You will post in this OTT. Do you understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JStryke']Even though my room is too small to do motion games, it is getting tempting to buy it even if only for the voice commands.[/QUOTE]

Only problem with the voice commands, is it either doesnt pick everything up correctly so you have to repeat it or, as in Mass Effect 3, picks up the dialogue from background conversations in the game and sometimes registers that as my choice if I am in a dialogue. One time it picked up a Renegade choice for me, which ruined my cheese.

[quote name='Number83']Only problem with the voice commands, is it either doesnt pick everything up correctly so you have to repeat it or, as in Mass Effect 3, picks up the dialogue from background conversations in the game and sometimes registers that as my choice if I am in a dialogue. One time it picked up a Renegade choice for me, which ruined my cheese.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain there isn't an achievement for all paragon/renegade choices. Unless...
it messed up your war assets or something.

[quote name='JStryke']I'm fairly certain there isn't an achievement for all paragon/renegade choices. Unless...
it messed up your war assets or something.
[/QUOTE]

I think that I read somewhere that if you chose one renegade option, you didn't get the Paragon option for saving Anderson at the end.

Could be my old age though.

What annoys me with the Kinect voice thing for ME3 and now Elder Scrolls is that it used to work with the headset back on the OG Xbox (Rainbow Six). But now you have to buy a big external device for it to work. Why not just let it happen through the headset again?

They said some BS about algorithms built into the Kinect device itself that has the capability of processing the voice commans, so that the game doesn't even have to have voice shit built into it. Which is why I guess Skyrim is going to be able to get this update, post-release.

[quote name='Number83']
I think that I read somewhere that if you chose one renegade option, you didn't get the Paragon option for saving Anderson at the end.

Could be my old age though.[/QUOTE]

Not true. My Rep is about 90% Paragon and 10% Renegade and I was able to accomplish that.

Is that even an achievement? I don't remember that one.

Went to yet another temp place to fill out an application and give them my IDs. They have something they think would fit me, but they will give my resume to the company who might set me up for an interview.

[quote name='2DMention']Went to yet another temp place to fill out an application and give them my IDs. They have something they think would fit me, but they will give my resume to the company who might set me up for an interview.[/QUOTE]

Took my wife all of 3 weeks to find a job(s). granted, they were both on call, but that's all she wanted.

Having a nursing degree helps too.

[quote name='eldergamer']Took my wife all of 3 weeks to find a job(s). granted, they were both on call, but that's all she wanted.

Having a nursing degree helps too.[/QUOTE]

Nurses are in demand; purchasers and warehouse aren't apparently.

I have to work 10 hours of overtime in the next 3 days. This isn't terrible until you factor in how fucking boring it is. 10 hours is an eternity.

Tomorrow is going to be weird. I'll have my first cashier shift since half a year ago. Hopefully they won't expect too much out of me like they do all the other times I work.

Today, they wanted me to zone 1/3 of the store along with my normal duties of carts and everything else I do. And we had nobody at guest service when I got there, so I was there for about an hour and a half, so I couldn't have even started the zone until close to 8pm or so when I was caught up with my other duties. Luckily, softlines was decent so they sent him to A&B and had the A&B guy instead do C&D which got me off the hook for that. Good thing too since I know the LOD tonight would have given me hell like she did the other night for not starting the zone until late. I can't help it that I do the job of 3 people half the fucking time.

Felt like shit most of the day actually, but our fitting room girl had to leave early for a family emergency (her son was threatening her daughter with a butcher knife) and our market guy got sick. Funny how shortly after that (we had maybe 3 people left on the entire sales floor left at that point), I felt better. Maybe I was feeding off everybody else's misery. Of course, didn't last long since at the end of the night, the LOD once again got on my case. This time about not having moved the child carts out of the way so she could lock the front doors. For one, I just finished reshop not that long ago, and when I was getting the last few carts outside, I was also helping a guest who apparently lost their car keys. She had the guts to say "oh, the other cart attendant remembers to move these out of the way for me". OH...I almost lost my shit at that point. It's not that I forgot, I just didn't have a chance to get around to it. I'm just lucky the STL didn't close with this particular LOD tonight like she normally does. Could have made the night that much worse like she normally does.

It's no wonder most the cart attendants don't like her though since we get shit on so hard. We practically do everything but the kitchen sink, but if we were trained in cafe (none of us are), they'd probably have us do that too. I will be so happy when she goes on maternity leave soon. Granted, I'll still have to put up with the STL those nights, but meh, she's a pushover at least.

