Zelda Wii U Bundle $98.71 @ Sams Club(YMMV)

You guys all know you don't have to individually ask leavinhope to check your local stores? If he checks, he'll give results on markdowns everywhere they are active. No need for 100 "check mine pleese!" posts.
All the Cags will look up and shout "Save us!"... and you'll look down and whisper "No.”

Do all sams clubs have the wii u discounted in their system? How can I know whether I could buy at full price, return, and then buy at the discounted price?

Yea tried that not all clubs list the price of the system.
Don't listen to chimpmeister.

The only ways to know is to have already known the price before someone else brought it.

Find the post that Leavinhope posted (look at this entire thread) that shows which stores had it and for what price.

Go to the mobile site and change the location for the item. If no price shows up, the store doesn't have it. If a price is there, they may have it but it could still not be there. But you know the price of that store.

Or go to the store (w/ your WiiU or maybe the item number) and asked for a price check. I'm not sure if they can check since it wouldn't be in their system.

This deal is an extreme YMMV so expect to do a lot of work to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="ThatOneGuyWho" post="12070965" timestamp="1410023259"]Don't listen to chimpmeister.

The only ways to know is to have already known the price before someone else brought it.
Find the post that Leavinhope posted (look at this entire thread) that shows which stores had it and for what price.
Go to the mobile site and change the location for the item. If no price shows up, the store doesn't have it. If a price is there, they may have it but it could still not be there. But you know the price of that store.
Or go to the store (w/ your WiiU or maybe the item number) and asked for a price check. I'm not sure if they can check since it wouldn't be in their system.

This deal is an extreme YMMV so expect to do a lot of work to get it.[/quote]
Mine says "Only Sold In Club. Visit Club For Pricing.

Unfortunately, there aren't any Sam's Clubs in New York :/
Are you referring to New York City or something? I live in upstate New York and my area definitely has at least two running. I was just at one of my local Sam's Clubs two days ago for both food and gas...

There are only 2 Sam's in the WNY area and I watch the prices at them religiously. What I can see happening is that employees will grab the items as soon as they hit price drops so the item never makes it to the shelf after the drop. Items here drop about every 2 weeks. You can't blame them cause working at Sam's is a crappy job. Basically you have to go to the club on a regular basis to watch prices. There are no Nintendo systems at the club closest to me of any kind, may be some 3DS's at the other club but those are YMMV if they have them or not.

Another problem is our 2 Sam's clubs are very in accurate, either that or they have a lot of shrink if you know what I mean. This means that even if you see a placeholder card for an item chances are they will not have it. I watched the Wii U here drop to $159 but it was an open box item and who knows if it had all the stuff anyways. I only knew it was there because I could physically see it sitting there. Once it hit that last drop after $159 it dissappered likely purchased by an employee.

Mine says "Only Sold In Club. Visit Club For Pricing.
That means they don't have it in the store. If it shows the price than they should have it but still call and make sure (ask for the item number).

Not sure how working at Sam's is a crappy job. They (at least in my area) get paid $10+/hour starting. They either sit around at customer service / card services or work the registers (which isn't hard to do). Unlike Walmart, people in Sam's don't complain for no reason and actually respect the employees there. If anything, it's one of the best starting jobs for anyone.

Also, can we please stop blaming people for missing out on a deal. You missed out on a deal so all of a sudden it must be the employees. Could have been someone else who has been stalking the deal, or a random customer who saw that price too. There are a lot of factors to purchasing an item, not all of them are "working against you".

That means they don't have it in the store. If it shows the price than they should have it but still call and make sure (ask for the item number).

Not sure how working at Sam's is a crappy job. They (at least in my area) get paid $10+/hour starting. They either sit around at customer service / card services or work the registers (which isn't hard to do). Unlike Walmart, people in Sam's don't complain for no reason and actually respect the employees there. If anything, it's one of the best starting jobs for anyone.

Also, can we please stop blaming people for missing out on a deal. You missed out on a deal so all of a sudden it must be the employees. Could have been someone else who has been stalking the deal, or a random customer who saw that price too. There are a lot of factors to purchasing an item, not all of them are "working against you".
Ten dollars an hour is abominable where I live. Every retail store pays at least that. Depends on where you live. I agree though that SAMs isn't bad to work at. One of my best friends works there as a stock guy and makes over twenty an hour and he's worked there for a decade now so it can't be that bad.

One of my close friends works at our Sam's and says it's horrible and the customers are the most disrespectful that they have ever seen and this is someone who has held many public service jobs in the past so they are not just saying that. $10 would be good here because the minimum is like $8 I think.

A lot of the workers are just nasty at my Sam's they don't try to help you. Another problem I have is their POS system is antiquated, even though everything is stored on a membership card they cannot look up transactions, you have to have a receipt because this is "policy". If you don't have a receipt you get the lowest price in the system regardless when making a return. Pretty much any other store with a card can look up transactions so this is ridiculous. One time I had to make a return and was yelled at for not getting out my receipt fast enough. I wouldn't even bother with Sam's except my family insists.

May I ask someone to check Maryland? Laurel, Gaithersburg, Catonsville, Severn, Annapolis, Owings Mills, Frederick, and Timonium are all within 1 hr from me (area code 20740). 

bread's done
Back