YS Seven Limited Edition. Massive Amounts of Goodies ahoy!

image42.png

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/02/ys-seven-collectors-edition-brings-back-giant-cloth-maps/

The humongous cloth map had me sold even before I heard the length of the art book or even saw the OST in there.

Goodies aside, I like my Ys titles and this appears to be a good one from the screenshots I spy. Multiple party members that you can switch between is something I haven't seen in Ys before, so that has me a bit stoked; Reminds me of Star Ocean, but not Star Ocean.

On a closing note I'll finish with a question. If you read the article about renaming 14 quest NPCs after random people who are entered in a contest over Facebook, what do you think about that?

(I'd type more, but I'm dog tired. I shall return to fan over it at a later time.)

Meh, the names of the NPCs are probably worthless so it's not a big deal.

I enjoyed the game while I played through it. Crafting is a bit of a pain in the ass as components can be quite annoying to acquire. Personally I'm more pumped for their localization of Sora no Kiseki as I had too much trouble trying to play through the game in japanese to the point where I had to give up.

I probably have yet to play enough Ys to be able to fully appreciate what Sora no Kiseki is. I am definitely going to place a pre-order on it however since Drama CDs rarely make it outside of Japan.

[quote name='Draekon']Meh, the names of the NPCs are probably worthless so it's not a big deal.

I enjoyed the game while I played through it. Crafting is a bit of a pain in the ass as components can be quite annoying to acquire. Personally I'm more pumped for their localization of Sora no Kiseki as I had too much trouble trying to play through the game in japanese to the point where I had to give up.[/QUOTE]

Good to see another person imported. I spent about 5 hours on Sora no Kiseki FC. I probably would have played more if there is a better faq.

[quote name='DiscoJer']Sora no Kiseki is part of Falcom's other series of games, Legend of Heroes, a more traditional RPG. It's Legend of Heroes 6, which XSEED is bringing over next year. It's in three installments, the second of which takes up 2 UMDs...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes_VI:_Sora_no_Kiseki[/QUOTE]
Ah, I was thinking of the title "Ys vs Sora no Kiseki" which I saw to be localized. In that case I don't know enough about Ys or Sora no Kiseki to be able to fully appreciate it.

If Sora no Kiseki itself is coming out soon then perhaps one day in the future I can enjoy Ys vs Sora no Kiseki, though with my current backlog that day is still a good ways away. It also doesn't help that I have no PSP.

[quote name='VintageTurtle']
The humongous cloth map had me sold..[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I am a sucker for those maps and would preorder this if I wouldn't want to get it for the Go. Maybe I will consider double dipping on this one.

I'm looking more forward to the fact XSEED is bringing Oath in Felghana over here, best Ys game ever (which is a remake of my favorite one, the black sheep, Ys III :p)

Now I have to buy a damn PSP, meh, it'll be worth it. Anything for Falcom games. :D

[quote name='M-PG71C']I'm looking more forward to the fact XSEED is bringing Oath in Felghana over here, best Ys game ever (which is a remake of my favorite one, the black sheep, Ys III :p)

Now I have to buy a damn PSP, meh, it'll be worth it. Anything for Falcom games. :D[/QUOTE]
I've been meaning to make the time to play Oath in Felghana one of these days, or the original (Ys III as you all ready stated. I am a sucker for SNES RPGs and their styles). Perhaps now that my PS2 is busted I'll make the time. Either way, I have solid faith in XSEED's skills, it is going to be good. :D

As for Falcom I know they bring us some bang up games, I am just not too familiar with them myself to say much.

Heh, amen brother. Another solid reason to purchase a PSP on my part as well.

I'm just wondering where to start with Ys. I was going to start with Ys 1&2, but it was going to be quite a lot to find a turbo duo and a copy of that game. Guess I'll wait for the PSP port then.

I will pick up that Ys 7 bundle though. That looks pretty sweet.

[quote name='erehwon']I'm just wondering where to start with Ys. I was going to start with Ys 1&2, but it was going to be quite a lot to find a turbo duo and a copy of that game. Guess I'll wait for the PSP port then.

I will pick up that Ys 7 bundle though. That looks pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]
"Ys 1&2 Chronicles" is being localized by XSEED for us on the PSP right now, but I believe a different rendition of the first two Ys games came out for us not long ago on the DS as "Legacy of Ys Books I & II."

After looking at the Wiki article for the first two Ys games I find myself even more confused. There are just so many remakes and games including "I & II" that it is difficult to make heads or tails of things unless you really know your Ys history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_I_&_II#Nintendo_DS_remake

[quote name='VintageTurtle']"Ys 1&2 Chronicles" is being localized by XSEED for us on the PSP right now, but I believe a different rendition of the first two Ys games came out for us not long ago on the DS as "Legacy of Ys Books I & II."

After looking at the Wiki article for the first two Ys games I find myself even more confused. There are just so many remakes and games including "I & II" that it is difficult to make heads or tails of things unless you really know your Ys history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_I_&_II#Nintendo_DS_remake[/QUOTE]
I haven't looked into the DS remake, since I heard it had some problems. I'm not sure what, but I'd rather get it for the PSP. I'd still like to track down the original version. That'll cost a lot for both the system and the game.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Is there a release date?[/QUOTE]

8/31 according to GS and Amazon, but it might be a placeholder.

The load times for the PSP version of Ark of Napishtim hovered around the unbearable. I really hope this one and the remakes are tollerable.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']The load times for the PSP version of Ark of Napishtim hovered around the unbearable. I really hope this one and the remakes are tollerable.

MjC[/QUOTE]
I have faith in the Ys SEVEN project since it is being designed for the PSP originally. The remake of The Oath in Felghana is being revamped from the SNES and/or PC versions; It would take a bad day for XSEED to be able to mess that up. As for Ys Chronicles 1&2 I have no idea, but it is XSEED working on them so I have deep trust that they will do well.

Last edited by a moderator:
XSeed doesn't really have much control over the load times. Whatever the load times were for the Japanese version that's what we should be expecting for the U.S. version.

Awesome LE, definitely going to get it. Hopefully it's more limited than the Lunar PSP LE was.

The game looks great. I'll probably pick up the limited edition even though $20 more than the standard seems a little steep.

[quote name='VintageTurtle']I've been meaning to make the time to play Oath in Felghana one of these days, or the original (Ys III as you all ready stated. I am a sucker for SNES RPGs and their styles). Perhaps now that my PS2 is busted I'll make the time. Either way, I have solid faith in XSEED's skills, it is going to be good. :D

As for Falcom I know they bring us some bang up games, I am just not too familiar with them myself to say much.

Heh, amen brother. Another solid reason to purchase a PSP on my part as well.[/QUOTE]

Let me tell ya man, I love the series to death, but their best work was that remake and it may be one of the best action RPGs I've ever played, bar none. Defintely make time for it man, I loved that game to death lol! :D

I went on and got a PSP, it was one of those 1000 series one. Saw it at the flea market and I was able to bargain down to $35. My plasma money for the week paid for my PSP, score one for the poor man! :cool:

Once I read that Y's was getting a LE run, My mind was made that I need to buy this. I'm a sucker for LE OR CE
and this one comes with a map!

That LE looks bad ass. Is the release date really August 31st? It is the end of the month like so many other games without official release dates, but the 31st is a tuesday LOL

[quote name='Dakinggamer']I also realized it's the same date as Metroid: Other M and Dead Rising 2 lots of games on that day!!:lol:[/QUOTE]

As well as Valkryia Chronicles 2!!! What a way to start another fall semester!!!

bread's done
Back