Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Look what came for me today. Bby has been awesome with delivering games early to me.
[attachment=25691:8FC564D2-8B97-4B59-BE28-8DBA4B1C7E17.JPG]

Look what came for me today. Bby has been awesome with delivering games early to me.
attachicon.gif
8FC564D2-8B97-4B59-BE28-8DBA4B1C7E17.JPG
Do you mind taking a picture of the back? I want to see the controller options.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm new to this pre order stuff and in using this site so I don't know if I'm repeating a discussion.

I bought the art books from Amazon in preorders, with the low price guarantee if price drops prior to release.
I thought as a prime member this continued for two weeks after release.
First the big book dropped in price between the hour I placed my order and my wife did hers. I expected to see my price drop on shipping, but no. I had to call and they made such a big deal over it and sorry for my confusion. That's my confusion, as if I'm wrong about the whole issue!!!
Then it drops even further.
Now with the cheaper hard cover, a few days after release, it's in stock and never goes out, like it was doing bf release. The price dropped over $3, that's about 15%.
Based on these two orders, Amazon screws you over for preordering books.
Is this the case and people have noticed this in past?
I preordered the books bc of the frenzy I saw on these chat sites and my nephews recommendation that that's how he does it to make sure to get book.
Now he tells me he cancelled his preorders and that the price drop is what usually happens.
I thought Zelda was extremely popular
When you preorder anything you pay the lowest price that Amazon lists the item for between the moment you preordered and the moment you are charged and shipped the item. You don't get any extra discount after the order is placed and shipped. Amazon hasn't post-purchase pricematched in awhile. If they do do that, it's because the customer bitched a ton, and you can expect that customer to be on a list of troublesome customers that could be banned for future bitching.

Here's an example of a recent preorder of mine that's price lowered between my purchase date and my shipping date:

BAKEMONOGATARI, Part 2
Price on order date: $13.95
Price charged at shipping: $10.37
Lowest price before release date: $8.30
Amount to be refunded: $2.07 (+ $0.18 tax)
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $5.83

I ordered 2 SEs in separate orders at bestbuy since they practically begged me to by keeping it up for so long.  My first order and the ME have been in preparing and authorized the charge saying expected delivery tomorrow although not shipped, but the 2nd SE is only preorder status.  I'm wondering if they are waiting to see if they cancel/fulfill it based on stock levels.  If they are actually trying to make sure people get at least one, I think that's fair, but would have expected a cancel already if there was an actual limit.

I ordered standard Wii U copy and it is still preparing I am worried it won't get here by Friday, has anyone else experienced this as well or maybe with other releases?

I ordered standard Wii U copy and it is still preparing I am worried it won't get here by Friday, has anyone else experienced this as well or maybe with other releases?
You should be fine, many others myself included have yet to have their orders ship. Worse comes to worst you can just go pick-up a copy in-store on Friday and return the other when it arrives.

Man I can't believe I am unable to locate a Master Edition (outside of insane eBay prices)... Such disappointment. I'm never late to the party, but when it really counted I missed it. My own fault for not being on CAG that day. The Master Sword would have been my new center piece in my office/game room. If anyone is willing to help a long time CAG out I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's a super long shot but it never hurts to ask, right? Sorry I'm sure this thread will be filled with beggars soon enough and it kills me to have to join them.

Would anyone be interested perhaps in trading my SE and the Deluxe Guide for the ME? That's about as good as I think I could offer. I have no anticipated ship date on the guide atm, but would send it out as soon as it comes in. It looks like it's due out at the end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I can't believe I am unable to locate a Master Edition (outside of insane eBay prices)... Such disappointment. I'm never late to the party, but when it really counted I missed it. My own fault for not being on CAG that day. The Master Sword would have been my new center piece in my office/game room. If anyone is willing to help a long time CAG out I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's a super long shot but it never hurts to ask, right? Sorry I'm sure this thread will be filled with beggars soon enough and it kills me to have to join them.

Would anyone be interested perhaps in trading my SE and the Deluxe Guide for the ME? That's about as good as I think I could offer.
Could be worse, you could have ordered one and had it cancelled like myself and some others! If you really want to get your hands on that statue though, you can always import the Limited Edition from Amazon UK. It's been going in and out of stock multiple times every day for the past week, you just have to keep an eye on it.

