Ys 1&2 Chronicles Premium Edition $19.99 *In Store only*

I just saw a few auctions on eBay and man, is that stuff insane. I got really lucky, getting one a few months ago for 1/4 of the price it is now.

Damn the price has really gone up. I picked it up for $30 back in October. Glad I did, because none of the Gamestop's within 2-3 hours of my city have it in stock. Are there any other games that are starting to go up in price that should be picked up now?

Where's the used version of this on their site? Even if it's only available in the store, I'd like to check the price and the availability. But I can only find the new version.

[quote name='Psybuster']After seeing the Gold Box and whatnot deals on Seven/Felghana I decided to wait on Chronicles, but from the looks of it the print run on it is much smaller than the former two. The only one in stock around me is a gutted copy and I'm not sure I could put a gutted box next to the other two game boxes lol[/QUOTE]

Haha. I can relate. I got both ys 7 and ys oath premium editions at frys on clearance. Waited for this to go on clearance at frys but missed it. With the current prices on amazon and ebay, I couldn't pass on this price even if I rarely shop at GS. Got one at a GS near my work. As expected, outer box and game case were gutted. However the game case and its contents look in great shape. Soundtrack was sealed. I'll check a couple of local stores for a sealed copy but if I can't find one, i'm happy with what I got.

Damn, I should've picked up Ys Seven a while back. Is it OOP now? I'm assuming it is, due to the high cost of it now. Any chance that it might make a comeback somewhere else for cheap?

WHERE IS MY MASK OF THE SUN REMAKE!!! too bad it isn't Dawn of Ys...which is my better favorite of the two...

Damn, I have several Gamestop giftcards burnin a hole in my pocket! Too bad none of my local stores have it in stock..

I nabbed a slightly beat up display copy of this back in December for $29.99.
I would've waited/preferred a sealed copy but the copy I grabbed was the last one available at any of the Gamestops in my area.

I just wish I could track down YS 7 LE!
I went to a store last weekend that supposedly had it in stock, but they didn't have the outer LE box - just a gutted copy of the game and the bonus stuff rubber-banded together. :(

I got a copy today with the box and the cd but unfortunately it was the last one so they gave me the open box "NEW" copy.

[quote name='Vinny']Anyone wanna hook me up with one? The copy the store was holding for me just the game... no box or CD.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]
If you shoot me a PM, I might have an extra. Gutted but all there.

Was the game originally shrunkwrapped around the outer box? I got one that was and I am wondering if this game originally had shrink wrap or a circular adhesive sticker that kept the outer box closed. I'm curious if I got a Gamestop reshrink deal.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Was the game originally shrunkwrapped around the outer box? I got one that was and I am wondering if this game originally had shrink wrap or a circular adhesive sticker that kept the outer box closed. I'm curious if I got a Gamestop reshrink deal.[/QUOTE]

Mine was shrinkwrapped, it has one long continuous seal starting from the top left of the box, runs along the right side , and ends on the bottom left. Its weighs 7.6 oz. I was shocked it was still there and sealed, so I was thinking maybe they shrinkwrapped before I got there since I had it held for me. Lol, I looked on ebay and those are shrinkwrapped too, so I think your good. Only thing was the ones I saw on ebay, the cleanest seal was on the top, mine is on the bottom..hmmm...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Was the game originally shrunkwrapped around the outer box? I got one that was and I am wondering if this game originally had shrink wrap or a circular adhesive sticker that kept the outer box closed. I'm curious if I got a Gamestop reshrink deal.[/QUOTE]

I got mine for $8 when the Hastings near me went out of business, and it came with shrink wrap around the outer cardboard box.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']If you shoot me a PM, I might have an extra. Gutted but all there.[/QUOTE]

Still have an extra or is it taken?

Was able to find a single copy near me. Opened but in great condition so at least they didn't leave the box out to get mangled. Thanks for posting this deal. I had all the other Premium Ys games and was only missing this one.

