You needn't play at war for General Gaming -- Thread 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat. A friend of mine's gonna pick that up. Will check it out then :)

EDIT: Is guilty gear's move system akin to Capcom's fighters (quater circles, etc.) or is it a totally different style?

meh still FFT PSP do not want.

All I've been playing this weekend is Halo 2 MP. So good. Still.

[quote name='daroga']Neat. A friend of mine's gonna pick that up. Will check it out then :)

EDIT: Is guilty gear's move system akin to Capcom's fighters (quater circles, etc.) or is it a totally different style?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's like Capcom's fighters. Lotsa quarter circles and half circles. Well, only a few half circles.

Though this is 5 buttons (four standard attack buttons, one "dust" button) rather than Capcom's usual six.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, it's like Capcom's fighters. Lotsa quarter circles and half circles. Well, only a few half circles.

Though this is 5 buttons (four standard attack buttons, one "dust" button) rather than Capcom's usual six.[/quote]Sounds better suited for a gamepad than Capcom's then.

[quote name='daroga']Sounds better suited for a gamepad than Capcom's then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it definitely is, since all the buttons you need to use constantly are mapped to the face of the controller rather than the shoulder buttons. I still prefer using a stick, of course, but yeah.

maan fuck hotel ducks!!

I'm wasting like an hour on that game trying to rip a label off of a wine bottle to give to sum old lady, and I click and click and click the bottle countless times and it just does not give me the option of pulling the label off!!

and I am in a situation where I am away from computer to look up the solution on gamefaqs.

I turned the game off and went to sleep...

anyway, turns out u need sum adhesive remover, wtf I dont even have that stuff in my inventory, and using ctrl+f in the faq doesnt tell me where it is either!!

[quote name='daroga']Sounds better suited for a gamepad than Capcom's then.[/QUOTE]there is not a single 2D game that is better suited for gamepad over stick.

"dust" is just a name no different than "punch" "kick" "slash" or "heavy slash", its use in your gameplay is just as important and common as the rest of your attacks.

but if you're gonna use a pad then make sure to set a macro button for p+k+s or something like that so u can one-button roman cancel, there isnt a single GGXX pad player who doesnt do that

[quote name='pete5883']Nearing hour 90 and New Year's Eve in P3, and in Picross DS I have 294 puzzles down, 36 to go.

Are you reading Shonan Junai Gumi (aka GTO: The Early Years?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have the first four volumes from Tokyopop; I can't wait to start those. I'm sure it'll be great, but I'm going to miss Azusa and those damn kids. I really, really hope Fujisawa revisits the series someday.

On a related note, I'm in August now in Persona 3, and I'm still loving the experience.

EDIT: I've also decided to settle, at least for the time being, on Kuma as my Tekken 5: DR character. >_>

[quote name='gunm']Accent Core is 10/10?[/QUOTE]

Yes, AC is a 10/10. I loved the core GG gameplay that they've had since X2, and everything they added outside of the announcer voice has been either good or great. I really do think GGX2 is one of, if not the best 2D fighters ever, so having them throw more shit on it and sell it at a good price makes it as close to perfect as I could've hoped.

[quote name='JEKKI']maan fuck hotel ducks!!

I'm wasting like an hour on that game trying to rip a label off of a wine bottle to give to sum old lady, and I click and click and click the bottle countless times and it just does not give me the option of pulling the label off!!

and I am in a situation where I am away from computer to look up the solution on gamefaqs.

I turned the game off and went to sleep...

anyway, turns out u need sum adhesive remover, wtf I dont even have that stuff in my inventory, and using ctrl+f in the faq doesnt tell me where it is either!![/quote]
It's in the box of products you got from your boss on your bed

[quote name='Chacrana']Yes, AC is a 10/10. I loved the core GG gameplay that they've had since X2, and everything they added outside of the announcer voice has been either good or great. I really do think GGX2 is one of, if not the best 2D fighters ever, so having them throw more shit on it and sell it at a good price makes it as close to perfect as I could've hoped.[/QUOTE]I really want to get the game. The only reason I'm holding back is that if I buy a Wii, I'll get it for Wii (I put GG games on just about all platforms). I don't mind getting it on PS2, but since I already have X2 on PS2 (still play it a lot), I was hoping to have it on Wii (but the chances of me buying a Wii this year are slim unfortunately).
[quote name='Chacrana']Awesome -- this is what I wanted to hear. Now I have no reservations about buying it.[/QUOTE]I need to re-check, but I could swear most every source I read said they fixed the issues. PSM didn't mention a word about issues and said the game was way better than the PS1 version.

