Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='Vinny']I'm completely cool with sexy anime figures (even the nude ones) but those dolls... man... they're just creepy. I'd feel dirty if I owned any of those.[/QUOTE]

i know what your getting for xmas....

[quote name='Vinny']I'm completely cool with sexy anime figures (even the nude ones) but those dolls... man... they're just creepy. I'd feel dirty if I owned any of those.[/QUOTE]

Same, though I don't even think I have a nude doll. I don't remember if I have one where you can remove the clothing on.

Edit: Actually, I don't like joints for the most part. I don't own a single Figma. I do have Nendoroids, but the joints on those aren't really the same.

[quote name='elessar123']Same, though I don't even think I have a nude doll. I don't remember if I have one where you can remove the clothing on.

Edit: Actually, I don't like joints for the most part. I don't own a single Figma. I do have Nendoroids, but the joints on those aren't really the same.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because they sorta blur the line between reality and fantasy. They're fictional characters but the dolls themselves are like real child-sized versions.

But joints bother the hell out of me too, which is why I don't care much for pose-able figures, even stuff like Play-Arts or some of the Marvel/DC Direct figures. I love Figmas though... they do a great job of hiding joints and staying true to the character.

I understand it's a hobby though so if you enjoy, go for it. There are worse things you can do as a hobby... like the Left Hand Killer.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I am horrendous at cutting an even line. How do you guys effectively cut even lines for cover-projecting? Even when I use the thing you put the paper on and slide the blade to cut, I have never ever gotten it even. It's always diagonal, cutting off some of the graphic and leaving some white. I'm even worse free-handing.[/QUOTE]
My best recipe for cutting straight and clean covers is to use a box cutter (I prefer the larger handle than Xacto knifes), a transparent 12-inch ruler (transparent is important to help see if you are cutting straight or at a slight angle, and to make sure you don't under or over cut border wise), and a cutting mat (like this one on Amazon, or junk cardboard works fine).

The only reason I have one of those cutting mats is because my wife went through a craft / sewing stint, but those work great for cutting covers.

[quote name='Vinny']I think it's because they sorta blur the line between reality and fantasy. They're fictional characters but the dolls themselves are like real child-sized versions.
[/QUOTE]

I certainly understand that. I feel the same way with some of the current 3D modeling in games... I will not get Beyond Two Souls no matter how good it is... it is just freaking me out :)

Even with the DD/BJD dolls, some just totally freaks me out too. For me, Dollfie Dream with characters based on anime etc is pretty much the most I will go for. Everyone draws that line differently and some owners I am certain that I do not want to meet in any way.

I certainly don't push this on people... There are places where it is more appropriate.

I also don't like suggestive poses/figures etc... those are just too much for me. For figures, cute outfit and preferably a weapon is my choice :)

One of the goal for me is to take good photos of my figures/statues and that sort of expanded into wanting to take pictures of DD. There are many good photographers using them as model of sorts and I want to share a few link, these are just pics taken by others that I browsed through just now and think is pretty good. Nothing unsafe etc and I do wish you and others to take a quick look just so you guys have a better reference than just the basement pics of Chu's dolls...

Random question about my set up. I have a LED strip behind my HDTV for some cool lighting, and I'm using Scotch tape to tape the strip against the back of the TV. Is Scotch tape a bad idea? I'm wondering if the lights will burn it...

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Random question about my set up. I have a LED strip behind my HDTV for some cool lighting, and I'm using Scotch tape to tape the strip against the back of the TV. Is Scotch tape a bad idea? I'm wondering if the lights will burn it...[/QUOTE]

could just go ahead and use electrical tape to be safe, doesn't cost much more at all and is more durable (I've found at least).

Neither of those two tapes are ideal for the job at hand. This will hold it for as long as you'll need and is surprisingly easy to remove if you need to.

http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html

Edit: I should mention that you can get that stuff at any auto parts store or Home Depot/Lowes.

All done collecting N64 and all cased up! WOOT!

