Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='wiggyx']

DSC02629.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Man... the previous owner of your house had really... crappy taste in design. Are you going to remove that last corner shelf? It seems like an eyesore in your otherwise classy place.

And you really need to do something about that ceiling.:lol:

No way, that ceiling is awesome. I need something fancy like that in my house. I need some shelves too. And new paint. And maybe some drywall and insulation.

[quote name='ZombieToast']No way, that ceiling is awesome. I need something fancy like that in my house. I need some shelves too. And new paint. And maybe some drywall and insulation.[/QUOTE]

sure you didnt forget to mention the kitchen sink?

That's one of the few parts of the house that's actually nice, especially since I installed our new faucet. Garbage disposal would be nice, though, so let's add that to the list.

[quote name='ZombieToast']No way, that ceiling is awesome. I need something fancy like that in my house. I need some shelves too. And new paint. And maybe some drywall and insulation.[/QUOTE]

That ceiling patten looks exactly like our old kitchen floor.

Man, we're talking more like interior designers than gamers...:whistle2:S

Alright people, come on, lets see some more collections!!

[quote name='kayne2000']sweet set up there wiggyx[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Wiggyx, those posters are SICK![/QUOTE]

Thank you too!

I wish they were originals :/

[quote name='Squarehard']So much extra space...*drool*[/QUOTE]

:cool: Hopefully I can start filling it up this fall with an arcade cabinet or two!

[quote name='Vinny']Man... the previous owner of your house had really... crappy taste in design. Are you going to remove that last corner shelf? It seems like an eyesore in your otherwise classy place.

And you really need to do something about that ceiling.:lol:[/QUOTE]

OMG, tell me about it. The corner shelf must stay (although I plan on revising it) because the gas meter comes through the wall right there :mad: Trust me, I really wanna drywall the ceiling, but it's pretty low on the to-do priority list right now :(

It's such a headache. Those stupid little squares are all that holds the stupid drop ceiling up, and they are starting to randomly fall out. So, I put longer drywall screws through 'em and hope they stay put for a few more years. Total headache.

[quote name='Vinny']That ceiling patten looks exactly like our old kitchen floor.

Man, we're talking more like interior designers than gamers...:whistle2:S

Alright people, come on, lets see some more collections!![/QUOTE]

Haha! Well, the dork caves need to look decent ;)

[quote name='elessar123']That ceiling makes me think of shogi.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll throw some velcro up there and make some pieces to make it happen :p

If that's crappy, I'd love to see outstanding. I was going to post my collection,but after seeing that as crappy, I have second thoughts.
Also, +1 for No Mercy being in the 64, that game still rocks to this day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any pics of a collection is a good collection. Don't be shy, we all friends here, except for that small period of time when SoB was here, but he's banned, so no worries. :D

Show us what you has Mack!

Also, made another frankenshelf out of leftover shelves from other stands.

48787422.jpg

19334919.jpg

And with frankenshelf, freed up more storage space again! yay!
12436312.jpg

[quote name='Squarehard']
Also, made another frankenshelf out of leftover shelves from other stands.

48787422.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Protip: if you get one of those foam poster boards, you can cut out a pretty nice splitter shelf so that when you pull out a game from the 2nd or lower shelf, the items that are directly above that item won't fall down!:)

[quote name='Vinny']Protip: if you get one of those foam poster boards, you can cut out a pretty nice splitter shelf so that when you pull out a game from the 2nd or lower shelf, the items that are directly above that item won't fall down!:)[/QUOTE]

I may have to do that, although since all the DVDs are aligned exactly, I can just slide the ones on top straight up, without messing with DVDs in the other rows, which is kind of neat. XD

I just posted an updated pic of my collection about 2 months ago, but I might update it again soon. Started broadening my horizons a bit.

[quote name='clonesniper666']This is the only Part of my games that I even consider a collection:

Games
Guides

This is still a work in progress but I got all of the main series and a few of the spinoff series.[/QUOTE]

Squaredance!

[quote name='KtMack23']Squarehead, I took pics tonight, but I'm too tired I'll post them in the morning.[/QUOTE]

His name is SquareHARD. Lol, don't feel bad. I read it as Squarehead almost every single time too.

So, just finished the last few covers for the ol' SNES collection. Here's a crummy phone pic. Now I just need to start picking up SNES games again :)

e54518ce.jpg

And, I got all the portables cased up too (except for one GBA SP) including the 3DS that's on its way back to me according to Nintendo! Woot! I bought 3 broken 3DS systems that were store returns. All 3 were still under warranty. Spent about 60 a pop for each. They were essentially brand new in the box, just didn't work.

993c252d.jpg

And for the heck of it, here's Izzy doing her super duper slow-mo leap from her bed :p

c9c4381b.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']Bar is gone and Olly knockoffs are up!

[STAR WARS POSTERS]

Time to start working on the new shelving system...[/QUOTE]

Those aren't in the right order..

OK, here is my collection so far. I'm still in High school so go easy on me.

Let's get the boring stuff out of the way, Here is my T.V. and consoles.

20120626231100.jpg

Here is my N64 (With cover removed to show expansion pack) I just have this in my closet, don't play it enough.

20120626231141.jpg

Controllers

20120626231048.jpg

Now to the collection

20120626231335.jpg

20120626230815.jpg

20120626230824.jpg

20120626230754.jpg

20120626230800.jpg

20120626230808.jpg

20120626230735.jpg

20120626230741.jpg

20120626230747.jpg

20120626230704.jpg

20120626230716.jpg

20120626230728.jpg

Pics of Game Carts
20120626230910.jpg

Import game is a SMT game
20120626230919.jpg

Pics of GBA Boxes
20120626230846.jpg

And That's it. :D Hope you like it

[quote name='kayne2000']lol at that dog[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KtMack23']Epic dog pic[/QUOTE]

She's a pro sleeper LOL!

