Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='The Punisher']Ha. Had those turtle sheets.
U not worried about bugs and Bedbugs?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's a frog, trying to attract bugs. *points at his username*

[quote name='kingtut313']i can guarantee you that its not a woman friend.. NOBODY is ever getting any ass in that room[/QUOTE]

Haha, in fact that is my girlfriend sleeping. She digs the sheets as well (they are comfy). I do admit I need to organize it, but it is kinda hard to do when I can only keep my collection in this room, also those slanted walls (room in attic) are not conducive to taller shelves. Whenever I move out I will take pics of my rearrange collection and then you guys will see...yeah. haha.

Also bedbugs?? wtf I don't just grab random junk off the street. And if there were lazer eye cat would get them.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow... that's... I don't know if I'd call that a collection, it's more like a really nice mess.[/QUOTE]
This.

I'll get around to taking pics of my collection one of these days, not that it takes up more than a single book shelf, but it is rather disorganized and covered in various wires and other electronic goodies that need to be sorted.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow... that's... I don't know if I'd call that a collection, it's more like a really nice mess.[/QUOTE]
Well, in his defense, I don't think there's any rule saying that a collection has to be neat and organized.

[quote name='kermit036']
IMAG0213.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice, I just realized that you have Vampire Hunter down there at the bottom. I love that game; I just wish it wasn't so freakin' short. Every time I play, it's over in 15 minutes tops. Still a really cool idea, though. I don't ever see that game in stores...where'd you get yours? I got mine years ago for $5 when KB Toys was going out of business.

Hmm, I wonder if there's an active board game thread anywhere on CAG. It'd be nice to show off my collection sometime. I guess there's always BoardGameGeek, but I don't really care for their forums.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, in his defense, I don't think there's any rule saying that a collection has to be neat and organized.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't really mean that in a bad way but his collection of games and figures are neatly organized... it's just everything else is a complete mess.

You guys are way too tough on him. (of course I have a basement and 3 rooms filled with stuff, so I am biased). Just because it is messy doesn't mean it is infested.

[quote name='kermit036']Haha, in fact that is my girlfriend sleeping. She digs the sheets as well (they are comfy). I do admit I need to organize it, but it is kinda hard to do when I can only keep my collection in this room, also those slanted walls (room in attic) are not conducive to taller shelves. Whenever I move out I will take pics of my rearrange collection and then you guys will see...yeah. haha.

Also bedbugs?? wtf I don't just grab random junk off the street. And if there were lazer eye cat would get them.[/QUOTE]

I was going to guess that it was a GF, because guys rarely sleep on their stomachs, but I have had several girlfriends that have slept that way.

You guys should be admiring him. He has a mess and still pulls a GF. It reminds me of when my girlfriend would stand next to me as I played Killer Instinct at the arcade and hold my pop for me (since I would rarely lose and people would challenge me for hours on end). ahh memories.

[quote name='slowdive21']because guys rarely sleep on their stomachs[/QUOTE]

Shit, I've been doing it wrong. Better go buy a Harley to make up for my lack of manliness.

My room kind of used to look like that but I cleaned it up considerably since then. I have the slanted walls too so I feel your pain on those. I used to be REALLY bad about cleaning then sometimes during college I finally smartened up and started to clean, and sell things on ebay which really helped in getting all the clutter out of the house. Though to be fair about 75% of the stuff I had to clean to fix this place up was not mine, it belonged to other family members who left a mess and moved out and never came back to clean the mess. My closets are still very messy but there is not stuff all over the place I have my stuff in boxes or bags so it all stays contained and it is semi organized about the best I can get it. I can probably move everything out of a closet in like 20 min and put it all back in another 20. I like the sheets too but I have a full bed and do not have a twin bed so I am not able to have character sheets though at my age no one in my family would likely think having those types of sheets are appropriate.

[quote name='kermit036']Haha, in fact that is my girlfriend sleeping. She digs the sheets as well (they are comfy). I do admit I need to organize it, but it is kinda hard to do when I can only keep my collection in this room, also those slanted walls (room in attic) are not conducive to taller shelves. Whenever I move out I will take pics of my rearrange collection and then you guys will see...yeah. haha.

