Your favorite healthy foods/snacks?

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
I was just wondering what other CAGS (CAGer is incorrect people) might like.

I had Garden Salsa Sun Chips and washed it down with a can of V8 Juice. I always loved V8, but those chips are new to me and really good.

Popcorn is good. Athough I usually (i.e. always) add some melted butter and salt. I try to go light with the butter.

Pretzels are good too, I'm trying to switch from potato chips to pretzels right now actually.

How many calories are in Sun Chips? I haven't had the new brand yet.

Also, I love me some peanut butter. However it doesn't fall in my "healthy food" category, it's my vice.

I like oatmeal, baby carrots, boiled egg whites. Pretzels are good too.

second for popcorn, i try to avoid microwave popcorn, i usually make them myself and some of the bagged popcorn's are actually good. Fruit is good as well, eating an orange right now.

Pita Chips with some hummus, maybe a nice falafel now and then. I'm curious how many vegetarian CAGs there are?

Most of my diet is healthy food to allow me to keep my weight @ the right place. I don't want to take a step up into the next weight class.

But anyways...... it includes

oatmeal
carrots
bok choy (sp?)
homemade chili
baby spinach
arugla
egg white omlettes with veggies and hot sauce / tobasco

My Fiance and I try to eat healthy, okay she eats really healthy and I eat fraternity food.

But in the way of health food I like tofu, homemade trail mix, celery and light popcorn.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Pita Chips with some hummus, maybe a nice falafel now and then. I'm curious how many vegetarian CAGs there are?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do love hummus. I had a fantastic homemade variety w/ the cucumber sauce in falafel from a market called "Holy Land" when in Minneapolis a few weeks back.

Christ I wish I had some right now, in fact.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm not a vegetarian, but I do love hummus. I had a fantastic homemade variety w/ the cucumber sauce in falafel from a market called "Holy Land" when in Minneapolis a few weeks back.

Christ I wish I had some right now, in fact.[/quote]

I wouldn't consider myself a vegetarian, but I restrict myself from most all meats. With the exception of fish sometimes.

I have too many to list, but a few are-

Fruit + granola, apples + tahini, hummus + anything, green soup (many ingredients, and it's really GOOD), banana smoothie (make it with frozen bananas and it's like ice cream!)

I always have apples. My friends sometimes laugh at how randomly I can pull out an apple and start chomping away. Bananas and oranges find their way in there occasionally, but apples are number one in my fruit arsenal.

String cheese is a favorite as well. Peanuts. Sometimes protein shake.

[quote name='mykevermin']tahini...straight!?!?!?

Woah. That'll put hair on yer chest.[/QUOTE]

(looks down) Yep! ;)

If you haven't tried it you should. It's like peanut butter but made with sesame seeds. Yum!

[quote name='mykevermin']tahini...straight!?!?!?

Woah. That'll put hair on yer chest.[/QUOTE]

Nah, you know what does though? Marmite...

[quote name='CrimGhost']Nah, you know what does though? Marmite...[/QUOTE]
! I love Marmite. Shit is fantastic, I get that included with my care packages from my relatives.

Some flavors of Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers are delicious. I had one tonight that was chicken, noodles and broccoli with a cheese sauce. They're all under seasoned, but just add a little salt and pepper and it's delicious. Not really healthy, but low fat and low calorie. Very, very easy to prepare. No slits to cut, no extra plate needed... just rip the box open and toss it in the microwave, then out of the bowl it comes in. Hooray for America.

I said it in the other thread, but Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal. It's pretty filling with relatively small quantities, taste good, and is pretty good for you.

[quote name='Chibi Celina']Cold sliced cucumber with salt and lime/lemon, tea, warm sweet potato with some butter and sugar or have it baked.[/quote]

You get major cool points for the She-Ra avatar. My sister and I loved He-Man and She-Ra cartoons when we were growing up. I think I am going to get her She-Ra volume 2 for Christmas.

Fat Free Cottage Cheese - a Super food that almost everyone should eat.

Almonds- King of the nut family. High Omega Acid conversion and loaded with Vit. E.

Peanut Butter- Healthy fats, decent protein source. Avoid ones with a ton of sugar.

Fat Free Yogurt- Another super dairy product. Filling and high in milk protein.

Canned Tuna- Low Cal and delicious

[quote name='CouRageouS']I always have apples. My friends sometimes laugh at how randomly I can pull out an apple and start chomping away. Bananas and oranges find their way in there occasionally, but apples are number one in my fruit arsenal.

String cheese is a favorite as well. Peanuts. Sometimes protein shake.[/quote]

I can eat apple slices but if I just chomp into one, it makes my gums itch. Something about the friction/acid in the apple? It's weird because I grew up on an apple farm too. You'd think I'd be about the apples.

Reality's Fringe;3644931 said:
Fat Free Cottage Cheese - a Super food that almost everyone should eat.

How is that Fat-Free cottage cheese? I like the regular low fat stuff... it's not too... gelatinous is it? Or weird tasting? I always get nervous about tossing fat-free stuff in the cart. Sometimes they use too many thickeners/gums. Blech.

bread's done
Back