Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='Squarehard']It certainly is, but as long as I atone for it later with lots of anime purchases, it's fine. ;D[/QUOTE]

youll have to pull double duty

[quote name='Blade']Lol, sadly a lot of manga that I enjoy never gets made into anime. Greats like Dragon Head, Parasyte, Ikigami, and Maoh! aren't getting anime versions, as far as I know. Of course, this might change in the future. In general, I prefer manga, but two of my favorite series (One Piece and Cowboy Bebop) are better in anime format. One Piece anime slows down to 1 episode per chapter at Fishman Island Arc though...[/QUOTE]

well one thing that bugs me about anime is the constant no finishes.

i just watched corpse princess which was shockingly good. better than i expected but this is probably an extreme example....there is absolutely no ending at all it literally ends in the middle of fight lol and the next episode is a backstory to two characters that died 15 episodes earlier and the end. another one i watched a couple of months ago that im not sure why i love it so much Nana also has no ending. Nana is actually one that is better in anime form and the anime matches the manga 95% of the way shockingly enough.

and countless other animes have cheesed forced endings. it seems either anime gets a proper ending or they just dont even bother trying. i realize its cause the manga doesnt finish in time but still rather annoying i wish theyd go back and finish these animes. so at least mangas get endings.

having read so much garfield one thing that does bug me(when i do actually read lol) is garfield like 90% of all other books they completely bastardize when it hits TV.

[quote name='igotnodough']do you guys print covers with your own printers?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I use a Canon ip4300. Can be had for relatively cheap at this point and does a great job when paired with good papers.

[quote name='Blade']In general, I prefer manga, but two of my favorite series (One Piece and Cowboy Bebop) are better in anime format. One Piece anime slows down to 1 episode per chapter at Fishman Island Arc though...[/QUOTE]

Kind of surprised to hear you say this. Most One Piece fans would agree unanimously that the manga is better. Personally I think the anime is flawed but still extremely enjoyable, as long as you have a fast-forward button and a tolerance for occasionally cringe-worthy animation. But it can't compare to the manga which is a true masterpiece. But hey, opinions. At least we can agree on Battlefront.

OK guys, not a whole lot has changed as far as arrangement goes, but I found a place for my boxes for some of my consoles. Also added a new console (OG Xbox) and picked up a few games since my last update.

[quote name='kayne2000']but readings for losers dont you know that? although my manga collection is tiny but random. all of hellsing(no idea why), the first naruto, sandland, a few ghost in the shell novels and probably a couple of other random things. although i do have the first 40 books of garfield lol[/QUOTE]

Garfield is awesome.

[quote name='kayne2000']Garfield is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Garfield is awesome!

220px-James_Abram_Garfield,_photo_portrait_seated.jpg

[quote name='FlyingAce39']
P1010219_zps6dd31edb.jpg
[/URL][/QUOTE]

Probably shouldn't leave them all on at the same time;)

Glad I'm not the only one with a moderate collection, though it does seem a little dumb to have a gamecube with no games:lol:

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Kind of surprised to hear you say this. Most One Piece fans would agree unanimously that the manga is better. Personally I think the anime is flawed but still extremely enjoyable, as long as you have a fast-forward button and a tolerance for occasionally cringe-worthy animation. But it can't compare to the manga which is a true masterpiece. But hey, opinions. At least we can agree on Battlefront.[/QUOTE]

I think the voices (original Japanese, of course) and music contribute a lot to the atmosphere of One Piece, which can only be imagined while reading the manga. And the animation quality gets much better somewhere around Thriller Bark. IMO, the series does well in keeping the epic parts epic, and the filler is actually in theme with the show, not like that "let me use the same technique without any character growth for 80 filler episodes" crap Naruto pulls. The movies are all pretty good, too:
My favorite moment is in movie 6, when Luffy obliterates Omatsuri after he "kills" the rest of the Straw Hats.

