Your name came from...^ there?

Foo228

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (98%)
This thread is about telling people about where your name came from, not about complaining how dumb the idea is (it's no free mickey d's, that's for sure) or about justifying using your name on the internet (where of course everyone is monitoring your every move, sicko)

Anyways, I'm named after my grandfather but for some reason there isn't a II or anything after my name..:cool:

Others?

got my name from one of the kids on a old tv show called "eight is enough".. Last name comes from a small town in Norway.

It's my last name. Creative eh.

Oh. real name. My parents had just immigrated to the United States from Thailand, and thought Steven was a good name or something, so that became my name.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']this thread again?[/quote]

real name, not user name

and why the complaining in this thread?
seem like too much of a troll in others nowadays?

My first name is after my father's middle name and the middle is my Grandfather's & Uncle's first name on my mother's side of my family(Uncle is named after my Grandfather). Originally, my mother wanted to name me after my Grandfather but my Dad didn't want two people with his name so they compremised on the name I have.

Have the same 1st name as my dad, so I go by my middle name, which I am not sure why I was named it (but it was very popular in 1983; and still is today)

Um well my parents picked "Josh" cause, well I don't really know why. I think just because it was popular. My middle name is my dads first name.

I'm the 3rd, so my name came from my dad and from my grandfather. I have a great- or great-great-grandfather with a variation of the same first name, so my grandfather may have been named after him, at least for the first name.

My mom just pulled a retarded name of her ass because she's an idiot and she thought it sounded good. My mom has always had horrible taste, and my name was no exception. I'm honestly considering changing it.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']My mom just pulled a retarded name of her ass because she's an idiot and she thought it sounded good. My mom has always had horrible taste, and my name was no exception. I'm honestly considering changing it.[/quote]

What is your name? How bad could it be?

Originally my mom was going to call me Christopher, but my mom's sister named her son Christopher (born a few months before me). So she named me Michael.

My mom and dad wanted to name me Tiffany, but when I was in the nursery he saw a baby in there named Megan...thus my name was found.

However, for whatever reason my parents thought it would be cool to see how many people in one lifetime could misspell my name so my name has an H in there (Meghan)

My middle name was given to me after my grandmother...blech.

I think people should post their names so we can see what they are, not just the story behind them...

[quote name='darthbudge']What is your name? How bad could it be?[/quote]

Nobody else would find it too horrible. In fact, some people might even say I'm just being picky. It basically just contains all of my letter/word/spelling related pet-peeves, the biggest one being that it ends in an "e" sound. (ie. Kelly, Davey, Mikey, Joey, Katie, etc). I can't stand names that end with that sound. It always sounds like some little kid's nickname to me. It wouldn't be so bad if my name simply ended with that sound, but my name basically is just that sound. Just slap an "L" in front of it and you've got my name.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I did some research on my name and found out it means "meadow" or "pasture". That sucks. After that, I decided to look into the origins of letters in names, and the meanings behind each of them. L = feminine/woman-like. E = is basically a letter that emphasizes the other main letters in the name.

I've got an L and two Es. So basically, my name means "fuckING WOMAN"

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Nobody else would find it too horrible. In fact, some people might even say I'm just being picky. It basically just contains all of my letter/word/spelling related pet-peeves, the biggest one being that it ends in an "e" sound. (ie. Kelly, Davey, Mikey, Joey, Katie, etc). I can't stand names that end with that sound. It always sounds like some little kid's nickname to me. It wouldn't be so bad if my name simply ended with that sound, but my name basically is just that sound. Just slap an "L" in front of it and you've got my name.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I did some research on my name and found out it means "meadow" or "pasture". That sucks. After that, I decided to look into the origins of letters in names, and the meanings behind each of them. L = feminine/woman-like. E = is basically a letter that emphasizes the other main letters in the name.

I've got an L and two Es. So basically, my name means "fuckING WOMAN"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to agree with you.

I hate the name Lee with a passion.

It could seriously be worse though.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Nobody else would find it too horrible. In fact, some people might even say I'm just being picky. It basically just contains all of my letter/word/spelling related pet-peeves, the biggest one being that it ends in an "e" sound. (ie. Kelly, Davey, Mikey, Joey, Katie, etc). I can't stand names that end with that sound. It always sounds like some little kid's nickname to me. It wouldn't be so bad if my name simply ended with that sound, but my name basically is just that sound. Just slap an "L" in front of it and you've got my name.

I've got an L and two Es. So basically, my name means "fuckING WOMAN"[/quote]

Ah that isn't that bad. They could have named you Leslie.

[quote name='darthbudge']Ah that isn't that bad. They could have named you Leslie.[/quote]

[quote name='MegoW64']or Leroy..[/quote]

Trust me, I get called both of those all the time.

My name also spawned many wonderful nicknames in elementary school as well...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Trust me, I get called both of those all the time...[/quote]

Why? People just pulling L names out of their ass or what?

EDIT: Post those nicknames :O

[quote name='darthbudge']Why? People just pulling L names out of their ass or what?[/quote]

LesLEE

LEEroy. Although I don't usually mind that one, because, more often than not, it's followed by Jenkins.

[quote name='darthbudge']EDIT: Post those nicknames :O[/quote]

Nevar.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']LesLEE

LEEroy. Although I don't usually mind that one, because, more often than not, it's followed by Jenkins.

Nevar.[/quote]

Oh, well that is kind of stupid. I thought maybe there were reasons why they were calling you those names.

