Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Yep. I don't think there's anyone rational out there who isn't disappointed. I'm only buying it because I'm a sucker for anything Nintendo, but I've ZERO doubt this thing is a flop in the long run, - even the short run.
Same here, I wonder how can they be so out of touch with their consumers...

Anybody starting to have second thoughts on the Nintendo Switch? Lot's of disappointment so far, according to different sources.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Not really. I see it more as a successor to the 3DS (and until Sony works on a new handheld, the Switch will have to do). However, I do think Nintendo is going to botch it up marketing and people will walk away disappointed thinking it's going to rival PS4/Xbox One in user friendliness/power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. I don't think there's anyone rational out there who isn't disappointed. I'm only buying it because I'm a sucker for anything Nintendo, but I've ZERO doubt this thing is a flop in the long run, - even the short run.
No Netflix, questionable specs, an online service that will not match with what Playstation or Xbox have, and ports from previous gen. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying the Switch, but I hope Nintendo doesn't disappoint us.

Anybody starting to have second thoughts on the Nintendo Switch? Lot's of disappointment so far, according to different sources.

Let's put it this way:
The more Nintendo talks about the switch, the more I hear about people feeling either disappointed or uncertain about what they're hearing. The only recent announcement that I heard a positive reaction to was that the console was region free. The average opinion of this thing that most commenters seem to have is either that it's not gonna be worth it or it's just gonna be ok. Very few people seem incredibly excited for this thing.

Let's put it this way:
The more Nintendo talks about the switch, the more I hear about people feeling either disappointed or uncertain about what they're hearing. The only recent announcement that I heard a positive reaction to was that the console was region free. The average opinion of this thing that most commenters seem to have is either that it's not gonna be worth it or it's just gonna be ok. Very few people seem incredibly excited for this thing.
I think it's gotten to a point where people just jump on the hate bandwagon because it's easier to do than buy an actual Nintendo product.

I'm not as big a gamer as I used to be but I still love me some Nintendo! I haven't played it, I have two switches that I know of that I'm going to keep, and I have money to burn, why the hell not.

Darn Nintendo for not making a special edition for the Wii U.  The only ones with a Wii U still are their hardcore fans. But something like a special edition is something that appeals to the hardcore the most.  Give me a Breath of the Wild branded Wii U Tablet case, damnit!!

Make no mistake, lots of people are criticizing the Switch and are still planning on buying one. 

People have legitimate gripes with many of the announcements that are coming out.  A lot of people buying the machine are doing so just to play Zelda, and other exclusives.  If they want to play those games they have no other choice.  And frankly, the opinions of people spending money on the Switch carry more weight than the opinions of people who aren't/weren't going to buy it anyways.

Darn Nintendo for not making a special edition for the Wii U. The only ones with a Wii U still are their hardcore fans. But something like a special edition is something that appeals to the hardcore the most. Give me a Breath of the Wild branded Wii U Tablet case, damnit!!
The hardcore fans are gonna buy the Switch anyway.

Looking through sold eBay listings, I've found multiple BIN Special Editions that went for

Has anyone heard anything about when the various Piggyback strategy guides (Regular, Hardcover, Collector's) are going to show up for pre-order? Or any rumblings on price points? I assume regular/hardcover will follow their standard prices...

The Zelda BOTW Amiibos are up for preorder at GameStop both online and in store

My store had a sheet that said they were allotted only 6 of each Zelda BOTW Amiibo preorder. I didn't think Amiibos would be tough to get anymore but if you want them then I'd preorder them and not risk it. It is Zelda after all

Make no mistake, lots of people are criticizing the Switch and are still planning on buying one.

People have legitimate gripes with many of the announcements that are coming out. A lot of people buying the machine are doing so just to play Zelda, and other exclusives. If they want to play those games they have no other choice. And frankly, the opinions of people spending money on the Switch carry more weight than the opinions of people who aren't/weren't going to buy it anyways.
I keep an open mind when it comes to Nintendo, but they need to actually sell me on a system again; I'm not blindly buying in. Each and every time Nintendo has shown off a system post-GC, I've come away unimpressed because I care nothing for mobility and motion controls -- only games and bleeding edge technology. They keep making a console that benefits their MO, not mine so each and every time they lose my business. Hell, if they do put out a mini-SNES this year I'd be in, no questions asked.

Bottom line is if they were vying to satisfy opinions of both the people buying the system and the people who historically haven't, they would be Sony.

