Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

I ran out of shelf space. Game overflowwwww. :lol:
gallery_349297_8234_317344.gif

I have PSP games stacked 3 deep... I hate it but just have no room at all. Most games are 2 deep at this point.

I need at least another shelf, I could find a use for 2 or 3.

I have a similar problem to lots of you guys. You all run out of room for your games. I run out of room for my statues and stuff.

I want to pick up the Batman vs. Killer Croc statue and try to find the Skeletor statue from a few years ago, but at this moment I have no place to put them. I need a curio cabinet like an old lady.

My collection is not all that big, but these are some of the games I've been collecting over the years as well as games i had to rebuy because... i was a stupid young kid.

[attachment=1303:2013-12-04 15.56.07.jpg]

[attachment=1304:2013-12-04 15.55.10.jpg]

[attachment=1305:2013-12-04 15.55.40.jpg]

[attachment=1306:2013-12-04 15.56.32.jpg]

[attachment=1307:2013-12-04 15.56.50.jpg]

Sorry by the way they won't let me post links just yet, cause im new to the site.

Small update. Decided to pull the slip-covers off my blu-rays and did a bit of reorganizing, and I gotta say it gives the shelve a much cleaner look. Also almost have an entire row of steelbooks/metal cases Blu's. Don't worry I still have the slipcovers, just packed away. I may sell em off though. Got a few that are harder to find.

nd4cNdb.jpg

25bCrlG.jpg

MAJkpH7.jpg

Small update. Decided to pull the slip-covers off my blu-rays and did a bit of reorganizing, and I gotta say it gives the shelve a much cleaner look. Also almost have an entire row of steelbooks/metal cases Blu's. Don't worry I still have the slipcovers, just packed away. I may sell em off though. Got a few that are harder to find.

nd4cNdb.jpg

25bCrlG.jpg

MAJkpH7.jpg
Excellent collection too! I'll post mine one day, sadly I don't have them on any cool shelves, just regular shelves and drawers lol

Where is the next planned space going to be for the new shelf? ;D

My collections not too special, so ill just share what ive bought recently.

Deus ex HR steelbook:

mz4g.jpg

Batman hot toys 1/4 scale:
4szo.jpg

cfz0.jpg

hxfi.jpg

kwoj.jpg

e5w3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got a new TV so I'll go ahead and post my latest setup. This is at my college dorm. Sorry it's a bit messy. In the process of packing up as I am going home for Christmas break next week. I have lot of stuff, more than I want. Pretty much everything in those boxes I am selling on CL or eBay( I buy and sell stuff ). Hoping to get rid of all of that before I come back. 

I am also going to rearrange my room as I am sitting to close to my TV right now

vTZd00X.jpg

And if it was life size, where would someone put that in there home?
My friend has a life sized Darth Maul in his living room, and he puts it right by the stairs, so when people come downstairs during the middle of the night half-awake they get the shit scared out of them, lol.

Well I got a new TV so I'll go ahead and post my latest setup. This is at my college dorm. Sorry it's a bit messy. In the process of packing up as I am going home for Christmas break next week. I have lot of stuff, more than I want. Pretty much everything in those boxes I am selling on CL or eBay( I buy and sell stuff ). Hoping to get rid of all of that before I come back.

I am also going to rearrange my room as I am sitting to close to my TV right now

vTZd00X.jpg
Must post when done re-arranging! ^__^

Only to sound like the old man that I am: When I was in college all I had was a 13" tv with no cable, a sega genesis that died after somehow getting sticky, and a vcr that didn't have a working rewind button. Kudos to ferrari racer for making me jealous.

Only to sound like the old man that I am: When I was in college all I had was a 13" tv with no cable, a sega genesis that died after somehow getting sticky, and a vcr that didn't have a working rewind button. Kudos to ferrari racer for making me jealous.
Going to take a stab at it, but mid 30s?

Chances are, when you were in college, the job market was better too... so, you had that going for you.

I always go study at a library because my room is too distracting LOL. I'm surprised I haven't play my game systems too much this semester. I know several people in my 4 years here that have dropped out and all they did was screw around playing games or watching tv.

I always go study at a library because my room is too distracting LOL. I'm surprised I haven't play my game systems too much this semester. I know several people in my 4 years here that have dropped out and all they did was screw around playing games or watching tv.
I just want to be clear I'm not hating. It's just impressive the nice setup you have. Sounds like you have your priorities right and that's all that matters. If I didn't spend so much on booze ...

And the comment about the job market is very true. I'm thankful for what I have now.

Oh no I didn't think you were hating at all.

Also i'm jealous about your job market at the time.

I'm currently majoring in graphic design and while there's plenty of opportunities around, the competition to get a job is intense. Should be interesting to see what happens when I graduate. 

