Your cellphone sucks (CheapyD's new J-phone)

[quote name='badboysean']Bro, what store are those airsoft guns in? Thats not the TRU is it? Friggin sweet if they are.[/QUOTE]Yodobashi Camera, in Akihabara

[quote name='triforcer']sweet phone, is there an optical zoom on it?[/QUOTE]Yes, 2x.

Do all Japanese carry around unwieldy phones? I was sitting in the library one night and there was this girl talking into her phone in some asian language. The phone, unfolded, must have been larger than any wired landline receiver I've ever used. Folded up, it was thicker and longer than my GBA (not wider, tho). Just curious if that's the norm, or if people carry around the tiny phone I'm using with no bells or whistles.

sorry Cheapy, but I'd rather use my sleek black iPod to listen to my music and my sleek black Motorola RAZR to talk to people, than to use a phone that cant hold as much music and IMO, STILL DOESNT look as purdy as a RAZR, just because it manages to fit in a bunch of features with lower capabilities. Give me a phone that could have a chance at holding ALL my music and I'll give this kind of overdone convergence a chance. Till then, sorry, the Motorola RAZR (at least with the software hack that lets you take video) is mobile phone perfection.

I bought it for the 3 megapixel camera with optical zoom, not for the music capabilites.
How's that 1 megapixel camera in the Razor?
Your pockets must be pretty full with your camera, phone and iPod ;)

[quote name='ninyu']Love the phone, CheapyD.. how much did it cost.. me want one ^^[/QUOTE]Both mine and Mrs. Cheapy's phone were less than $100US combined.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Do all Japanese carry around unwieldy phones? I was sitting in the library one night and there was this girl talking into her phone in some asian language. The phone, unfolded, must have been larger than any wired landline receiver I've ever used. Folded up, it was thicker and longer than my GBA (not wider, tho). Just curious if that's the norm, or if people carry around the tiny phone I'm using with no bells or whistles.[/QUOTE]
No, most of their phones are really small. My phone is pretty big, likely because of the camera with optical zoom. They don't even sell SideKicks/Blackberrys/Palm phones, likely because they are considered too large.
Most Japanese seem to have very small phones that are probably a few years more advanced than the best phones sold in the USA.

those go for like 600-800 a pop in the states. mine is pretty nice, 2mp auto focus, 4x digital zoom.

my.php

from the se k750i

[quote name='CheapyD']The phones are very cheap when you get a plan.
Both mine and mrs cheapy's phone was less than $100 combined.[/QUOTE]

They just got these in by me. Free after rebate. Includes back brace. :D

169th%20Air%20support%20man%20400x.jpg

You know? You all don't have to wait, just buy unlocked online.

Panasonic VS2/7x series
Okwap 3/5xxx series
Nokia N9x series

Even the magenta or prototype RAZR, Verizon's new Audiovox, and some of the series 80 phones aren't that far behind.

But the models I listed above, in order of price, those are the real deal...1.3 - 2.2 megapixel cameras, HUGE 2 million color screens, memory card slots, top of the line speaker phones, data/web features that aren't even supported completely here yet.

alright Cheapy, guess ya got me, but I do have to ask, with a cameraphone and that kind of quality, can it hold a lot of pics? Does it have an option for expandable memory?

[quote name='SirCrisp']triband :D?[/QUOTE]Its 3G phone...whatever that means.

[quote name='gforce007']alright Cheapy, guess ya got me, but I do have to ask, with a cameraphone and that kind of quality, can it hold a lot of pics? Does it have an option for expandable memory?[/QUOTE]Yeah, it has a mini SD slot and came with a 64MB card. I think mini SD currently goes up to 512MB which cost about $90 US, if I am not mistaken.

I took some really nice pictures today...I'll post them on Monday.

USa has always been slower in term of Cellphones' technology. (yet we all say USA owns you all. Lol). I already started using cellphone when I was in the fifth grade in Singapore (long before I migrated here). At that time asia already adopted GSM and left AMPS technology behind. However, when I came here 12 years ago, people are still using those bigass AMPS phones. LOL.

[quote name='CheapyD']They linked to it when they originally ran the story...they seem to be using it a lot now.[/QUOTE]

Bastards!

And oh how i envy you Cheapy!

How's Vodafone? I heard mixed reviews so I opted for Docomo.

And by opted I mean some shady guy came to my town's Board of Education and pulled a bunch of phones out of his coat and motioned for me to pick one. :lol:

My phone is pretty cool and it has a 4 Megapixel camera, but ironically enough I can't play the newer games on it (FFVII: Before Crisis for example), even though it was one of the 3 newest models out at the time. Grr.

Cheapy do you know how much it would be for me to get that one hand phone? The one where you put one part of it on your pinky and the other on your thumb. Obviously the pinky is for speaking into and the thumb is for listening to. You key in the # on a pad you attach to your wrist which is part of your phone. I've heard they're non-GSM but I want one so bad because they're SO fashionable. Only other phone I saw I truly wanted with which to show off was the Samsung Matrix Reloaded phone.

[quote name='CheapyD']Check ebay...[/QUOTE]I tried it, but wasn't able to quite find anything. Does anyone here know a site where I can check out some phones, but is actually in English?

Hey XxFuRy2Xx I was looking for it too and I could not find anything , oh guys I also was checking out a spec site and uhh this seems weird to me too but here it is????

"Zoom: 2x optical zoom, max. approx. 50x digital zoom"

here is the link if you dont believe me

Review/Specs:

Code:
http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/vodafone_903sh_cell_phone.html

WOW now that is one pricey phone I should buy one and show off HA! even beats Razor phone and yes Razor phone is overdone here in canada too.

I know Japan is a few years ahead of the U.S. as far as cell phone technology, but I don't get why everyone is drooling and envious, you can get stuff that is not too far off from that now...I have an LG VX 8100 (free after contract and rebate with Verizon) and it has pretty much all the same stuff, aside from the camera not being quite as good (only 1.3 mpx). It is pretty cool to be able to put Simpsons episodes on your phone (or whatever) with the memory card.

It would work only if the phone have been unlocked.
If anyone want one you can PM me and we can talk from there.
I happen to have two of them.
I am selling a black one with everything that is suppose to come with it.

Kind of pisses me off how the American market is. We get crappy overpriced outdated equipment and Japan and Korea gets the goodies. Europe also gets the other end of the goodies since they have Nokia and former Siemens.

[quote name='BiLo']Kind of pisses me off how the American market is. We get crappy overpriced outdated equipment and Japan and Korea gets the goodies. Europe also gets the other end of the goodies since they have Nokia and former Siemens.[/quote]

Your right Nokia and Siemens are great phones, I know for fact my whole family in europe uses them....for god sakes they can pay their parking ticket with it...how lazy can you get????

bread's done
Back