Because Squarehard asked, here's my manga. Used my phone to take the pictures. I removed some so you can see that they are stacked (read: crammed) into that cheap bookshelf, all lined on the outside and shoved into the top crevices... (~220-230 volumes total, and I just bought all of Love Hina in a lowball lol)

Includes:

Complete (so far):
  • Buso Renkin
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Dragon Head
  • Ragnarok
  • Le Portrait De Petite Cossette
  • Blood+
  • Vampire Hunter D (includes light novels)
  • Vagabond
  • Ikigami
  • Battle Angel Alita
  • Blood Alone
  • Lone Wolf and Cub
  • Samurai Executioner
  • Path of the Assassin
  • Banya
  • The Dreaming
  • Boogiepop series
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! R
  • Biomega
  • Parasyte
  • Trinity Blood light novels
  • Devil May Cry canon
  • Ultimo
  • Various other short series

Working on:
  • One Piece
  • Negima!
  • Priest
  • D.Gray-Man
  • Bleach
  • Claymore
  • Death Note Black
  • InuYasha
  • Tenchi Muyo
  • Evangelion canon
  • Maoh!
  • Trigun Maximum
  • Togari
  • Saikano
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Suikoden III
  • Madara

Then I have some 60 issues of Shonen Jump USA stored in a box in my closet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, Garfield is awesome!

220px-James_Abram_Garfield,_photo_portrait_seated.jpg
[/QUOTE]

indeed. i wish the TV cartoon would of followed the humor of the comics a lot more.

one of these days ill get the ones im missing which is any of the ones from 2005 on wards.

[quote name='Blade']
Because Squarehard asked, here's my manga. Used my phone to take the pictures. I removed some so you can see that they are stacked (read: crammed) into that cheap bookshelf, all lined on the outside and shoved into the top crevices... (~220-230 volumes total, and I just bought all of Love Hina in a lowball lol)
[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm...manga...

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Probably shouldn't leave them all on at the same time;)

Glad I'm not the only one with a moderate collection, though it does seem a little dumb to have a gamecube with no games:lol:[/QUOTE]

You should go ahead and post pictures so I can know what you have. :lol:

[quote name='Blade']I think the voices (original Japanese, of course) and music contribute a lot to the atmosphere of One Piece, which can only be imagined while reading the manga. And the animation quality gets much better somewhere around Thriller Bark. IMO, the series does well in keeping the epic parts epic, and the filler is actually in theme with the show, not like that "let me use the same technique without any character growth for 80 filler episodes" crap Naruto pulls. The movies are all pretty good, too:
My favorite moment is in movie 6, when Luffy obliterates Omatsuri after he "kills" the rest of the Straw Hats.

Includes:

Complete (so far):
  • Buso Renkin
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Dragon Head
  • Ragnarok
  • Le Portrait De Petite Cossette
  • Blood+
  • Vampire Hunter D (includes light novels)
  • Vagabond
  • Ikigami
  • Battle Angel Alita
  • Blood Alone
  • Lone Wolf and Cub
  • Samurai Executioner
  • Path of the Assassin
  • Banya
  • The Dreaming
  • Boogiepop series
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! R
  • Biomega
  • Parasyte
  • Trinity Blood light novels
  • Devil May Cry canon
  • Ultimo
  • Various other short series

Working on:
  • One Piece
  • Negima!
  • Priest
  • D.Gray-Man
  • Bleach
  • Claymore
  • Death Note Black
  • InuYasha
  • Tenchi Muyo
  • Evangelion canon
  • Maoh!
  • Trigun Maximum
  • Togari
  • Saikano
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Suikoden III
  • Madara

Then I have some 60 issues of Shonen Jump USA stored in a box in my closet.[/QUOTE]

My Manga Collection is quite small, I'm more interested in Light Novels. Haha. I don't have any series completed at all. :lol: And just have the ones that catch my fancy or I can get really cheap. However, I do plan on having all the volumes of Kimikiss and Rosario + Vampire, and maybe Dance in the Vampire Bund since those are my favorites. The other one is Stand By Youth, which only has 3 Volumes before it was discontinued. (I really enjoyed that one. >:/)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Probably shouldn't leave them all on at the same time;)

Glad I'm not the only one with a moderate collection, though it does seem a little dumb to have a gamecube with no games:lol:[/QUOTE]

Original Xbox = On
Xbox 360 = Off
PS3 = On
PS2 = On
Gamecube = On
Wii = Off (It's lighting up is all.)

I was actually only using the PS3, but I just turned the others on for show/pictures.

As far as my Gamecube collection goes, I'm doing the best I can. I'm trying to track down AFFORDABLE complete games. I don't generally do disc-only's.#-o

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Original Xbox = On
Xbox 360 = Off
PS3 = On
PS2 = On
Gamecube = On
Wii = Off (It's lighting up is all.)