Finally bought a house and finished with the basement remodel, so I will post mine.  Hoping to add more later once I've hung more posters and finished my computer desk area. Here's what I have so far:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23412]
                                                   [sharedmedia=gallery:images:23414]
                                                   [sharedmedia=gallery:images:23415]
                                                   [sharedmedia=gallery:images:23413]
                                                   [sharedmedia=gallery:images:23416]
                                                   [sharedmedia=gallery:images:23417]

Man, that TV stand is super nice. But I'm always amazed by the number of people who put stuff on top of their subwoofer. Unless your subwoofer is too weak/turned down, you're probably gonna hear some distorted bass. 

I ordered some shelves for my new place. Nothing major but I guess I gotta start now, since I won't be able to do shit during busy season. 

Wad yoo urder?
A cheap TV stand, one of those Sauder O'Sullivans, and this... book/display shelf, all from WM. Their shipping is slow as shit though I won't have them for another week. :whistle2:x

I hope I don't regret that cherry colored O'sullivan. I know you said it was pretty dark but given its price, I can't complain too much. And some of the reviews on WM have pictures where one of the sideboards are broken. That would suck.

A cheap TV stand, one of those Sauder O'Sullivans, and this... book/display shelf, all from WM. Their shipping is slow as shit though I won't have them for another week. :whistle2:x

I hope I don't regret that cherry colored O'sullivan. I know you said it was pretty dark but given its price, I can't complain too much. And some of the reviews on WM have pictures where one of the sideboards are broken. That would suck.
My advice on that is that make sure you be very careful when nailing in the cardboard, and not nail them too far to the edge, because the board will chip if you just start swinging your hammer willy-nilly. Other than that I've never had one arrived broken, so you should be fine. If you did site to store they usually have those thick sidings they add to furniture shipments, so that usually prevents the bulk of damage that could happen to the shelf. But yeah, once you get it, and put it together you should be happy with the results, especially with what you paid for the shelf. ^__^

Feels good to be home! I'm on Christmas break for 4 weeks so I went home. 

Here is a preview of my updated bedroom layout. This is my first time having all of my speakers set up together. Should be an epic experience.

E4H2Lgr.jpg

Minor Collection Update. It has been a year or so since I've last posted. 

Collector's/Limited/Boxed Stuff. It's nothing special. The only CE I paid full price for was Mass Effect 3, and it wasn't worth it. :lol: Next CE I'll get is Persona 5, and that's a promise. 

If you see dupes, it's because I got it for cheap. 

360 and Wii. My Wii Collection has definitely grown in the past year. Just need a few things here and there from the Wii and I'm done with it. 

As for the 360, I'm almost done with the ones I want, just need couple J/RPGs, a few of the console exclusives and the Region Free Shumps. Not shown in the 360 Section is Magna Carta 2 and Dead or Alive 5.

I would post more, but I haven't organized the PS3 section as much. Same for Anime and Blu Rays. But that's because I need a damn new shelf. 

There's an article in GI about the guy who has the world's largest collection. He has 11,000 games. It's hard to imagine a collection that's 7x the size of mine. 

EDIT* My shelves from WM where supposed to be in store on Monday. It's now Wednesday and there's still no update or sign of the shelves. God, WM sucks on so many levels. I'm actually free tonight so I could have built them but nope, WM has to fuck things up. 

Thing with collecting is it becomes a huge timesink to track and maintain. Not to mention the huge sums of money involved. There's barely any time to actually sit and enjoy your goods. Hell i have over 300 xbox 360 games a new xb1 with a dozen games and still not enough time to enjoy it. Too busy working to keep my mini collection going not to mention dlc. Dozens of games but you won't see many achievements done and progress takes awhile the backlog is so great

I remember when i was younger and a new nintendo game was a big thing because it was usually gifted around holidays and birthdays. When you got only a handful of new games a year you played them through to exhaustion. Between school which nobody cared about when your young gaming was only as much as you wanted to invest time-wise (which for me was alot).

Nowadays gamers are older and for the most part buy the games more often. Problem is most gamers complain when a game is too short but also rush through to beat the game as quickly as possible and grow impatient if they can't move on and fast. RPGs? used to take months and grinding was a given. Now most gamers are quick to mark how many hours it takes to beat a game. Gamers have grown older and more impatient it seems.

I hardly games anymore. I'm a senior in college and it takes up so much time.
if you go on to grad school, it only gets worse.

funny thing is, my senior year in undergrad i was able to schedule a good amount of free time to play. now, it is almost non existent because of school and work.

Oh goodness no I don't want to do grad school( graphic design student btw ). I just want to finish school already and get a decent job.

You should probably re-consider that masters. Having more education doesn't necessarily mean anything if there isn't a market for your profession in the first place. Might wanna read this before you spend more money/time in school. 

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Arts-and-Design/Graphic-designers.htm

My friend/co-workers GF is in graphic design and her life sounds pretty tough. She's doing work for Marvel Comics (and also received some work from their Parent, Disney) which is cool but she's doing freelance so she doesn't get any benefits and because the market is competitive, she only got the work because her asking price was low. She said she's doing it to build up a portfolio, which should help down the line. That's probably a good idea. 

bread's done
Back