You will post in this OTT. Do you understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SneakyPenguin']You heard it here first, on the Soodmeg-is-always-wrong scale The Hunger Games is officially a winner.[/QUOTE]

I am almost rarely wrong Sneak, my truth bombs are hard to handle for you non believers. By the way it has a 67 on metacritic right now...which is only 11ish points higher than Twilight. Also, why do you guys think I hate everything when there are tons of stuff that I praise all the time?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I want to hear more about what he thinks aren't games or movies.[/QUOTE]

I will have a full list to you by the end of the week....although I dont know what you are talking about when you say games. What games did I say wasnt a game?

Once things like Hunger Games and Girl with a Dragon Tattoo reach such a mass-market level of popularity, I know I'll never take any interest in them.

Slightly snobbish, I know.

Everyone keeps agreeing with that statement with the only rider being "you got to play it with friends." It being more fun with friends doesnt magically make it less of a crap game.

One of the biggest problems with me apparently and its one of the sticking points since I have been here is the fact that I dont think enjoyment equals quality.

Just like Alpha Protocol (one of my personal favorite games) is completely broken in the gameplay department....just because I loved it doesnt magically make it less broken. Borderlands is a shit game that apparently is fun with friends....but with friends doesnt make it less of a shit game. One doesnt override the other, it just excuses it.

Morning all. I had a rough morning this morning. First I forgot my coffee in my house and I had to get it. And then I lost a button my shirt and I had to change it. And then I puked twice on the way to the van.

[quote name='eldergamer']Once things like Hunger Games and Girl with a Dragon Tattoo reach such a mass-market level of popularity, I know I'll never take any interest in them.

Slightly snobbish, I know.[/QUOTE]

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is great, though. Fincher's adaptation is better as a story. Same with Fight Club.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was excited that I got 3 of the 5 Mega Millions numbers...until I realized that it was only 7 dollars...and I have to share it with 7 people.

Oh, well...LET IT ROLL!!!!!

[quote name='Soodmeg']Everyone keeps agreeing with that statement with the only rider being "you got to play it with friends." It being more fun with friends doesnt magically make it less of a crap game.
[/QUOTE]
Counter Strike was the single most played/ popular game for nearly a decade. There was no narrative or score, graphics were dated by the time the mod reached any level of success and there were only 4 player models for each side (read: enemies) and a few dozen maps.
I, and millions of others, loved it like no other game. Many of us developed friendships that spanned the country and the globe- some servers even became their own intimate communities.

The entertainment and pleasure came, almost exclusively, from the mutually shared experience and camaraderie.

Don't discount the appeal of multiplayer and co-op- at this point people still saying such sound like fools. Calling a game crap because you have a sticking points is well. . .

TL;DR. shaddup soodmeg. ;)

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Counter Strike was the single most played/ popular game for nearly a decade. There was no narrative or score, graphics were dated by the time the mod reached any level of success and there were only 4 player models for each side (read: enemies) and a few dozen maps.
I, and millions of others, loved it like no other game. Many of us developed friendships that spanned the country and the globe- some servers even became their own intimate communities.

The entertainment and pleasure came, almost exclusively, from the mutually shared experience and camaraderie.

Don't discount the appeal of multiplayer and co-op- at this point people still saying such sound like fools. Calling a game crap because you have a sticking points is well. . .

TL;DR. shaddup soodmeg. ;)[/QUOTE]

CS is a mod...it never was meant to have anything else but a MP aspect thats not the same as having a SP that is broken and a MP that is great.......I am disappointed in you...I am easily proven wrong on most things but like The Hunger Games you didnt even try.

(See what I did there BOOOOOOOOOM) :lol:

Anyway today is edit and conversation day. There is nothing better than babysitting status bars and watching them slowly fill up. Although the show was watched by 4 thousand people and I only got 67 complaints and just 4 people told my boss that they should fire me and hire their "grandson, son, neighbor etc etc" who is "good at the internet."

All and all a good show. If you guys have never heard of it which I doubt, there is a website called Clients from hell that makes me smile. If you are a tech or freelancer or GD its a nice way to laugh at the pain of others.

So, I got an email from Sony saying I have money still in a PSN account I made for game sharing, but I don't remember the password.

The first name is cheapottgames

and the email was zewonezewone at gmail.com

If anyone here might remember (it's been quite some time), let me know.

Oh, and I did try and do a password reset, but the reset email never shows up.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Everyone keeps agreeing with that statement with the only rider being "you got to play it with friends." It being more fun with friends doesnt magically make it less of a crap game.

One of the biggest problems with me apparently and its one of the sticking points since I have been here is the fact that I dont think enjoyment equals quality.

