Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='dodgeme']And who says I need a Turbobooster. Figured I'd be keeping this a while and I had some jacks left over from my Toploader NES AV mod that didn't go so well (wired the circuit incorrectly and fried the PPU but thats another story) so I tossed them into the Turbo-Grafx. Pretty happy with the result and the picture looks sooo much better.

a2lPK6v.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice work!

It's built!

Just gotta put the toe molding back on, cut the shelves (which will take all of 5 minutes with the miter saw), then slap the tabs on the brackets and load em up!

null_zpsb0114c63.jpg

Although I don't think that I bought enough material for the actual shelves. I'll prolly need to grab some more 1x6" tomorrow and cut a few more. But that's just a 5 minute job ;)

[quote name='Vinny']Da fuck? You did that in 4 hours? It takes me 4 hours just to put together a WalMart shelf...[/QUOTE]

im glad im not alone. well not really glad that there are others that are incapable as i am at building stuff but still misery loves company.

[quote name='Squarehard']wiggys got wood[/QUOTE]

LOL.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Wiggy.

I am going to attempt to build a game/dvd shelf. Any chance you can give me any insight on "how to"?[/QUOTE]

i c wut u did dere

[quote name='Vinny']Da fuck? You did that in 4 hours? It takes me 4 hours just to put together a WalMart shelf...[/QUOTE]

Yuppers!

Took about the first 2 Terminator movies to get the frame and whatnot all built, then I spent the 3rd movie cutting shelves and getting the mess sorted out and on the shelves (there were DVDs all over the house at this point).

[quote name='pimpinc333']Wiggy.

I am going to attempt to build a game/dvd shelf. Any chance you can give me any insight on "how to"?[/QUOTE]

For sure. Gotta shower, eat some food, spend time with wife and baby, then I'll be back!

null_zpsb8b75723.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']Yuppers!

Took about the first 2 Terminator movies to get the frame and whatnot all built, then I spent the 3rd movie cutting shelves and getting the mess sorted out and on the shelves (there were DVDs all over the house at this point).

For sure. Gotta shower, eat some food, spend time with wife and baby, then I'll be back!

null_zpsb8b75723.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks great, though personally I would have painted or stained the wood;)

Seriously though, you need a better camera. Gotta do them selves justice:cool:

Just a crappy phone pic for now. I'll snap some better pics of the whole mess ASAP, including shots of my games where you can ACTUALLY see what games I own :p

[quote name='wiggyx']Just a crappy phone pic for now. I'll snap some better pics of the whole mess ASAP, including shots of my games where you can ACTUALLY see what games I own :p[/QUOTE]

wouldnt it be easier to snap photos of games you dont own?

I got about 2 weeks left in work to do for my woodshop project. Its almost finished, just got to create a crown molding, touch up/ smooth out some spots on the cabinet, then BAM! My custom bookshelf (Video Game shelf!) will be complete!!!

[quote name='wiggyx']Har har!

Anyway, just because you guys insist ;)

null_zps5b236f2f.png
[/QUOTE]

$1.90 for Priority shipping? Wow, now that's a deal!

I know this thread is for gaming collections but I have to share this with people that will appreciate it....

My Bucking Bronco vigor is #8/300.
I may have to change the orientation of the red songbird pic...

[quote name='Bing147']You'll thank us later.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sure I will :)

[quote name='TKSJOHN']I got about 2 weeks left in work to do for my woodshop project. Its almost finished, just got to create a crown molding, touch up/ smooth out some spots on the cabinet, then BAM! My custom bookshelf (Video Game shelf!) will be complete!!![/QUOTE]

Oooooooh, do want to see!

[quote name='Vinny']$1.90 for Priority shipping? Wow, now that's a deal![/QUOTE]

IKR?! We'll see if that actually happens. Somehow I think it'll be coming via 1st class...

[quote name='dodgeme']And who says I need a Turbobooster. Figured I'd be keeping this a while and I had some jacks left over from my Toploader NES AV mod that didn't go so well (wired the circuit incorrectly and fried the PPU but thats another story) so I tossed them into the Turbo-Grafx. Pretty happy with the result and the picture looks sooo much better.
[/QUOTE]

Nice work on the mod. However, you still might want to get a Turbo Booster Plus as it has built in memory for game saves.

[quote name='wiggyx']Eventually I may end up with a complete set, minus sports and wrastlin' games. I refuse to have all that filler crap in my collection just for the sake of having it.[/QUOTE]
MLB Featuring Ken Griffey, Jr. is a genuinely good baseball game. This is coming from a guy who hates baseball and sports in general. And although I stopped liking wrestling years ago, I still think WWF War Zone and WWF Attitude are entertaining games.

Just sayin'.

I'm sure there are some decent sports titles. I like the Blitz and Jam series of games, but I'm not dying to get them, that's for sure. I HATE wrestling. Those just won't happen.

[quote name='ZombieToast']MLB Featuring Ken Griffey, Jr. is a genuinely good baseball game. This is coming from a guy who hates baseball and sports in general. And although I stopped liking wrestling years ago, I still think WWF War Zone and WWF Attitude are entertaining games.

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

I liked Mike Piazza's Strike Zone. That game let you edit EVERY player's name, attributes, etc. as well as the teams name, colors, etc.

I remember I sat there with a few of my friends for hours re-creating our little league team and playing a season with them. It was awesome.

[quote name='wiggyx']I'm sure there are some decent sports titles. I like the Blitz and Jam series of games, but I'm not dying to get them, that's for sure. I HATE wrestling. Those just won't happen.[/QUOTE]

blasphemy

[quote name='dodgeme']Damn wiggy your missing out on like the only wrestling titles worth owning. The n64 ones were just so good.[/QUOTE]

Were good? They're still a lot of fun to play, and not just for nostalgia.