N64completesmall_zpsc73eff52.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wiggyx']

All done collecting N64 and all cased up! WOOT!

[/QUOTE]

Ah... gotta love uniformity!;) Makes me wish I had some N64 games but even they're starting going up like crazy.

That's why I figured fuck it, and decided to grab all that I want now while they're still affordable. Thank gawd I've had titles like Conker since launch so I didn't have to pay insane amounts of money for em. I managed to grab the last 15 or so titles for under 20-a-pop.

Back to the increasingly unaffordable SNES collection...

Man wiggy, all your boxes look so freaking nice! I've really got to get some more shelves (and money:lol:), and box up the few I've got. N64 games have definitely gone up in price like crazy, so mad at myself for selling my copies of DK64, Mario Kart 64, and OoT. Side question: what boxes are you using for the big box games like Stadium and Mario Party?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Man wiggy, all your boxes look so freaking nice! I've really got to get some more shelves (and money:lol:), and box up the few I've got. N64 games have definitely gone up in price like crazy, so mad at myself for selling my copies of DK64, Mario Kart 64, and OoT. Side question: what boxes are you using for the big box games like Stadium and Mario Party?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm so happy to have at least one console "complete"!

I make doubles (game shark, memory cards) and triples (games you mentioned) by stacking/combining UGCs basically. I did a writeup on TCP. It's actually pretty simple.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=10451.0

[quote name='Bing147']No mario tennis wiggy?[/QUOTE]

No, I can't get into tennis, even when Mario-afied. I would grab it if I found it for like 5 bucks, but it's not worth it to me at the current going prices. Also, before I get called out on not having it, SSB is not a franchise that I enjoy at all. Zero love for that game from me.

Glad I got my N64 collection from the used market. I probably averaged under $5 dollars per game even on 1st party titles. I still do have a couple titles left to get but I won't pay FMV for them.

I can't see paying $20 per 1st party title and then playing the game once or twice a year and it sits the rest of the time. In the last year I probably had like 20 N64 cart only titles added to my collection yet I played N64 for maybe an hour or two in the past year. It would be stupid for me to pay FMV.

[quote name='wiggyx']Thanks! I'm so happy to have at least one console "complete"!

I make doubles (game shark, memory cards) and triples (games you mentioned) by stacking/combining UGCs basically. I did a writeup on TCP. It's actually pretty simple.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=10451.0

No, I can't get into tennis, even when Mario-afied. I would grab it if I found it for like 5 bucks, but it's not worth it to me at the current going prices. Also, before I get called out on not having it, SSB is not a franchise that I enjoy at all. Zero love for that game from me.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. How about Pokemon Puzzle League? Best puzzle game on the system.

It's one of those games that I'll keep an eye out for, along with that Disney/Mickey Magical Tetris Challenge game, but they weren't on my must have list is all. I'll still be buying N64 games, don't get me wrong. What I have now is just my complete "must-have" list, versus stuff that I would like to pick up at some point, or looks good enough for a few bucks investment (Penny Racers, Lego Racers, Power Rangers and some others were all a buck or less), but would be OK with not having.

Fair enough. If you haven't played it though you should. Basically Tetris Attack 2 and in my top 10 n64 games.

I checked my list and I still have 31 games on my N64 must have list but of them only Castlevania Curse of Darkness is over 25. (Starcraft and Bomberman 2nd attack would be nice if I find a deal but I can't see paying the price for Starcraft when the PC version is all over the place for 2.00 and it is better and if I'm going to splurge on a Bomberman it will be Saturn Bomberman). Like 17 of the 31 should be 10.00 or less.

Starcraft 64 has always been one game I've wanted because it's Starcraft on a console, but I never wanted to pay the going rate because, well, it's Starcraft on a console.

[quote name='Bing147']Fair enough. If you haven't played it though you should. Basically Tetris Attack 2 and in my top 10 n64 games.

