)[/QUOTE]If someone gives me $63.59, I'll buy the game. ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']Is the level design any good this time around, or is it more copy-pasted corridors?[/quote]I'm only through the 3rd level, but there's not been any yet. In fact, 2 of the first 3 levels are outside. Pretty slick stuff.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't have any friends on live, so people add me: mmmpepsi4[/QUOTE]What did you get?? I may add you a little later, when I get to it, although we still haven't played something yet on PSN (I really, really hope we do sometime). ;)

[quote name='whoknows']Its a long story.

I'll tell you about it someday, but yes :p[/quote]Cool :) It'll be easier to add you if you put your tag in your profile to the left. But with Xbox Live being all bustified right now, it might h ave to wait a bit.

[quote name='whoknows']Its a long story.

I'll tell you about it someday, but yes :p[/quote]

fuck yeah man it's about time! Which version did you end up getting? Premium, Core, Elite, Halo? Nice my friend I highly recommend these games: Bioshock, Dead Rising, The Darkness (Better on the 360, in fact most multi platform games are) and Lost Planet. So far Halo 3 as well since I am enjoying it way more then Halo 2 SP right now. I'm really glad you got a 360 man, it's definitely worth having for all the great games it has.

Also Stranglehold as well, unless you want to wait till the end of Oct to play it on PS3.... :lol:

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']fuck yeah man it's about time! Which version did you end up getting? Premium, Core, Elite, Halo? Nice my friend I highly recommend these games: Bioshock, Dead Rising, The Darkness (Better on the 360, in fact most multi platform games are) and Lost Planet. So far Halo 3 as well since I am enjoying it way more then Halo 2 SP right now. I'm really glad you got a 360 man, it's definitely worth having for all the great games it has.

Also Stranglehold as well, unless you want to wait till the end of Oct to play it on PS3.... :lol:[/QUOTE]The Darkness is about even on both platforms. I'd say before, the 360 versions may have had the advantage, but now, the PS3 and 360 versions are very close to one another (DiRT turned out better on PS3). It's mostly EA who can't port a game to PS3 now.

If you liked 360 so much, why didn't you post your gamercard? ;)

The PS3 version does have Hard Boiled HD movie, for those who like movies. I only care about anime though coming extra.

got to play some Halo MP tonight at a friend's place. exactly what I expected-- the beta, but a million times better (and I loved the beta.)

hmmm...I still have a little less than half the value of my elite warranty cash-in left and lots of reward zone bucks, just about enough for a premium *gears are turning* :lol: but there is literally nothing after halo that I can't get on the PC.

[quote name='Apossum']got to play some Halo MP tonight at a friend's place. exactly what I expected-- the beta, but a million times better (and I loved the beta.)

hmmm...I still have a little less than half the value of my elite warranty cash-in left and lots of reward zone bucks, just about enough for a premium *gears are turning* :lol: but there is literally nothing after halo that I can't get on the PC.[/quote]Wait... didn't you just get a 360 like a few weeks ago?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The Darkness is about even on both platforms. I'd say before, the 360 versions may have had the advantage, but now, the PS3 and 360 versions are very close to one another (DiRT turned out better on PS3). It's mostly EA who can't port a game to PS3 now.

If you liked 360 so much, why didn't you post your gamercard? ;)[/quote]
No way the darkness is definitely better on the 360. After playing both versions I noticed the PS3 versions has jaggies, while the 360 version does not. Might not be a big deal to some but for me it is. Also I don't have live a silver or gold account because I am lazy and don't feel like setting it up. ;) That may change once I finish Halo 3 though....

[quote name='daroga']Wait... didn't you just get a 360 like a few weeks ago?[/QUOTE]

no, I got rid of a 360 a few weeks ago. I got a gaming PC a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']fuck yeah man it's about time! Which version did you end up getting? Premium, Core, Elite, Halo? Nice my friend I highly recommend these games: Bioshock, Dead Rising, The Darkness (Better on the 360, in fact most multi platform games are) and Lost Planet. So far Halo 3 as well since I am enjoying it way more then Halo 2 SP right now. I'm really glad you got a 360 man, it's definitely worth having for all the great games it has.

Also Stranglehold as well, unless you want to wait till the end of Oct to play it on PS3.... :lol:[/QUOTE]
I got the Premium...didn't really think I needed the Elite.

I ordered Dead Rising off of swap, and I'm planning to get Bioshock eventually. As for The Darkness, the comparison video on Gametrailers makes the PS3 version look better, besides I already have it for PS3 so I'm not going to buy it again :p

Not getting Stranglehold, because if I did it would have been the PS3 CE and that got delayed. There are way better games coming out so I'm passing on it.

Half way through Halo 3's campaign.

I've been playing Dark Mirror and Lethal Alliance during my down time.

Speaking of Lethal Alliance, (assuming anyone bought it of course) did the game just randomly shut itself off during loading sequences? I mean, we're talking a hardcore shut down of the PSP. I thought there was a problem with my system, but nothing else (out of the 10 or so games I own) has had this problem.

