You will post in this OTT. Do you understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude temp, I never played borderlands until like 2 weeks ago when I bought it on a whim. Its by far one of the most pointless games I have ever played. I cant believe this game has such a cult following.....how many times can you kill Jason Voorhees?

I didnt get it at all, its one of 4 games in my entire xbox career I didnt finish.

Borderlands was fun if you got a group of 4 people. I'll be the first to say it's boring as shit online now because a level 50+ person joins every level 1 game it seems like.

I am going to make a nice Sunday Roast.

I got a turkey breast, red potatoes, carrots, peas, yorkshire pudding, and gravy. With leftovers I will make some hot browns.

I played Borderlands alone, but what bothered me most was the respawning enemies. What's the point of killing someone if they're just going to reappear again and again and again and again...

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I played Borderlands alone, but what bothered me most was the respawning enemies. What's the point of killing someone if they're just going to reappear again and again and again and again...[/QUOTE]

level grinding?

I also played it alone and the game just......is not really even a game. Non voice acted NPCs (what is this 1990?) there are only like 7 different enemies (seriously.....is it 1990?) a completely non-nonsensical plot...very boring levels and the worst part is the "KABILLZON of guns" is actually 4 guns with different names and colors.

I dont want to bag on it because clearly people like the game...although I am confused how it could be so horrid by yourself but so great with friends.

I even finished Turning Point The Fall of Liberty which is widely regarded as one of the worst games of all time but borderlands....ugh.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I was excited because I thought The Killing was coming back tonight, but it turns out it's next Sunday. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Excited to be strung along another season with no resolutions?

I'm going to watch Game of Thrones instead this season.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I also played it alone and the game just......is not really even a game. Non voice acted NPCs (what is this 1990?) there are only like 7 different enemies (seriously.....is it 1990?) a completely non-nonsensical plot...very boring levels and the worst part is the "KABILLZON of guns" is actually 4 guns with different names and colors.

I dont want to bag on it because clearly people like the game...although I am confused how it could be so horrid by yourself but so great with friends[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I can describe it, but I was the same way originally. Trying it by myself, and not caring for it for whatever reason. There's actually a thread over in the 360 forum with Borderlands playgroups and I figured I'd give the game another try. Even with just one other person, the game is better. Even if half of it is just because we're shooting the shit talking about how awful we are at the game.

Week off from work. Now back to the grind and the petty bickering.

Marvel Super Hero Squad wasn't the "mindless, silly" fun I was expecting it to be, so off into the Goozex whirlwind it goes. Think I'll start up Yakuza 4 tonight. I've been wanting to see what it's like.

I had a 9:30 appointment at the dentist, got there at 9:20 and didn't get called back until 9:45. I walked back and they said, "Your last visit was in early December, so we're not sure why you were scheduled for today." -- "So can I charge you guys a $35 fee for missing my appointment?" Thankfully I didn't have to take the day off for that shit.

[quote name='JStryke']I hear the strip bars are good.[/QUOTE]

Hostess clubs.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Anyone else see the diapers ad at the top of cag? Is that baby posessed? bending over like that can't be good for spinal development.[/QUOTE]

Ads on CAG? :shock:

There is a Huggies ad on my kindle lately that's creepy as fuck though.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am at the DMV, I am number 50 they are in number 24. Son I a bitch.[/QUOTE]

You probably shouldn't tell your son that you're a bitch.

My girlfriend just drug me to what was supposed to be a quick meeting of volunteers for the museum of art. It turned out to be a 2 hour meeting between 6 women shouting over one another about how to get PR for their new organization. They got nothing done and I would have loved to punch half of them in the face. What an awesome day off.

Got bored reading the word museum, can't imagine 2 hours there.

On a sidenote, hello OTT, I assume you will welcome me back with open arms after taking a bit of time off CAG?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Watcha at the DMV for?[/QUOTE]

Crazy late but today was my 27th birthday so I had to go renew everything. Also temp I just got my first apple product in this iPhone and the god damn auto correct is the worst ever. That's why my grammar is worse than it was.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Anyone got anything extremely positive or negative to say about a JVC LT22DE72 (22" LED TV)?[/QUOTE]

It has too many letters and numbers.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Anyone got anything extremely positive or negative to say about a JVC LT22DE72 (22" LED TV)?[/QUOTE]

JVC...I stopped reading right there. They haven't made anything of quality since the camcorder I had to hook up to my Betamax with a 6 foot cable in order to film.

Was a great camera though.

[quote name='Number83']JVC...I stopped reading right there. They haven't made anything of quality since the camcorder I had to hook up to my Betamax with a 6 foot cable in order to film.

Was a great camera though.[/QUOTE]

The TV is not for me.

I think she wants to know if it's at least decent enough to hook a coax cable and a Wii up to for her new apartment/bedroom. If there's better for $220, she'd like suggestions.

[quote name='Number83']This one is a LCD TV/DVD combo if you wanted something extra for less monies ($179):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/RCA+-+22%26%2334%3B+Class+/+1080p+/+60Hz+/+LCD+HDTV+DVD+Combo/2877134.p?id=1218359084920&skuId=2877134

Only thing I dont like is the 60HZ refresh rate...if it were me, I'd see the motion blur/shadows.

Without the DVD is this Westy ($149) (I think you had success with that, no?)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Westing...HDTV/3836863.p?id=1218435155969&skuId=3836863[/QUOTE]

No, Westinghouse is now bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I believe my TV died just after 4 years (on Christmas morning), they no longer make the parts necessary for repair.

The JVC in question is also a dvd combo, I think.

Thats not true, JVC makes some very good to excellent pro level video cameras. I use a JVC 700 gy-hm700 all the time and its the bees knees.

She might as well get the 22" since she is just going to play wii and watch sd cable. Any TV is good enough for that at that size.

Finished The Hunger Games yesterday. First book I casually read since college.

Settlement on Friday. Goodbye, stink-hole apartment.

Someone I know in da real thinks facebook is for bitching about things.

I have to say, I lol'd pretty hard at this post:

Can already tell today is gonna suck. Forgot my coffee cup in my house, so I went to get it. Tore a button off my shirt, so I changed. Then I puked twice on the way to the van.

(Hint: He didn't post this to be funny.)

One of my friends recently posted on FB a long winded story about how girls should look more towards the Hunger Games lead character than the girl from Twilight. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah. I responded with "It's just a movie." and all of his friends jumped on me about how pop-culture gives the youth direction (in so many words). Someone said to him, "I always love how philosophical your posts are!!! :D"

Dude, I read the books and just got back from seeing the movie.

You know how we always complain about book adaptions not drawing enough from the source material.....well I wont complain about that anymore. The hunger games is god fucking awful and is barely even a "movie." Its quite literally just a bunch of scenes from the book in order. If you didnt read the book you would have no damn clue what is going on and why the things they are showing are important in anyway. They dont explain anything at all they dont even try to develop any of the actors or relationships that make them important to the book.

Its the ultimate fan service. I went with a friend who didnt read the books and although she said it was decent and overall understood the jist of it she was confused as hell about why they were showing things.

The books are no where near as dark as Battle Royal but its decently gruesome. It would be a rated R book but the movie is PG 13 for as much cash grabbing as possible. It basically turns it into a campy version where the games themselves dont even seem dangerous. Its so watered down for PG 13 kids and their parents that it cant get the same point across that the book was trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back