Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure - $19.99 NEW/ $17.99 USED at Gamestop

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Unlike 95% of the price drops listed on Gamestop's website currently, I think this one is actually new. Maybe it's the beginnings of a universal drop?

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=12374

Edit: Used price has been confirmed at $17.99 (in store only). Also, it looks like this may be the start of a universal drop as reports are coming in that other retailers (Buy.com, Gamecrazy, etc.) have the same price drop. Best Buy and Circuit City still have it listed for $29.99.

[quote name='silks']Flipping sweet, I was going to toss this into an order to use the Buy.com $25 off $75 coupon, but decided to use it on the Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Edition instead. Now I can get it for even less than it was on Buy.com (they had it for $28.99).

BTW guys, use the coupon FREE3DAY on Gamestop.com for free ground shipping online. This coupon expires 5/31/2008.[/quote]

HUGE!

Picked one up, plus a 2nd used, complete GB Player (also $19.99). Worth the trip, just wish they would have had a used Wavebird as icing on the cake. :cool:

Snagged the last brand new sealed Zack & Wiki copy from my local gamestop.

I personally don't trust the online since they have been shipping their display copies with the sticker as new even though the game has never been played it still has that unnecessary sticker and marks and finger prints all over the casing and its opened. When its opened who knows if it was just sitting in the case or being played by someone on their lunch break.

My previous order online was dark kingdom for ps3 and I received a store display copy even though I ordered a new copy. I talked to their customer service and they mentioned new is considered never been played and doesn't necessarily mean brand new sealed. I told the rep if that was the case then there should be a third option online that clarifies what people are ordering whether it be brand new factory sealed, opened - kept in display box - never played, or used.

Will never order online from them. I trust amazon or buy for that matter.

"My previous order online was dark kingdom for ps3 and I received a store display copy even though I ordered a new copy."

Buyer beware, enough said. That being said I believe if you go into the EB/GS store in person and ask for exactly what you want, you should able to get a factory sealed copy, but make sure to inspect first before you buy.

Even though I'm tempted to bite, I'll hold off for now. There is still a bunch of copies around here and my backlog is huge, especially on the Wii. Maybe after I beat Heroes, Brawl, Umbrella Chronicles, New Blood, Radiant Dawn....... Twilight Princess (ugh, wii controls)

Thanks OP! I will be picking it up tomorrow. I really never should have gotten two consoles. Wii360 = shitload of unfinished games. I am super sad. I like all the games I have. But every time I get something there is some new great deal I CAN"T pass up. I didn't have this problem when all I had was a ps2 + PC. I usually finished everything. Now I have a decent job I can't help getting everything good out there for both consoles. Or are there more good games being released? Maybe with all the great looking games (graphicswise compared to the PS2) I just buy stuff I am not totally into? Crap I still need to pickup Mario Kart and Okami......

[quote name='rishiraja']I talked to their customer service and they mentioned new is considered never been played and doesn't necessarily mean brand new sealed.[/quote]

Wow, I can't believe that it's even legal for them to do that with online orders. Gamestop is even MORE suspect to me now. I'd better get a sealed copy or I will be PISSED.

They tried this trick with me in-store when I tried to buy Zelda: TP for Wii. The Gamestop Monkey pulls out an empty game case, then goes into a drawer and pulls the game DVD out of an envelope. He puts the DVD in the case, hands it to me, and proceeds to charge me full price for the game. I asked him if he had a sealed copy and he said no, so I told him to cancel the order. I went and bought it elsewhere for the same price, new and sealed.

I'm not paying sealed-copy money for an opened game, Gamestop. Idiots.

I refuse to buy a gutted copy. Called my 2 nearest GSs and they only have open "new" copies. Clerk asked me "is there a reason you prefer a sealed game?" I just hung up . . . I should have said that its not new if its open . . . but what's the point, it is a really, really bad chain.

[quote name='silks']Wow, I can't believe that it's even legal for them to do that with online orders. Gamestop is even MORE suspect to me now. I'd better get a sealed copy or I will be PISSED.

They tried this trick with me in-store when I tried to buy Zelda: TP for Wii. The Gamestop Monkey pulls out an empty game case, then goes into a drawer and pulls the game DVD out of an envelope. He puts the DVD in the case, hands it to me, and proceeds to charge me full price for the game. I asked him if he had a sealed copy and he said no, so I told him to cancel the order. I went and bought it elsewhere for the same price, new and sealed.

I'm not paying sealed-copy money for an opened game, Gamestop. Idiots.[/quote]

that's the whole reason i don't buy from gamestop anymore. Everytime i've made a purchase there, it's always the last copy left and so i get the one that's on display. i like my new games sealed and untouched. F*** gamestop.

[quote name='mofo1115']hot, waiting for the 17.99 used price + 35% in coupons.[/QUOTE]

Same. Total comes out to around 12.50 after tax with that scenario.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the game is 18.99 on buy.com with free shipping. With the google checkout trick you can get the game for $8.99

[quote name='chris100185']I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the game is 18.99 on buy.com with free shipping. With the google checkout trick you can get the game for $8.99[/quote]
*sighs* I wish I knew that before :(

A while back I borrowed this to check out... just picked up my own copy last night. New is only $2 more than used... I'd rather do that than give GS all the extra money they make on a used copy.

[quote name='rishiraja']Snagged the last brand new sealed Zack & Wiki copy from my local gamestop.