I was actually only using the PS3, but I just turned the others on for show/pictures.

As far as my Gamecube collection goes, I'm doing the best I can. I'm trying to track down AFFORDABLE complete games. I don't generally do disc-only's.#-o[/QUOTE]

haha only joshing you. I get you with the gamecube games. I've been lucky enough to store a bunch of bargains from a local store, but otherwise it's been slow going finishing off my collection. Prices have gone through the roof like crazy, which is really a shame as so many have yet to play these awesome games. If you only buy one titles, get Wind Waker. Nothing more to be said, just, get it;)

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Kind of surprised to hear you say this. Most One Piece fans would agree unanimously that the manga is better. Personally I think the anime is flawed but still extremely enjoyable, as long as you have a fast-forward button and a tolerance for occasionally cringe-worthy animation. But it can't compare to the manga which is a true masterpiece. But hey, opinions. At least we can agree on Battlefront.[/QUOTE]
If you think think that opinion is surprising...I don't like One Piece in either form. Educate yourself to this reality!

[quote name='ZombieToast']If you think think that opinion is surprising...I don't like One Piece in either form. Educate yourself to this reality![/QUOTE]

Not really surprised by that at all actually. I was specifically talking about opinions among people who do like it. And even then I think I made it pretty clear I'm not going to get riled over anyone's opinion.
No matter how utterly wrong it is
(just kidding)

[quote name='ZombieToast']If you think think that opinion is surprising...I don't like One Piece in either form. Educate yourself to this reality![/QUOTE]

[quote name='kayne2000']i agree one piece is terrible[/QUOTE]

You've both obviously only watched the dubbed version of the show. And I'm pretty sure you've never read the manga, as that would require more effort into something you didn't like...

Oh well. I generally dislike any Funimation dubs. Naruto has an intolerable English dub, and the fillers are absolutely shit and ruin anything good about the show, so to each his own.

[quote name='Blade']You've both obviously only watched the dubbed version of the show. And I'm pretty sure you've never read the manga, as that would require more effort into something you didn't like...

Oh well. I generally dislike any Funimation dubs. Naruto has an intolerable English dub, and the fillers are absolutely shit and ruin anything good about the show, so to each his own.[/QUOTE]

yes but even the terribly butchered american naruto still had its charm. one piece did not.

whether id like the uncut or manga versions who knows. im not in the business for a show that is 5445645 episodes long with no end in sight last i heard. sort of why i gave up on naruto and bleach. i swear those three shows saw the entire dragoball series and said we need more episodes than that series and set out to do it. although bleach hasnt topped it im sure naruto and one piece have by now but i maybe wrong.

wow, don't know how you guys do it, this taking pic of collection thing is certainly taxing... almost done. should be ready tonight/tomorrow morning...

Took me a while and I keep forgetting to include stuff as I have them all over the place. Some stuff I just don't know where it is and I will note what I have.

My TV and Desk

Setup.jpg

Panasonic 50" 3D Plasma
Miku Project Diva F mini controller !
philip region free dvd
Final Fantasy XIII LE PS3
Wii
Wii U
Panasonic 3D Blu player
White PS3
Onkyo receiver ( can't play it real loud (I use headphones a lot) so just went with a cheap HTiB 7.1 system)
angry bird roku
belkin widi behind TV. Widi is pretty cool :)

desk_june_2012.jpg

This is an old pic. I gave my 24" monitor to my mom.

Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2 stuff (from before,)

final_fantasy_XIII-1.jpg

Controller

Controller.jpg

Box is also Personal 4 soul link thingy.
Also forgot my Logitech G27 wheel

Portables

Games_Portable_Consoles_Opened.jpg

Silver PSP is a Gundam vs. Gundam LE. Have the following incoming in the next few months.

Shin Megami Tensei IV LE 3DS LL (will finally have a JP 3DS... will finally have to get the jp games...

Animal Crossing 3DS XL

Toukiden PS Vita LE

Games 1 (mostly PS3)

Games_PS3.jpg

I think I have a box of games somewhere that I haven't found... Missing games like my lego/naruto and who knows. Some Persona 3 box set. Valkyria Chronicle cuz it is awesome and I was getting it for people, which of course they don't end up needing... bag is Pokemon silver with figure? Red box is Evangelion 3rd Impact premium? Have Eternal Poison PS2 steal seal with artbook up there.