I could tell you my last name right now and it would probably cheer up in in about 1.4 seconds.

Your first name might be Lee, but my last name takes the cake with bad names.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']My name also spawned many wonderful nicknames in elementary school as well...[/QUOTE]

My last name takes the crown in this department, and I assure you it's had more bastardizations than practically everyone.

[quote name='MegoW64']but my last name takes the cake with bad names.[/QUOTE]

Crown > Cake. You lose.

[quote name='Strell']My last name takes the crown in this department, and I assure you it's had more bastardizations than practically everyone.

Crown > Cake. You lose.[/QUOTE]

I bet you my last name is worse than yours.

You're on.

*sends PM*

What if we had the same one?

Edit: His might be more directly more make-fun-able, but it's definitely not worse in my personal opinion. 'Sides, at least everyone can pronounce his.

[quote name='Strell']My last name takes the crown in this department, and I assure you it's had more bastardizations than practically everyone.[/quote]Ya big dope, I told you it's all in the pronounciation.

I remember having a conversation with my dad about our names way back when. My mom wanted to name my younger brother Amus. (I told you she had terrible taste). But my Dad said he stepped in and basically told her is was a terrible name, so they named him Connor instead. I asked him why he didn't stop my mother from giving me a terrible name, and this is what he said, verbatim: "Well, I got to name your older brother, so I thought I'd let her have her fun."
WHAT THE fuck?!?!?

Yes, my name is one of two things I dislike. Other than that I'm fucking awesome.

[quote name='Strell']You're on.

*sends PM*

What if we had the same one?

Edit: His might be more directly more make-fun-able, but it's definitely not worse in my personal opinion. 'Sides, at least everyone can pronounce his.[/quote]

Ah... I wanted you to post them here, and then we can decide which is worse.

[quote name='Strell']You're on.

Edit: His might be more directly more make-fun-able, but it's definitely not worse in my personal opinion. 'Sides, at least everyone can pronounce his.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:o I am a lady!

:p

Yeah, both of us have pretty crappy last names....i'm having mine changed next year :)

[quote name='darthbudge']Ah... I wanted you to post them here, and then we can decide which is worse.[/QUOTE]

haha, I dont really care...i'm game :)

Weiner

So laugh at mine until he wants to post his :p

I'm sorry, I'm woefully ignorant on such cases.

And yeah, you get to have yours changed. But I've grown to love mine, and willingly brandish it like a the broadsword it is, a knight of the Naming Way, and devourer of all.

Speaking of which, the gender thing does change the situation somewhat that I shrugged off as not-a-big-deal.

[quote name='darthbudge']Ah... I wanted you to post them here, and then we can decide which is worse.[/QUOTE]

Snodgrass. I think it translates to "fourteen incher." You'll have to ask your mom for confirmation.

'Sides, some jerk would come in here and say it at some point anyway if they so choose, and they know who they are, and know how strongly their ore production is going to get robber'd.

Also, first name is shared with at least 3-4 people this site that I know of, which is probably less than are actually out there. I am told it means "one destined for greatness."

That sounds about right.

Dont get me wrong, you cant have a last name like mine without having a sense of humor about it..but it is still a craptastic name

[quote name='Strell']Snodgrass. I think it translates to "fourteen incher." You'll have to ask your mom for confirmation.

'Sides, some jerk would come in here and say it at some point anyway if they so choose, and they know who they are, and know how strongly their ore production is going to get attacked.[/quote]

:lol: Yeah, I can see alot of people making fun of that.

[quote name='MegoW64']haha, I dont really care...i'm game :)

Weiner

So laugh at mine until he wants to post his :p[/quote]

Really? That is great, good thing you are girl and will eventually get your name changed.

I got really lucky, Williams is my last name. Pretty common, nothing to make fun of.

Hmmm. MegoWeiner. That would be an awesome name for a villian.

Mego referring to your first name?

Also it could work as Mug O' Weiner. That would be an awesome name for a drink.

[quote name='darthbudge']:lol: Yeah, I can see alot of people making fun of that.

Really? That is great, good thing you are girl and will eventually get your name changed.

I got really lucky, Williams is my last name. Pretty common, nothing to make fun of.[/QUOTE]

Well, the one thing about that is that I dont plan on getting married (ever) so I have to change it myself..which I plan on doing next year

[quote name='MegoW64']Well, the one thing about that is that I dont plan on getting married (ever) so I have to change it myself..which I plan on doing next year[/quote]

:shock: Do we have our second Lesbian CAG? Or is Monogamy just not your thing?

[quote name='MegoW64']Weiner[/quote]

[quote name='Strell']Snodgrass[/quote]

Both of those names fucking blow. I'm sitting here, audibly laughing at how horrible it must have been for both of you growing up.

You're right, I got off easy...

[quote name='Strell']
Also it could work as Mug O' Weiner. That would be an awesome name for a drink.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='Strell']Hmmm. MegoWeiner. That would be an awesome name for a villian.

Mego referring to your first name?

Also it could work as Mug O' Weiner. That would be an awesome name for a drink.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Mego is my nickname that all my friends call me...Meghan - Mego

My favorite saying to people that I meet is "Everyone needs a little Weiner in their life"

[quote name='darthbudge']:shock: Do we have our second Lesbian CAG? Or is Monogamy just not your thing?[/QUOTE]

Nope, you caught me...I r a homo

My friends and I laugh at the irony of my last name being Weiner :)

bread's done
Back