Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='wiggyx']Man, McFarlane really did fall off :/

Were such cool toys, it's a shame :([/QUOTE]
I loved the Spawn series of McFarlane toys. The music series was a good one since it has Jerry Garcia in the initial lineup. The detail on the figures is what I loved about McFarlane toys. Hell they even got Jerrys missing middle finger on right hand.

I haven't seen what McFarlane has done recently. I take it they make all kinds of figures and throw their name on it?

[quote name='wiggyx']I haven't. Never been a fight stick guy, but I won't lie and say I haven't ever thought about it. Something about custom fight sticks is just so cooooool.

I think I just might. I have templates for the panels now and the rest isn't too bad at all. I was thinking I might do a group buy for a few. That way I could crank 'em out assembly line style ;)

@Zombie - So good to finally see your goodies!

@dodgeme - nice stuff! My house was like 90% covered in paneling when we moved in, including my current man cave/basement. I both love it for nostalgia's sake and hate it because, well, because it's wood paneling LOL! You ever plan on shelving the loose carts or are the drawers working out for ya?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to but don't really have the space where I am now for another shelve. I may get rid of the one I have the Xbox/PS3 games on right now and get two more like my Blu-Ray shelves but that is for down the road. For now the drawers are working ok.

[quote name='ZombieToast']
Thanks! Action figures were my first real collection (I collected games at the time but did not yet think of it as a collection). I don't know when I first started buying them (probably when I was 5), but I became serious about it back in 1994 when McFarlane entered the scene. I already had a bunch of Ninja Turtles and whatnot, but when I saw that first Spawn line, I knew they were something special. Not long after the commercials started airing, I was lucky enough to find all of the figures sealed at a yard sale for about $12 total. When I was 10, my estranged father took me to K-Mart, Walmart, and KB Toys and bought me every Ninja Turtle they had...which was pretty much the best birthday ever.

McFarlane toys were definitely my most sought-after for years, though. I don't collect them anymore (aside from a few scarce ones I missed) because of what has happened with both the man and the company, but I've bought hundreds of their products over the years. I also made a lot of friends in the process, including his brother-in-law and a few employees of the company. It as a good run, but now I mostly just collect cheap abstract toys like Mighty Muggs, Mez-Itz, and Funkeys (basically an older version of Skylanders). Unfortunately, these things don't do well in the market so they don't really get produced anymore. But it's just as well because it saves me money...and although my toy collection easily surpasses my game collection, 98% is boxed up and stored away because I simply don't have room to display most of it now that I have a kid. Someday... [/QUOTE]

I hear ya... I have 170-180 packaged TFs, mostly stuff from Robots in Disguise (the cartoon series, not from numerous RiD tags Hasbro plastered on pretty much everything) and Armada, in random boxes in my closet. Most of them aren't worth jack squat either... of course, the series after I quit collection ended up being rather valuable from what I've gathered.

I actually have a few that I have to find more room for and will probably end up sticking in the basement and hoping they don't get damaged due to condensation.

Zombie, judging by your pictures you may be the one to as about Pop vinyl figures. Do you know when their planned Mighty Morphin Power Ranger figures are supposed to be released? Iirc they were releasing a Red, White, and Pink ranger but I haven't seen the figures or heads much else about them.

[quote name='TheMightySlinky']shelf broke today...almost all of my collection came crashing down.[/QUOTE]
Ouch. I'm really worried about the shelf my consoles are on doing that, it's bowing way past what's acceptable.

[quote name='aptanor']Ouch. I'm really worried about the shelf my consoles are on doing that, it's bowing way past what's acceptable.[/QUOTE]

that would bother the hell outta me.

[quote name='TheMightySlinky']shelf broke today...almost all of my collection came crashing down.[/QUOTE]

i expected wiggy to be the one saying this

I hate to ask, but do you have pics? I kinda wanna see what happened... and learn from it.

I've overloaded all of my shelves but never feared they would break. Now, my bookcases full of guides though, I'm almost certain that's going to happen sooner or later.

[quote name='kayne2000']i expected wiggy to be the one saying this[/QUOTE]

Eh, his are solid wood, I'd assume. Less likely than say, Sauer.