I checked my list and I still have 31 games on my N64 must have list but of them only Castlevania Curse of Darkness is over 25. (Starcraft and Bomberman 2nd attack would be nice if I find a deal but I can't see paying the price for Starcraft when the PC version is all over the place for 2.00 and it is better and if I'm going to splurge on a Bomberman it will be Saturn Bomberman). Like 17 of the 31 should be 10.00 or less.[/QUOTE]

I'll put it on my new "keep an eye open for it" list ;) Thanks!

Bomberman 2 and Ogre Battle were my last two pickups, and would have been among the priciest, but I managed to get them in a trade :)

I think I paid ~20 for Starcraft. Was definitely one of the pricier loose N64 carts I've purchased in the last couple of years.

What's on your list? I do have a handful of dupes in my trade box.

[quote name='salty tbone']Starcraft 64 has always been one game I've wanted because it's Starcraft on a console, but I never wanted to pay the going rate because, well, it's Starcraft on a console.[/QUOTE]

Same here, which is why it took me so damned long to pick it up. I remember it being like 90 bucks when it came out. Freakin' nobody bough that game! I recall pricing used copies for $70 at the local game shop that I worked for way back then and almost laughing about it knowing that it would just sit on the shelf forever, even at 20%+ off the new price.

But, again, seeing how N64 prices are starting to climb, I didn't wanna wait like I did for EVO, Demon's Crest, and other SNES titles that have blow the fuck up!

I hear that... Saturn is my current focus.

Realized there is actually another expensive 64 game on my list. Harvest Moon. Thankfully have Ogre Battle. Still want

Harvest Moon
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness
Snowboard Kids
Snowboard Kids 2
Super Smash Bros (wilp find this cheap eventually, too common not too. Just need patience)
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mystical Ninja Goemon
Goemons Great Adventure
Banjo Tooie
Banjo Kazooie
Killer Instinct Gold
Space Station Silicon Valley
Earthworm Jim 3d (i know it sucks)
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Yoshis Story
Turok 3
Mischief Makers
Rocket Robot on Wheels
Fighters Destiny
Star Wars Battle for Naboo
Pilotwing 64
Rush
Rush 2
World is Not Enough
Excitebike 64
Micro Machines
Beetle Adventure Racing
Wave Race 64
Forsaken

Not a priority but all titles I want.

Beetle Adventure Racing is SOOOOO fun! Have great memories playing that with my siblings, IMO a better game than Mario Kart 64 (but maybe future titles have spoiled me). Banjo Kazooie is the only other title on your list I have, but I'm not willing to part with it I'm afraid.

I'm having a hard time justifying buying N64 titles lately, since I'm torn between the more comfortable and convenient virtual console, and having psychical cartridges for the games:whistle2:k

well i finally decided to put shelves up for my collection here at this apartment....first off i am terrible with my hands and building so this quite the accomplishment.

well i dont know whether ill take pictures. i am lazy. but i was at the very least tired of it being in random storage piles that are barely accessible. although this isnt my full collection this is just what ive bought while going to school the rest of my crap is at home at parents house. including a fine nerf collection, random stuff animals and 9 plush tachikomas and some other random gaming/dvd related stuff that whenever i can afford a house will be part of some insane room.

though im going to stop adding to it as i really need to save more money than i do for said house.

[quote name='wiggyx']It's one of those games that I'll keep an eye out for, along with that Disney/Mickey Magical Tetris Challenge game, but they weren't on my must have list is all. I'll still be buying N64 games, don't get me wrong. What I have now is just my complete "must-have" list, versus stuff that I would like to pick up at some point, or looks good enough for a few bucks investment (Penny Racers, Lego Racers, Power Rangers and some others were all a buck or less), but would be OK with not having.[/QUOTE]
Play Pokémon Puzzle League. It will go on your must-have list.

I'm not a super huge puzzler guy. I like em, but really only play them on portables (since they make great shit-break and doctor's office waiting room time wasters).

