Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I posted earlier with my collection which is kind of strewn about my room. Just was looking at the Atlantic one people posted and came across this one. Anyone happen to use it before? Looks pretty good and it's really cheap for how much it holds.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atlanti...Gray/9735365.p?id=1218164358640&skuId=9735365[/QUOTE]

I bought that shelf for my girlfriend's paperback books and she loves it. It's neat because everything sticks out and it makes it look like there are no dividers or sides. Perfect for all paperback books or all DVD's. The shelves aren't adjustable and the top shelf is meant for only CD's, so it's good to have a Nintendo handheld game shelf up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RolePlayer']I bought that shelf for my girlfriend's paperback books and she loves it. It's neat because everything sticks out and it makes it look like there are no dividers or sides. Perfect for all paperback books or all DVD's. The shelves aren't adjustable and the top shelf is meant for only CD's, so it's good to have a Nintendo handheld game shelf up there.[/QUOTE]

Yea aesthetically I like it better that the other one mentioned for that reason. Only con really you would say then is that the shelves aren't adjustable? I suppose I'll keep it DVD only then so I don't waste space with CDs. Thanks for your input.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Yea aesthetically I like it better that the other one mentioned for that reason. Only con really you would say then is that the shelves aren't adjustable? I suppose I'll keep it DVD only then so I don't waste space with CDs. Thanks for your input.[/QUOTE]

Yep. They aren't adjustable. They don't include pegs/pegholes. When you put it together, there are designated slots for the shelves so they are mostly even til you get to the top which is smaller. The backing is has a carbon fiber look but it doesn't really matter if it's all covered up with stuff.

One other con is that Atlantic went with cheaper material with their newer shelves, so it isn't as sturdy.

Finally got off my lazy butt and snapped a few pics.

Full Set-up
picture.php

NES, Handhelds, PS1, Loose Carts
picture.php

Wii, Gamecube, PS3
picture.php

Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2
picture.php

SNES, N64, Sega
picture.php

DVD
picture.php

Consoles, TV
picture.php

@Tempius - Holy sh*t. Are those Delita and Ramza action figures?! If so very very nice and consider me jealous. :D Also where did you get the clam shells for your N64 carts? Mine are pissing me off to no end just floating around.

@Layd Dly - that is a very impressive wall of games especially compared to your minimalistic interior design choices. Like a scene from 2001:A Space Odyssey. " I'm sorry Dave you can't play Heavy Rain." haha

@Kermit036-I walked into a flea market one day and low and behold there were some FFT figures there. Bought all 5, got one double, and am missing Agrias :( They are on ebay if you must own them! I got the cases for my N64/SNES games at Mediashelving.com. I printed all the covers for them over at Thecoverproject.net. They do a awesome job!

@jms5118- That is alot of games! I would love to have the shelf in your first picture, but I am sure it is pricey!

Nice!!! I wish I could take a picture of mine but everything I have are now in binders. Anyway, great to see everyone's photos!

I have everything stuffed in boxes. I'm not a fan of displaying all my things. It basically says STEAL ME or BURN ME DOWN if anything unfortunate happens :\

Maybe that just me though... would love to unpack it all for show though

[quote name='nnthomas']I have everything stuffed in boxes. I'm not a fan of displaying all my things. It basically says STEAL ME or BURN ME DOWN if anything unfortunate happens :\

Maybe that just me though... would love to unpack it all for show though[/QUOTE]

I sorta feel this way in a sense. I have most of my games in media cabinets that close and lock. One reason is so the room doesnt look as cluttered as it does with thousands of games showing, the other obviously to keep hands off the merchandise. (especially little kids).

[quote name='nnthomas']I have everything stuffed in boxes. I'm not a fan of displaying all my things. It basically says STEAL ME or BURN ME DOWN if anything unfortunate happens :\

Maybe that just me though... would love to unpack it all for show though[/QUOTE]

so when your house is up in flames, you are really going to run and grab your gamebinder? and not your financial stuff?

[quote name='addicted2games']I sorta feel this way in a sense. I have most of my games in media cabinets that close and lock. One reason is so the room doesnt look as cluttered as it does with thousands of games showing, the other obviously to keep hands off the merchandise. (especially little kids).[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way and I'm looking into some kind of locking cabinets as well. I'd like to see a CAG set up of this sort if anyone has it.

Most of my important paperwork is in a fireproof safe. Although I'm pretty sure most of my other stuff would be ruined if there was a fire due to water damage--I have water sprinklers in my home. I guess at that point, that is what homeowner's insurance is for.

I just got many different cabinets over the years that close and lock. Of course, it was hard to find the same one when you ran out of room. So my game room has 7 cabinets from different manufacturers with only 3 from the same company. I wish they were all the same. I specifically have my game room under its own insurance that I added to my house insurance. Too much money invested.

Eventually I will get someone to come in and build a custom wall unit from floor to ceiling that takes the whole 14 ft wall to hold all my games and free up the other walls in the room.