[quote name='Bumslie']I loved the Spawn series of McFarlane toys. The music series was a good one since it has Jerry Garcia in the initial lineup. The detail on the figures is what I loved about McFarlane toys. Hell they even got Jerrys missing middle finger on right hand.

I haven't seen what McFarlane has done recently. I take it they make all kinds of figures and throw their name on it?[/QUOTE]
Oh no, it hasn't been like that in years. For a while, they were making everything, but their best sculptors left, Todd McFarlane kept making stupid and greedy decisions, and most people lost interest. They came out with some really shitty Walking Dead toys not too long ago, but now their toys consist mainly of sports and Halo. It's really sad.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Zombie, judging by your pictures you may be the one to as about Pop vinyl figures. Do you know when their planned Mighty Morphin Power Ranger figures are supposed to be released? Iirc they were releasing a Red, White, and Pink ranger but I haven't seen the figures or heads much else about them.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I couldn't tell you the first thing about them, unfortunately. I never got into those toys because the faces bug me and I think they're too pricey. I think the only Funko products I have are Scribblenauts toys. I can try looking into for you, though, if you want. One of my buddies might know something. It'll just have to wait a bit because I'm limited to my phone right now and it's hard to communicate effectively.

I know everything looks a mess, but I'm just out of room.

img1300mk.jpg
img1299ty.jpg
img1298ro.jpg
img1297m.jpg
img1296uu.jpg
img1294c.jpg

[quote name='ghostsong']I know everything looks a mess, but I'm just out of room.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's messy at all, I think it looks fantastic. I'm super jealous of that Batman TAS complete series box set, too.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't think it's messy at all, I think it looks fantastic. I'm super jealous of that Batman TAS complete series box set, too.[/QUOTE]

That was actually my Christmas gift from my mother-in-law a few years ago if you can believe it.

[quote name='skiizim']I was tempted on picking up the LoTR Pez dispensers, at least I know you have good taste. :)[/QUOTE]

I actually have a huge LOTR figure collection in my attic. When my daughter was born I had to give up my extra room, so I only have enough room for the media. And barely even that as you can see.

Here's my collection:

Front View:
IMG_0632_zps745f2df0.jpg

IMG_0640_zpse282a63d.jpg

Side View:
IMG_0633_zps231a0ecb.jpg

Retro Games:
IMG_0634_zps7b4a3e2e.jpg

IMG_0635_zpsfda2b4e0.jpg

IMG_0641_zps24ca4e66.jpg

IMG_0642_zpsc9e315ed.jpg

Current Games:
IMG_0639_zpsfe93a457.jpg

IMG_0638_zps42f0b384.jpg

IMG_0636_zps3fcacf5d.jpg

IMG_0637_zps6706a72f.jpg

IMG_0643_zps9125bf31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one sexy room. Do you have those stacked brown shelves attached to the wall? I bought two of those with the intention of stacking them to the ceiling but I never thought to offset them like you have.

And don't hold out on us with that tease photo where we can see the chrome shelving and more systems!

[quote name='salty tbone']That's one sexy room. Do you have those stacked brown shelves attached to the wall? I bought two of those with the intention of stacking them to the ceiling but I never thought to offset them like you have.

And don't hold out on us with that tease photo where we can see the chrome shelving and more systems![/QUOTE]

Yes, both of the shelf is mounted on the wall just in case of a earthquake living in California and all. The reason I off set it because it seem more stable on top like that.

Good eye on the chrome shelf. That's where I play all my retro games and right now it's a big mess. When it's all cleaned up I will take a picture of it.

Wow bonkers, crazy nice collection! Yay - TG16!

What's the story with the secret lady speed stick? If there's some kind of gamer alchemy going on using female pit sticks we want to know about it;)

[quote name='yantelope']Also, good call on including the child to head off the "guy has no life" comments.[/QUOTE]

That would only be the most hypocritical thing to say on this forum and in THIS thread LOL

[quote name='wiggyx']That would only be the most hypocritical thing to say on this forum and in THIS thread LOL[/QUOTE]

True, my experience in similar threads is

guy has fewer games/gamerscore/rank etc = noob

guy has greater games/gamerscore/rank etc = you have no life

[quote name='bonkers1978']

Side View:
IMG_0633_zps231a0ecb.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I thought Squarehard was reckless, but this takes the cake.

