Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Nice collection, pip. I have that same Samsung Touch of Color LCD tv in my game room in a 46". Your receiver is better than mine as I have the Onkyo 607 in my main surround, but it works good enough.

Man, that's a nice set up. :applause: I wanna have a set up like that some day with a nice, wide shelves for all of my games and enough room for my surround sound (which is nowhere near as nice as yours).

You need a better camera though.. I can't make out any of your PS1 games.:lol:

I'll take some closer shots of my PS1 games when I take the other photos, so you can make out the PS1 titles. I think it's not so much my camera, but the resizing of the photos in photobucket.

[quote name='notorious_pip']I have been enjoying lurking this thread for a while and though I would post up some pics of my collection, too.

Here are a couple of pics of the setup(s):

These are the consoles/PCs/sound system
IMG_2051.jpg

Just the consoles and sound system set up
IMG_2046.jpg

Just the PC set up
IMG_2047.jpg

My AV tower with the Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver, my 60gb backwards compatible PS3, and my Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360 (hey, it was a great deal on Amazon Warehouse!)
IMG_2054.jpg

These are most of my retro consoles. I still have a top loader NES and games in the garage that I need to make room for.
IMG_2052.jpg

My TV, center speaker, Wii, and media player stuff.
IMG_2053.jpg

That's my right surround speaker alongside my statues and some of the SDCC stuff I've accumulated over the years. They're sitting on some custom floating shelves my friend made for me. Can you tell I'm a comic book nerd? All my comics are in storage, and I'm hoping I can make some room for a comic library in the house soonish.
IMG_2048.jpg

This is my left surround speaker by the media shelves.
IMG_2050.jpg

Here are some pics of the games. I still have NES games, N64 boxes, Genesis boxes, GB, GBC, GBA, NGPC, Game Gear games in the garage/storage that I need to find room for.

These are the media shelves currently housing everything.
IMG_2049.jpg

Some SNES boxes and PS3 special edition boxes
IMG_2055.jpg

US Saturn games and some GBA games that I have with me
IMG_2056.jpg

Big Box PS1 games and Little Big Planet 2 special edition with the Domo-kuns
IMG_2057.jpg

The rest are just a mish mash of closer pictures of my games.
IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

Have a happy Independence Day, everybody![/QUOTE]

bonus points for having no mercy in the n64. also there is a dbz sega genesis game???? why did i not know this...

Here are some more pics of the stuff that I dug up.

Here are closer pics of my PS1 games that Vinny requested. Hopefully they're clear enough.
IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

I found my NES top loader and a bin full of games. Gotta love Crash 'n the Boys Street Challenge. The games lying around are Super Dodge Ball, River City Ransom, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Manhattan Project.
IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

Here are my regular GB and GBC games. I think I have more lying around somewhere in storage. All the boxes are definitely in storage.
IMG_2102.jpg

I found this guy after I took the initial pic.
IMG_2120.jpg

This is my GBA collection. All the boxes are in storage. I think I might have a game here or there that I haven't found, but this is most of it.
IMG_2104.jpg

This is the Neo Geo Pocket Color collection. I played the hell out of it as you can tell by the condition of the system.
IMG_2105.jpg

The rest of the pics are of most of the sticks I own. The rest I didn't feel like digging out. I love me some fighting games.
IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg
IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

[quote name='kayne2000']bonus points for having no mercy in the n64. also there is a dbz sega genesis game???? why did i not know this...[/QUOTE]

It's Dragon Ball Z Buu Yuu Retsuden, but like everybody else said, it was never released in the U.S. It's a Japanese release. It's a watered down version of the Super Butouden series on the Super Famicom.

[quote name='mars009']Pip how many of those have you gone through? I can't imagine the hours all that would require.[/QUOTE]

I have played through most if not all of the stuff through the 32-bit/Dreamcast/N64 era, since that took me through the end of high school. During the PS2/Xbox/GC era, I think I've played maybe through 30% of those games, and it just decreases from there. Careers fund the hobby, but they sure kill the free time.

Thats an awesome collection notorious_pip.

Here is my own primary collection. Only PC Games for a change.

img51512i.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been lurking on all your collections for such a long time, that it's convincing me to take pictures of my games as soon as they're more organized. And some of you have given me great ideas as well. Thanks!

[quote name='Ickis99']Thats an awesome collection notorious_pip.

Here is my own primary collection. Only PC Games for a change.

img51512i.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very nice collection. There are rarely any people who keep PC games with their original boxes.

[quote name='notorious_pip']Ickis99, that is a nice change of pace for a game collection, especially in the face of Steam these days.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention piracy...

Once I get all my stuff unpacked from my move, I'll take some pics of my collection, it's really nothing special..the oldest stuff I have now after a purge is PS2.

I like the boxed PC games though! I kept a few of mine, with the box - IIRC, Starcraft, Age of Empires II and a couple others I can't think of right now.

I was going to post in this thread(Wait, this IS a post!), but I looked at two posts on page 135 and became angry and jealous. I'm going to go lie down. Gonna go... Lie doooown...

[quote name='Spooks']I was going to post in this thread(Wait, this IS a post!), but I looked at two posts on page 135 and became angry and jealous. I'm going to go lie down. Gonna go... Lie doooown...[/QUOTE]

Dooooooooo it, you won't! (Post your collection that is!)

