Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

That's great news for some of us, actually. Collectors like me get a chance to get one and not spend the premium of $300. I wonder what Ebay looks like right now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That's great news for some of us, actually. Collectors like me get a chance to get one and not spend the premium of $300. I wonder what Ebay looks like right now.
That sounds nice, but after speaking to them for an hour I don't think they even have enough for 1 pre-order per person. I will flip out if that happens. I would have been fine with knowing in advance only getting 1, so I could of tried to get one at bestbuy as well. Nintendo is really starting to make me dislike them with these inventory issues all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to vent about my Amazon pre-order for my master edition got cancelled and downgraded to qty 1 from 2. I am super angry as $#$@# right now. They didn't even tell me can't even think straight now.
Shitty move, but maybe consider yourself lucky. If it was gamestop, your whole order would have been cancelled.

That sounds nice, but after speaking to them for an hour I don't think they even have enough for 1 pre-order per person. I will flip out if that happens. I would have been fine with knowing in advance only getting 1, so I could of tried to get one at bestbuy as well. Nintendo is really starting to make me dislike them with these inventory issues all the time.
So amazon way oversold and changed the quantity of peoples orders to try and fill as many as possible. Great. gamestop already cancelled mine and now i have to worry amazon wont be able to fullfil my order either. Its rare when amazon goes in and changes someone's quantity. They must have really oversold badly.

So amazon way oversold and changed the quantity of peoples orders to try and fill as many as possible. Great. gamestop already cancelled mine and now i have to worry amazon wont be able to fullfil my order either. Its rare when amazon goes in and changes someone's quantity. They must have really oversold badly.
Yeah, Amazon is usually always really on top of everything I don't know what happened. I know really Nintendo is the most to blame, maybe Sega should have won the Console War and Nintendo be publishing for other consoles.

On the one hand I think if a business is going to do this kind of thing to a customer they should let them know(but it's amazon, people have given them the power to do anything they want so good luck), on the other hand as an enthusiast it just amuses me because regardless of what gets said, most people who buy multiple quantities of items like this are just flipping them. I've done it too but never before having inventory in hand.

I know, I know "i buy two, one to open and one to play".

Amazon had it available for only 39mins or so. Gamestop had it available until 9am, roughly 6 hours. If you ordered from gamestop, I'd be worried right now. They had a purchase limit of 10 on the item. There's no way they didn't oversell.

For people who ordered more then 1 special edition from amazon, did they change the quantity on those? If not, it most likely means they oversold.

Amazon had it available for only 39mins or so. Gamestop had it available until 9am, roughly 6 hours. If you ordered from gamestop, I'd be worried right now. They had a purchase limit of 10 on the item. There's no way they didn't oversell.
If I remembered correctly, Gamestop had it, then became unavailable, then had it again early in the morning. So it's not the entire time they had it up. Also it wouldnt surprise me if Nintendo allotted Gamestop the most amount of MEs by far of the 3 retailers. Thinking back, I guess the biggest sign of Amazon overselling is their 30 minutes compared to Bestbuy's 8 minutes or so availability. Amazon typically gets less qty vs Bestbuy on almost all CEs, plus Amazon allowed 3 Max while Bestbuy had just 1 max.

That's why I wouldn't buy anything from eBay without the item already being available in hand.

You really don't know if you'll get the item or not should you choose to buy from eBay before release. pre-order's sometime gets cancel from retailers for various reasons and you be SOL and have to re-purchase from a diff seller. I would recommend you wait until the item is in-hand and ready to ship by the seller before committing.
I liked your post as a thank you. However, thank you again!

Amazon is known to ban people/cancel orders for ordering Limited Edition games across multiple accounts. Restricting the availability to 1 per account after the fact is not a stretch.