Games 2 (PS2)

Games_PS2.jpg

Those Fate/* are PSP games with Figma. Saber Extra, Saber Lilly and 2 Saber Virgin White Bride figma.

The 2 boxes (black/white) are DJ Max LE boxes.

Have 2 Devil Summoner Plushie set. dunno where. Persona 4 is the original with art book. Also have a set sealed, dunno where.
Games 3 ( Misc)

Games_Misc.jpg

Have another GOW3 CE somewehre... Have another LBP2 CE somewhere also. Resistance3 because it was cheaper than the move bundle but I never bother to open/use it. White box is wii punch out kit with chocolate bar? 2 BRS the game White Premium box with WRS figma.

Have my import PS3 games spread out... don't know why. did not bother to do that with my PSP/DS imports.

My modest Wii U collection.

Games 4 (Wii + Xbox)

Games_Wii_Xbox.jpg

Don't have my 360 hooked up. Got it for the RPG. Witcher Enhanced at bottom.
Games Portable 1

Games_Portable_1.jpg

like my Ace attorney DS case. rest is pretty standard. Import has the Project Diva games and Dream C Club :p

Games Portable 2

Games_Portable_2.jpg

JP Ace Attorney DSI.
2 Pikachu 3DS XL
2 Zelda 3DS (one opened)
Pokemon DSL
Soul Sacrifice PS Vita LE
Monster Hunter Portable 3 PSP LE
Final Fantasy Dissidia PSP LE
Gundam vs. Gundam PSP LE (opened)

Games Portable 3

Games_Portable_3.jpg

Silver Gameboy Micro
Final Fantasy IV Gameboy Micro
Blizzard CE

Blizzard_CE.jpg

I don't play wow anymore. Played from release to before BG. came back for BG, bored, quite, then came back for catalysm for a bit. I just buy them because...
Too many Catalysm CE... same deal, got it for friends who no longer needs and I am too lazy to return.

Guides and artbook etc

Guides_1.jpg

Guides_2.jpg

Anime, Blu and Misc.

Anime_1.jpg

Anime_2.jpg

Blu_1.jpg

Blu_2.jpg

Couple things missing. notable like Persona Trinity Soul Premium 1/2 and a few movies like Star Trek. Game of Thrones season 1 and 2 borrowed out.

Figures

Ok, we are starting to get to the meat of my "collection". I care about these way more than anything above :)

This is just what I have in my place right now. I have a lot more in storage which I may get to taking pics of someday... Also have about 20-30 various figures just about, didn't bother taking pics of them like Momohime.

momohime1.jpg

Scaled figure 1

Figures_1.jpg

Racing Miku 2011 (I think this is the best Miku Racing design)

Scaled figure 2

Figures_2.jpg

Love the Sasara moekore plus no.26. Took me some effort to finally get it. Absolutely love the character design.

Figma / nendo etc

Figures_3.jpg

Have another Miku Chogokin somewhere. Also have another Haruhi Mech somewhere also.

Gundam (various)

Didn't bother to take pics of my Gunpla. I have lots of PG/MG/HB and my favorite, RG.

Here are some Metal Build/Metal Composite.
Gundam_Metal.jpg

Haven't had any time to build any gunple, here is one that I built and I think I did a decent job. It wasn't seamless or anything display worthy, but it was cool and I think my pic was pretty good. used one of my light box for the photo.

zaku_whitewolf_6.jpg

Gathering figures...

Ok, gathering are recast of garage kit you can buy in Japan which is very hard to get for us not living there since you have to know someone going to one of the fest. Oh well... I wish I can get my hands on the original, but they are so limited that I won't be able to give my money to the rightful people anyway. Anyway, I actually like them quite a bit. Very detail, much better in many cases than the machine paint of PVC figures.

Gathering_1.jpg

Love the Monster Hunter Naruga X Hunter.

Monster_Hunter_Naruga.jpg

Poor pic, don't have my light set up and didn't spend time to frame it iproperly.

Gathering_2.jpg

I need to open and display that Asuka on bike figure. It is awesome. Some guy's blog about it. check it out the pics! http://radiantdreamer.net/anime-figures-2/asuka-langley-on-motorcycle/

Misc. mostly cuz I forgot...