Also will be glad that after tomorrow (well, today I guess, but meh), I'll have a three day weekend. Granted, I had to request it off for my birthday, but whatever. This should be a happy time, but I'm just stressed. Between my job sucking, and my dad wanting me to find a new job by May (hahahahahahahhahahahha), I'm stressed to hell and back and could strangle somebody.

[quote name='zewone']Not true. My Rep is about 90% Paragon and 10% Renegade and I was able to accomplish that.

Is that even an achievement? I don't remember that one.[/QUOTE]

I was mistaken about the cheese...Today's public service announcement: Don't get old, people! Wonder what game I'm thinking about then...:whistle2:s

However,
I read that you could convince the Illusive Man to kill himself if you had 100% Paragon, but I was never given that option. I've also read you have to select all the blue options in your dealings with him, and I've certainly done that. Wonder where I messed up then.

[quote name='Rocko']Has anyone seen Primer? I just got around to it, I really liked it.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's a brain trip but I enjoyed it.

[quote name='JStryke']Tomorrow is going to be weird. I'll have my first cashier shift since half a year ago. Hopefully they won't expect too much out of me like they do all the other times I work.

Today, they wanted me to zone 1/3 of the store along with my normal duties of carts and everything else I do. And we had nobody at guest service when I got there, so I was there for about an hour and a half, so I couldn't have even started the zone until close to 8pm or so when I was caught up with my other duties. Luckily, softlines was decent so they sent him to A&B and had the A&B guy instead do C&D which got me off the hook for that. Good thing too since I know the LOD tonight would have given me hell like she did the other night for not starting the zone until late. I can't help it that I do the job of 3 people half the fucking time.

Felt like shit most of the day actually, but our fitting room girl had to leave early for a family emergency (her son was threatening her daughter with a butcher knife) and our market guy got sick. Funny how shortly after that (we had maybe 3 people left on the entire sales floor left at that point), I felt better. Maybe I was feeding off everybody else's misery. Of course, didn't last long since at the end of the night, the LOD once again got on my case. This time about not having moved the child carts out of the way so she could lock the front doors. For one, I just finished reshop not that long ago, and when I was getting the last few carts outside, I was also helping a guest who apparently lost their car keys. She had the guts to say "oh, the other cart attendant remembers to move these out of the way for me". OH...I almost lost my shit at that point. It's not that I forgot, I just didn't have a chance to get around to it. I'm just lucky the STL didn't close with this particular LOD tonight like she normally does. Could have made the night that much worse like she normally does.

It's no wonder most the cart attendants don't like her though since we get shit on so hard. We practically do everything but the kitchen sink, but if we were trained in cafe (none of us are), they'd probably have us do that too. I will be so happy when she goes on maternity leave soon. Granted, I'll still have to put up with the STL those nights, but meh, she's a pushover at least.

Also will be glad that after tomorrow (well, today I guess, but meh), I'll have a three day weekend. Granted, I had to request it off for my birthday, but whatever. This should be a happy time, but I'm just stressed. Between my job sucking, and my dad wanting me to find a new job by May (hahahahahahahhahahahha), I'm stressed to hell and back and could strangle somebody.[/QUOTE]

Get a blog.

[quote name='JStryke']Tomorrow is going to be weird. I'll have my first cashier shift since half a year ago. Hopefully they won't expect too much out of me like they do all the other times I work.

Also will be glad that after tomorrow (well, today I guess, but meh), I'll have a three day weekend. Granted, I had to request it off for my birthday, but whatever. This should be a happy time, but I'm just stressed. Between my job sucking, and my dad wanting me to find a new job by May (hahahahahahahhahahahha), I'm stressed to hell and back and could strangle somebody.[/QUOTE]

I noticed when I get rung up at Target, I see "Last 10 Scoring %" or something like that and they are always 'GGGGGGGGGG' and has a %...what does that mean, exactly?

[quote name='Number83']I was mistaken about the cheese...Today's public service announcement: Don't get old, people! Wonder what game I'm thinking about then...:whistle2:s

However,
I read that you could convince the Illusive Man to kill himself if you had 100% Paragon, but I was never given that option. I've also read you have to select all the blue options in your dealings with him, and I've certainly done that. Wonder where I messed up then.
[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I'm guessing 100% Paragon is the only way to get that option.

[quote name='munch']Get a blog.[/QUOTE]

I tried that once. Failed to keep up on it and said fuck it.