Just like Alpha Protocol (one of my personal favorite games) is completely broken in the gameplay department....just because I loved it doesnt magically make it less broken. Borderlands is a shit game that apparently is fun with friends....but with friends doesnt make it less of a shit game. One doesnt override the other, it just excuses it.[/QUOTE]
Who are you arguing with?

[quote name='Soodmeg']CS is a mod...it never was meant to have anything else but a MP aspect thats not the same as having a SP that is broken and a MP that is great.......I am disappointed in you...I am easily proven wrong on most things but like The Hunger Games you didnt even try.

(See what I did there BOOOOOOOOOM) :lol:.[/QUOTE]
FIZZLE!
While it may have started as a mod, CS saw standalone commercial releases on both Xbox and PC. It also had a sequential single player mode with bots.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Who are you arguing with?[/QUOTE]
Who knows? It seemed like he needed somebody to, so I figured I would.

Uuhhhhhh. I don't know, someone said something.

I got toco bell to wrap that new toco in a cheesy gordita crunch. It was tasty.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Uuhhhhhh. I don't know, someone said something.

I got toco bell to wrap that new toco in a cheesy gordita crunch. It was tasty.[/QUOTE]
It would be better with lava sauce...plan on trying that next time

Morning, OTT.

Number83.5 went on a College recruiting visit to Towson University and he loved it. Even got to play with the basketball team and the coach told him that he should apply and try out as a walk on. He spent 3 days there (was only supposed to be one) attending classes and playing with the team. His friend that he was with was offered a full ride to play hoops, which was the reason he went in the first place. That was cool to hear.

Problem is, it's 3X what it would cost for a Pennsylvania State School. Out-of-state tuition is crazy. How do you tell your own son "No, you can't go there, even though it's the perfect fit. It's too expensive."?

You don't! You hit up every scholarship webstie and fill out every financial aid form you can find.

Only 2 more kids after this to worry about...That's what my life insurance is for, I guess.

[quote name='Maklershed']He should go to Bloomsburg aka the best college in PA.[/QUOTE]

It'll most likely be East Stroudsburg...which is a lot like Bloomsburg. Probably not as many drunk students in ESU as compared to Bloomsburg, but still. He's not going away to college to drink anyway, right?

So if I want to unpartition my hard drive I just need to back up my data as I would if I were reinstalling windows or something, right?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'll probably regret this, but I think I agree with Soodmeg. I enjoyed The Hunger Games when I read it, but I did not like the movie. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

OH NOIES!!!!!! :lol:

Dont let them see that or you will be marked for life.

Finished off God Of War after leaving it aside for 3 or 4 nights. Put the last boss battle on Easy. Which turned out to be too easy....
The combat in this game wasn't hard, just a few of the timed puzzles and that one last fall off the labrynith.

The facial models in yakuza 4 are really good. Alot of attention to detail, and I'm even surprised how many subtle skin shades they've managed for an all Asian cast.
Hands still look gigantically big, but no game gets those right.

[quote name='Rocko']So if I want to unpartition my hard drive I just need to back up my data as I would if I were reinstalling windows or something, right?[/QUOTE]

In theory, yes.

Depends on what the end goal is. You can use something like gparted to do it with minimal backup -- if the filesystems are the same type, you can merge, if not, you can back up one and then grow the remaining...

PM me if you want more details, I guess?

[quote name='Soodmeg']OH NOIES!!!!!! :lol:

Dont let them see that or you will be marked for life.[/QUOTE]

Too late. I think I was marked prior to this comment anyway. :lol:
I dislike movies that use the basic cameras to try to remove the "production". The only film that did this to my liking (that I've seen) was Cloverfield. Contrastingly, Harry Potter 7 did this intentionally as well, and it took me out of the experience the whole time. After 6 high production big budget films, they go to this approach and it's just jarring.
Add to this a bunch of subtle and not subtle changes to the details of the story (ok, some have to be done to tell the story in 2 hours, but some do not) as well as the use of other cheesy/corny devices to try to impart information from the book without doing it in context and it just ruined it for me. The 67 metacritic is definitely not a reflection of what I feel the movie should be scored -- I'd put it in the 40s somewhere, probably. One of my more disliked adaptations of book to film in recent memory. I don't think I have any interest in seeing the next 2 movies, should they make them.

Wait did I actually say it wasnt a movie? I dont remember....I think what I said was it was barely a movie because they literally took scenes from the book and just set them next to each other. It was more like a moving picture book than a movie...

I cant remember what I said....so I will say what I say to all people from Ohio shaddup!

In other news I once again remember why I hate editing so much. Stuck in a windowless room for 10 plus hours a day watching bars move across the screen. Edit, renderm transcode, render, edit, export 16x9 for this client, 4:3 for that one, render.......Blargh.