Misc_1.jpg

2 figures from Valyria Chronicle 3. some miku figures, miku racing car.
Tales of Xillia PS3
2 Etrian Odyssey 3 still in package with artbook?
Funny, I know I have Etrian Odyssey 4 but no idea where it is...
2 BLK Hute LE. they have BRS Beast Figma in there.

My storage

I have a little space in a climate controlled public storage location to store my stuff so the figure's face won't melt.

IMAG0239.jpg

figmas etc are 3 deep, figures are 2 deep stacked if possible.

This sort of leads me to the real meat of my collection since you see their boxes in the above pic....

Dollfie Dreams/pure neemo / etc

No, I do not give them personality and arrange marraige etc like Chu. They are just like supersized figma :)

Pic I took of Asuka from Evagelion. This will be the only pic you actually see it. It's safe but I understand some people are freaked out by them.
20110806_214-1.jpg

I have somewhere around 20-25 Dollfie Dreams and 20+_ pure neemo and vocaloid dolls. I have 1 Saber Lily, 2 Extra, 2 Alter. I have a Kos Mos coming in a few months. This thing is just awesome. If I am made of money, I would get a lot more :) (Saber Lily cost me $2k... Kos Mos will be over 1K) This is a very expensive hobby. If I ever get robbed, I hope they take all my shinny PS3 and leave my DD alone :p

I mean, that's a superb collection (more insane than Square's) but am I the only one who really, really hates wire racks? They make everything look so tacky...

[quote name='Vinny']I mean, that's a superb collection (more insane than Square's) but am I the only one who really, really hates wire racks? They make everything look so tacky...[/QUOTE]

I do too. It is just easier to move. Once I am settled, I intend to have some custom wood shelving done.

and oh, I don't think any part of my game collection is really impressive. I have my interests spread too far apart. I think I do have most of the games that I want to (even remotely) play. Like most of us, I am severely limited by time thus most are still sealed.

[quote name='dodgeme']Nice stuff man. I really like the keyboard you've got. Been meaning to get a nice gaming one sometime.[/QUOTE]

It is from WASD keyboard. it doesn't have all the fancy backlight etc like most "gaming keyboard" but it is mechanical and customizable. I have other gaming keyboards like the razer black widow but the wasd keyboard is so much cooler :)

[quote name='wasabi5858']Took me a while and I keep forgetting to include stuff as I have them all over the place. Some stuff I just don't know where it is and I will note what I have.

My TV and Desk

Setup.jpg

Panasonic 50" 3D Plasma
philip region free dvd
Wii
Wii U
Panasonic 3D Blu player
White PS3
Onkyo receiver ( can't play it real loud (I use headphones a lot) so just went with a cheap HTiB 7.1 system)
angry bird roku

desk_june_2012.jpg

final_fantasy_XIII-1.jpg

Controller

Controller.jpg

Portables

Silver PSP is a Gundam vs. Gundam LE. Have the following incoming in the next few months.

Shin Megami Tensei IV LE 3DS LL (will finally have a JP 3DS... will finally have to get the jp games...

Animal Crossing 3DS XL

Toukiden PS Vita LE

Games 1 (mostly PS3)

Games_PS3.jpg

I think I have a box of games somewhere that I haven't found... Missing games like my lego/naruto and who knows. Some Persona 3 box set. Valkyria Chronicle cuz it is awesome and I was getting it for people, which of course they don't end up needing... bag is Pokemon silver with figure? Red box is Evangelion 3rd Impact premium? Have Eternal Poison PS2 steal seal with artbook up there.

Games 2 (PS2)

Games_PS2.jpg

Those Fate/* are PSP games with Figma. Saber Extra, Saber Lilly and 2 Saber Virgin White Bride figma.

Games 3 ( Misc)

Games_Misc.jpg

Have another GOW3 CE somewehre... Have another LBP2 CE somewhere also. Resistance3 because it was cheaper than the move bundle but I never bother to open/use it. White box is wii punch out kit with chocolate bar? 2 BRS the game White Premium box with WRS figma.

Have my import PS3 games spread out... don't know why. did not bother to do that with my PSP/DS imports.

