Zelda: Phantom Hourglass pre-order $25.98 (or $27.98) shipped from familyvideo

crunchewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
The coupon codes have been reported, but I don't think anyone has noted that familyvideo.com has The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass available for pre-order for $29.99 + 0.99 shipping - $5 off for new customers or $3 off for existing customers with coupon. Net price is $25.98 or $27.98. Amazon is listing a price of $34.99 for it.

$5 off new customers: NEWPGMEM
$3 off existing custs: NEWMEM3F

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=276190

Of course this game isn't going to ship until October, so other deals might come up, but this one sounds pretty good to me. I did put in an order and the $5 off coupon, at least, did work with this pre-order.

This looks pretty good, I might bite on this because I think this is gonna be one of those games that you can't get anywhere for less than 34.99 except if you buy online.

Family Video? Yeah, no thanks.

[quote name='Thrinn']Yeah, chances are you won't see a better deal on this game for a long time. Thanks.[/quote]

Chances are you won't see the GAME for a long time.

To be fair, Phantom Hourglass is no Persona 3. People seemed to have no problems ordering the big games, but it remains to be seen if those were the fluke, and the Persona fiasco is the norm.

I've got about a dozen unopened games to play through before I get to Zelda, I don't mind the wait if it'll save me about 1/3 off the game. And yeah, I'm still waiting for Persona 3, also.

As far as I can tell, Persona 3 is the only misstep by them so far. Hopefully the last, but even if there's a delay I won't be wildly bothered by it. I don't mind waiting a bit if it will save me $9 on a $35 game. I'm a CAG. :) If all else fails, even if they run out of stock and can't ship my copy right away, I can't imagine they'd permanently run out of stock on a game this big.

Yeah, I don't think you can judge FV by their Persona 3 issues. Thanks OP, I'll be ordering this.

Also, you might want to add in the OP for anyone on the fence that Nintendo will be giving away a free quill (like the one you write with) styled stylus if you register this game with MyNintendo.

This is a deal!

[quote name='crunchewy']As far as I can tell, Persona 3 is the only misstep by them so far.[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting on my Tales of Abyss /cry

Ooh...I want to order, but I want this the first day it's out.

I'm getting this game just for the fact that they kept the Wind Waker look. Awesome

I had a great experience with these guys for GH2 for 360. No issues at all. I will probably go through with this deal too. But like someone else already stated, I want it the first day it comes out!

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Do they charge you on order of when the game ships? I'll probably bite on this. Have people had good experiences with them?[/quote]

When the item(s) ships they charge.

Ok I bit on this one, the quill sealed the deal! I believe I did order from famvid once before, sometimes last year maybe however I just created a new account to get the 5$ savings, didn't even remember my old account info so this was the best way to go for me. Also found a dvd I wanted there, I put that right in with the order and there was no extra charge although the items will be shipped separately.

[quote name='whoknows']Ooh...I want to order, but I want this the first day it's out.[/quote]

best way to solve this little dilemma is to buy the game here and then get it at the store the day it comes out so you have it first day. then when the shipped one for fv arrives you can return that new copy to the store you bought it at for regulart price.

[quote name='SaraAB']Ok I bit on this one, the quill sealed the deal! I believe I did order from famvid once before, sometimes last year maybe however I just created a new account to get the 5$ savings, didn't even remember my old account info so this was the best way to go for me. Also found a dvd I wanted there, I put that right in with the order and there was no extra charge although the items will be shipped separately.[/quote]

Wait did you say Quill?! As in Pre-Order bonus quill?

Yeah I"ll bite.

Some other good deals

Silent Hill Origins PSP $27.94 (-$3 = $24.94, -$5 = $22.94)
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles PSP $27.94 (-$3 = $24.94, -$5 = $22.94)
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow PSP (-$3 = $24.94, -$5 = $22.94)
Call of Duty 4 360/PS3 $53.99 (-$3 = $50.99, -$5 = $48.99)
Assassins Creed 360/PS3 $51.99 (-$3 = $48.99, -$5 = $46.99)
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Wii $41.99 (-$3 = $38.99, -$5 = $36.99)

The existing customer coupon doesn't work :(

NOTE: Invalid or expired Coupon Code (Retry)

Edit: Hrrm worked with a different email address.

I bought every game I have listed here including Zelda except Call of Duty 4.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Wait did you say Quill?! As in Pre-Order bonus quill?

Yeah I"ll bite.[/quote]
This Quill isn't a pre-order item you have to register the zelda:pH game on my nintendo to get it like brain age2 thing.