I personally don't trust the online since they have been shipping their display copies with the sticker as new even though the game has never been played it still has that unnecessary sticker and marks and finger prints all over the casing and its opened. When its opened who knows if it was just sitting in the case or being played by someone on their lunch break.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, how could they even send you a display copy, don't online orders come from a warehouse or something? Or am I wrong in assuming that? I hope this doesn't happen to me, Gamestop B&M is already on my shit list for gutting a preorder, if I can't trust Gamestop.com either it's gonna suck. Still have to get my exclusives from them though.

[quote name='rainking187']I'm confused, how could they even send you a display copy, don't online orders come from a warehouse or something? Or am I wrong in assuming that? I hope this doesn't happen to me, Gamestop B&M is already on my shit list for gutting a preorder, if I can't trust Gamestop.com either it's gonna suck. Still have to get my exclusives from them though.[/QUOTE]

The last order I made from gamestop.com had both games opened and covered in stickers. I purchased both games as 'new'. Never again.

[quote name='WreckedPIG']The last order I made from gamestop.com had both games opened and covered in stickers. I purchased both games as 'new'. Never again.[/quote]how horrible.. one of many reasons I try never to buy at GS. are you able to return those?

umm guys.... this game is also 19.99 at gamecrazy new and 14.99 used
with your mvp the game would be 13.49

Just so you know, the used price is down to 17.99 instore on the used copy of this game...It had the sticker on it when I checked today.

[quote name='rainking187']I'm confused, how could they even send you a display copy, don't online orders come from a warehouse or something? Or am I wrong in assuming that? I hope this doesn't happen to me, Gamestop B&M is already on my shit list for gutting a preorder, if I can't trust Gamestop.com either it's gonna suck. Still have to get my exclusives from them though.[/QUOTE]

Initially, I thought they were coming from the warehouse too but once I received my dark kingdom copy it had no seal, the casing was opened and was dirty with finger prints and a white sticker that said >>>NEW

I saw this today at Gamestop... right after Id already bought it at Walmart for $29.92. >_<

Doesn't matter anyway, as I used a gift card. And Walmart doesn't price match anymore. The bastards.

[quote name='rishiraja']It looked the same as purchasing the last opened (display) copy they consider new in store. This pissed me off even more because I previously called the store and they wanted to charge me the same price for an opened display copy.[/quote]yeah I've heard of this policy instore, i even remember the rebuttal article an anon GS employee put out online defending it, but doing this online is unacceptable. If they're really making so much profit of their pawnshop model they should be able to afford to make their display copies as used. between that, the over priced used games and the pennies they use to buy back used games Gamestop is my last stop for game purchases.

Don't know if anyone posted this but if you type in ( Free3Day ) you will get free 3 day shipping.

I hate GS more and more. I told my brother about this sale, and they gave him the "last copy" and it was "new" but actually "used" since it was not factory sealed. The game has visible scratches on them. I'm going myself today to return it and maybe yell at them :)

I'll be getting this from buy.com for him instead, since those are factory sealed right?

TRU is becoming more and more like my favorite store for Wii games- they seem to give the customer some really good deals.

anywhere else and everywhere else will be factory sealed when you buy a 'new' game. I have no problem with them opening games to put a box out, but selling it new is unforgivable.

In this modern day and age how hard would it be for a publisher to include a few empty boxes. Heck why not use all those blank boxes they have for upcoming games. They had empty boxes for Starcraft:Ghost I'm sure they have boxes for GTAIV already.. perfectly good boxes to use.

Thanks OP, been looking to pick this game up cheap and I've never really been able to get around to it. Couldn't resist this deal and bit

That FREE3DAY coupon was huge, thanks for that. I was looking for useless stuff around the site for fillers and the SAVER coupon, definitely saved me some time

[quote name='Wolfkin']anywhere else and everywhere else will be factory sealed when you buy a 'new' game. I have no problem with them opening games to put a box out, but selling it new is unforgivable.

In this modern day and age how hard would it be for a publisher to include a few empty boxes. Heck why not use all those blank boxes they have for upcoming games. They had empty boxes for Starcraft:Ghost I'm sure they have boxes for GTAIV already.. perfectly good boxes to use.[/QUOTE]

If Toys R Us can get display boxes there's no reason why GS can't. I've heard someone say they don't use the preorder boxes because people won't know the game is out, but that's BS. Grab a marker and write "Now Available" on it. Problem solved. I will say it's amusing how many times I've seen people trying to buy a preorder box when the game isn't out for months.

I think one of the perks of working at Gamestop is that the employees can borrow the games to make make themselves more knowledgeable about the products. Can't do that if they get display boxes.

At any rate, my copy arrived, new and sealed.

The FREE3DAY coupon code is good until 5/31. I received an ad from GS today that talks about the said code and two 20% extra trade-in cards towards the purchase or reservation of a DS / Wii games respectively.

Some GS stores don't gut all there inventory.

They gut 1 copy to put out in front and leave extra copies alone. Yeah, I picked up a copy of Z&W a few days ago at GS and it was still sealed (behind the counter, the one out front was gutted).

wow, i bought this pre-order at launch for $40... worth it! great game from a great developer made especially for the wii... if you own a wii... and don't own this game... you're doing yourself no favors...

Does anyone have a link to the Zack & Wiki used page on Gamestop.com? I doesn't show up like the others when "show backordered" is clicked.

i went to GameStop in Murfreesboro, TN and asked for a new copy. They got the game out of a sleave behind the desk. I cussed them out and kicked the magazine rack and left. fuck GS

Man...I got scared after reading the posts about online orders being gutted copies as well, as I had already placed my order (I wish I found out about the GCO deal earlier...). I just got mine today, and to my relief it was indeed new and sealed. I'm still taking heed though and will probably never order from them again. I refuse to buy from their B&M stores as well, so it looks like now they've lost my business for good.

bread's done
Back