[quote name='Number83']I noticed when I get rung up at Target, I see "Last 10 Scoring %" or something like that and they are always 'GGGGGGGGGG' and has a %...what does that mean, exactly?[/QUOTE]

While I'm not entirely sure on the "time limit" exactly, basically it's this:

G = Good
Y = Mediocre
R = Bad

Cashiers only see the G and R, which for them is their speed when ringing out guests. Unless you're just terrible, you'll get mostly G which is "good speed". R tells you that you were slow on that transaction, although it doesn't really tell the whole story. Maybe the guest had large items and you needed to walk around to scan it. Or they bought a lot of clothes and didn't want any hangars (which can slow me down personally).

For %, it's basically your overall. So if you rung up 20, and had 5 Rs, your % would be 75%.

Of course, depending on the department, or what you're referring to, it means different things. Such as guest satisfaction, bathroom cleanliness, red card conversion, attachment plan rate, and there's a few related to the backroom and flow as well, though I'm not sure on what those are off hand. Plus I'm sure there's more I'm unaware of.

Sure I get those one offs, but meh. Too much hassle.

Plus, my life isn't really all that interesting enough to run a blog.

[quote name='JStryke']Sure I get those one offs, but meh. Too much hassle.

Plus, my life isn't really all that interesting enough to run a blog.[/QUOTE]

If it isn't interseting enough for a blog, it isn't interesting enough for a forum post.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If it isn't interseting enough for a blog, it isn't interesting enough for a forum post.[/QUOTE]
Sure it is. :razz:

My reasoning: People always complain about the OTT being too slow. I'm just doing my part to help speed it up.

Yeah, this OTT has been going on over two weeks now.

Leftovers for lunch, then off to work. Maybe more Sly when I get home if I can stay awake.

It's just another Friday :beer:
--
Radiohead concert on Wednesday was amazing.
2yo5u89.jpg

[quote name='DT778']It's just another Friday :beer:
--
Radiohead concert on Wednesday was amazing.
2yo5u89.jpg
[/QUOTE]

True. I will drink to that.

That was a nice looking setlist at that show. I can't wait to go to the June 5th show in Cincinnati.

How was the merchandise stand?

[quote name='flowery']It's weird that Friday the 13th isn't as big a deal as it use to be.

I hate nostalgia.[/QUOTE]
I remember when I was a kid that USA would have a marathon of the movies everytime it came about. I miss USA Up All Night

It was great. I was getting worried they weren't going to play Myxomatosis but luckily they played it during the first encore.

Merch stand was lackluster and expensive. I think you can see what they are selling on the radiohead waste website.

$40 shirts
$25-$40 fabric posters.
buttons, keychain.

Show opener was a half hour then Radiohead starts about 45 minutes after that. And they start without warning so be sure to be back in your seat.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I remember when I was a kid that USA would have a marathon of the movies everytime it came about. I miss USA Up All Night[/QUOTE]

Yeah USA always had great marathons. I always loved the movies they would show when school was out.

[quote name='DT778']It was great. I was getting worried they weren't going to play Myxomatosis but luckily they played it during the first encore.

Merch stand was lackluster and expensive. I think you can see what they are selling on the radiohead waste website.

$40 shirts
$25-$40 fabric posters.
buttons, keychain.

Show opener was a half hour then Radiohead starts about 45 minutes after that. And they start without warning so be sure to be back in your seat.[/QUOTE]

Damn that's fucked up and lame. I was hoping they would have something better than what they have on the waste store.

Caribou is the opener for mine. I will make sure I load up on beer before they (he) finish(es).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']JStryke is the new DarthPuma.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing since I'm pretty sure he was before my time.

[quote name='eldergamer']Yeah, this OTT has been going on over two weeks now.[/QUOTE]

We're starting week #3 today I believe. Granted, this is still one of the faster ones in recent memory probably.

Well, its now my birthday. And the first one in about 7 years that I'm probably gonna spend sober. May get a bottle of 151 and sneek in later on today lol

[quote name='munch']I got seven vaccination shots yesterday. I feel like shit right now. And I couldn't sleep.[/QUOTE]
7? Getting up to date to get your dog tags...?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']7? Getting up to date to get your dog tags...?[/QUOTE]

I'm going, rather hoping to go, to nigeria. I lost my shot records, so they have me all that I might need.

[quote name='Maklershed']Trying to find the Ark of the Covenant?[/QUOTE]

I got a letter saying that I needed to go there to meet a prince to collect my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back