Just to confirm, for Samsho people, Samurai Shodown: Tenkaichi Kenkakuden is on the Samsho collection. There were some places that said it wasn't and some places that said it was for months prior to this, but yeah, it's definitely in there. For those who don't get it, that means that this collection is perfect.

I finally got the Ratchet & Clank Future demo on PS3. All I gotta say is that I truly love it and it may be my favorite next generation game overall, based on demo alone.

I got shot down for a $40 Growlanser V at GC, so I exchanged it for Metroid Prime 3. I just beat the first boss - awesome, awesome stuff. I also need to get a PSP sooner or later just to play FFT (the PSX FFT is my favorite game of all time).

[quote name='nyprimus4']I also want to try out game fuel, lol, anyone have recommedations about it?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't. You'll have to piss continually for the rest of the day, and you'll feel like you just swallowed an orange-flavored cock.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, don't. You'll have to piss continually for the rest of the day, and you'll feel like you just swallowed an orange-flavored cock.[/QUOTE]
Do we even want to know how you know what swallowing an orange-flavored cock feels like?

[quote name='nyprimus4']More Gears. I think once I get Halo 3 I will rotate it with PGR3. I'm hoping to get Heavenly Sword soon. I want to tidy up my room, set my 360 up with my 2.1 speakers and not my built in TV speakers, and got a couple of these chairs(link below) from target before Halo 3. I also want to try out game fuel, lol, anyone have recommedations about it?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_3/602-2035362-5255862?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000N8LK9E[/QUOTE]
Personally, I think the sphere chairs are pretty uncomfortable. The model you're looking at folds in half, so maybe the design is better than mine. At any rate, those chairs are a sales planner-only item, and back-to-college at that. They should go on clearance pretty soon.

wow, Halo 3 really came quick. it'll kinda suck to not be a part of the hype, especially after enjoying the hell out of the beta, but Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 are really taking care of my FPS needs right now. Halo 3...maybe I'll pick it up when I get Ninja Gaiden 2 and a new 360 next year.

Just got to Ravenholm in HL2 and I'm thoroughly blown away. I didn't have a very good impression of Valve before, since I read so many "Gabe Newell bitching about X, Y, and Z" articles and I never paid attention to HL2, since I didn't have a rig to play it on (lol @ xbox version) but the game really freaking delivers. The Orange Box is just quality all around (and the Steam service isn't half bad either.)

[quote name='nyprimus4'] I also want to try out game fuel, lol, anyone have recommedations about it?
[/QUOTE]

stick with code red. Game fuel tastes like code red with robitussin in it.

I've also heard it tastes like an orange flavored cock.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Do we even want to know how you know what swallowing an orange-flavored cock feels like?[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's a story alright. I'll tell you guys someday when you're older.

been playing monster hunter freedom when I get free time from completing school work. also played some capcom vs snk 2 EO with my little brother while I was at home this weekend. this weekend is going to be filled with suck (mostly because of tests) and monster hunter on the psp.

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh, it's a story alright. I'll tell you guys someday when you're older.[/QUOTE]

the odd part is that the story involves chacrana, bacon bits, 50 minutes of electric shock, dry wall, and a ladybug dressed as a Mongolian sailor.

I got a slim PSP today for $170 (due to the 15% sale at Meijer), but can't see it for a few days (since I had my Mom pick it up for me, since I'm away at college right now). I also got the component cables. I really hate the D-pad on the original PSP (which is one reason I wanted a slim). I got tired of black due to fingerprints. Also, having a lighter PSP with TV out (yes, I know it doesn't cover the whole screen) is very big to me.

I was faced with a really, really tough decision because Meijer also had a Wii for $212.49 after the discount. As glad as I am that I got the slim PSP, I still wonder if I should have bought the Wii (sales come often, so this isn't my only chance) though. I don't care for Zelda or Metroid (not a fan of either), but I was looking to get it for DDR Hottest Party, Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, Fire Emblem, NiGHTs (big Nights fan here), and some older games (like Wario Ware, Sonic, Elebits, Super Swing Golf, etc.). But at the same time, if I got one, I would have spent around ~$500 (for Wii, accessories, and some games), and would have only had ~$200-$300 for games on PS3/360/PSP/DS/PS2. Oh well, I hope I get a Wii next year at least (It's killing me for not owning one, to an extent).