Also bedbugs?? wtf I don't just grab random junk off the street. And if there were lazer eye cat would get them.[/QUOTE]

Man, I don't understand why these guys are ragging on you; it's a welcome change not to see the usual UNPLAYED GAME MONOLITH of uniformity.

Another thing I see is that you have an encyclopedia set (actual reading going on :applause: ) and tons of board games--that stuff takes up serious room.

[quote name='salty tbone']Shit, I've been doing it wrong. Better go buy a Harley to make up for my lack of manliness.[/QUOTE]

I said "rarely", not "never". It has nothing to do with manliness, it is just an observation. Women tend to sleep on their sides, stomachs or halfway in between. Men tend to sleep on their sides or back.

[quote name='slowdive21']I said "rarely", not "never". It has nothing to do with manliness, it is just an observation. Women tend to sleep on their sides, stomachs or halfway in between. Men tend to sleep on their sides or back.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping on back = butt security
Sleeping on stomach = no butt security

I never would have thought my post would get this kind of reaction. I have to wear a flame retardant suit to look at some of these comments. haha. Thanks everyone else for the nicer remarks.

I know it is hard for some of you guys to believe, but there is such a creature called a girl gamer. FYI. They share some of our hobbies like playing video games and getting deals on them. I would even go as far as saying there are girl CAGs ;)

@ZombieToast - There should be a board game section! They are fun and the original gamer's game.

Anyway glad this thread was revitalized and to unite TMNT bedsheet owners everywhere. lol

[quote name='kermit036']

I know it is hard for some of you guys to believe, but there is such a creature called a girl gamer. FYI. They share some of our hobbies like playing video games and getting deals on them. I would even go as far as saying there are girl CAGs ;)
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know they exist. Last time I ran into one was in Minecraft, I got permabanned from the server for killing her in a PvP area. I swear I've never seen an Admin so angry over a few stacks of dirt. :lol:

[quote name='kermit036']I never would have thought my post would get this kind of reaction. I have to wear a flame retardant suit to look at some of these comments. haha. Thanks everyone else for the nicer remarks.

@ZombieToast - There should be a board game section! They are fun and the original gamer's game.

Anyway glad this thread was revitalized and to unite TMNT bedsheet owners everywhere. lol[/QUOTE]

I don't see why any other CAGs thought the negative comments were fully serious. We're more or less just ripping on you for fun. Yes, your room is a mess but it's like an awesome nostalgia cave. You could argue that my room is worse since there's almost no room to stretch and get comfy.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't see why any other CAGs thought the negative comments were fully serious. We're more or less just ripping on you for fun. Yes, your room is a mess but it's like an awesome nostalgia cave. You could argue that my room is worse since there's almost no room to stretch and get comfy. [/QUOTE]

He just doesn't visit this thread enough I guess.

Now he should feel welcomed.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't see why any other CAGs thought the negative comments were fully serious. We're more or less just ripping on you for fun. Yes, your room is a mess but it's like an awesome nostalgia cave. You could argue that my room is worse since there's almost no room to stretch and get comfy. [/QUOTE]

Vinny, you mind if I ask what amount of floor space you have going on? I'm in an 8.5 by 11 ft. with a half closet o_O

I know most of the comments were all in good fun. Also I have seen your room when you posted it. One of the reasons why I thought I should post my own cramped collection.

Anyway I'm tired of seeing my own room so let's see some other collections.:lol:

I guess it's just me but 99% of my stuff is in cabinets with closing doors and boxes in the attic. I display some of the rarer stuff and my PS1 longbox collection on top of my large cabinet. We have a pretty small apartment too.

the photos of that room just looked like a mess. If it was games, movies, dishes, clothes, stuffed animals, shoes, books, whatever in photos that looked like that, its a mess.

Is a messy living space something people should have to worry about being "tolerant" about? Either something is organized and clean, or it's messy and dirty looking.

I think i'll take some photos for this thread. I have been enjoying the deal discussion forum a lot lately.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Vinny, you mind if I ask what amount of floor space you have going on? I'm in an 8.5 by 11 ft. with a half closet o_O[/QUOTE]

Room is 10'x12'. Not sure what half-closet means though...?