I guess I'll add it to my new must-have list. Thanks guys :roll:

[Pacino]Just when I thought I was out, you pull me back in.[/Pacino]

Wiggy's new N64 must-have list:

Porkëmans Puzzle Game Cassette

Well, since you're adding games, might as well get Superman 64. I mean, why N64 collection is complete without one of the worst games ever made, right?!

[quote name='wiggyx']I actually have Superman 64. See that Dev Cart in my collection? Yeah, that's what's on it :p[/QUOTE]

So that's why the game sucks... you have the dev cart, preventing Titus from testing the game before they released it! You evil bastard.

[quote name='Vinny']Well, since you're adding games, might as well get Superman 64. I mean, why N64 collection is complete without one of the worst games ever made, right?![/QUOTE]

I paid $64.99 on launch day for that at Funco Land. Not my proudest gaming/money spending moment.

Just moved into a new place today and I have my game room! Only moved the start of stuff in (have the truck on Saturday) but I'm super excited, this room is huge! Once it is starting to be set up I'll post pics for sure.

I found my snes and n64 the other day. Still have a lot of games for both, but I think I threw out most of the cases. The kid version of me at least had the sense to keep the shiny Ocarina of Time CE case and it's still in good condition. If only I could find where that gold cartridge went to...

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']School Rumble = Win to the max:applause:[/QUOTE]
You sir are a good person ^^

Since I'm moving out of my apt in like a week I thought I'd take a few photos of my stuff. I have some more statues and stuff packed up but this is most of my display stuff.

After I get into the new apt and unpack I'm hoping to finally have a place to display my games instead of taking up the entire walk in closet.

20130516_115736_zps17053dae.jpg

20130516_115750_zps30b7aa9b.jpg

20130516_115757_zpsfceddd8f.jpg

20130516_115839_zps8b0d1b5c.jpg

20130516_115914_zps063637e1.jpg

20130516_115943_zpsc8e12a72.jpg

^almost busted when I saw those last three pics. Where'd you get that TMNT poster? My brother and I have been wanting to get some cool posters for our room and we both love TMNT.

[quote name='trollape74']^almost busted when I saw those last three pics. Where'd you get that TMNT poster? My brother and I have been wanting to get some cool posters for our room and we both love TMNT.[/QUOTE]

That is the TMNT print by Mondo. There is an all gray variant of it too. Sad to say last I checked the prices were through the roof for them (like $500+ each).

I got a bunch more prints and posters that I didn't bother snapping and a few more statues and prints that are still in tubes/boxes.

I have this same print up on the wall.

zelda_map_overworld_small.jpg

[quote name='Dokstarr']That is the TMNT print by Mondo. There is an all gray variant of it too. Sad to say last I checked the prices were through the roof for them (like $500+ each).

I got a bunch more prints and posters that I didn't bother snapping and a few more statues and prints that are still in tubes/boxes.

[/QUOTE]

Just busted a Deku nut over this. Are they still for sale? Because I am definitely buying that shit once I recover. :hot: :drool:

[quote name='wiggyx']All done collecting N64 and all cased up! WOOT!

[/QUOTE]

Awesome collection! Just a question though, where's Quest 64, Quake 64, Mace: The Dark Ages, Dark Rift, Nightmare Creatures, etc.? I want to see that set be completely complete. ;)

(not that I'm anywhere close to that amount, I only collect the boxed versions which are even harder to find)

[quote name='Dokstarr']That is the TMNT print by Mondo. There is an all gray variant of it too. Sad to say last I checked the prices were through the roof for them (like $500+ each).

[/QUOTE]

Delicious!

Also, is that a legit Olly print? If so, super jelly.

[quote name='Blade']Just busted a Deku nut over this. Are they still for sale? Because I am definitely buying that shit once I recover. :hot: :drool:[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

[quote name='Blade']Awesome collection! Just a question though, where's Quest 64, Quake 64, Mace: The Dark Ages, Dark Rift, Nightmare Creatures, etc.? I want to see that set be completely complete. ;)

(not that I'm anywhere close to that amount, I only collect the boxed versions which are even harder to find)[/QUOTE]

None of those are games that I really want. Let's be serious, Quest 64 is terrible, I don't like FPS generally speaking (which some exceptions), I recall Mace being pretty awful, Dark Rift is meh, and Nightmare Creatures I have on PS1, so I don't really "need" it.

