Your favorite 360 game that no one else liked?

[quote name='saunderscowie']Shadowrun, still one of the best FPS on 360.. - Needs a sequel.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree.

I have two copies just so I can at least play system link with bots with at least one friend. haha

[quote name='Kerig']I'm not nitpicking, just purely helping with this one in case anyone else wants to take your recommendation: Deadly Premonition.[/QUOTE]Haha, thanks, I was tired. Fixing my original post.

Thanks.

[quote name='Cloyd']

I wanna say Lost Odyssey for me, but I don't think it was a hated game, but more one that got compared to Final Fantasy games way too much...of course it was with good reason.[/QUOTE]

I'd play Lost Odyssey over any modern Final Fantasy. What a great game. Amazing soundtrack, too.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Frontlines: Fuel of War[/QUOTE]

I kind of have an interest in playing this, but I keep passing it up

[quote name='KaneRobot']MK vs DC Universe.[/QUOTE]

Played this again the other day...was happy to see it still had an online community

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Lots of people hated Dead Rising and I think it's one of the best :360: titles.[/QUOTE]

Why was it hated? I still play this.

I'm going to go with a game that hasn't been mentioned yet...

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard.

It's a 3rd person, cover-based shooter. Where you would be fighting your way through different video game atmospheres while shooting zombies, cowboys, evil women, 2D Wolfenstein German soldiers and a bunch of other stereotypical video game baddies. The entire game is a parody of lots of other shooting games. Just turn your brain off and enjoy.

I liked this game more because of the voice-over talents from Will Arnett and Neil Patrick Harris.

Will Arnett made Matt Hazard sound like a PG Duke Nukem (in a good way). I thought it was a very funny game and you can grab it for around 10 bucks now.

What's sad is that I spent a couple hours combing the internet to see if Matt Hazard was even a real video game character before this game. My conclusion? I still have no freaking idea if the whole backstory to this game was fabricated. Someone help!

It's not a retail game, but my vote's for Space Giraffe on XBLA. It's very much a love-it-or-hate-it game. I obviously fall in the love-it camp, enough so that to this day I consider it my all-time favorite XBLA game and quite possibly favorite 360 game overall. :)

[quote name='brkptr']A couple people have mentioned that now... might have to check it out. That's multiplayer only though, right?[/QUOTE]

It's multiplayer only, but I'm pretty sure you can play it offline with bots.

[quote name='PepsiDriver']

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard.

What's sad is that I spent a couple hours combing the internet to see if Matt Hazard was even a real video game character before this game. My conclusion? I still have no freaking idea if the whole backstory to this game was fabricated. Someone help![/QUOTE]

Going to second this. I dug it, though I haven't finished yet. @PepsiDriver, 100% of it is fabricated for the game, which makes it that more entertaining, the level they realized their game concept.

Shadowrun, Prince of Persia, Call of Duty 3 (single player and multiplayer especially), Too Human, Quantum of Solace, Brothers in Arms, Wolfenstein, Timeshift, All Pro Football 2K8, The Wheelman, and Dark Void. I tend to play these games more, and enjoy them more, than some of the "AAA" titles out there.

Also going to throw in Enchanted Arms...I actually liked it until something else came along and distracted me from it. I should probably go back and finish it.

[quote name='GhostShark']I'd play Lost Odyssey over any modern Final Fantasy. What a great game. Amazing soundtrack, too.[/QUOTE]

A Lost Odyssey fan and you love Dexter? I think I found a new CAG friend, lol.

[quote name='dennisb407']

Why was it hated? I still play this.[/QUOTE]

Dead Rising was hated mostly because of the save system, "time clock", and the fact it was designed for multiple play-throughs to fully appreciate.

[quote name='Cloyd']A Lost Odyssey fan and you love Dexter? I think I found a new CAG friend, lol.[/QUOTE]

Two of the greatest things to grace this world!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Dead Rising was hated mostly because of the save system, "time clock", and the fact it was designed for multiple play-throughs to fully appreciate.[/QUOTE]

There's also the fact you couldn't read anything without an HDTV. Which, seeing how I have one now, I should see about playing that again.