I'm going to have to take a picture of my space sometime soon. I just need to clean it up a little first. The clutter's not too bad, but the dust is very unbecoming. Also, I need to move my GH drums so they're not blocking my games...and I'd like to find a way to display my older games that are tucked away in my son's room (that will have to be sometime later, though).

Hey, Vinny, where'd you get the little shelves that you use for your PS1/Dreamcast games? They're kinda neat and having something like that would look a heck of a lot better than a giant CD tower (or a drawer, which is what I currently use).

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']with a half closet o_O[/QUOTE]
Is the other half a polar bear?

[quote name='jer7583']the photos of that room just looked like a mess. If it was games, movies, dishes, clothes, stuffed animals, shoes, books, whatever in photos that looked like that, its a mess.

Is a messy living space something people should have to worry about being "tolerant" about? Either something is organized and clean, or it's messy and dirty looking.[/QUOTE]

To me, what bugs me the most are the left over cups and dishes.

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's collections! I've owned every gaming system with the exception of a NeoGeo and Jaguar over three decades. I never had a TON of stuff, but I'd say it was definitely more than your average gamer would collect.

Within the past 6 months, I've sold the majority of my video game systems and games. I dunno, just one day I realized I never play anything except the Xbox 360 and would rather use the money towards other things. Even sold my PS3 to a guy at work. All I've got left is an N64, Sega Saturn, Xbox, and an Xbox 360.

Maybe I'll get motivated and take a few pics this weekend. ;)

[quote name='elessar123']To me, what bugs me the most are the left over cups and dishes.[/QUOTE]

Where are they? I don't see dishes, and the cups are holding pens/paintbrushes.

[quote name='ZombieToast']
Hey, Vinny, where'd you get the little shelves that you use for your PS1/Dreamcast games? They're kinda neat and having something like that would look a heck of a lot better than a giant CD tower (or a drawer, which is what I currently use).
[/QUOTE]

I got them on eBay from a local auction house that lists stuff there. They were "new, damaged box" and I paid $22 (for both), and luckily I didn't have to pay the $80 shipping. The glass windows on one was broken but I replaced both with acrylic (the glass adds a lot of weight to the item) which cost another $18.

I don't know what the model is but I know they're Atlanic shelves.

I never noticed until now that you had boxed copies of Belmont's Revenge, Castlevania Legends, and Shantae. You bastard! :D

[quote name='Vinny']Room is 10'x12'. Not sure what half-closet means though...?[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I used to have an extra foot on each dimension...so wonderful *cough, ahem* Yes, a half-closet is the work of the devil; it amounts to the floor of the closet starting at one's waist because a staircase runs beneath. To say this causes storage problems is an understatement--I have my clothes on hangers on a wooden pole above my computer desk (which itself is between two bookshelves). A feat of engineering it was :D

[quote name='jer7583']Is a messy living space something people should have to worry about being "tolerant" about? Either something is organized and clean, or it's messy and dirty looking.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say there's a call for "tolerant" as in political correctness when it comes to messyness; but there is such a thing as people having a greater tolerance for certain living conditions. To me his area is doing fantastic since there's no stacks of newspapers or national geographics, no half-a-dozen trash bags filled with clothes and no disassembled engine block on the warhammer table. That would be a mess ;)

[quote name='fwbweux']I never noticed until now that you had boxed copies of Belmont's Revenge, Castlevania Legends, and Shantae. You bastard! :D[/QUOTE]

Funny you bring those up because I always thought those were my most valuable games. Turns out they're not, it's my boxed Mega Man III (one sold for $280 recently). Even the first two (non-PC versions) go for $50-70. I'm still kicking myself for passing on a lot of boxed NES/GB Mega Man games since the seller wanted $500 for it and I thought he was insane. Recently saw IV sell for $400+ and V sell for $500+. Even the NES games still command a formidable amount (thought they crashed due to the re-leases).

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Oh man, I used to have an extra foot on each dimension...so wonderful *cough, ahem* Yes, a half-closet is the work of the devil; it amounts to the floor of the closet starting at one's waist because a staircase runs beneath. To say this causes storage problems is an understatement--I have my clothes on hangers on a wooden pole above my computer desk (which itself is between two bookshelves). A feat of engineering it was :D
[/QUOTE]

Oh, we have one kinda like that in the basement... so that's what they're called. But you're not kidding, it's a completely useless. Ours has some old luggage in the area under the stairs, but the other half is like a walk in closet and is pretty nice.