Although I can look forward to this years summer tour which apparently goes to Toronto, Random Mexican town, Utah, Wisconsin, Florida and Cali. Best part...all shooting and setting up..no editing for me!

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Number83.5 went on a College recruiting visit to Towson University and he loved it. Even got to play with the basketball team and the coach told him that he should apply and try out as a walk on. He spent 3 days there (was only supposed to be one) attending classes and playing with the team. His friend that he was with was offered a full ride to play hoops, which was the reason he went in the first place. That was cool to hear.

Problem is, it's 3X what it would cost for a Pennsylvania State School. Out-of-state tuition is crazy. How do you tell your own son "No, you can't go there, even though it's the perfect fit. It's too expensive."?

You don't! You hit up every scholarship webstie and fill out every financial aid form you can find.

Only 2 more kids after this to worry about...That's what my life insurance is for, I guess.[/QUOTE]#-oYou're going to regret it when you have to end up selling your Anaken Skywalker dolls to pay for kid2's college of choice.

Why cant he sell his soul to student loans like most kids? It going to suck balls later on for him but if thats where he wants to go he can still do it. Just make sure he picks a real field so he can pay it back.

[quote name='munch']There's a good, $1 offer on the 360 site right now. You can cancel online, too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I did this and have 2 credits now.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']In theory, yes.

Depends on what the end goal is. You can use something like gparted to do it with minimal backup -- if the filesystems are the same type, you can merge, if not, you can back up one and then grow the remaining...

PM me if you want more details, I guess?[/QUOTE]

Hm. Well, my backup randomly failed after like an hour and I can't get gparted to work so I suppose I wasn't meant to, you know, effectively use that 250 GB on my laptop anyway.

[quote name='Rocko']Hm. Well, my backup randomly failed after like an hour and I can't get gparted to work so I suppose I wasn't meant to, you know, effectively use that 250 GB on my laptop anyway.[/QUOTE]

Did you just try to run the windows port or did you make the boot CD and then boot from your CD drive? If you did the latter and it didn't work, I don't know why... but if you did the first, I don't think that normally works out well.

It said to burn the gparted-live .iso file as an image, so I chose "burn disc image" (I'm not familiar with ISOs really so my apologies) but the CD doesn't boot or anything, it's just files... which I thought was what you avoid when you burn an ISO as an image but perhaps not?

[quote name='Rocko']It said to burn the gparted-live .iso file as an image, so I chose "burn disc image" (I'm not familiar with ISOs really so my apologies) but the CD doesn't boot or anything, it's just files... which I thought was what you avoid when you burn an ISO as an image but perhaps not?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure your boot order is set to check the CD drive before it boots from the HDD?
Lots of laptops/netbooks/computers have a key you can press to get a "boot menu" and select your boot device -- if you can do this with the gparted CD in the drive and you select the CD drive from the list and it doesn't work, no dice -- but an ISO is just a way to copy a disc exactly, not just the files -- once burned the CD will show the same files the original did...

:lol: clearly I have a fundamental misunderstanding of the way this utility works, as I didn't realize I was supposed to be trying to boot from the disc. *whoosh*

Once this backup finishes I'll do that, then. I know I did that before to run some Linux thing because I forgot the password to my laptop once.

[quote name='Rocko']:lol: clearly I have a fundamental misunderstanding of the way this utility works, as I didn't realize I was supposed to be trying to boot from the disc. *whoosh*

Once this backup finishes I'll do that, then. I know I did that before to run some Linux thing because I forgot the password to my laptop once.[/QUOTE]

Now you got it.
It's like partition magic -- but it works best if you boot from CD because that way nothing on the HDD is loaded into memory (since everything is operating off the CD/DVD).

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Now you got it.
It's like partition magic -- but it works best if you boot from CD because that way nothing on the HDD is loaded into memory (since everything is operating off the CD/DVD).[/QUOTE]
Okay, one more question. I have it working. I see the recovery partition, the OS partition, and then there's the partition I'm wanting to eliminate, a 200+ GB partition whose file system is listed as "extended", and it lists so used or free space (although it lists a total size of 200+ GB). Then, indented under that, is a NTFS partition of the same size that lists the used and available space. I can delete or resize that indented one, but it doesnt allow me any free space to then resize my OS partition... and I can't delete or resize the "extended" one.

Again I could be completely missing the ball on how exactly this is supposed to work.

Edit: Wait, scratch that. I can delete the NTFS one and then it lets me delete the extended one, and then it lets me resize OS... is that the best way to go about it? I already backed up the data from the part I'm deleting.

Edit again: It worked, thanks for the help man. :D

Surprisingly simple for an issue I've been putting off for like 6 months. :lol:

For the amount of time I sit in front of a computer, I really need to become more knowledgeable/proficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back