Games 4 (Wii + Xbox)

Games_Wii_Xbox.jpg

Games Portable 1

Games_Portable_1.jpg

like my Ace attorney DS case. rest is pretty standard. Import has the Project Diva games and Dream C Club :p

Games Portable 2

Games_Portable_2.jpg

JP Ace Attorney DSI.
2 Pikachu 3DS XL
2 Zelda 3DS (one opened)
Pokemon DSL

Games Portable 3

Games_Portable_3.jpg

Silver Gameboy Micro
Blizzard CE

Blizzard_CE.jpg

I don't play wow anymore. Played from release to before BG. came back for BG, bored, quite, then came back for catalysm for a bit. I just buy them because...
Too many Catalysm CE... same deal, got it for friends who no longer needs and I am too lazy to return.

Guides and artbook etc

Guides_1.jpg

Guides_2.jpg

Anime, Blu and Misc.

Anime_1.jpg

Anime_2.jpg

Blu_1.jpg

Blu_2.jpg

Couple things missing. notable like Persona Trinity Soul Premium 1/2 and a few movies like Star Trek. Game of Thrones season 1 and 2 borrowed out.

Figures

Ok, we are starting to get to the meat of my "collection". I care about these way more than anything above :)

This is just what I have in my place right now. I have a lot more in storage which I may get to taking pics of someday... Also have about 20-30 various figures just about, didn't bother taking pics of them like Momohime.

momohime1.jpg

Scaled figure 1

Figures_1.jpg

Scaled figure 2

Figures_2.jpg

Love the Sasara moekore plus no.26. Took me some effort to finally get it. Absolutely love the character design.

Figma / nendo etc

Figures_3.jpg

Have another Miku Chogokin somewhere. Also have another Haruhi Mech somewhere also.

Gundam (various)

Didn't bother to take pics of my Gunpla. I have lots of PG/MG/HB and my favorite, RG.

Gundam_Metal.jpg

Haven't had any time to build any gunple, here is one that I built and I think I did a decent job. It wasn't seamless or anything display worthy, but it was cool and I think my pic was pretty good. used one of my light box for the photo.

zaku_whitewolf_6.jpg

Gathering figures...

Ok, gathering are recast of garage kit you can buy in Japan which is very hard to get for us not living there since you have to know someone going to one of the fest. Oh well... I wish I can get my hands on the original, but they are so limited that I won't be able to give my money to the rightful people anyway. Anyway, I actually like them quite a bit. Very detail, much better in many cases than the machine paint of PVC figures.

Gathering_1.jpg

Poor pic, don't have my light set up and didn't spend time to frame it iproperly.

Gathering_2.jpg

I need to open and display that Asuka on bike figure. It is awesome. Some guy's blog about it. check it out the pics! http://radiantdreamer.net/anime-figures-2/asuka-langley-on-motorcycle/

Misc_1.jpg

Tales of Xillia PS3

My storage

I have a little space in a climate controlled public storage location to store my stuff so the figure's face won't melt.

IMAG0239.jpg

This sort of leads me to the real meat of my collection since you see their boxes in the above pic....

No, I do not give them personality and arrange marraige etc like Chu. They are just like supersized figma :)

Pic I took of Asuka from Evagelion. This will be the only pic you actually see it. It's safe but I understand some people are freaked out by them.
20110806_214-1.jpg

I have somewhere around 20-25 Dollfie Dreams and 20+_ pure neemo and vocaloid dolls. I have 1 Saber Lily, 2 Extra, 2 Alter. I have a Kos Mos coming in a few months. This thing is just awesome. If I am made of money, I would get a lot more :) (Saber Lily cost me $2k... Kos Mos will be over 1K) This is a very expensive hobby. If I ever get robbed, I hope they take all my shinny PS3 and leave my DD alone :p
[/QUOTE]

need moar pics of evangelion

i should ask where is that pic from anyway???

[quote name='kayne2000']need moar pics of evangelion

i should ask where is that pic from anyway???[/QUOTE]

All pics are mine except that link to Asuka on bike. If you are talking about the last pic, that 's Dollfie Dreams Asuka. I took the pic when I went to the Volks store and decided to take some pic around the office complex.

Pics of my DollfieDreams Asuka, do not click if you get freaked out about dolls :)

http://site.volksusa.com/sumikatimes/2011/08/14/customer-gallery-m-p-s-asuka/

[quote name='wasabi5858']All pics are mine except that link to Asuka on bike. If you are talking about the last pic, that 's Dollfie Dreams Asuka. I took the pic when I went to the Volks store and decided to take some pic around the office complex.