[quote name='Vinny']Funny you bring those up because I always thought those were my most valuable games. Turns out they're not, it's my boxed Mega Man III (one sold for $280 recently). Even the first two (non-PC versions) go for $50-70. I'm still kicking myself for passing on a lot of boxed NES/GB Mega Man games since the seller wanted $500 for it and I thought he was insane. Recently saw IV sell for $400+ and V sell for $500+. Even the NES games still command a formidable amount (thought they crashed due to the re-leases).[/QUOTE]

That's.......unbelievable. Do you suspect that they're actually rare enough to justify the price or is it just Capcom inflation? Either way, that's incredibly shocking. Now I don't know whether I'm looking forward to or dreading getting into boxed GB collecting when the GBA collection is completed to satisfaction, hah. I would still take Belmont's Revenge and Castlevania Legends over the Mega Mans just because I'm such a big CV fan.

No matter what, kudos on such an amazing GB collection. No one has a selection of games for a single system that I'm more jealous of on CAG. I just have the Pokemon games because, well, that's all I played on the original GB as a kid, lol.

[quote name='fwbweux']That's.......unbelievable. Do you suspect that they're actually rare enough to justify the price or is it just Capcom inflation? Either way, that's incredibly shocking. Now I don't know whether I'm looking forward to or dreading getting into boxed GB collecting when the GBA collection is completed to satisfaction, hah. I would still take Belmont's Revenge and Castlevania Legends over the Mega Mans just because I'm such a big CV fan.

No matter what, kudos on such an amazing GB collection. No one has a selection of games for a single system that I'm more jealous of on CAG. I just have the Pokemon games because, well, that's all I played on the original GB as a kid, lol.[/QUOTE]

I think the Mega Man games are genuinely rare games and have the added benefit of a loyal Mega Man fans really helps the value. The first two received Player's Choice (Million Seller at the time) so they're not worth as much but the PC versions sell for significantly less than the original versions. Now, the complete copies of these games are very inconsistent but recently they've shown up more often so I expect these copies to sell for less.

Thanks for the kudos on the GB collection. It took a hell of a lot of work and there's still a handful of games I want to get.:)

I owned every one of those Mega Man GB games as a kid.. I think I even kept the boxes, until my mom went through "cleaning" the basement when I was at college.. :(

Man, I miss having a walk-in closet. The one in my old room was big enough for a queen-sized bed; you easily could've mistaken it for a small bedroom. Le sigh...

[quote name='Vinny']I got them on eBay from a local auction house that lists stuff there. They were "new, damaged box" and I paid $22 (for both), and luckily I didn't have to pay the $80 shipping. The glass windows on one was broken but I replaced both with acrylic (the glass adds a lot of weight to the item) which cost another $18.

I don't know what the model is but I know they're Atlanic shelves.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that's a start at least. I've been trying to think of a nice way to store my PS1, DC, and PC (and maybe handheld) games without using a drawer or tower, so hopefully I can find one of those 'cause it's the perfect size.

EDIT: I think I found a unit on Amazon, but it is damn expensive, so I'll have to keep looking around.

I was planning on taking some updated pictures of my collection tonight, but I keep thinking about maybe doing a video instead. What do people generally seem to prefer, lots of pictures or a narrated video?

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I was planning on taking some updated pictures of my collection tonight, but I keep thinking about maybe doing a video instead. What do people generally seem to prefer, lots of pictures or a narrated video?[/QUOTE]

If you do a video, I will have to hit you with a brick...

A BIG ONE!

single-brick.jpg

I wouldn't watch a video either...though if I ever get around to pulling my whole collection out, I'd certainly want to go that route myself! :lol: (I wouldn't though.)

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Faaaaaaaaaair enough. I also agree with the pictures over video, but I thought I was just in the minority.[/QUOTE]

Only videos I like are of PeteDorr

Alright, it's 2:15 and definitely not a work day tomorrow, perfect time to post some pictures. I apologize in advance for any formatting errors; I'll tweak it tomorrow to make it a bit more user friendly and not so scrolling heavy.

The majority of my collection, gaming PC and secondary systems in my bedroom.

