Zelda: Phantom Hourglass pre-order $25.98 (or $27.98) shipped from familyvideo

crunchewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
The coupon codes have been reported, but I don't think anyone has noted that familyvideo.com has The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass available for pre-order for $29.99 + 0.99 shipping - $5 off for new customers or $3 off for existing customers with coupon. Net price is $25.98 or $27.98. Amazon is listing a price of $34.99 for it.

$5 off new customers: NEWPGMEM
$3 off existing custs: NEWMEM3F

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=276190

Of course this game isn't going to ship until October, so other deals might come up, but this one sounds pretty good to me. I did put in an order and the $5 off coupon, at least, did work with this pre-order.

Shipped this morning. Man its so good to pre-order a game that ships 4 days after release. Waiting for it to ship is one thing but waiting 4 days for the order to make it that far is a rediculous. Id be super pissed if it was a game i really wanted to play right away.

[quote name='Billservo']Yeah, but you wouldn't have bought it from there either :)[/quote]

Thats true because im a cheap ass. its just the principal i guess.

And it hasn't been 4 days, only 2. We all wish it would have shipped well before, but it really isn't a big deal.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Shipped this morning. Man its so good to pre-order a game that ships 4 days after release. Waiting for it to ship is one thing but waiting 4 days for the order to make it that far is a rediculous. Id be super pissed if it was a game i really wanted to play right away.[/quote]
You should pretty much know with 99 cents shipping you're going to be waiting a while to get the game. You can't have it both ways usually. The fastest way to get it is always to go to the stores but that's also the most expensive. You get what you pay for and it's either be patient or go to the store and pay full price.

Uh question though for you guys that got yours is it through the Post office or UPS or fed ex or what.

I'm actually out of the country right now, but I was told that my package arrived today. FYI, I did the 99 cent shipping option.

Got mine today too, took just 2 days to ship, but I got in on this deal early, not sure if that made a difference.

Played the game a couple hours, its a Zelda game alright, very fun, graphics are top notch, makes you see how a lot of developers aren't taking advantage of what the ds can do. I like the stylus controls, but they're not perfect.

I got mine yesterday as well :) I guess all of the worries about FamilyVideo not shipping quickly aren't needed anymore...they beat the low end of their estimated arrival date by 3 days :)

got my mine yesterday, shipped on the 3rd received on the 5th-i was kinda worried cause i heard stories about family video-but took it only 3 days to go from il to ca-pretty good. game is really good-nice intro.

Got this today. Wish they never shipped it and just gave me my damn refund. I'll be returning to sender Monday or Tuesday.

[quote name='Rocko']Got this today. Wish they never shipped it and just gave me my damn refund. I'll be returning to sender Monday or Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

are you serious? the game came out on a tuesday, you paid 99 cents for shipping and got it on saturday..... what did you expect?

Came out to $27.85 for me thanks to sales tax. I never see first party Nintendo games go on sale especially on the DS so I just went for it. They ship from my state so I hope it gets here soon.

I'm not real impressed with familyvideo so far. I placed an order using the coupon for new customers on 9/20. Then I received 2 order confirmation emails with different amounts and order numbers. I wrote their customer service to tell them that I only placed one order and ask if the double emails were a glitch. On 9/26 I received an email saying that it had been a website problem and they had cancelled the more expensive order. Then, on 10/3, they shipped me two copies of the game and charged my credit card twice, once with the coupon applied and once at regular price. I've yet to receive anything from them in the mail and was unable to get through to their customer service line this morning. This will probably be the last thing I order from them.

Yeah they sure aren't perfect. They never cancel orders correctly if you preorder a game that comes out in 2009 and cancel it today they'll still ship it to you when the game releases. Even though they'll send you a cancellation notice confirming it's cancelled it somehow gets shipped anyway something's flawed with their system.

[quote name='maxfisher']I'm not real impressed with familyvideo so far. This will probably be the last thing I order from them.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad. I had the opposite experience. FV Will definitely get my business again.

I was hoping I would receive this game so i would have something to play on my downtime at work. Damn 3-day weekend. Hopefully arrives tomorrow along with my Penguin cases.

BTW, I just checked and the pen survey is up; it can be found on the promo page. Hadn't seen this mentioned, but between all the complaints of slow shipping and double charges I might have missed it.

BTW, my FV order came in over the weekend (guessing Friday or Sat but I was gone since thursday), and I'm very happy with the cost and shipping time. Now I just need GS to accept my return...

My copy arrived today, though I haven't broken the shrinkwrap yet. I'm still working on Minish Cap and want to finish that first - does anyone know if there is a time limit on the free quill stylus offer?

Well I just ordered Monday morning and my status is stuck at "In Fullfillment". I wonder if it's backordered now. Hope not. :(

I didn't get a shipping email but I checked the status on their website and it says it shipped out today. Guess it's not backordered afterall.

They never replied to my email, so I called them today (ordered 9/30, still hasn't shipped). I was told they are backordered now despite saying in stock on their website and that it should ship in a couple days. They also upgraded the shipping for me.

bread's done
Back