Pics of my DollfieDreams Asuka, do not click if you get freaked out about dolls :)

http://site.volksusa.com/sumikatimes/2011/08/14/customer-gallery-m-p-s-asuka/[/QUOTE]

thanks for that link

also why would anyone be freaked out by dolls lol

[quote name='wasabi5858']All pics are mine except that link to Asuka on bike. If you are talking about the last pic, that 's Dollfie Dreams Asuka. I took the pic when I went to the Volks store and decided to take some pic around the office complex.

http://site.volksusa.com/sumikatimes/2011/08/14/customer-gallery-m-p-s-asuka/[/QUOTE]

What's the market for Japanese figures and collectables like? Do they kinda float around in value or do they appreciate? I started buying a few (well, 3) thanks to lilman's thread but I'm shocked at how expensive they are.

[quote name='Vinny']What's the market for Japanese figures and collectables like? Do they kinda float around in value or do they appreciate? I started buying a few (well, 3) thanks to lilman's thread but I'm shocked at how expensive they are.[/QUOTE]

It's hit or miss depending on the types of figures you have purchased, and it is also dependent on what type of characters or series you are purchasing from. It just kind of depends on a lot of factors, so it's not really a yes or no kind of answer.

[quote name='wasabi5858']wow, don't know how you guys do it, this taking pic of collection thing is certainly taxing... almost done. should be ready tonight/tomorrow morning...[/QUOTE]

Sucks, right? Looks like you did a rally nice job though :applause:

I actually tried taking a bunch the other day for both insurance purposes and to post. I've never taken good enough shots so that anyone can actually see what games I have, just those panoramic and entire shelf-at-once shots. My basement is so damned dark and I don't have a tripod, so I was using a chunk of 2x4 as a monopod and holding a shop light to try and get enough light.

I ended up with about 50% usable shots, and 50% blurry mess. Gotta give it another go. Maybe I'll bring my halogen garage works lights in. They're like as bright as the sun. That should at least solve the lighthing issue :p

[quote name='wasabi5858']Took me a while and I keep forgetting to include stuff as I have them all over the place. Some stuff I just don't know where it is and I will note what I have.

My TV and Desk

Setup.jpg

Panasonic 50" 3D Plasma
philip region free dvd
Wii
Wii U
Panasonic 3D Blu player
White PS3
angry bird roku

desk_june_2012.jpg

final_fantasy_XIII-1.jpg

Controller

Controller.jpg

Portables

Animal Crossing 3DS XL

Toukiden PS Vita LE

Games 1 (mostly PS3)

Games_PS3.jpg

Games 2 (PS2)

Games_PS2.jpg

Have 2 Devil Summoner Plushie set. dunno where. Persona 4 is the original with art book. Also have a set sealed, dunno where.
Games 3 ( Misc)

Games_Misc.jpg

Games 4 (Wii + Xbox)

Games_Wii_Xbox.jpg

Games Portable 1

Games_Portable_1.jpg

Games Portable 2

Games_Portable_2.jpg

JP Ace Attorney DSI.
2 Pikachu 3DS XL
2 Zelda 3DS (one opened)
Pokemon DSL

Games Portable 3

Games_Portable_3.jpg

Silver Gameboy Micro
Blizzard CE

Blizzard_CE.jpg

Guides and artbook etc

Guides_1.jpg

Guides_2.jpg

Anime, Blu and Misc.

Anime_1.jpg

Anime_2.jpg

Blu_1.jpg

Blu_2.jpg

Figures

momohime1.jpg

Scaled figure 1

Figures_1.jpg

Scaled figure 2

Figures_2.jpg

Figma / nendo etc

Figures_3.jpg

Gundam (various)

Gundam_Metal.jpg

zaku_whitewolf_6.jpg

Gathering figures...

Gathering_1.jpg

Gathering_2.jpg

Misc_1.jpg

Tales of Xillia PS3

My storage

IMAG0239.jpg

20110806_214-1.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Your stuff is WAY too pretty to be stored like that!