Would anyone be interested perhaps in trading my SE and the Deluxe Guide for the ME? That's about as good as I think I could offer.
lebowski_zpsxdngb5qx.gif

When you preorder anything you pay the lowest price that Amazon lists the item for between the moment you preordered and the moment you are charged and shipped the item. You don't get any extra discount after the order is placed and shipped. Amazon hasn't post-purchase pricematched in awhile. If they do do that, it's because the customer bitched a ton, and you can expect that customer to be on a list of troublesome customers that could be banned for future bitching.

Here's an example of a recent preorder of mine that's price lowered between my purchase date and my shipping date:

BAKEMONOGATARI, Part 2
Price on order date: $13.95
Price charged at shipping: $10.37
Lowest price before release date: $8.30
Amount to be refunded: $2.07 (+ $0.18 tax)
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $5.83
Thanks, for the Zelda game book, I see that bc I paid with gc . Your example is exactly what I should have gotten and was told would happen, that I'd be charged what my wife was charge,
That's what the person said to wait for shipping.

On the brighter side my BB orders r slowly getting filled except for th SE of course. And I know if the price drops on that stuff I will get the adjustment if I go to store.

Official word on the Best Buy posters is stores got 50 each (25 for smaller stores) and they are to be handed out to the first people in line. Stores that aren't doing midnight launches shouldn't have been sent any posters.

I had a feeling Nothing371 was going to post something asinine and low and behold when I viewed his blocked post I was right. Guess he hasn't changed. Douchebags will always be douchebags I guess. I'll just have to keep him on my block list. Surprised he hasn't been banned yet. Most of the people I have blocked have been long since banned for foul behavior. Clearly some still slip through the cracks. Back to the business at hand please..

Uh oh, my Bestbuy SE order says "Awaiting Authorization" and is still 'In Progress' status. I have it set for in store pickup. 

Would anyone be interested perhaps in trading my SE and the Deluxe Guide for the ME? That's about as good as I think I could offer. I have no anticipated ship date on the guide atm, but would send it out as soon as it comes in. It looks like it's due out at the end of the month.
Sorry, but anybody with their head screwed on tight would keep their MEs considering the rarity and the value of them. The deluxe guide and the SE combined are nowhere near as rare as the ME. I'm not trying to seem like an a**hole, but that's just how it is. Your only options are to import, as previously mentioned, or to camp out.

I had a feeling Nothing371 was going to post something asinine and low and behold when I viewed his blocked post I was right. Guess he hasn't changed. Douchebags will always be douchebags I guess. I'll just have to keep him on my block list. Surprised he hasn't been banned yet. Most of the people I have blocked have been long since banned for foul behavior. Clearly some still slip through the cracks. Back to the business at hand.
ROFL

I was about to tell you I was in the same boat but decided to check one more time, after having just checked before reading your post lol, and somehow my Wii U Zelda order changed to shipped. It's awaiting UPS pickup along with bomberman (which somehow...was ready for shipping first despite being ordered a little over a day later). Hopefully it changes for you soon as well. Keep checking.

Meanwhile, my Zelda SE is still in limbo but I'm semi-less worried about that.

Sorry, but anybody with their head screwed on tight would keep their MEs considering the rarity and the value of them. The deluxe guide and the SE combined are nowhere near as rare as the ME. I'm not trying to seem like an a**hole, but that's just how it is. Your only options are to import, as previously mentioned, or to camp out.
I would love to camp out but I don't know anywhere that is getting them in. At least if my local intel is accurate. Going to have to do another search.

Do people think the statue itself will be worth over $100 in the future, or are most only interested in the whole package?

I'm glad u put it that way. Searching on eBay the master is going $500 to $800. The limited is going for what I paid, lowest $99 + $19 shipping, to about $200.
Not that I'm looking to sell, just looking at the $114 price for a sword, music and standard. Where as the master was about $137 with tax and about $122 with tax if u got gcu. The future resale value just leans me towards cancelling order, especially since I paid the 89 and not the 79 lbs. maybe even less.

I managed to get the se for $86 w/ tax. It real kinda makes the LE look expensive. IMO I think U.K. And Europe got screwed, but that's bc of the high tax needed to pay for all the government programs.