[quote name='kayne2000']blasphemy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously Wigs. I remember the first time I played WCW vs NWO... that game was the shit. I loved playing as Lex Luger (or as I called him, "American Underwear"). I think my brother and I bought every single wrestling game after that. The disc based ones (PS1, PS2 and forward) were never as good though.

[quote name='wiggyx']Yuppers!

null_zpsb8b75723.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's brings tears to my eyes it is a beauty I wish I could make some of those for my anime and game collection.

Thanks!

Gents, I hate wresting. Didn't like it during 80's hulk-o-mania era, don't like it now. I don't care if those games rival Street Fighter 3 in terms of complexity, character balance, etc., I still wouldn't touch em. Absolutely not my cup of tea.

So while I had the miter saw out and about, I picked up some mess from the scrap pile to make this for the CCAG show at which I will be a vendor next month :)

null_zpsa7c8f4a2.jpg

Just gotta add a little lighting and voilà!

Hey Wigs, here's a question: if I have one of those cheapo fiberboard shelves, is it safe to drill holes in it for the pegs? Or would doing that destroy the shelves structural integrity?

These cheapo shelves never have even spacing (ie, they'll have 5 evenly spaced holes, then a large gap and then another 5 holes) and it's annoying to have such random spacing.

I don't think there's anything to worry about drilling some 1/4" holes for pegs. Just measure like 50 times first. Without a drill press it can be a bitch to get those holes exactly where you need them and you'll end up having to shim wobbly shelves.

I need to do the same with my entertainment center. It's got like 1 level of adjustment as it is right now, and the spacing is terrible. I feel your pain :(

Vinny, if you want to build your own with consistent spacing then get a piece of peg board and clamp it to the side boards. Then use that to draw your holes for the pegs. Just make sure the holes are level from front to back on the side board. Then they will be perfectly spaced.

After that, take your drill bit and put a piece of electrical tape about 1/4" (or however deep you want your holes) from the tip of the drill. Finally, when you drill you know you have reached the correct depth when you reach the tape.

Ideally you will have a piece of scrap wood to perfect your depth.

I'm currently building an entertainment center out of solid hickory. I have some drawings of the project. I have the cabinet the TV sits on built as well as the two outer towers. The towers have a back on them (not shown in the drawing photos) to prevent games/dvds from falling out.

entertainmentcenter.jpg

entertainmentcenter2.jpg

I hope to post pictures of the final project in a couple months filled with my collection and gaming setup. I currently have little free time to work on the project. What do you think Wiggy?

[quote name='wiggyx']I don't think there's anything to worry about drilling some 1/4" holes for pegs. Just measure like 50 times first. Without a drill press it can be a bitch to get those holes exactly where you need them and you'll end up having to shim wobbly shelves.

I need to do the same with my entertainment center. It's got like 1 level of adjustment as it is right now, and the spacing is terrible. I feel your pain :([/QUOTE]

Drill press? Oh. So this isn't a good idea?
0162.JPG

[quote name='Got_Wii']I'm currently building an entertainment center out of solid hickory. I have some drawings of the project. I have the cabinet the TV sits on built as well as the two outer towers. The towers have a back on them (not shown in the drawing photos) to prevent games/dvds from falling out.

I hope to post pictures of the final project in a couple months filled with my collection and gaming setup. I currently have little free time to work on the project. What do you think Wiggy?[/QUOTE]

DAYMN!! Now to see if you actually finish when you say you will or Squarehard has to make a comic about you...

[quote name='Vinny']

DAYMN!! Now to see if you actually finish when you say you will or Squarehard has to make a comic about you...[/QUOTE]

Haha, so the comic will be based on weeks (like 1-8...little progress being made) than a new picture each week until I post the finished setup. The wife and I are buying a house in a couple months so it will be a busy summer. I can't wait to have enough room to setup our entertainment area like in the pictures. Currently working on building the inner towers...it takes a little while though because I'm using wood biscuits to join everything together...have to wait for the glue to dry...:roll:

I'm not sure if this image will show, but here it goes. I will post better pictures later if it does. Love looking at everyone elses room.
gameroom.jpg
[/URL]

[quote name='Got_Wii']I'm currently building an entertainment center out of solid hickory. I have some drawings of the project. I have the cabinet the TV sits on built as well as the two outer towers. The towers have a back on them (not shown in the drawing photos) to prevent games/dvds from falling out.

entertainmentcenter.jpg

entertainmentcenter2.jpg

I hope to post pictures of the final project in a couple months filled with my collection and gaming setup. I currently have little free time to work on the project. What do you think Wiggy?[/QUOTE]

Looks great! I like the modularity of the whole setup. Gives you lots of wiggle room in terms of collection growth and ability to move/relocate if need be. Make sure to post progress pics ('cause if you don't, squarehard will start busting your balls :p ).

[quote name='Vinny']Drill press? Oh. So this isn't a good idea?
0162.JPG

DAYMN!! Now to see if you actually finish when you say you will or Squarehard has to make a comic about you...[/QUOTE]

That'll get the job done ;)

Also, the pegboard idea for spacing the drill points is great! Good thinking.

And just so I'm adding to the thread :)

null_zps75da7a1c.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What's up with the Pokemon Stadium case? The extra space is for the transfer pak, I'm guessing?[/QUOTE]

Yup. And I'm not sure about the US version, but the package for the original Pokémon Stadium (the one only released in Japan) is even bigger than that.

bread's done
Back