Link's Awakening? Whoa that's setting the bar high. That's only the greatest handheld game ever. I'll be happy with it just being as good as Wind Waker or better. (I really liked WW by the way)

well, Nintendo set the bar themselves. so they should be able
to reach it . I don't really expect them to... but I'll cross my fingers for it. ;)

This is absalutely fantastic! Thanks OP for the heads up on this great deal. It's great to hear about getting a Quill stylus if we register our game at Nintendo. Niiiiice!

Sweet! I've been looking forward for this game for some time. Nice deal OP. I don't even know why I'm getting DS games when I don't have the portable system ............

[quote name='meerkatgamer']This Quill isn't a pre-order item you have to register the zelda:pH game on my nintendo to get it like brain age2 thing.[/quote]

how do you know that?

And good looks on the other cheap preorders. Castlevania you are mine, cause even if the remake sucks, the original and SotN are included!

He's right, you just have to register it. It was on some gaming news sites a little while ago, or you can just do a CAG search for "quill."

Ok, I'll bite. I don't need this game day 1, so I guess I'll take the lumps of cheap media mail shipping to save a few bucks.

Now I gotta cancel my deepdiscount pre-order. :p

Throw in the $5 pricegrabber rebate and it's only $20.98. Not a bad deal for a game (and possibly a limited edition stylus) that will probably be $34.99 for-ev-er..

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']wait how do you do the $5 rebate?[/quote]

1. Sign up for a PriceGrabber.com account.
  2. Go to the product's page to see if it's eligible for the rebate.
  3. Request a Product Review Bonus form.
  4. Write a short review of the game.
  5. Mail in the form, a copy of the UPC, and a copy of the original receipt/invoice.
There are multiple games that are eligible for this product review rebate. There's a thread around here somewhere that lists a bunch. One thing to note is that PriceGrabber only issues 50 rebate forms per product and you can only submit 5 forms for different products per 30 day period. The other thing to note is that rebates must be postmarked by 11/30/07. So I'd advise going ahead and grabbing forms for games that you know will purchase at launch. For example, I already have the forms for Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl because I know I'll be getting them day one or close to it. SSBB might be a problem because it doesn't drop until December; I'll have to contact PriceGrabber on that one and see what the deal is.

[quote name='THams']
  1. Sign up for a PriceGrabber.com account.
  2. Go to the product's page to see if it's eligible for the rebate.
  3. Request a Product Review Bonus form.
  4. Write a short review of the game.
  5. Mail in the form, a copy of the UPC, and a copy of the original receipt/invoice.
There are multiple games that are eligible for this product review rebate. There's a thread around here somewhere that lists a bunch. One thing to note is that PriceGrabber only issues 50 rebate forms per product and you can only submit 5 forms for different products per 30 day period. The other thing to note is that rebates must be postmarked by 11/30/07. So I'd advise going ahead and grabbing forms for games that you know will purchase at launch. For example, I already have the forms for Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl because I know I'll be getting them day one or close to it. SSBB might be a problem because it doesn't drop until December; I'll have to contact PriceGrabber on that one and see what the deal is.[/quote]It's better for everyone if you request the forms when you actually buy the game. Otherwise all too often you'll end up with forms you don't use as a result of requesting too many or ending up not buying the game, which screws things up for everyone else.

hmm I bit on Halo 3 with the coupon from FV. This may be worth making a new account for. When's this game coming out? Will it actually come out this time? Nice thing about FV is that this price probably won't go up even after it comes out. They're preorder prices seems to stay even after release.

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']so it doesnt matter that you didnt actually buy it from them?[/quote]

Techbargains doesn't sell the games. they just want to encourage people to review products for their bargain hunter type site.

[quote name='Thrinn']I've got about a dozen unopened games to play through before I get to Zelda, I don't mind the wait if it'll save me about 1/3 off the game. And yeah, I'm still waiting for Persona 3, also.[/quote]

same, waiting for persona3. but eh, no rush to play and i just cant pass up on these deals :D

[quote name='botticus']It's better for everyone if you request the forms when you actually buy the game. Otherwise all too often you'll end up with forms you don't use as a result of requesting too many or ending up not buying the game, which screws things up for everyone else.[/quote]

I agree to some extent. I wouldn't just go around requesting forms. I've only requested forms for games that I'm 100% sure I'll buy as soon as they are released.

[quote name='Thrinn']I've got about a dozen unopened games to play through before I get to Zelda, I don't mind the wait if it'll save me about 1/3 off the game. And yeah, I'm still waiting for Persona 3, also.[/QUOTE]

Well, you arent likely to find too many deals for Nintendo branded games. They let their stuff sit for quite a while before offering price cuts.

Of course TRU or someplace might do their own, but thats YMMV rather than an across the board cut.

bread's done
Back