Amazon is known to ban people/cancel orders for ordering Limited Edition games across multiple accounts. Restricting the availability to 1 per account after the fact is not a stretch.
Yep, and people should be happy their resolution is to just change the quantity to one instead of cancelling the whole order, which most of the other retailers would do (and have done in the past). That's assuming that the adjusted quantities allow them to get that one to everyone that was able to order, and I hope they are able to do that.

I get people ordering one from a few different places to ensure they get an item given how some retailers have cancelled orders when oversold. I've done that before, and have either returned the additional or in one case (a Majora 3DS) sold it for cost plus shipping to another CAGer. But ordering multiple from the same retailer, particularly on the same order - I have no sympathy for that. If they are going to cancel, ordering more than one does not increase your chances to get one. That's just taking away other people's chance to get one for most likely scalping purposes (LOL at people pretending they are buying them for "relatives"). Explaining how selling it is going to "pay for your own" isn't any better.

Patriots win Super Bowl, Amazon makes its own restock of MEs by taking orders away from scalpers. Illuminati confirmed!
But not really. I can dream though.

Patriots win Super Bowl, Amazon makes its own restock of MEs by taking orders away from scalpers. Illuminati confirmed!
But not really. I can dream though.
765422681b255b537b048f8e10eecd4b9ba2a466_hq.jpg

I have no idea, but I really doubt Amazon is reducing Master Edition orders to a quantity of one due to "True collectors deserve a chance to get one."

For the CAGers who got their quantity manually changed from 2-3 orders to 1 order by Amazon, did you buy multiple copies in one order or did 1 order in separate orders?  I did separate orders and they are still there.  

For the CAGers who got their quantity manually changed from 2-3 orders to 1 order by Amazon, did you buy multiple copies in one order or did 1 order in separate orders? I did separate orders and they are still there.
For future reference, if you want multiples, buy in separate orders. Only orders of a quantity of 2 or more were adjusted. The buying limit was 3 wether you did 3 separate of 1 or 3 together.

For the CAGers who got their quantity manually changed from 2-3 orders to 1 order by Amazon, did you buy multiple copies in one order or did 1 order in separate orders? I did separate orders and they are still there.
I also ordered 2 separate orders of the ME from Amazon at 1 each and they are still there.

Always get hardcover guides as a memento or something to look back at fondly. I hardly ever read it per chapter, unless its a game that I've beaten 3 times over and would like to get more of an investment. Since this is my first console Zelda experience I'm taking a stab in the dark at the Deluxe edition. 30 years of Zelda history sounds like a giant heap of reading fun.

Always get hardcover guides as a memento or something to look back at fondly. I hardly ever read it per chapter, unless its a game that I've beaten 3 times over and would like to get more of an investment. Since this is my first console Zelda experience I'm taking a stab in the dark at the Deluxe edition. 30 years of Zelda history sounds like a giant heap of reading fun.
The history bit is only 16 pages in the guide. I'd recommend picking up the Hyrule Hystoria by Dark Horse if you want a dense history of Zelda games. Very fun and interesting read.

For future reference, if you want multiples, buy in separate orders. Only orders of a quantity of 2 or more were adjusted. The buying limit was 3 wether you did 3 separate of 1 or 3 together.
This, this, and more this. I thought people knew to do this?

That overpriced $80 deluxe guide dropped to $48 at amazon now.  40% off.  Now it's the same price as the game with GCU.

I don't know if I'm in right thread. Also new to both cheap and now in stock.
I signed up for notifications for the $99 special edition Zelda game set.
So I keep get notifications that TRU has it in stock, way early in more ~6:30am est.
I've been on top of it a few time, awake and on TRU.
I've never seen it go in stock.
Is this a glitch, a joke or real.
How to they get these alerts on nowinstock.

So I keep get notifications that TRU has it in stock, way early in more ~6:30am est.
it comes back in stock basically everyday at same time, people keep tabs on the toysrus page and by the time nowinstock can send alerts out it's gone.

Opinions vary, I think it's a glitch or like literally one comes in stock.

bread's done
Back