Thank god I didn't listen to podcasts all week and I have a ton of them for today at work.. I cannot wait to get halo 3 tonight!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I got a slim PSP today for $170 (due to the 15% sale at Meijer), but can't see it for a few days (since I had my Mom pick it up for me, since I'm away at college right now). I also got the component cables. I really hate the D-pad on the original PSP (which is one reason I wanted a slim). I got tired of black due to fingerprints. Also, having a lighter PSP with TV out (yes, I know it doesn't cover the whole screen) is very big to me.

I was faced with a really, really tough decision because Meijer also had a Wii for $212.49 after the discount. As glad as I am that I got the slim PSP, I still wonder if I should have bought the Wii (sales come often, so this isn't my only chance) though. I don't care for Zelda or Metroid (not a fan of either), but I was looking to get it for DDR Hottest Party, Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, Fire Emblem, NiGHTs (big Nights fan here), and some older games (like Wario Ware, Sonic, Elebits, Super Swing Golf, etc.). But at the same time, if I got one, I would have spent around ~$500 (for Wii, accessories, and some games), and would have only had ~$200-$300 for games on PS3/360/PSP/DS/PS2. Oh well, I hope I get a Wii next year at least (It's killing me for not owning one, to an extent).[/QUOTE]

you can still get Accent Core and DDR on the PS2 and for cheaper.

I considered buying a slim PSP for a minute, but of all the PSPs I've owned, I've never kept one for more than a couple months (sold them after realizing I haven't played them in a while.)

My holiday line up is really easy this year, since I only have a PC and DS (and probably a PS2 within a month or two if they announce a bundle or a price drop.)

--Ninja Gaiden DS (crossing fingers that it makes it this year)
--Orange Box (already purchased)
--CoD 4
--maybe Crysis, if it's any good
--maybe Hellgate London, if it has a great single player campaign.

If I get a PS2, add Guilty Gear Accent Core to that.

hmmm, I think I'm missing some games on that list because I can't remember the last holiday season where I didn't buy 10 or more games :)

nooo~!!! I almost beat Hotel Ducks last nite!

almost!!

I made a wrong response at the final boss and he straight up "pwned" me or something like that...

then it was midnite and I had to goto sleep coz I gotta get my azz up at 5am for work :cry:

but I brought my DS with me from my parent house so I dont hafta wait another few weeks to finish up the game, I can do it tonite!

[quote name='Apossum']you can still get Accent Core and DDR on the PS2 and for cheaper. [/quote]I know, but the thing is, I'm a DDR freak. I play every single DDR I buy for no less than 20 hours. I'm buying SuperNOVA 2 on PS2, but I'm kind of upset because this is the first time I cannot buy a particular DDR (since I always own a console by the time a DDR comes out). I own like 12 DDR games.

I considered buying a slim PSP for a minute, but of all the PSPs I've owned, I've never kept one for more than a couple months (sold them after realizing I haven't played them in a while.)
I haven't played my PSP as much lately, but I still have a lot to play on mine and I enjoy it, so I just had to get it.

Now: Heavenly Sword (maybe, but it'll probably be Tag Force 2 AGAIN, damn YGO! and it's awesome game play mechanics (and terrible, terrible Story Mode / Anime))

Later: HALO MOTHER F'N 3. Going to snag it at midnight and then proceed to literally play the Story Campaign until I drop. Or until I beat it, whatever comes first.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']halo 3? wtf is that?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a new STD that affects your cock ring.

I played Vegas for awhile last night.

Good stuff, except when people shot and killed me. Everyone is supposed to let me just kill them and ignore me

got bioshock comin from gamefly, can't wait and then h3 will be here on wens or thurs. Until then I guess i'm still thrashen up the world of SKATE. still wish i could watch my vids online tho, ea's website blows

lots of monster hunter freedom. definately getting back in the groove of things with it. probably going to play all night while I'm at the halo 3 midnight release (I have to work the stupid thing).