[quote name='Motoki']I know this dates me :p but I used to love this game back on the Turbografx. It's a great RPG, maybe not amazing by today's standards but certainly well suited for a mobile platform.[/QUOTE]

I remember playing this game in the tg-16 days too. My mind was blown when the game used real voice overs for certain scenes.

Got a copy this morning, thanks OP. The store kept the outer box in the drawer so it was in pretty good shape too. Now I just need a Ys 7 drop...

Picked mine up this morning from Gamestop. It was the floor demo copy, but the box was in good shape and everything inside was sealed, so awesome grab.

Got my copy today. Had a damn GS sticker on the box, but otherwise was sealed with soundtrack! So here's my question: does not having the outside seal intact reduce its value all that much? If so, screw it -- I'll open it up and have m'self a classic RPG ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh I got boned. I grabbed the last one at the closest GS near me. It was gutted beyond belief. The box was shrink wrapped until the top, soundtrack is sealed, but the game is in a GS envelope. No actual case. Pretty bummed.

[quote name='Pck21']Ugh I got boned. I grabbed the last one at the closest GS near me. It was gutted beyond belief. The box was shrink wrapped until the top, soundtrack is sealed, but the game is in a GS envelope. No actual case. Pretty bummed.[/QUOTE]

wow, fuck gamestop

[quote name='amicuscuriae']Got my copy today. Had a damn GS sticker on the box, but otherwise was sealed with soundtrack! So here's my question: does not having the outside seal intact reduce its value all that much? If so, screw it -- I'll open it up and have m'self a classic RPG ball.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, looking at amazon pretty much answered my question. Such a conundrum. To open or not to open? Argh!!!

[quote name='amicuscuriae']Hmmmm, looking at amazon pretty much answered my question. Such a conundrum. To open or not to open? Argh!!![/QUOTE]
From what I see you can easily double your money even selling a used copy. If that's what you were trying to do.

[quote name='klimb22']From what I see you can easily double your money even selling a used copy. If that's what you were trying to do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was going to do. But now I'm intrigued about the game. Never played Ys series outside of emulation many, many moons ago. I don't know whether it will hold up gameplay-wise. I haven't been in this kind of monetary position since way back in the day when I had an old copy of Valkyrie Profile.

I saw a copy at my local Gamestop (Columbus, OH). It was game only. No instructions, case, soundtrack or box. I passed, lol.

[quote name='amicuscuriae']Yeah, that's what I was going to do. But now I'm intrigued about the game. Never played Ys series outside of emulation many, many moons ago. I don't know whether it will hold up gameplay-wise. I haven't been in this kind of monetary position since way back in the day when I had an old copy of Valkyrie Profile.[/QUOTE]

I intend to play the one I bought. I intended to sell mines but I think I'm just going to keep it. There's something about having an out of print game.

[quote name='mortalgroove']I saw a copy at my local Gamestop (Columbus, OH). It was game only. No instructions, case, soundtrack or box. I passed, lol.[/QUOTE]

If it was marked new, that's not exactly "new".

I try not to care much about condition but missing everything but the game itself and/or the game/packaging being beat to shit is a big pet peeve. It'd be great if GS could be just slightly respectful of those who don't want to buy something that looked like it got stepped on.

The YS 7 I picked up the other day had a smashed up box but the guy was nice enough to take off $5. I should be able to find a box cheap elsewhere.

Closest to me in about 30 odd min away. If I take a trip that direction tomorrow to meet any friends or maybe pick up something else I will consider it. I do love Ys I and II. I still have my Turbo Grafx version relatively close (sadly I never finished Ys II) and I have Ys IV somewhere packed away also.

Found a gutted copy some 20 miles away... still was in pretty good condition though. Only problem was this little dent in the box side. Ended up reselling it in a day though...

There were two copies near me. One had the cardboard box opened, but the contents inside were sealed. Picked that one up. The other at another store had the game gutted (although cd still sealed)... I left that one alone.

bread's done
Back