Zellers: 20% off software & accessories

Mr.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got a Zellers flyer in the mail today, for May 22nd to 28th. They'll have 20% off all regular priced 360, PS2, PS3 and PSP software and accessories. Probably making room for more Nintendo.

I must be missing something... By "PS3 Software", they mean "games". Right?

If that's the case, It'd mean "Infamous" for $56?

If it's like the last x off for accessories, at least for my Zellers, they won't count points cards as part of the deal.

So here's hoping for something good.

How much are decent PS2 games their usually, last time I bought a game from their was a few months ago when they had their 2 for $30 sale. I didn't really pay attention to the prices but a lot of the games were shovelware (luckily i was able to pick up a Eyetoy 2 bundle and Ratchet Deadlocked).

Aren't points cards accessories? Every other retailer sees it that way...stupid % off, Wal-Mart PMs are YMMV and I have a gift card :(

[quote name='game_fanatic']Time to price match at FS for some points' cards! Thanks OP![/QUOTE] Personally, I've had no luck price-matching deals without an exact monetary value on the flyer. It's still worth a try since I have a few BB and FS gift cards.

[quote name='TheCurse9']I must be missing something... By "PS3 Software", they mean "games". Right?[/QUOTE] Yes, games are software. They had a picture of Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, God of War Chains of Olympus, SOCOM FTB2, BUZZ!, along a couple of Dual Shocks, PSP headphones and a 360 controller.

[quote name='neksus']Aren't points cards accessories? Every other retailer sees it that way...stupid % off, Wal-Mart PMs are YMMV and I have a gift card :([/QUOTE]
Last time they had a Buy One Get One 1/2 Off for accessories and I got Wii Points for it. Since Nintendo's not included this time around, I rarely find MS Points cards at Zellers. I've only seen a couple in one place and that was out in Brampton's Shoppers World.

[quote name='TheCurse9']I must be missing something... By "PS3 Software", they mean "games". Right?

If that's the case, It'd mean "Infamous" for $56?[/QUOTE]
If it is than I know where I'm going next week

[quote name='rkenshin']Does Zeller even get new games in a timely fashion? I thought they're like 2 weeks later than other stores[/QUOTE]
I dunno, but that's where I'll be going come May 26th.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Time to price match at FS for some points' cards! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]so how do you match there.. you buy then go back and match? or bring the flyer and match as you buy?

cool. in the states I went to price match to BestBuy and they only give the 110% if you price match afterwards. otherwise it's just 100% match which was kinda annoying.

I stopped at the one at Warden and Finch and didn't see anything special.

On a slightly related note, I saw a copy of Drill Dozer for the GBA in the bargain bin for $20.

Took the flyer to my local FS and picked up:
Battlefield: Bad Company-$15.99
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY-$23.99
Dark Sector-$7.99
2800 XBL Points-$31.99

I also picked up a Monster (I know, I know) iPod kit, comes with a wall charger, an FM Transmitter, a splitter and an audio connector, for $27.99. It's a three day special FS has, and it's a great package if you want to listen to your iPod in the car!

yeah that's what I figured...I mainly bought it for the FM transmitter and the wall charger; now I don't need to plug it into a USB port to keep'r going!

Hmm, interesting, the price on the FS website has jumped to $69.99! I think when I purchased it the cashier manually adjusted the price to $27.99. YMMV, I guess.

I just went to my local Zellers (Montreal) and I have to say that this sale really isn't worth it.
Zellers game prices don't follow the same price drops as other stores like BB, FS and GS/EBgames. Almost everything was way to expensive compared to the same product elsewhere. Anybody who actually shops around would see that. At best the game price are on par with some other stores.

Be careful with this sale, 20% off a game that is twice the price just doesn't add up...

[quote name='charleytony']I just went to my local Zellers (Montreal) and I have to say that this sale really isn't worth it.
Zellers game prices don't follow the same price drops as other stores like BB, FS and GS/EBgames. Almost everything was way to expensive compared to the same product elsewhere. Anybody who actually shops around would see that. At best the game price are on par with some other stores.

Be careful with this sale, 20% off a game that is twice the price just doesn't add up...[/QUOTE]

lol i agree with this. i found battlefield badcompay for 64.99 :)

Some more Zellers price lolz:

Jericho: 69.99
Burnout Paradise: 44.99

I guess they're hoping people will fall for the 20% off sale...

And a Best Buy price lol:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2: 74.99 (normal, not any limited edition or anything)

does anyone know if i can use the web flyer print out to PM walmart? want to get my infamous for $56 on tuesday...

[quote name='markj']does anyone know if i can use the web flyer print out to PM walmart? want to get my infamous for $56 on tuesday...[/QUOTE]
I tried it but they said no. It has to be a specific dollar amount for Walmart to PM apparently. My local Zellers still haven't got their copies of inFamous in so I can't even buy it from them.

I went to Zellers at the Warden and Finch mall and they told me that the 20% off was only for accessories. Should i take the flyer and show it to them? I really want UFC 2009 but not for $69.99

I just love the pricing at Zellers on games.

Guitar Hero Aerosmith $39.99
NHL 2K7 for $39.99 or on super sale NHL 2K8 for $34.99. At least if nothing else, Zellers provided me with a good laugh.

So my brother went by Zellers in Kingston on the 26th looking for inFamous, which has a street date of the 26th. They didn't have it in stock and the employee said if they didn't have it now they might not get it for 2 months. Whaaaat?

I convinced my brother how awesome the game is though, so he's gonna pony up the $70 elsewhere.

Rainy weather + no bus pass + the only transportation is a motorcycle = me not being able to hit the Zellers or anything the last few days. ugh

bread's done
Back