Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='Pookymeister']Too many to post individually - but I just finished framing all my new video game art tonight....
[/QUOTE]

I like the Mario one, and the Ico one is interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I know I just posted my collection not too long ago, but here they are with a better camera so you can actually read the names of the games.

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

@tooshorty

where did you buy the black shelves that you have your PS1 games on? How about the ones your ps2 games are on? Those look pretty neat, id like to get some

[quote name='Tardcore']I have the same, if not similar, black bookshelf. I got it from Amazon. Let me see if I can find you a link.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S1CS3S
$94 bucks as of right now.[/QUOTE]

hmm wonder if he can confirm if this is the one he has. I actually searched and this one also comes up on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-38435617-Oskar/dp/B002UOPRPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300267136&sr=8-1

whats the difference? they appear to be the same thing but different numbers

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm wonder if he can confirm if this is the one he has. I actually searched and this one also comes up on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-38435617-Oskar/dp/B002UOPRPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300267136&sr=8-1

whats the difference? they appear to be the same thing but different numbers[/QUOTE]

There's a review on that page that will hopefully clear some things up:

I ordered this unit, thinking it was the Atlantic Oskar 1080 (product number 38435418). It's NOT. The shelves are cheaper, thinner, and poorly finished. Overall, a far inferior product, clearly a cheap replacement for the earlier "Oskar 1080." Only thing is, they are clearly trying to pass the new, chintzier one off as the same shelf. A bit sleazy.

It really pisses me off when a company like Atlantic substitutes an inferior product for an existing one, without making it clearer --- for instance, by changing the product name or picture. The box, when it arrived, said something like "formerly called Oskar," but it's a bit late to find that out, when it's already at your house!

Don't buy this one -- if you're going to get a "1080-CD" rack, find the "other" Oskar, with the product number 38435418. I think Best Buy still has them.

[quote name='slowdive21']got my 2 for 36.99 each at BB! They are wood colored though, but they are still the 1080 oskar.[/QUOTE]

CAF

Cheap Ass Furniture-buyer

[quote name='scum1']So I sprang for a large metal rack. Everything fits with plenty of room for future expansion.

newcollection.jpg
scum1
newcollection.jpg

scum1
[/QUOTE]

Where did you get that monster rack? I could seriously use one of those.

I got it at Frys but Amazon has it also. It's like 7 foot tall. I had 2 shelves left over. It depends on how you space them on how much you can fit. It is only 38 inches wide so it would be easy to put 2 side by side if needed. I did anchor it to the wall though so it does not tip over

http://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-6313...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1300577874&sr=1-22http://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-6313...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1300577874&sr=1-22

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Where did you get that monster rack? I could seriously use one of those.[/QUOTE]

Well, the time finally came... No more man cave, I had to pack it all up for our move.
It went from this:
28c7bb9a.jpg

To this:
46836820.jpg

3467ee31.jpg

All in two hours :(
I guess the good news is that I will soon have a new room too transform once I'm finished with the move. For some reason my wife thinks I should finish the rest of the house before I get to my geek lair. Jeesh, I know right?! Anyway, I'll get pics up as soon as I get the new and improved room finished.

[quote name='jedeyeben']Well, the time finally came... No more man cave, I had to pack it all up for our move. [/QUOTE]

Wow... that's a nice room. I wish I had a room that large but I don't know if I'd like staying in the basement. Ours is always freezing, not to mention the issues with condensation for collectors of sealed goods.:lol:

Lol yeah we moved pretty fast, there were like 5 of us and it was really just a box it up and go kind of thing.

And yes it was getting borderline cluttered but it was organized enough to enjoy. Like I said it was my mancave/room so it only had to cater to me and have a little extra room for some friends from time to time. I had networked the whole house so even when we had a game session we'd just use all the other rooms and run over xboxlive or ps network.
It'll be nice though when I get te new one all sorted out, it's going into a much bigger room so hopefully I'll be able to break out more of my collections than I had in this room and it won't look as full. I'll post something when it gets done but I think I had some more old pics back on like page 15 or 16 of this thread that showed it all better.
I have to say mine is by far inferior to alot of the collections everyone has posted on here, there are so many deep ones it's just amazing. I keep coming back to this to see what's new and maybe get some ideas so keep it up everyone!!

Lol yeah we moved pretty fast, there were like 5 of us and it was really just a box it up and go kind of thing.

And yes it was getting borderline cluttered but it was organized enough to enjoy. Like I said it was my mancave/room so it only had to cater to me and have a little extra room for some friends from time to time. I had networked the whole house so even when we had a game session we'd just use all the other rooms and run over xboxlive or ps network.
It'll be nice though when I get te new one all sorted out, it's going into a much bigger room so hopefully I'll be able to break out more of my collections than I had in this room and it won't look as full. I'll post something when it gets done but I think I had some more old pics back on like page 15 or 16 of this thread that showed it all better.
I have to say mine is by far inferior to alot of the collections everyone has posted on here, there are so many deep ones it's just amazing. I keep coming back to this to see what's new and maybe get some ideas so keep it up everyone!!

Man, I wish I could put together a setup like what a lot of you guys have. Between my room being fairly tiny and my intentions of not living here a whole lot longer I've decided I'm better off leaving everything boxed for now. When I move out I'll definitely want to set up something more organized like that.

