Your favorite video game commercials.

That Streets of Rage 2 commercial is such a classic. Vintage Sega! I need to remember to buy the VC version before it goes back up in price. There's no such thing as too many copies of Streets of Rage 2.

[quote name='Halo05']That Streets of Rage 2 commercial is such a classic. Vintage Sega! I need to remember to buy the VC version before it goes back up in price. There's no such thing as too many copies of Streets of Rage 2.[/QUOTE]

the first 2 sor games are amazing stuff especially the soundtracks. those were some of the first games that muscially blew me away. sor 1 and 2 are 2 games id love to see get a remake/upgrade for the current consoles even if it was just a dl game but itd have to have 2/3 player mp online . oh yeah and the choice of using either a classic or updated remixed soundtrack.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Definitely the current Sony ones. They're hilarious.[/QUOTE]

I've only seen two so far, but they are hilarious.

[quote name='swayz0r']I really liked the gears of war 2 comercials when they were on the air.[/QUOTE]

This.

This thread is really fun to view at work... just a bunch of blank boxes where youtube videos should be. Thanks alot internet security!

Does anyone remember the old commercial for Alien Vs. Predator on Jaguar? That commercial scared the crap out of me when I was little, I'm sure it's pretty lame these days though.

Lots of game commercials are fairly blaise, but there have been some great ones these past few years. The one for the original gears of war was great, as were the Halo 3 commercials. These Mass Effect 2 commercials I see online where they interview the various team members are great but the one they actually use on TV with shepard is kinda weak. I think more of these commercials should try a more intriguing approach like the ones I mentioned above... I could be wrong but I don't really think they're gaining much interest when they take the "this is CGI but it represents what you CAN do in the game!" route we see so much.

Loved the original XBox teaser ads but can't find them on Youtube. They ran for a few weeks before the console was released. It was mostly just a black screen with a voiceover saying something about life being boring or whatever, and always ended with the green X logo busting out of the black at the end. It was actually kind of vague if you didn't know it was coming out, but I guess that's part of why I liked it.

I couldn't find a lot of my favorites. Oh well. What I did find:

This ad actually worked on me at the time - fortunately by the time Christmas rolled around I had wised up and wanted a Genesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn_xaQ5d5gY

This made me want this game badly. Also, as a little kid I thought this was Tyson's actual voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3NjlUja7Zo

The theme of the ad was nothing special, but the video of the actual gameplay made me want this badly. It also burned the Star Light Zone music into my head before the game even came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIIagVIQEpg

bread's done
Back