Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Sorry for crap lighting but you get the jist:

http://imgur.com/a/7SK3V

There were 5 stations you had to go to and answer some basic trivia. Once you did all 5 you got the pin. They had a station with those 2 drawings so you could do some coloring. I grabbed them for my wife.

I threw in the GameStop ad at the end because I was out flipping today. I didn't know about the puzzle and I really want it. 1000 piece glorious puzzle would be really fun to do with my wife.
I actually forgot to go there.

Do you know when they will release that puzzle in stores? I need it too

Zelda has sex jokes, y'all. I'll put it behind spoilers if you wanna be surprised in-game. But all that's here is the dialogue and joke itself, no actual spoilers. This is some edgy Nabooru level stuff

UBrZPkKE1h4io5lMjT4p0LC1fUvmmLb6W69UZ9w22x4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wii U edition of BotW just sold out on Amazon. Sucks for anyone who waited last minute and wants to use their Prime discount.

At this rate, the digital versions will sell out tomorrow too.

Just notice GS did another pre-auth on my ME pre-order. I'm hopeful this mean I'll get one deliver to my door on release date. 

GameStop never canceled my in-store Master Edition preorder nor even notified me it wouldn't be fulfilled. I'm wondering what they'll have for me when I get there on Friday.

GameStop never canceled my in-store Master Edition preorder nor even notified me it wouldn't be fulfilled. I'm wondering what they'll have for me when I get there on Friday.
I saw someone from reddit post the same thing and a GS employee said while many got cancelled as it was supposed to be online only, if yours hasn't been GS is going to fulfill them as they would have been cancelled. Could check with the store.

The conclusion for the EDGE magazine review

" The result, for all the longevity of its series and the familiarity of the open world genre, is a game that evokes feelings we haven't felt for 20 years. Not since Ocarina of Time have we set foot in a world that feels so mind-bogglingly vast and unerringly magical, that proves so relentlessly intriguing. Plenty of games promise to let us go anywhere and do anything. Few, if any, ever deliver so irresistibly. 19 years on Ocarina is still held up as the high water mark of gamings best loved and greatest series. Now it may have to settle for second place".

10/10!

" The result, for all the longevity of its series and the familiarity of the open world genre, is a game that evokes feelings we haven't felt for 20 years. Not since Ocarina of Time have we set foot in a world that feels so mind-bogglingly vast and unerringly magical, that proves so relentlessly intriguing. Plenty of games promise to let us go anywhere and do anything. Few, if any, ever deliver so irresistibly. 19 years on Ocarina is still held up as the high water mark of gamings best loved and greatest series. Now it may have to settle for second place".

10/10!
This is the single most interesting, motivating thing I've read about the Switch yet. Edge rocks.

I played OoT, left it for a few months, and I can only remember doing something about this ranch girl with milk and learning an Ocarina song. I have no idea what to do. I'm still excited!
I got to the spider boss and got my ass kicked enough times I just dropped it haha

I wasn't a very good gamer as a kid :whistle2:

10/10!
Damn, that's nuts. Edge doesn't not throw around 10s every day either...

Oh snap, forgot I had the ME preordered at BBY too. Not sure if I even want it anymore, would rather just have the Special Edition. Obviously I'm not cancelling it. Hopefully this one doesn't get cancelled like my Amazon order.
Would gladly purchase it from you and send you my special edition :D

when I was 16 in '98 I somehow completed the Water Temple after a bunch of running around and being completely lost.  I remember just stumbling into the bosses room on accident and then being upset and dissatisfied because I had no idea how I beat the dungeon.

when I was 16 in '98 I somehow completed the Water Temple after a bunch of running around and being completely lost. I remember just stumbling into the bosses room on accident and then being upset and dissatisfied because I had no idea how I beat the dungeon.
My friend and I spent hours of every single day inside that damn thing for the entire Winter break after launch. We would switch carts out of fairness, and promised to complete on both.

We completed it in neither, however, because we were very stupid children.

Now I'm hearing amazon is canceling the Wii u orders now. Seriously wtf is going on with nintendo or amazon
Amazon has been crappy at preorders all over the place lately, definitely not just Nintendo stuff. My last two preorders from Amazon didn't arrive anywhere near release date. I did all my switch pre-orders from bestbuy and I hope I made the right choice.