[quote name='notorious_pip']Ickis99, that is a nice change of pace for a game collection, especially in the face of Steam these days.[/QUOTE]

Steam is the big problem i have with collecting these games. It doesnt feel like i own the games any more and whenever Valve feels like it they could deactivate my account or something and then i can trash these boxes. Fortunately there are still many old pieces missing from a time before online-activation :)

[quote name='Vinny']Very nice collection. There are rarely any people who keep PC games with their original boxes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It doesnt surprise me, i´ve never seen boxes that big with any console game (except maybe collectors editions). If i run out of space we will have to move to a bigger place. Well, as long as i dont use as much space for my games and stuff as she does for her clothes alone she really cant complain ;)

At least i got one extra closet i can use for my secondary collection (games i havent played and catalogued yet)

img_5155xgukhw.jpg

[quote name='KtMack23']There is a grey cartridge version of DK64? How did I not know this?[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but it looks like it has the red "Not for Resale" underneath the title so I'm guessing kiosk copy?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I could be wrong but it looks like it has the red "Not for Resale" underneath the title so I'm guessing kiosk copy?[/QUOTE]

Also has the "RP" (rating pending) ESRB sticker on it. Definitely either a review copy or some sort of demo cartridge.

[quote name='Capsuledragon']
15hlmb6.jpg

It's a special 3 level demo and it has some beta content on it too!

I did a huge article on it here: http://micro-64.com/features/dk64nfr.shtml

I spent $340 on it. It's a very rare cart and there hasn't been another one publicly sold since.[/QUOTE]

Nice, is that a Clay Fighter Sculpter's Cut I see next to it as well? I've got one myself, picked it up a while ago at Game Crazy because they had it priced the same as the regular edition ( less that $10 if I remember correctly). Anyway I thought I had sold it off on EBay a long time ago but I tore apart all my boxes of games and managed to find it.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Wow that's pretty cool, but I couldn't spend that much on a demo.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it is a lot. But it's a game from my childhood and it had beta content on it so I went for it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Nice, is that a Clay Fighter Sculpter's Cut I see next to it as well? I've got one myself, picked it up a while ago at Game Crazy because they had it priced the same as the regular edition ( less that $10 if I remember correctly). Anyway I thought I had sold it off on EBay a long time ago but I tore apart all my boxes of games and managed to find it.[/QUOTE]
That's how I got my copy. $10 at a Pawn Shop. I actually left the price sticker on because of how pleased I was with that find. Do you by any chance have the box or manual for your copy?

[quote name='Capsuledragon']Yeah it is a lot. But it's a game from my childhood and it had beta content on it so I went for it.

That's how I got my copy. $10 at a Pawn Shop. I actually left the price sticker on because of how pleased I was with that find. Do you by any chance have the box or manual for your copy?[/QUOTE]

Haha, god no but I wish I did, those things go for a mint.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Haha, god no but I wish I did, those things go for a mint.[/QUOTE]

The cart has gone up in value significantly in the past few weeks. Literally it was an $60-80 game and now it's going for $130+. The ones with better labels are selling for more.

The box and manual are ridiculously expensive as well.

[quote name='wiggyx']:hot:[/QUOTE]

Money well spent. No regrets.

[quote name='Capsuledragon']
Money well spent. No regrets.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Stuff like that will only appreciate since they're true collectors items.

Thought i'd finally post my current setup. I just moved back from after finishing university - so this is hopefully a temporary setup because I want to move into a place with my girlfriend and start working.

Xbox 360 / Blu Ray / Manga Collection

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

Desk Setup

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

250GB Xbox 360
Logitech Z4 Speakers
Asus VH242H Gaming Monitor - 1080p, HDMI, 5MS (would like to upgrade to 27" eventually)
Apple Wireless Keyboard (US Lion version)
Gigabyte M6800 Mouse
iPhone 4 16GB with dock
2010 MacBook Pro 2.4GHZ, 8GB RAM, 250HDD
Logik LBD1000 Blu Ray Player
Muji Aluminum Pen Pot

It's not the greatest, but it gets the job done, and its nice a tidy. I normally use my Apple Magic Mouse but when I play steam I get this one out. Like I said upgrading the monitor to 27" and upgrading my MacBook Pro are the next things but won't be for a while yet.

Photos taken with my Canon 60D 17-85mm IS lens!

I don't mind that part so much; I just think they're ugly and it looks like some of the titles are slightly squished. Or maybe it just feels that way.

[quote name='elessar123']Yea, that would drive me insane. Especially since there's no pattern for where on the spine is appears.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't mind the PEGI ratings but I hate that they're all over the place.

I literally ran out of room this past weekend. I still plan on the total shelving overhaul, but this should help me get along until then.

Bye old oddball shelves and goofy storage area
75fad401.jpg

New, big-ass slide out controller drawer. Just needs some dividers
cfc3985e.jpg

167ea34d.jpg

New, shorter shelves so I can actually fit all of my consoles that aren't hooked up without having to pile them on top of each other.$
281e9aee.jpg

8be30490.jpg

Just gotta build 2 more shelves tomorrow and it'll be good to go!

Also, $I recall a couple of folks being concerned that I was gonna tear out all the old wood shelving and toss it. $I've only used recycled materials so far. The wood is from what I tore out, the drawer pull is from a door on an unused pantry in the laundry room, and the slides are from $our old kitchen cabinets/drawers leftover from our remodeling 3 years ago. $I only tossed out one small plank of 1x8 because it split into a few unusable pieces when I pulled it out :)

Thanks!

I'm gonna try and finish it up today. Need to install 2 more shelves and then see if I have enough plywood or MDF to place behind them (that hole is about 3 feet deep, and I really only need about 12" or so to fit the consoles). I think I may even add a little lighting. I've got gobs of LEDs and LED strips sitting around, may as well make use of em!

Man, where did all those dollar signs come from? I copied and pasted from the notepad on my phone and those all magically showed up it seems. WTF?!

bread's done
Back