But, like I said, I will still pick up games here and there. The collection as it stands now are just the quintessential wiggy wants. Eventually I may end up with a complete set, minus sports and wrastlin' games. I refuse to have all that filler crap in my collection just for the sake of having it.

[quote name='wiggyx']Delicious!

Also, is that a legit Olly print? If so, super jelly.
[/QUOTE]

Yep. The Mononoke Variant is pretty sweet. I actually only had to pay the 45 (or whatever it was) bucks for it. I just had to wait in a long-ass line at San Diego Comic-Con.

I will say the Mondo booth at comic-con is pure insanity, but at least you can get stuff. Unlike when the online drops happen.

And who says I need a Turbobooster. Figured I'd be keeping this a while and I had some jacks left over from my Toploader NES AV mod that didn't go so well (wired the circuit incorrectly and fried the PPU but thats another story) so I tossed them into the Turbo-Grafx. Pretty happy with the result and the picture looks sooo much better.

a2lPK6v.jpg

[quote name='Dokstarr']Since I'm moving out of my apt in like a week I thought I'd take a few photos of my stuff. I have some more statues and stuff packed up but this is most of my display stuff.

After I get into the new apt and unpack I'm hoping to finally have a place to display my games instead of taking up the entire walk in closet. [/QUOTE]

Damn those are some awesome posters and figures. I never realized how big those First4Figures statues (that's who made that Minda/Wolf Link figure, right?) were.

[quote name='lilman']Media bookcase with 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, and 3DS cases, anime and game figures, and some manga and artbooks. I couldn't fit all the game cases on display, so many are in storage.

Rest of my collection (anime and figures): http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/7712[/QUOTE]

Man, your room is so nice and clean looking.

I hope when I get my own place, I do organize my stuff to look nicer. Too bad apartments in Chicago/suburbs are so damn expensive.

On an unrelated note, the amount of video game related merchandise is getting a bit ridiculous... and expensive.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Yep. The Mononoke Variant is pretty sweet. I actually only had to pay the 45 (or whatever it was) bucks for it. I just had to wait in a long-ass line at San Diego Comic-Con.

I will say the Mondo booth at comic-con is pure insanity, but at least you can get stuff. Unlike when the online drops happen.[/QUOTE]

Damn! That's awesome!

[quote name='dodgeme']And who says I need a Turbobooster. Figured I'd be keeping this a while and I had some jacks left over from my Toploader NES AV mod that didn't go so well (wired the circuit incorrectly and fried the PPU but thats another story) so I tossed them into the Turbo-Grafx. Pretty happy with the result and the picture looks sooo much better.

[/QUOTE]

Just did this with the one I picked up a couple of months ago :)

[quote name='Vinny']Damn those are some awesome posters and figures. I never realized how big those First4Figures statues (that's who made that Minda/Wolf Link figure, right?) were.
[/QUOTE]

Yep - they made the Wolf Link, Fierce Deity Link, Skull Kid, Dark Link and Sheik ones.

[quote name='wiggyx']Damn! That's awesome!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I had to spend untold hours in line at the Mondo booth over that weekend but I got a few pretty sweet prints out it that I hung up. The Mononoke, Batman, and Adventure Time one. I got a bunch more and just ended up selling off those ones. I just pretty much would get into the line like 3 - 4 hours after that last drop and stand there until they announced the next one. The security would come tell us to get lost but then 100+ people would just hop right back in line. Very competitive lol.

The only one I missed that I wanted that weekend was the Olly Moss Batman one. Even being in line like 2 hours before they announced it as dropping the line was like 250+. It was leaked online or something that there was gonna be one so the line was huge.

bread's done
Back