I will be over shortly after completing the munnel in order to rectify this very serious video game collection display faux pas. I'm envisioning very simple cherry and birch frame with lots of glass and a handful of one-off door pull knobs in a variety of designs appropriate to your collection. LOTS. That stuff needs to shine!

Shit, if I ever get sick of making gameboys and such, I'm gonna start building seriously custom display cases for collectors. I could do that all day long!

[quote name='Vinny']I mean, that's a superb collection (more insane than Square's) but am I the only one who really, really hates wire racks? They make everything look so tacky...[/QUOTE]

Hate can't begin to describe my feelings for them :(

I use them to house my shipping supplies and even that irks me, though it's about the most appropriate use I can find for them since all the scraps and little bits of cutoff mess that I make fall through to the floor for easy cleanup.

Maybe I'll go snap those pics...

[quote name='Blade']You've both obviously only watched the dubbed version of the show. And I'm pretty sure you've never read the manga, as that would require more effort into something you didn't like...

Oh well. I generally dislike any Funimation dubs. Naruto has an intolerable English dub, and the fillers are absolutely shit and ruin anything good about the show, so to each his own.[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoy both Naruto and One Piece's current dubs.

I enjoy One Piece well enough, but not enough to actually spend money on it. Oda tends to pack in too much wackiness for my tastes. Impel Down and the Rescue Ace arcs were just a mess to get through in the manga. That, and Luffy just plain gets on my nerves at times.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's hit or miss depending on the types of figures you have purchased, and it is also dependent on what type of characters or series you are purchasing from. It just kind of depends on a lot of factors, so it's not really a yes or no kind of answer.[/QUOTE]

So, basically like games then, huh?

All collecting is like that to varying degrees. Some things become rare and valuable, others stay the same price forever or depreciate immensely. There are factors you can use to try and predict what will happen (for example the Samus and Link Figma reissues were fairly obvious) but overall it can be a crapshoot. I am not a huge collector, most of the stuff I buy is under $30, but I follow the figure "scene" decently closely and I've seen it all.

Just one example, last year I bought a MGS Solid Snake Play Arts Kai for 4000 yen and passed on a Gray Fox for the same price. Now they're each worth well over 20,000 yen and I will probably never get my hands on that cyborg ninja. But as we've seen with Figma Samus it can go both ways.

They are also starting to rerelease figures now (tho just the super popular ones like Saber and a few others like Momohime from Muramasa).

Generally I think they hold their value better.

DD prices also became more stabilized recently... They easily hold their value +, but there were time that things were going crazy, 4k+ for what was originallly a $800 release.

Just checked prices on the Metal Build gundam seven swords... originaly $200ish shipped

http://www.amazon.co.jp/METAL-BUILD-ダブルオーガンダム-セブンソード-初回特典付/dp/B004A15JG0/

ebay listed prices is even higher.

This is their "special". was LE. I got it for $400 locally, listed for crazy amount.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/バンダイ-魂ネイション2011限定-METAL-BUILD-ダブルオーガンダム(トランザムライザー)/dp/B006DRPCJI/

There are just too many products out, weird little thing can become valuable. a DD (Yuki) was actually not very popular before, people thought her face look too generic. A post by Danny Choo pretty much sent her prices skyward, 3-4 X easy. She is actually one of my wants... just can't bring myself to it.

her original listing
http://www.volksusa.com/ddim019.html

ebay listing: selling price obvious different, but that varies a lot based on too many condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volks-Dollf...60?pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item3a72ffe928

Hey wasabi can we get pictures of some of your figures without the foam wrappings? I mainly just want to see the Valkyria Chronicle figures. Thanks. Great collection.

I am horrendous at cutting an even line. How do you guys effectively cut even lines for cover-projecting? Even when I use the thing you put the paper on and slide the blade to cut, I have never ever gotten it even. It's always diagonal, cutting off some of the graphic and leaving some white. I'm even worse free-handing.

I just have one of those cheap portable paper cutters. Works great just gotta do your best to line it up and eyeball it correctly.

I don't understand how you can not cut something straight with those trimmers... unless you're using it wrong? And even then, I don't how you'd manage that.

[quote name='skiizim']I'm just waiting for chuplayer to come out with photos of his dolls.[/QUOTE]

I'm completely cool with sexy anime figures (even the nude ones) but those dolls... man... they're just creepy. I'd feel dirty if I owned any of those.

bread's done
Back