Looks like they made more...or found some (I can add 999)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/150670378X/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Since they wont price match, guess I'll order another one and return one.
Now marketseller SuperBookDeals on Amazon has the Zelda Arts & Artifacts Limited Edition for $62.84 plus $3.99 shipping.

Flippers sweating now as 132 sellers now on Ebay. Some with 10 to 20 copies.

Lots or returns will be heading Amazon's way within 30 days :rofl:

So is the book really worth buying? I'm just surprised to see so much hype for it.
At $25ish for the regular, it's a great deal if you're a Zelda fan. Huge hardcover book with very high quality paper and tons of content and art. If you liked Hyrule Historia, you'll like this. (Plus they match!)

Looks like aftermarket prices for the special edition have dropped... it's only selling for $140-$160 on eBay compare to 3-4 weeks ago where they were going for $180-$200.  

My first attempt trying to play OoT was back when I rented it from Blockbuster as a kid. I got all the way to Jabu Jabu before I had to return it!

Next time I got to the Forest Temple but never figured out how to get in. Had to return it to Blockbuster.

I finally convinced my Dad to buy it and got all the way to the end. I ran out of either magic or arrows and spent like 20 minutes using the hook shot to make him flinch before just giving up. I ended up beating it a week later since I was so frustrated.

same does that mean we will get it considering loads of other people already got cancelled?

Just wanna make sure so i don't have to camp out at target at 8am
I wouldn't bet on it, it still seems incredibly odd that they had them in the first place. Maybe 50/50? You'll know before launch morning whether it ships or not, though. There's also no 100% guarantee they will ship the correct item. That's more paranoia than anything... but it's Dell.

In the meantime, try and get it anywhere else you can.

I'm hoping there will be temporary restocks at Best Buy and Amazon (less likely with their stock issues) this coming week. It's also been popping up at Walmart and Toys R Us, but you have to be lightning fast. Check nowinstock and set up alerts if you haven't.

I wouldn't bet on it, it still seems incredibly odd that they had them in the first place. Maybe 50/50? You'll know before launch morning whether it ships or not, though. There's also no 100% guarantee they will ship the correct item. That's more paranoia than anything... but it's Dell.

I'm hoping there will be temporary restocks at Best Buy and Amazon (less likely with their stock issues) this coming week. It's also been popping up at Walmart and Toys R Us, but you have to be lightning fast. Check nowinstock and set up alerts if you haven't.
It was probably mentioned already, but around what time PST is the SE in stock at TRU? I mean before NowInStock alerts you? I don't want to rely on Dell because you do state a good point.

It was probably mentioned already, but around what time PST is the SE in stock at TRU? I mean before NowInStock alerts you? I don't want to rely on Dell because you do state a good point.
It goes up around 3:30 AM PST, and is gone before the alert is even sent. I think they just put one up whenever it's cancelled.

yeah i have alerts setup and toysrus puts up a limited amount around 6am est

I've seen people post on different sites that best buy will have a limited amount extra ME and SE and Target will have a limited amount aswell considering they never them up for preorder and gamestop could have some but i doubt it

yeah i have alerts setup and toysrus puts up a limited amount around 6am est

I've seen people post on different sites that best buy will have a limited amount extra ME and SE and Target will have a limited amount aswell considering they never them up for preorder and gamestop could have some but i doubt it
I do not think Best Buy will have any Master Editions. Certainly not in-store, but maaaybe a couple cancellations online? That's a big maybe. If you've seen info to the contrary, please feel free to share. Each Best Buy will have 3-4 extra Special Editions in store, though.

Your best (and last) bet is Target on launch day. If I haven't gotten one besides my Dell order by then, I'll be headed there bright and early.

I do not think Best Buy will have any Master Editions. Certainly not in-store, but maaaybe a couple cancellations online? That's a big maybe. If you've seen info to the contrary, please feel free to share. Each Best Buy will have 3-4 extra Special Editions in store, though.

Your best (and last) bet is Target on launch day. If I haven't gotten one besides my Dell order by then, I'll be headed there bright and early.
I don't remember if it was on here or reddit or gaf but some people were saying that some of their best buys got 1 extra ME

bread's done
Back