[quote name='whoknows']I got the Premium...didn't really think I needed the Elite.

I ordered Dead Rising off of swap, and I'm planning to get Bioshock eventually. As for The Darkness, the comparison video on Gametrailers makes the PS3 version look better, besides I already have it for PS3 so I'm not going to buy it again :p

Not getting Stranglehold, because if I did it would have been the PS3 CE and that got delayed. There are way better games coming out so I'm passing on it.[/quote]

Nice man, we'll have to talk over Aim/Msn so you can fill me on the story with the 360. Did you get the new premiums that have the HDMI built in/new heat sinks installed? I really enjoy the darkness more on the 360 and I do think it's the better version but to each their own. Nice game pick up though, if you need any more recommendations or anything give me a shout.

[quote name='Apossum']damn, sorry to hear that.

there's a suicidal guy currently running around madison with a gun...but there's no one to shoot since everyone's inside playing Halo. (well, the first part is true)[/QUOTE]

Well, that makes me feel slightly better. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']That really sucks to hear. :whistle2:( I really hope you get your stuff back.[/QUOTE]

Compassion . . . FROM MINE ENEMY~!!!

J/K, thanks for the support, but I really doubt I'll ever see any of it again. No witnesses and no concern from the cop we had come over nor the detective looking into the case.

I just hope he / she / they just don't decide to come back. Oh, and that they get the most brutal form of AIDS imaginable. :evil:

So I guess H3 isn't getting touched until tomorrow, and with my Live AWOL until Saturday, I'm stuck playing the Single-Player . . . by my self :'{

[quote name='The Mana Knight']What did you get?? I may add you a little later, when I get to it, although we still haven't played something yet on PSN (I really, really hope we do sometime). ;)[/QUOTE]
We can play something on PSN anytime...we just gotta find a game we both have :p

I know you faggits are gonna be like "dude, quit being gay, go buy Halo," and I'm gonna be like "no, you're all fags, fuck you you homos." And then I'll buy it cause you queers won't stop leaving me alone.

I'll most likely get it sometime soon-ish. I really just wanted to make a post with lots of derogatory ways of saying cocksuker.

I've just been toppling the bigger monsters in monster hunter freedom lately. going to TRU on thursday to hopefully pick up skate and eternal sonata and I have no idea what the free game would be. god I can't wait until thursday when all my school work is done for a whole month.

[quote name='seanr1221']Think of all the vulgar language we can say when we play![/QUOTE]

Okay, now that seriously convinced me. I'll pick it up sometime.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']don't be in a hurry to get halo 3. it's onyl good for a social game (ala gears) so don't think it's a must.[/QUOTE]

I know it's only good as a social game, which is why I wasn't buying it at launch... not that much interest when I have waay better stuff to play.

But I do like social games, so yeah.

I finished Halo 3 tonight on heroic. According to the saved films it took around 12 hours. Overall it's the best campaign the series has had yet. The game really did a great job bringing back those excellent massive outdoor encounters from halo 1. The vehicle combat is top notch as always, too. I can tell that things will never play out the same way twice, which is one of my favorite things about halo.

Complaints would be that keeping the brutes as the consistent main enemy made encounters feel a bit stale at times. There are grunts, jackals, drones, hunters, and flood to mix things up. I REALLY enjoyed how the flood behaved and looked this time around. Much more organic and twisted.

Overall I'm happy with the single player, aside from flood levels dragging on a bit as usual. The story was pretty good too, but didn't give all the answers in quite as much detail as I'd have liked. Maybe that's what the hidden terminals are for. I'll be starting up legendary ASAP.

And the Brute Spiker might be my favorite halo weapon so far.

Off to play some WoW. I really don't know why I upp'd for one month, as I have way too much to play (as usual). Seeing my co-workers WoWCrack during lunch just about every day finally wore on me, I guess. At least I regained my senses in time to cancel the recurring part of the sub...

Got home from work early last night and was just going to play a bit of Halo 3 before bed, around 10:45 or so. Went to bed a few minutes before 1:00am. Today is gonna suck :p

I know how you feel, daroga.. I've been staying up far too late the past two days on it.

[quote name='snakelda']am I the only person who hasn't finished Persona 3?Damn game is too fucking long but I love it![/QUOTE]Nope, I'm WAY behind on the game, but that's because of time. :whistle2:(
[quote name='whoknows']We can play something on PSN anytime...we just gotta find a game we both have :p[/QUOTE]Yeah, but I think the time will eventually come. We had a few similar games, but we both owned them at different times. We mostly have some similar single player games.

Also Stranglehold as well, unless you want to wait till the end of Oct to play it on PS3.... :lol:[/QUOTE]
Setting up an account is VERY easy. I even have two of them (one Japanese, one U.S.)

Anyway, didn't game that much yesterday. I decided to be a recel on my 360 playing Wartech instead of Halo 3. :lol: I also played a little Warhawk last night.

[quote name='snakelda']am I the only person who hasn't finished Persona 3?Damn game is too fucking long but I love it![/QUOTE]
At 97 hours, have 27 days to go. But I may just go through a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back