You will post in this OTT. Do you understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Soodmeg']What is the deal with these Mio tv ads. I cant wrap my head around what they are trying to achieve with them.[/QUOTE]

Trying to appeal to drug users.

[quote name='Brak']Even though I want George Lucas to die and rot in Hell, I want that Star Wars 360 so bad it hurts.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but then yer stuck with a copy of Kinect Star Wars temporarily sullying you abode.

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='Maklershed']Yeah that R2D2 Xblocks is pretty cool. I wonder if tweets and chirps like R2.[/QUOTE]

I do beleive it does when you press the Eject button.

I think that Star Wars Kinect dance part of the game looks funny. I love the moves and their names. "Trash Compactor". LOL! I guess I don't take Star Wars too seriously any more, and so I kind of appreciate that the game devs have a sense of humor here too. Mind you, the game could suck, but I'm going to rent it and find out. Plus I like Dance Central. I'll dance with Han. Sure. ;)

Metacritic isn't being kind to it, but I'm still going to give it a rental. I think there's a lot of pre-release rage over the game that could possibly, maybe, slight chance, be affecting the reviews. ;) Ok, so not too likely, but I'll still give it a shot. There are a couple good reviews, but mostly mediocre. Eastx, here, does seem to have liked it, though.

I really liked Shadows of the Damned. Would've gone for 1000 but it's one of those games that have easy, medium, and hard achievements but don't give you the lower difficulty ones when you beat the game on a harder difficulty. Bastards.

[quote name='Rocko']I really liked Shadows of the Damned. Would've gone for 1000 but it's one of those games that have easy, medium, and hard achievements but don't give you the lower difficulty ones when you beat the game on a harder difficulty. Bastards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did that on the PS3 version.
It made me hate the game.
If you liked it and sold it for enough to cover what you paid, give or take, it's a win.

[quote name='munch']Totally awesome that PS3 is getting amazon instant video. I wish xbox would get it, too.[/QUOTE]

Too bad my uncle Munch is the only one in my amazon family that gets videos on demand. :(

Yes and no, Rocko...That's one way to do it, but most of the fun is stealth action. But run and gun is certainly a viable option.

[quote name='Number83']Yes and no, Rocko...That's one way to do it, but most of the fun is stealth action. But run and gun is certainly a viable option.[/QUOTE]

What? For you maybe.
Granted, I did it stealth and had a blast, but if you don't like MGS or other stealth games, why fucking bother -- the guns are pretty cool and from what I used of them, seemed fun. Someday I'm going to go through guns blazing. :lol:

[quote name='Eviltude']I thought you were contemplating giving up gaming, Rocko.[/QUOTE]
Did I say that? I have considered it at one time or another. I barely touched my 360 last year and over the summer... I didn't game much for a while, but I bought a PS3 on Black Friday and that got me back into console gaming.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What? For you maybe.
Granted, I did it stealth and had a blast, but if you don't like MGS or other stealth games, why fucking bother -- the guns are pretty cool and from what I used of them, seemed fun. Someday I'm going to go through guns blazing. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just wasn't sure if it made the game more difficult later since it was supposed to be stealth based. I started it a while ago but only played like an hour and a half.

I started Arkham City now, just beat the first boss. Just as great as the first, so far.

[quote name='Rocko']Did I say that? I have considered it at one time or another. I barely touched my 360 last year and over the summer... I didn't game much for a while, but I bought a PS3 on Black Friday and that got me back into console gaming.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if it made the game more difficult later since it was supposed to be stealth based. I started it a while ago but only played like an hour and a half.

I started Arkham City now, just beat the first boss. Just as great as the first, so far.[/QUOTE]

Stealth based makes it harder.
You'll end up with a lack of weapons and weapon skills and you can't stealth the bosses. Run and gun should actually make it easier. Playing it on hard without killing anyone? That was difficult at times.

I don't even know when Easter is this year.

Waitaminute, Prime Streaming has Spongebob! Hooray!

Last edited by a moderator:
With the wife starting work back tomorrow and spring break still on I'll be getting no sleep until saturday. Up at 7-7:30 am with kids. Home from work at midnight.

If this wasnt spring break and I could get some sleep after sending them off to school I wouldnt mind....

Have to work on Easter too, which will make going to any egg hunts a pretty tight fit.

Every day is a Sunday for me. I have seemingly endless amounts of boring free time. Somehow I've stayed off of the message boards. I've been job hunting, but only for like an hour a day, but that doesn't include meetings with counselors, driving to interviews, and research. I had an interview lined up for Thurs., but they cancelled on me, citing that they hired someone who used to work there.

I just can't stand filling out applications, searching, and sending resumes out for hours. They say you should work at it for 8 hours, but I don't see it.

How long do you unemployed CAGs spend each day looking for work and where have you had the most luck?