Picked up some cheap plastic cages and strung them around my shelves. It came out pretty good. The pictures went all wonky, so they're on my blog rather than wasting space here.. But it looks cool all the same, I suppose. :p

Hmmm, where did you happen to find those cages? They certainly look versatile and practical and plus, my 10 year old Lego loving self is jumping at the chance to merge with my modern day collector self.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']Nike boxes, niceee (no sarcasm)

I am 23 and still use Nike boxes to hold random crap[/QUOTE]

Ya all those shoe boxes have shoes in them, im just too lazy to take them out :D

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Hmmm, where did you happen to find those cages? They certainly look versatile and practical and plus, my 10 year old Lego loving self is jumping at the chance to merge with my modern day collector self.[/QUOTE]

Local dollar store had them. They had them in red, too, but it just didn't go with the scheme.

This is the first time I've seen a collection with multiple copies and I'm just a little scared by that.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']This is the first time I've seen a collection with multiple copies and I'm just a little scared by that.[/QUOTE]

Not only is he the only person whose collection spans multiple copies but he's also apparently the only guy lifetime banned from FuncoLand. What a guy!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']This is the first time I've seen a collection with multiple copies and I'm just a little scared by that.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of collections here that have multiple copies. Maybe not too many with five copies of Chaos Wars, but it's still nothing worth being scared about. Unless he's spending your money, of course.

chaos wars was like $4 new on amazon a couple years back.

i bought like 10 copies, so its no surprise(the persona 3 w/ artbook is a little more out there $$$$$ wise, IMO).

and damn, peel your stickers you lazy ass gamer.

[quote name='quazz']Not only is he the only person whose collection spans multiple copies but he's also apparently the only guy lifetime banned from FuncoLand. What a guy![/QUOTE]

A guy whos username I have never seen until today. 1) Read the story 2) Look at my authored threads. I am a pillar of the community.

[quote name='salty tbone']There are plenty of collections here that have multiple copies. Maybe not too many with five copies of Chaos Wars, but it's still nothing worth being scared about. Unless he's spending your money, of course.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='StripesOrBars']chaos wars was like $4 new on amazon a couple years back.

i bought like 10 copies, so its no surprise(the persona 3 w/ artbook is a little more out there $$$$$ wise, IMO).

and damn, peel your stickers you lazy ass gamer.[/QUOTE]

A lot are from garage sales, but Chaos Wars is an exception. I am trying to see what I have, so I can start to thin it out. Usually I buy a game and keep it sealed until I want to play it, then I check ebay to see if they are selling low. If I can get the game for under $5 I just buy another copy and keep the sealed one.

Some games like persona 3, I never got around to playing, and they released multiple versions, so I had to keep rebuying it to have the newest version.

I tend to forget what games I own, so sometimes, I do end up with extras. I wish I would have kept my extras of Star Ocean instead of returning them.

The stickers are so I can remember what store they are from and what I paid for them, until I can get the properly organized.

I would also like to add that most games I pay very little for, since I shop sales, clearance, and used at Garage Sales.

Yea, some of my sealed copies are because I forgot I had a game. We have two copies of Rune Factory 2 for this reason. Also, we had like 4 copies of FES, because we kept finding them for ~$7 sealed. And I do have two copies of a lot of games. I'd buy one new, then a used play copy. For example, I did this with Blazing Souls Accelate, Mana Khemia 1&2, Deathsmiles, and Agarest. Sometimes, I buy two copies with the intentions of opening one, but I can't bring myself to do it, like Hyperdimension Neptunia and Atelier Rorona. I'm sure when Qoga becomes cheap, I'll have a second copy of that too.

[quote name='salty tbone']There are plenty of collections here that have multiple copies. Maybe not too many with five copies of Chaos Wars, but it's still nothing worth being scared about. Unless he's spending your money, of course.[/QUOTE]

He could be doing exactly that :hot: *Runs to go check*

I could understand one sealed and one open play copy, or maybe having more than one Lunar to catch all the disc variants; but beyond that I'm more used to thinking of duplicates as store stock rather than a collection. Personally I'd rather flip some of that stuff so I could acquire a wider selection of games :cool:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']He could be doing exactly that :hot: *Runs to go check*

I could understand one sealed and one open play copy, or maybe having more than one Lunar to catch all the disc variants; but beyond that I'm more used to thinking of duplicates as store stock rather than a collection. Personally I'd rather flip some of that stuff so I could acquire a wider selection of games :cool:[/QUOTE]

I am just trying to get all my games in one place ATM. I do plan to dump multiple copies of some of the stuff. I don't think anyone wants multiples of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, or GTA games, but when you buy a PS2 for $5-$10 and it comes with it, I take it home. :)

The sealed ones are harder to part with. I could make a few bucks now, but I most certainly can get more down the road. I am kicking myself for selling my sealed copies of SOTN and FFVII.

I would like to add every Genesis game and Gamecube game I bought at Garage Sales except for the sealed games: Resident evil (4.97), Bionicle (.97), Shadow the Hedgehog (.97) and Viewtiful Joe games (.97) all at Sears.

[quote name='slowdive21']

I would like to add every Genesis game and Gamecube game I bought at Garage Sales except for the sealed games: Resident evil (4.97), Bionicle (.97), Shadow the Hedgehog (.97) and Viewtiful Joe games (.97) all at Sears.[/QUOTE]

This is like a great courtroom drama where slowdrive stands trial for his collection photos...

[quote name='slowdive21']I finally got one of my shelves up. These are the majority of my PS2, Gamecube and Genesis games:

LOTS OF IMAGES[/QUOTE]

I am very jelly over the Mario Kart, Mario Party and Star Wars Rouge Squadron 3 copies. They're all way to expensive to justify buying nowadays.

bread's done
Back