Beautiful collection.

[quote name='yantelope']True, my experience in similar threads is

guy has fewer games/gamerscore/rank etc = noob

guy has greater games/gamerscore/rank etc = you have no life[/QUOTE]

It's teh insecuritiez and jealousee when people speak those words ;)

How do you like the X-Arcade stick? How does it compare to your Matcatz sticks?

I've been thinking about getting one since they're not too expensive and you can use the same stick for pretty much any system with their adapters.

Been a while, might as well update.

Grab the keys and head on in!
IMG_5666_zps7ccc73e4.jpg

Walking into the converted garage:

IMG_5663_zpscdb588b8.jpg

Flat Screen for PS3/Dreamcast and CRT for PS2/SNES

IMG_5667_zps8f0db34f.jpg
IMG_5677_zps4fecde51.jpg

SNES Games:

IMG_5670_zpsa1ac9fa8.jpg

IMG_5668_zps79e71060.jpg
IMG_5669_zps75f7e142.jpg
IMG_5671_zps7a1c4b8b.jpg

Tales From The Crypt Pinball/Double Donkey Kong:

IMG_5672_zps44d91b66.jpg
IMG_5678_zpsb17bd1ca.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wiggyx']It's teh insecuritiez and jealousee when people speak those words ;)[/QUOTE]

Jealously is from the guys with less games and gets teased by peoples collections.

insecurities is for the guys with tons of sealed games and games they know they will never be able to play.

Basically it's coming to the pint with video games where you have you're players and then members like on NA that deal with VGA and are mainly collectors. They will spend more time shopping and researching games then playing them.

[quote name='KillerRamen']How do you like the X-Arcade stick? How does it compare to your Matcatz sticks?

I've been thinking about getting one since they're not too expensive and you can use the same stick for pretty much any system with their adapters.[/QUOTE]

I'm really disappointed with the X-Arcade. It seem to lag on every fighting games, the only good games with are side scroll beat-em up and old school shooters. Yes there is adapters for pretty much any system except for the Xbox 360.

In my honest opinion the Mad Catz is a lot better stick.

[quote name='bonkers1978']I'm really disappointed with the X-Arcade. It seem to lag on every fighting games, the only good games with are side scroll beat-em up and old school shooters. Yes there is adapters for pretty much any system except for the Xbox 360.

In my honest opinion the Mad Catz is a lot better stick.[/QUOTE]

Aww... That's really too bad. It had such great potential too.

Cleaned up a little so I could take some pics. Not in the pics are my retro games and handheld consoles. Anyway here are the pics:

IMG_2321_zps415128b8.jpg

IMG_2322_zpsa69b07be.jpg

IMG_2323_zpscc445c2a.jpg

IMG_2324_zps87f99b70.jpg

IMG_2326_zpsc3e4c75f.jpg

IMG_2332_zpsfda2b334.jpg

IMG_2327_zps770e35a7.jpg

IMG_2328_zps9dd3092a.jpg

IMG_2329_zps74ea56d4.jpg

IMG_2331_zps59419338.jpg

IMG_2333_zps588b5dec.jpg

IMG_2334_zpsf586da78.jpg

IMG_2335_zps6f1c045c.jpg

After looking at the pics I really need to dust. Dog hair doesn't help with that either. Collections used to have more games but I traded in almost all of my 360 collection a few years back.

[quote name='cgxcswim']Cleaned up a little so I could take some pics. Not in the pics are my retro games and handheld consoles. Anyway here are the pics:
[/QUOTE]

Very nice! What kind of shelves are those that you have your PS3 (in the first 2 pics) and BDs in?

[quote name='Vinny']Very nice! What kind of shelves are those that you have your PS3 (in the first 2 pics) and BDs in?[/QUOTE]

They are those shelves that BB had on clearance a couple months ago. Can't remember the brand. I really like them and the glass doors are a nice feature.

[quote name='Ash Burton']Been a while, might as well update.

IMG_5669_zps75f7e142.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That Clock Tower UGC art has been eluding me; mind if I ask where you found it?

@ cloud, I actually had them custom framed. Expensive and stupid, but I could not find an alternative.

The Clock Tower art is @thecoverproject, you just have to look in the request forums as they haven't uploaded it yet.

bread's done
Back