[quote name='doodmandood']Those aren't in the right order..[/QUOTE]

In the correct order, they look odd (color-wise). The orange and red right next to each other seemed weird when I hung them up in the proper order.

[quote name='KtMack23']OK, here is my collection so far. I'm still in High school so go easy on me.

And That's it. :D Hope you like it[/QUOTE]

Looks good! Are those custom spines for the .hack games, or did they just come like that?

[quote name='wiggyx']
Looks good! Are those custom spines for the .hack games, or did they just come like that?[/QUOTE]

Those are the retail covers, they have the best spine art of any game I've ever seen lol.

[quote name='KtMack23']

And That's it. :D Hope you like it[/QUOTE]

I don't get why you didn't want to post your stuff... pretty nice collection you got going!:D

[quote name='KtMack23']OK, here is my collection so far. I'm still in High school so go easy on me.[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty good collection even for people who aren't in High School, so pew pew! ^__^

I'll be making some new shelving sometime this summer to replace all the oddball shelves that I'm currently using (because they're freakin' built in). Dunno if you saw model/photoshop job a few pages back.

From this...

rev1compositecopy2.jpg

...to this (hopefully).

rev1compositecopy.jpg

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Here's pics of my SNES collection
[/QUOTE]

Great collection!

So many great RPGs on the SNES... I'm still missing many of them, especially Earthbound.

Well my collection was decimated by lowball after lowball that went towards paying for my Arcade addiction. Now that I'm cooling on the arcade PCB's I'm returning to the joy that is console gaming. Set up a sweet XRB CRT in the cave and am now preparing to restock my shelves with some retro goodness.

Anyways, still a work in progress but here is the hideout:
65da8dd4.jpg

d11b2dde.jpg

d81d9159.jpg

1a1aca55.jpg

Nice, clean setup. I like.

On a side note, why do I see so many people with their TVs set to 16:9 when playing old school games?

Awesome setup Ash. For some reason the standout item for me is that Sega stool. That looks quite bad ass.

How much did those machines cost you roughly? They look beautiful.

[quote name='wiggyx']On a side note, why do I see so many people with their TVs set to 16:9 when playing old school games?[/QUOTE]

For some poeple, like me, it drives me insane to have the black bars on the side. Don't know why, but black bars on a screen are not my friend. Also, some older tube TVs like that may not have an option to change screen ratio, so who knows. XD

Each machine was a different price and were beat to shit when I got them. I did total restos on all of them. Of which the New Astro City was the most expensive, (A) because parts are scarce, and (B) because I had to have the thing shipped in from Utah!

I, like Squarehard do like the black bars, they distract me and annoy the crap out of me. The TV has the option to switch ratios but I always expand the pic.

What kind of stools are those? They look like they might have some logo/design on them? I'm in need of some arcade stools. Just curious as to what you're using.

[quote name='Stick821']What kind of stools are those? They look like they might have some logo/design on them? I'm in need of some arcade stools. Just curious as to what you're using.[/QUOTE]

Here is the stool, I'm using these until my Smith & Wesson stools come in.

f7010023.jpg

[quote name='Ash Burton']
65da8dd4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What's that white Sega arcade? I've never seen one like that before... even has a matching stool.

The white cab is called a New Astro City. In Japan all the arcade games look like this (washing machine style). They were never really brought to the states so they can be pretty pricey to track down unless you live on the west coast. It has a huge monitor and the screen can rotate to play vertical or horizontal. Great cab, by far my second favorite after the Neo Geo.

9fca86b8.jpg

b9e60fce.jpg

a59bb425.jpg
8ce77575.jpg

If you want to check out a cool upcoming film about Japanese arcades, may I suggest 100 Yen, The Last Coin. I lived in Japan for two years so this cab is a little bit of Japan brought home to me.

http://vimeo.com/17833130

I have been enjoying lurking this thread for a while and though I would post up some pics of my collection, too.

Here are a couple of pics of the setup(s):

These are the consoles/PCs/sound system
IMG_2051.jpg

Just the consoles and sound system set up
IMG_2046.jpg

Just the PC set up
IMG_2047.jpg

My AV tower with the Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver, my 60gb backwards compatible PS3, and my Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360 (hey, it was a great deal on Amazon Warehouse!)
IMG_2054.jpg

These are most of my retro consoles. I still have a top loader NES and games in the garage that I need to make room for.
IMG_2052.jpg

My TV, center speaker, Wii, and media player stuff.
IMG_2053.jpg

That's my right surround speaker alongside my statues and some of the SDCC stuff I've accumulated over the years. They're sitting on some custom floating shelves my friend made for me. Can you tell I'm a comic book nerd? All my comics are in storage, and I'm hoping I can make some room for a comic library in the house soonish.
IMG_2048.jpg

This is my left surround speaker by the media shelves.
IMG_2050.jpg

Here are some pics of the games. I still have NES games, N64 boxes, Genesis boxes, GB, GBC, GBA, NGPC, Game Gear games in the garage/storage that I need to find room for.

These are the media shelves currently housing everything.
IMG_2049.jpg

Some SNES boxes and PS3 special edition boxes
IMG_2055.jpg

US Saturn games and some GBA games that I have with me
IMG_2056.jpg

Big Box PS1 games and Little Big Planet 2 special edition with the Domo-kuns
IMG_2057.jpg

The rest are just a mish mash of closer pictures of my games.
IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

Have a happy Independence Day, everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back