[quote name='JStryke']There's also the fact you couldn't read anything without an HDTV. Which, seeing how I have one now, I should see about playing that again.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea that's right, definitely a mistake on Capcom's part. Yes, you should it really is a great game. :applause:

i would say world at war. most ppl didnt like it mabe because it was from treyarch or or the mp40 juggs but i had a blast and it was my favorite out of the whole cod series

I enjoyed Fracture. The terrain modification was interesting to use, I would definitely like to see more games with that.

Not nearly as bad as people said it was but Onechanbara. The whole weird Japanese factor made this one at least engaging on that angle. Where else can you find a zombie slayer that walks around in a bikini, a cowboy hat, and high heels?

Crazy stuff. The fact that this actually spawned a series and a full-blown theatrical movie is even crazier.

It also brought about probably one of the funniest reviews ever. 1Up.com's review of this game is absolutely hilarious.

Definately Section 8, amazing multiplayer that almost nobody played. Frontlines: Fuel of War was good. Dark Sector was surprisingly fun.

While not my 'favorite', I'm finding Velvet Assassin to be perfectly decent, and playable. It's hardcore slow, methodical stealth, and you're pretty much dead if you make one wrong move, so I can understand how it would piss off someone looking to run around stabbing Nazis.

Rockstar Table Tennis. I bought this game when it came out to support the idea of forty dollar 360 games and I really ended up enjoying it (alone).

[quote name='aspen1284']Dark Sector... Never heard anything about it, but I loved it![/QUOTE]
Ditto. Awesome $10 or less game.

[quote name='koopa213']prototype! feels great to be a super being[/QUOTE]
YES! YES! Played this game for 5 1/2 hours straight from the first time I put it in the 360. Definitely stays in the collection.

[quote name='Pck21']Shadowrun, Prince of Persia, Call of Duty 3 (single player and multiplayer especially), Too Human, Quantum of Solace, Brothers in Arms, Wolfenstein, Timeshift, All Pro Football 2K8, The Wheelman, and Dark Void. I tend to play these games more, and enjoy them more, than some of the "AAA" titles out there.[/QUOTE]
TimeShift=Awesome & Underrated.

Earth Defense Force 2017 and Onechanbara.. I bought both for full price at launch. So fucking worth it... moreso on EDF.

Oh, and Bullet Witch is great too.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "The Darkness". One of the best story-driven, character-driven games ever.

[quote name='ricoraney']I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "The Darkness". One of the best story-driven, character-driven games ever.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure The Darkness was pretty well accepted by people... just not a lot bought it. It has great story because of TopCow... I mean, you put TopCow on something, it turns fucking gold.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Rockstar Table Tennis. I bought this game when it came out to support the idea of forty dollar 360 games and I really ended up enjoying it (alone).[/QUOTE]

I love Rockstar Table Tennis. I remember playing this with some co-workers years ago for hours on end. Such a great game. I would welcome a sequel with open arms.

[quote name='VipFREAK']This thread is a perfect example since no one mentioned it yet.

RSV1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

...Do you not understand the point of this thread?

I can't believe no one has mentioned The Incredible Hulk. My 5 year-old son and I have spent endless hours in it, and I think it's definitely as good of a superhero game as inFamous. I consider myself hardcore, too, with more than 30 years gaming experience. It's a great game that makes you feel like the Hulk, and what could be more fun than that?

[quote name='dinovelvet']While not my 'favorite', I'm finding Velvet Assassin to be perfectly decent, and playable. It's hardcore slow, methodical stealth, and you're pretty much dead if you make one wrong move, so I can understand how it would piss off someone looking to run around stabbing Nazis.[/QUOTE]

I liked Velvet Assassin. This gen has really lacked a true stealth game (splinter cell is no longer a stealth game). Velvet Assassin filled that void for me. The only flaw is the shooting in the game. I felt those that hated it tried to play it like an action game.

[quote name='seanr1221']...Do you not understand the point of this thread?[/QUOTE]

Everyone I knew or that was in my friend's list never played RSV. Yep. got it, thanks. They'd also rather play a 12yr. olds game CoD instead too.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Everyone I knew or that was in my friend's list never played RSV. Yep. got it, thanks. They'd also rather play a 12yr. olds game CoD instead too.[/QUOTE]

Everyone on my friends list plays RSV1 and 2. They are playing right now.

bread's done
Back