Yu Yu Hakusho DVD Box Sets 1-2 $13.96 & Box Sets 3-4 $7.96

SanjiX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It seems Wal-Mart has silently discounted even more anime on its site. Yu Yu Hakusho, one of my favorite animes, is on sale. If for whatever reason you don't own this yet, you should buy them all now.

Plot Summary (from ANN):
One day, 14 year old Yusuke Urameshi suddenly finds himself dead, having died pushing a child out of the way of oncoming traffic. Since he has such a bad personality, even the Spirit World was caught by surpise that he would sacrifice himself. Yusuke soon finds out he wasn't supposed to die and has a chance for resurrection and bringing his body back to life. After being resurrected, Yusuke becomes a Spirit Detective, along with his comrades, and one adventure after another happens, whether it be an investigation or a fighting tournament.

Seasons 1 and 2 are $13.96 each with free site to store shipping.
Season 1 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/14321642
Season 2 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/10171586
Seasons 3 & 4 are $7.96 each with free site to store shipping as well.
Season 3 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/10719478
Season 4 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/10719477

Wal-Mart has also discounted other animes such as Soul Eater (which I mentioned in this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290339 ), which is still in stock (Part 1 only).

[quote name='shrike4242']Do all four box sets make up the entire set of anime, or are there more beyond these four season sets?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does. Each set has around 25-ish episodes I think and contains 4 DVDs. The entire series is 112 episodes.

[quote name='Aganar']Lost interest in this show a decade ago, but I've got a sibling who would jump on this. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Lost interest in this show two decades ago when they first aired, mainly because it had the same problem every other anime had, and that was drawing out of useless dialogue, and power up moves that takes 5 episodes to finish.

Loved the manga, the anime, is okay, but if it could get some fixing up like DBZ did with Kai, I would definitely recommend it.

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger. I loved what I've seen of this series (probably about the first half), but never actually got to see the last chunk of it.

On the other hand, I kind of want to wait and see if FUNi's Blu-ray releases uses the same remastered footage that the Japanese Blu-rays used, since those sets were supposedly pretty great.

[quote name='Hao']I'm really tempted to pull the trigger. I loved what I've seen of this series (probably about the first half), but never actually got to see the last chunk of it.

On the other hand, I kind of want to wait and see if FUNi's Blu-ray releases uses the same remastered footage that the Japanese Blu-rays used, since those sets were supposedly pretty great.[/QUOTE]

One of my all-time favorite animes. I have the whole series in the original dvds they released. I'm tempted to pick these up, but I think I'll wait for the Blu-Ray. I remember seeing an e-bay auction for the Japanese blu-ray set around $1300.

Nice deal on 3+4. Originally I got 1+2 for $11 each from Walmart site-to-store. I wanted the full series so I picked up 3+4 at $14 each, guess I should have waited it out, oh well.

may get these if they are still this cheap come Friday. I have roughly a 3rd of the series on dvd already, but I hate having the individual dvds...so many.

[quote name='Hao']I'm really tempted to pull the trigger. I loved what I've seen of this series (probably about the first half), but never actually got to see the last chunk of it.

On the other hand, I kind of want to wait and see if FUNi's Blu-ray releases uses the same remastered footage that the Japanese Blu-rays used, since those sets were supposedly pretty great.[/QUOTE]
Man, I hope so, but I think unless a huge sale goes on for the whole series on Blu (which probably won't happen for a very long time now), then I won't be getting them, but I think the DVDs look pretty damn good as well.

[quote name='Squarehard']Lost interest in this show two decades ago when they first aired, mainly because it had the same problem every other anime had, and that was drawing out of useless dialogue, and power up moves that takes 5 episodes to finish.

Loved the manga, the anime, is okay, but if it could get some fixing up like DBZ did with Kai, I would definitely recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, aren't you streets ahead. The show first started in Japan late 1992, so apparently you lost interest before it even began airing.

The only really dragged out part I noticed was the final fight of the Dark Tournament with the younger Toguro brother. If they cut the series down, it would still be at least 80 episodes...

That is ridiculously cheap! I saw an early review though for the blu-ray sets, and the person seemed really impressed with whatever they did. (He speculated a full remaster, but I don't know for sure). So keep that option in mind.

[quote name='Zaku77']That is ridiculously cheap! I saw an early review though for the blu-ray sets, and the person seemed really impressed with whatever they did. (He speculated a full remaster, but I don't know for sure). So keep that option in mind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Funimation's Blu Ray remasters have been questionable as late since nobody ever knows if it's a real remaster or a Funimation done remaster until it's released.

wow, awesome deals for 3 + 4. I already have the first 3, so I'm getting the 4th.

I'm only on the first season and I like the show so far, but I can't say I love it. It didn't seem to age all that well. The characters are pretty funny at times thoguh and some of the back and forth bantering is great.

edit: shipping is like $2 btw

[quote name='SanjiX']Yeah, Funimation's Blu Ray remasters have been questionable as late since nobody ever knows if it's a real remaster or a Funimation done remaster until it's released.[/QUOTE]

They did a release in Japan of the remaster on Blu Ray.

bread's done
Back