The Zelda BOTW Amiibos are up for preorder at GameStop both online and in store

My store had a sheet that said they were allotted only 6 of each Zelda BOTW Amiibo preorder. I didn't think Amiibos would be tough to get anymore but if you want them then I'd preorder them and not risk it. It is Zelda after all
Still waiting for Amazon. Gotta use my credit and get that sweet 20% off. Anyone heard word of Switch Pro controllers at Gamestop/anywhere?

When the SE is on TRU at 3 in the morning. Fml

They were available for like an hour yesterday morning... I saw on post on SD that was posted around 8, and placed my order at 9 AM CST. Pretty sure they were around a bit longer as I checked later in the day and it was sold out. If it went up again today at 3 AM, it was likely due to cancellations/declined orders?

The amiibo were up for a short time. The Pro Controller hasn't been listed yet.
Are you sure? I remember the moment they were listed as available, but none of them were actually able to be ordered. Only the Guardian, which like I said was cancelled. I'd be curious to hear if anyone got an actual order for them and still has it. Seems like it was just a momentary error.

Are you sure? I remember the moment they were listed as available, but none of them were actually able to be ordered. Only the Guardian, which like I said was cancelled. I'd be curious to hear if anyone got an actual order for them and still has it. Seems like it was just a momentary error.
100% sure. Reddit Thread

It was a very short time, but I saw them up myself. Didn't order because I got them at Best Buy. I'm sure they'll be available again.

100% sure. Reddit Thread

It was a very short time, but I saw them up myself. Didn't order because I got them at Best Buy. I'm sure they'll be available again.
Strange. I saw them up as well, but the checkout process wouldn't complete and then they were showing as unavailable. I had ordered the Guardian (without 20% off), but it got cancelled.

Either way, hope Amazon puts them back up soon.

Has any functionality been released for the new amiibos?

I just ordered the 2 Links and Zelda from Best Buy but don't want the two ugly ones unless they have a purpose

Was hoping to not have to pay a pending charge. My Amiibo madness is not as high as it used to be, plus I already have like 600$+ worth of stuff in the next 2 months lol

Hoping desperately best buy restocks SE. Why didn't I order when it was available for so long.. :(
I guess I have to wait till the release date?

For the amiibo, or Pro controllers? Amiibo were never actually up. Only the Guardian was, and it was in the wrong category and cancelled.
Sorry to burst your bubble on this one.

2tSTKZh.jpg

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/822562769300025347

So it looks like the cartridge will contain dual audio but no ability to change audio/text in game. If you want Japanese audio, you need to change the system language setting which changes everything to Japanese.

So it looks like the cartridge will contain dual audio but no ability to change audio/text in game. If you want Japanese audio, you need to change the system language setting which changes everything to Japanese.
lol, Nintendo is the best

This reminds me of Smash Bros Melee on gamecube, if you change your language settings to Japanese, the voices and characters names change as well. Its just a bit harder to navigate the menus with everything being in Japanese.

"Complete crap"
"Glad I got the SE and didn't spend $30 more for the ME."
"Looks flimsy"

Did I get them all?
It looks cool but I'm glad I sold my master edition. It's just plastic and sits on a shelf. I love my majoras mask 3ds because at least I use it. Super happy for my special edition though. I'm most excited for the switch case.

Thanks bud good catch.

Does anybody know how preorders work at Walmart? I guess I mixed it up but I thought they were like Best Buy and just do pre-authorization charges only up until release date. Edit - nvm.

I'd rather just get charged against my CC now but have it shipped to my new home address in March.

Thanks bud good catch.

Does anybody know how preorders work at Walmart? It looks like they actually charge you before it ships. I'm looking at my credit card account and I noticed my Switch console preorder at Walmart was actually posted to my account. I guess I mixed it up but I thought they were like Best Buy and just do pre-authorization charges only up until release date.

If not, this would work out for me since I'm moving next month so I'd rather just get charged against my CC now but have it shipped to my new home address in March.
Yeah, I'd like to know how the pre-orders work there too. Hopefully, the funds will go back on the card until the game ships.

If you can't go without $100 for a couple months, you have more problems than securing a limited edition game.

If you can't go without $100 for a couple months, you have more problems than securing a limited edition game.
Lmao this is exactly what I think when people ask about if they charge now or not, especially for a CE.

I told my friend that a preorder for the SE was up at Best Buy and he ordered it. Then in a panic he said "wait, do they charge now or later?" Apparently he barely had enough in his debit card to even cover a temp charge.

It really surprises me the amount of people who don't take advantage of using a credit card and paying it in full every month. I love me some reward points.

bread's done
Back