You have to weigh the extra $70 for the sword versus buying standard edition at BB with GCU.

As I type the SE went up on Walmart, hurry if u still want it.

I'm glad u put it that way. Searching on eBay the master is going $500 to $800. The limited is going for what I paid, lowest $99 + $19 shipping, to about $200.
Not sure what you are looking at, but looking at completed SOLD auctions, the ME seems to be hovering a little under $400. Everything over doesn't sell.

Not sure what you are looking at, but looking at completed SOLD auctions, the ME seems to be hovering a little under $400. Everything over doesn't sell.
I'm on cell and really didn't have much time, and yes I was referring to those for sale not actually final sales.
I was just making the point that the LE is hovering around original price and people think ME is worth more.

I was trying to say, u have to decide if for ur own collection the extra $70 for the LE is worth it bc it might not go up in value.

So does Amazon and Walmart.
Amazon shipped 2 different orders in one box. The heavy art book and a galaxy3ds xl with no padding in oversized box.

So does Amazon and Walmart.
Amazon shipped 2 different orders in one box. The heavy art book and a galaxy3ds xl with no padding in oversized box.
That's not ideal, but still a box, and not as bad as only a thin layer of plastic. These MEs look like they have corners and edges that can easily be crushed

I would love to camp out but I don't know anywhere that is getting them in. At least if my local intel is accurate. Going to have to do another search.
To be blunt, there are no extra MEs. Don't waste your time calling. Best thing to do is import the EU version.

Games are region free now so you should be able to recoup some cost by selling the game easily.

My Zelda SE shipped from BB.

Well that's over.

Now hoping my Walmart order of neon console gets past "undefined at Friday 3/3"

The SE says processing at least, but will probably cancel based on fact BB one shipped and if it arrives in good condition
I really think the SE will be readily available in future.

That's not ideal, but still a box, and not as bad as only a thin layer of plastic. These MEs look like they have corners and edges that can easily be crushed
This is why I hate ordering things like this from Amazon...would much rather in store pick-up (which isn't fool-proof either, but it gives ya a better chance of getting something in good condition).
I ordered Shantae: Half genie hero (risky beats edition) last week. Came in a padded envelope, crushed with a big 'ol hole in the box where it looked like someone handling it gripped it hard. It was also half opened at the bottom (probably a return). My replacement came, completely sealed this time, in another padded envelope. Seemed to only have minor crushed edges (no big deal). Flipped it around, there was the beginnings of the same type of hole in the back. I don't mind though since it looks like I might be able to iron it out when I open it, and this hole isn't on any artwork just pointless legal text.
But that's not bad at all when I've seen people receive things like the Smash Bros. GameCube controller bundle in padded envelopes...

To be blunt, there are no extra MEs. Don't waste your time calling. Best thing to do is import the EU version.

Games are region free now so you should be able to recoup some cost by selling the game easily.
I hate to resort to importing, but I am getting desperate. I'll have to look in to it.

Does ANYONE ELSE's Amazon orders say March 9-11th? Anyone have experience with this? Did my order get delayed or cancelled? I really can't tell. No cancellation emails, no $10 gift card balance. I'm assuming it just got delayed till next week? 

OMG i got one!!!! i hope it actually ships. My wii u version came today but being a huge Zelda fan I want all the extras and I know I'll never get the Master Edition.
I bought two in 2 separate orders just in case! Because I don't care ANYMORE!!!!!

Zelda amiibo back in stock on Amazon finally... Except they're all "exclusively for Prime members", and only Guardian showing Prime discount. Oh Amazon.  :lol:

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up that Amazon can fulfill their Wii U orders of BotW, gonna just pick that version up elsewhere, ordered in November and still no firm ship date on their end, asked chat and they don't sound that positive about it ever showing up.

"I'm sorry to inform you we’re not sure when we’ll get more of this item but we'll do our best to get the item for you, and we'll send an e-mail as soon as we have more information."

Ur right, I read it wrong, as box w/ little bubble wrap.
Last week I got an amiibo and it was forced into an underside plastic bag, with the cardboard back getting curled to fit in.

As for my order from Amazon, the galaxy 3ds xl box looked like I had it sitting for a while. The corners were frayed. The book box ha it lid pushed open.

bread's done
Back