My turn to add stuff!
P1010102.jpg

It's a little sideways, and you can't see all the systems, but gives a good idea what it looks like with the flash on

P1010107.jpg

Computer Setup
P1010100.jpg

My very dusty dual's

P1010101.jpg

The rarer video game cabinet

P1010099.jpg

Each pier also has their own lighting system (Still playing around with it)

P1010092.jpg

The left pier

P1010098.jpg

The right pier- Top shelf

P1010096.jpg

The top right shelf is the best lit up one, so here is its natural lighting

P1010093.jpg

Right pier- 2nd shelf

P1010095.jpg

Right pier- 3rd shelf

P1010097.jpg

And yes, there is a bar included in my setup :)

P1010058.jpg

Enjoy!

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Layd Dly like your setup, very clean and organized, nice!

I thought I had problems but it looks like lots of people have massive collections too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Costanza, Home Theater is still a work in progress but with a baby due any day now it hasnt been moving very fast. :bouncy:

[quote name='mrwogs2']Thought this might be a fun thread...

Shoot a photo (or a few) of your game collection [/QUOTE]
Lack of my knowledge! Tried to do it but failed. But anyway the idea is interesting.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[quote name='lmz00']I like that neon PS2 sign.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. It's one of my many spoils from working at Gamestop for 5 years. I also have an Xbox store sign and a Nintendo neon sign, but unfortunately the Nintendo sign got busted when I moved so it needs a new neon light tube. :(

[quote name='Sigma']Thanks. It's one of my many spoils from working at Gamestop for 5 years. I also have an Xbox store sign and a Nintendo neon sign, but unfortunately the Nintendo sign got busted when I moved so it needs a new neon light tube. :([/QUOTE]

Ha Ha how funny, I have the exact PS2 neon sign as well, got it when I worked at Game Crazy years ago. They were throwing it out so I asked if I could have it instead.

Thats the only reason to work at a GS. Free swag, employee discount, first choice of rare games that are traded in, etc. Everyone knows the pay is crap.

You know, every once and a while I'd think that my collection was completely out of control. Thankfully all of your pics make me realize the kinship we unknowingly have as we're clearly cut from the same cloth. Now I don't feel so bad (or the need to sell off anything lol).

[quote name='addicted2games']Thats the only reason to work at a GS. Free swag, employee discount, first choice of rare games that are traded in, etc. Everyone knows the pay is crap.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wonder if its worth it to pick up a part time job there, just for those reasons. I'd probably never leave with a paycheck though.

[quote name='rexflexall']Ha Ha how funny, I have the exact PS2 neon sign as well, got it when I worked at Game Crazy years ago. They were throwing it out so I asked if I could have it instead.[/QUOTE]

I'm so jealous of you two. After seeing those I jumped on ebay to grab one for my room. They are pretttty costly XD.

i will get flamed, but can somebody pm on how to add a picture to a post, i re did my man cave just to post a picture and i cant figure it out.

[quote name='camelking6969']i will get flamed, but can somebody pm on how to add a picture to a post, i re did my man cave just to post a picture and i cant figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Go to your User CP/pictures and albums and click "add album". Then, click "upload pictures". Once they're uploaded, click on the pic you want to post, and copy the "BB code" text. Paste it in your post, and you're done.

Toys are cool...though I wanna know what's the story on the Transformer with the giraffe arm.

PS2-PS3
100_3656.jpg

Gamecube-Wii-GBA-DS
100_3651.jpg

Saturn-Boxed SNES/NES
100_3652.jpg

My favorite system
100_3653.jpg

SNES games I'm playing (Sparkster)-NES Games-Misc
100_3654.jpg

Took a couple of shots of some of my complete SNES games, since I just (re) added a complete Chrono Trigger to the collection...thus I had to go and put it into storage with the rest of my good stuff. Eventually all my goodies will see the light of day. I've got another couple of bankers boxes full of cart only (including the rest of the RPGs on the system) and other complete SNES games (nothing else as noteworthy as these), but this is pretty much the highlights as far as my complete SNES games goes...

These are all CiB, and generally everything is near mint (my OCD compels me to determine which is the better cartridge, manual, box etc. when I get dupes, and keep the better copy for myself i.e. "upgrade" the collection LOL)...some shelf wear here and there on some of the boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']My games are nothing impressive, then again neither are my toys but I figure less people have seen the toys so I'll just post those.

[/QUOTE]

Is that the original Megazord, or the new one? I like the new one, but there are some things about it that irk me.

Definitely not as impressive as other people's collections, but I'll post for the hell of it :D

p_00709.jpg

p_00710.jpg

p_00711.jpg

p_00712.jpg

p_00713.jpg

p_00714.jpg

And my personal favorite, thanks to Handsome_Rakshas :lol:

p_00716.jpg

All the DVDs on my floor are in desperate need of shelving. I'm investing in a nice shelf soon.

Bah it's not about winning threads - it's about all of us getting all the games we want and sharing the experiences...besides some of the collections and set ups in this thread are simply mindblowing.. Vinny, Pookymeister, so many others...I just love checking out the collections, arrangements, setups.

bread's done
Back