DSC00151.jpg

All my current gen titles, blurays and random movies/series. I just recently got this DVD rack from Walmart for wicked cheap and I am so pleased with how it looks and how well it fits that wall.

DSC00156.jpg

My badass 6 year old 32" LCD and 5" Zenith Clock.

DSC00159.jpg

Some bigger CEs that don't fit easily on my shelves, framed lithograph and posters to make them look a little classy.

DSC00158.jpg

My main gaming setup and systems. I really wish I was a little more creative with hiding my wires and cords.

DSC00190.jpg

Easily, the favorite part of my collection for nostalgia's sake and their continually increasing value.

DSC00152.jpg

DS Games and some oversized CEs.

DSC00155.jpg

My Saturn game highlights.

DSC00178.jpg

PS1 Highlights, mix of valuable games and some of my favorites.

DSC00179.jpg

SNES game highlights, quite possibly my favorite sample of games that are all on one system.

DSC00188.jpg

Randomness.

DSC00180.jpg

PS2 Games:
DSC00160.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

NES/GBA/GB Games

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

Saturn Games:

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

PSP Games

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

Gamecube Games:

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just used my phone camera so they probably don't look too great.
All photos are contained within this one spoiler, so big stack of images incoming.

I got the two large cabinets for free from my work when they were going out of business. Same deal with the computer desk.

The tall cabinet used to be the vice president's in his office, lol. They said we could take whatever we liked as long as it was before the auctioneers got there and it wasn't excessive. Mine might have been excessive.

This is my main gaming setup. Laptop and xbox hooked up to an Asus VH236H (i think that's the model number) for low lag gaming.
WP_000236.jpg

I have a small shelf nearby for holding PC games and the 360 games I'm playing recently.
WP_000231.jpg

WP_000232.jpg

WP_000235.jpg

I keep my arcade sticks, controllers, and other cables in a small storage unit near the desk.
WP_000237.jpg

So glad I bought one of these when they first showed up and were legit from sega and cheap. Now every version of them for sale on ebay is a cheap chinese knockoff that breaks quickly.
WP_000238.jpg

PS3/Wii setup in the living room, with controllers and other stuff in the shelf below. I have HBC with all my games on the portable hard drive there for the Wii. Very convenient, not having to ever mess with the discs.
WP_000239.jpg

Living room setup is a 42' plasma that I kind of hate because of how laggy it is, but for stuff that I don't take too seriously and single player games its okay. I have the kinect hooked up in here and will sometimes bring the 360 into the living room for it.
WP_000241.jpg

The other side of the TV with the smaller cabinet and receiver on top.
WP_000257.jpg

The far side of the room has the reciever on it and this cool PS1 analog flight stick.
WP_000242.jpg

Inside that second cabinet: lots of older systems and my xbox1 games.
WP_000243.jpg

WP_000244.jpg

WP_000245.jpg

On the other side of the room I have a small table with a regular CRT for older games and my giant awesome cabinet for storage of all my game discs/cases.
WP_000247.jpg

On top of the tall cabinet I have my longboxes displayed. Not even halfway there to a complete set yet!
WP_000248.jpg

I really like these shadowboxes for displaying the longboxes too - kind of pricey to do this for all of them, but I like it for certain box art that I think looks cool.
WP_000249.jpg

Inside the cabinet, it looks kind of like a mess, but when its not in use it looks nice.
WP_000251.jpg

WP_000280.jpg

WP_000282.jpg

WP_000283.jpg

WP_000284.jpg

WP_000285.jpg

WP_000286.jpg

WP_000287.jpg

The rest of my stuff is in boxes behind the couch or in the attic. I keep the cords/controllers for all my older systems in individual boxes. That way if I want to play N64, I bring out the box with the N64 stuff, etc. Works well, reduces clutter.

And here's a few photos of our rabbit, just cause he was in the living room when I was taking these.
WP_000276.jpg

WP_000290.jpg

WP_000292.jpg

WP_000274.jpg

very cool collections guys.

@tooshorty - your ps2 collection reminds me of some titles I have to eventually pick up. (There is always something else on that system) Is there a reason why you have a copy of Ar Tonelico 2 CE and then one regular edition? Also your PS1 highlights are not there =(

bread's done
Back