Your favorite 360 game that no one else liked?

Archaic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Yeah, we get this thread once in a while, but I haven't seen it in a bit, and I was looking to recommend/read recommendations, so...

Conan - I liked this game enough to beat it, and I didn't even beat God of War 3. It controls well, features multiple fighting styles (two-handed, shield, polearm, etc) and is well-paced. Reviews mentioned glitches, but I don't recall ever seeing any. A great buy for 10-ish dollars, IMHO.

Blue Dragon - It's not my favorite, but I did enjoy it. There is a lot of hate for it though. It does drag on at times and your trio is pretty overpowered for most of the fights, but it was fun playing through the story. No way in hell would I try to get 1000/1000 points out of it though.

I know I just mentioned this in another thread earlier today, but I loved Bionic Commando. Yeah, the story was terrible and the poison walls were hard to spot, but I found that as soon as I gave up on trying to collect all the little floating thingys and just tried swinging around and shooting guys and whatever I had a blast with it. Some really cool boss fights in there, and by the time you gain all your abilities you feel like a total badass.

Viva Pinata. I loved the game, even got 1000/1000 on it, got Trouble in Paradise and obtained 1 of 1000 limited edition Chocodoculuses by getting all of the plant/pinata awards(Like 840 awards I think)

Most people think it looks like a child game but I enjoyed it despite being mostly into gears/halo/modern warfare

Too Human

Genre: Action RPG

Features: Third person shooter + Coop. The story is a futuristic retelling of Norse mythology. It has guns, and the farmy/grindy aspect of Diablo, along with a semi basic talent tree.

Why people didn't like it: Weird controls, especially melee which revolves around swinging around the right analogue stick. Also, it takes a LOT OF FARMING to see armor sets drop, which yields an achievement.

Why I liked it: There aren't enough Diablo-esque RPGs with guns, simply enough. I dunno. I got addicted to it through the demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kane & Lynch-Had a very good story and was very well written but the game play was a little too average for some, but I really enjoyed it a lot.

I liked fracture, the ground shifting was a new element in a game that I hadn't seen before and I thought it worked pretty good for a first attempt. It was a pretty good game really, not sure why it got so much hate. I'd say for a $15-$20 purchase it's a good pick up and play through.

Red Fraction, seemed like a lot of people were talking about this and playing it when it first came out, but the amount of people playing it seemed to fall rather quickly. I really enjoyed the game, both multiplayer and single player.

I definitely second Bionic Commando. The difficulty/glitches were annoying, but the swinging was way better than any Spiderman game. Also by GRIN, I liked (not loved) Wanted: WoF.

[quote name='asaraa']Would Crackdown qualify? I absolutely loved it. Probably my favorite 360 game.[/QUOTE]

I had a lot of fun with Crackdown as well. It was definitely a surprise game for me.

I feel I should add The Saboteur to the list, as well. Seems like it's overlooked. I have friends asking me about it (that usually play the latest games, even), and I can't express enough love for it.

I'd go with Kane & Lynch as well. Good, gritty story, and the gameplay wasn't as bad as some made it out to be. Plus playing it in co-op makes it much better (as it does with most other games).

I think I probably also enjoyed The Force Unleashed and the first Assassin's Creed much more than most other people.

Hitman: Blood Money (seriously, I love this game and I cannot wait for the next one!!!), Conan and Shadowrun. Bionic Commando was okay.

[quote name='FrankySox']Red Fraction[/quote]

and its sequel, Blue Denominator.

Kameo: Elements of Power. I fucking love that game. I also loved Prince of Persia. I don't remember many people liking that all that much, but who knows.

Spider-man 3 - beat it with 750 + gamerscore and still go back to it to try to increase my score, plus it's just loads of fun swinging around the city.

I love Deadly Premonition, especially with Twin Peaks custom soundtrack

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rhett']Too Human
Features: Third person shooter + Coop. The story is a futuristic retelling of Greek mythology (Odin, Hydras, that type of thing). It has guns, and the farmy/grindy aspect of Diablo, along with a semi basic talent tree.
[/QUOTE]

Too Human uses chiefly Norse mythology, not Greek.
Norse - Odin, Thor, Loki, Fenrir etc.
Greek - Zeus, Ares, Hercules, Hydra etc.

My list'd be Bionic Commando, Dead Rising and Chromehounds.

[quote name='Scorch']Hitman: Blood Money (seriously, I love this game and I cannot wait for the next one!!!), Conan and Shadowrun. Bionic Commando was okay.

and its sequel, Blue Denominator.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was the prequel.

[quote name='BigPopov']Sacred 2[/QUOTE]

This. Though once two people like it, it doesn't really qualify for this thread anymore I suppose. :D

I'll say The Godfather II. Not without it's issues, but I had a ton of fun with it, enough to 1000/1000 it anyway.

Disney Pixar's Up. 2nd favorite movie-based game I've ever played (best being X-Men Origins: Wolverine)

The game just works on every level. Brings back fond memories from the movie, good 2-player co-op even with a young one (no forcing them to drop out every 10 minutes like the LEGO games), a few interesting puzzles including boss-fight solutions, and an interesting multi-tiered collection system (I had almost as much fun squashing bugs as I did crushing limbs/heads off of dead bodies in Dead Space).

Also: Viking: Battle for Asgard is fun, even though it feels like a 50% unfinished demo/beta. You also have to supply your own music soundtrack, I think they forgot to include one.

[quote name='chakan']I love Dark Premonition, especially with Twin Peaks custom soundtrack[/QUOTE]
I'm not nitpicking, just purely helping with this one in case anyone else wants to take your recommendation: Deadly Premonition.

[quote name='looploop']Too Human uses chiefly Norse mythology, not Greek.
Norse - Odin, Thor, Loki, Fenrir etc.
Greek - Zeus, Ares, Hercules, Hydra etc.

My list'd be Bionic Commando, Dead Rising and Chromehounds.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I never pay attention to stories anyway. /fix'd

[quote name='saunderscowie']Shadowrun, still one of the best FPS on 360.. - Needs a sequel.[/QUOTE]

A couple people have mentioned that now... might have to check it out. That's multiplayer only though, right?

[quote name='brkptr']A couple people have mentioned that now... might have to check it out. That's multiplayer only though, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes multiplayer only, I've never played it though so I can't tell if anyone still plays it.

[quote name='2DMention']Culdcept Saga[/QUOTE]

I salute you if you played that, loved it, and were good at it. I watched my friend kill an hour on a fight only to lose.

I wanna say Lost Odyssey for me, but I don't think it was a hated game, but more one that got compared to Final Fantasy games way too much...of course it was with good reason.

bread's done
Back