I DL'd The Darkness and Stuntman via PSN last night.

I'm definitely gonna get Charlie Murphy Darkness at some point, probably the 360 version. I dunno why, but I completely locked up in the cemetary and forgot how to play FPS...kept dying like a newb for some reason.

Stuntman was annoying, yet strangely addictive. I don't like having to play the scene over and over and over and over and over just to figure out where all the stunts are and I don't like playing over and over and over and over just to get the stunts right. But all that frustration is somewhat rewarding...almost. Kind of feels like one long, annoying Burnout Take Down mini game after a while, though.

Played more Daxter and finished teh Freakin' Sweet UMD on the new PSP slim as well.

As for the 400lb Gorilla known as Halo3, my copy just arrived at the UPS to USPS processing facility in CA, so I figure I'll end up getting it...I dunno, some time in the next two weeks?

my friend and I were laughing our asses off playing the stuntman demo in the "on ice" stage finding all of the directors/cameramen and running into them at high speed. The replays that are generated are absurd. Trying to break the game's racing physics was the most fun of that game, you ended up with these rediculous looking replays.

Damn, I tried playing R6 Vegas online again and people just don't understand that they aren't allowed to kill me but I'm allowed to kill them.

I'm sticking with co-op.

[quote name='jer7583']my friend and I were laughing our asses off playing the stuntman demo in the "on ice" stage finding all of the directors/cameramen and running into them at high speed. The replays that are generated are absurd. Trying to break the game's racing physics was the most fun of that game, you ended up with these rediculous looking replays.[/quote]

Wait, you didn't follow the rules and tried to have fun? Shame on you.

Seriously, I think I'll try that tonight. Trying to actually meet the level objectives made me forget about the replay mode. It's not like I wanted to replay the scene after I already played it through 20 times, though. :p

[quote name='nyprimus4']I also want to try out game fuel, lol, anyone have recommedations about it?[/quote]

It's disgusting, but oddly addictive. I should just toss my remaining liter of it, but I'm losing brain cells a la Flowers for Algernon.

Must be all that Brominated Vegetable Oil. I hear that stuff is somewhere between asbestos and tobacco on the long-term killage scale.

Picked up Lethal Alliance, Dark Mirror, and Gunpey for $10 a piece at Toys R Us earlier today.

With the exception of Burnout Legends (a maybe on my list) and Killzone..I've picked my Toys R Us clean for good clearance games. High five.

Lethal Alliance is pretty good. Nothing too great, but still enjoyable for $9.90

Ended up picking up World in Conflict CE yesterday, coz I wanted to use the Fry's ad and PM the game. Got it for $48. More importantly, I started it... or at least the tutorial, and... I can tell already that it's something special. The combat has that intensity to it that few other strategy games have... and that's really one of the major reasons I tend to dislike RTS games. Like seemingly every other game with the Games for Windows logo, it runs like a dream, even on older hardware, and it configures itself automatically when you first start the game.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']So I fucked my boss's wife......[/QUOTE]

You did no such thing. But since we're on the topic, I showed your mom who's boss last night. She enjoyed my executive perk.

[quote name='Chacrana']You did no such thing. But since we're on the topic, I showed your mom who's boss last night. She enjoyed my executive perk.[/quote]

Oh really?

[quote name='gunm']Wait, Dark Mirror is $10 @ TRU? Shit, I better go there asap.[/QUOTE]

The original SKU should be, I doubt the Greatest Hits one is.

I had to wait about 15 minutes till the clerk came out and asked if the game was just called "Dark Mirror". Actually, she phrased it as "What's this?" while showing me to ticket. When I told her a PSP game, she just repeated the question till I told her the full name is Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror.

[quote name='Chacrana']You did no such thing. But since we're on the topic, I showed your mom who's boss last night. She enjoyed my executive perk.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: That owned so hard, this was all silent could muster up as a response:

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Oh really?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

just snagged Halo 3 (DAMN FRAT GUYS and DAMN EB FOR THERE PISS-POOR HANDLING OF THE LINE :bomb: ), one of the horribly designed CEs (complete with bouncing around discs). Bout to fire that sum bitch up :D

Also, got word from friends (that work at EB), that between ealier in the day, and the midnight release that roughly 1,000 360s were sold. Most of the city is OOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back