I've had the most luck and gotten the most interviews through contract/temp places. They are much more picky than the late 90s/early 2000s. I remember during those times, you signed up, and got a job the next day. Not so anymore. Now you have to interview and send your resume and sign up online.

Tomorrow I'm going with my Dad to my house to do some yard work and work on the basement.

I like Arkham City a lot, but I have neither the patience nor the creative thought required for the Riddler trophies/riddles.

For the job hunt, I would normally put in a few hours a week doing online apps and such. Maybe spending one full day outside looking from place to place. Never had any luck and it's depressing as fuck. Last month my dad said he wanted me to find a better paying job by May, and I've done very little looking admittedly. Haven't had all that much time with work and other activities, and considering my terrible luck, it's hard to even bother trying most days. Doesn't help that I can only ever find minimum wage half the time.

Maybe I'll go ahead and pose a question. I guess I probably would need a resume for most places, but does anybody have a clue as to where to look for clerical type places? Citywise, I have an idea where most might be, but I mean as far as online, like what websites might be good.

[quote name='JStryke']For the job hunt, I would normally put in a few hours a week doing online apps and such. Maybe spending one full day outside looking from place to place. Never had any luck and it's depressing as fuck. Last month my dad said he wanted me to find a better paying job by May, and I've done very little looking admittedly. Haven't had all that much time with work and other activities, and considering my terrible luck, it's hard to even bother trying most days. Doesn't help that I can only ever find minimum wage half the time.

Maybe I'll go ahead and pose a question. I guess I probably would need a resume for most places, but does anybody have a clue as to where to look for clerical type places? Citywise, I have an idea where most might be, but I mean as far as online, like what websites might be good.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I admit I spend maybe 2-3 hours a week sending online apps and sending out resumes. That's about all you can do looking for jobs nowadays, since if you show up in person, they refer you to sign up online anyway.

For clerical jobs, try temporary places and your state's workforce center. Temporary jobs are good for entry-level stuff.

[quote name='Rocko']I like Arkham City a lot, but I have neither the patience nor the creative thought required for the Riddler trophies/riddles.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can just beat up informants to find out exactly where they are.

[quote name='2DMention']Yea, I admit I spend maybe 2-3 hours a week sending online apps and sending out resumes. That's about all you can do looking for jobs nowadays, since if you show up in person, they refer you to sign up online anyway.

For clerical jobs, try temporary places and your state's workforce center. Temporary jobs are good for entry-level stuff.[/QUOTE]

The only problem I have with tempwork is, even if it is a good start, as shitty as my job is right now, at least it's stable. And everytime I've tried going through Aerotek in the past, they would always want to put me in warehouse type jobs. Did that one time, never again.

[quote name='Rocko']I like Arkham City a lot, but I have neither the patience nor the creative thought required for the Riddler trophies/riddles.[/QUOTE]

I got them all in arkham asylum. I didn't give a shit in city.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Well, you can just beat up informants to find out exactly where they are.[/QUOTE]

I know, even then! I mean some are pretty simple but if I have to stand around for more than a minute I get uninterested.

Which is unfortunate because it seems you need to get Riddler stuff to unlock the Riddler hostage side missions, and I wanted to do all of the side missions...

[quote name='Rocko']I know, even then! I mean some are pretty simple but if I have to stand around for more than a minute I get uninterested.

Which is unfortunate because it seems you need to get Riddler stuff to unlock the Riddler hostage side missions, and I wanted to do all of the side missions...[/QUOTE]

Yea, if you have Catwoman you need 400/440. If you don't you need all 400. At this point I've fucking memorized those shits so I just get them as I play the game.

But yea, you are also correct in that the only way to complete all the side missions to to get all (or nearly all) Riddler trophies to unlock his rooms.

I do have Catwoman. That is annoying as fuck... but I might end up looking up the ones I can't get or something if I'm desperate. Sigh.

Catwoman does make it easier since you can skip up to 40 pain in the ass ones (since her 40 extra count towards 400). Hers are pretty easy too since it's only 5 per area.

[quote name='JStryke']The only problem I have with tempwork is, even if it is a good start, as shitty as my job is right now, at least it's stable. And everytime I've tried going through Aerotek in the past, they would always want to put me in warehouse type jobs. Did that one time, never again.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it sucks that most of them aren't stable, only a week to months, but if you stick with them, they will eventually find something temp to hire.

Right now I'm up for taking just about anything. I'd like to work a warehouse job into a purchasing position, eventually.

If only I had a gaming laptop. Then I could play Arkham City in class instead of posting about playing Arkham City in class. :c

The original Fallout's free on GOG.com for the next two days. They also seem to offer six other games for free (Beneath a Steel Sky, Dragonsphere, Lure of the Temptress, Teen Agent, Treasure Adventure Game, Tyrian 2000, and Ultima IV) for signing up for an account.

Pitchers duel in Pittsburgh...Why do I get the feeling that 90% of the games the Phillies will play this year will be like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back