Zellers March 17th Sale

CoffeeMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
A friend of mine who works at zellers told me he saw the sale for next week.

Wii & Gamecube 2/40$ (games at 59.97)
PS2 slim - 100$
PS2 and PSP greatest hits - 20$
Xbox Platinum Hits - 20$
Game Boy Advance Player's Choice Games - 20$

To Lockescythe:
best buy always tries to do that to me. Last time I went (I had a free copy of COD2) I brought the wrong receipt (seemed right to me. It said I bought it the game with SC:DA, but I apparently got another one). They said I needed my reciept, so I told them to look it up in their database, to which the employee replied "we don't have a database." Ok, now I'm just fuming, but yeah, companies always try to screw people out of deals, especially Best Buy (gotta love them duplicated websites).

This will be an insane deal if Canada wide....although the flyer sort of has a grand opening/boxy day deal crasher sort of look to it. Hopefully I can pick up tiger woods golf on saturday! :)

Some people over on RFD are discussing that it might be 2 Zelda games for $40, but how much sense does that make to get two copies of the same game (even if it's for two different consoles).

[quote name='TheBigBoi']Some people over on RFD are discussing that it might be 2 Zelda games for $40, but how much sense does that make to get two copies of the same game (even if it's for two different consoles).[/quote]

Well, it's essentially Zelda Wii for $2. Zelda GCN trades in for $38 at EB =P

[quote name='Firestorm']Well, it's essentially Zelda Wii for $2. Zelda GCN trades in for $38 at EB =P[/quote]

Even better, Wii Zelda trades in for a nice $40 at EB. :applause:

Awesome, but it does sound like an error. It's either:

A) Going to be true, or
B) You'll see an ad correction notice at the front doors, in electronics, or both.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Awesome, but it does sound like an error. It's either:

A) Going to be true, or
B) You'll see an ad correction notice at the front doors, in electronics, or both.[/quote]

True.

Either this thread will be flooding with happy CAG's on March 17th, or be written off and dropped down faster than Paris Hilton's singing career.

[quote name='idontknow69']OMG it is, lol i would have been a day late thanks[/quote]welcome, make sure you get your dates right next time, wouldn't want someone missing out on awesome deals :)

[quote name='TheBigBoi']Some people over on RFD are discussing that it might be 2 Zelda games for $40, but how much sense does that make to get two copies of the same game (even if it's for two different consoles).[/quote]
Those are actually the 2 games I'm most wanting out of the deal ;) Different versions of Zelda = good IMO. Heck I've already collected most of the Zelda packaging variations out there, that's buying multiples of 100% identical games :bouncy:

Any way you slice it, this sale is going to be a mess and there will be people sorely disappointed. They'll be disappointed because it'll be an error, or it won't... and I don't have enough faith in humanity that I'll get anything noteworthy... and I think a lot of people will be in the same boat, unless electronics staff are smart enough to prevent people from clearing them out singlehandedly.

I don't need to add to the backlog, but there's at least one Wii game (Elebits) that's pretty high on my want list and is well worth the hassle to get for this sort of price.

(If it is an error, I could definitely see the error being: Buy two $59.99 games and get them for $40 each. Still a good deal, but not fantastic).

I can comfirm it is not an error since I got an e-mail back from Zellers.

Q: In your March 17th-23rd Zellers flyer, on p. 5 it listed Nintendo Wii
and Gamecube games at 2 for $40, does count for all Wii and Gamecube
games or just the ones at the regular prices of $59.99?

A: Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate you taking the time to
communicate with us. The games that are included in this promotion are
only the games which are regular price $59.99.

Regards,
Denise
Hbc service solutions

Too bad it could not be all the games.

Someone posted to RFD that they called Zellers (don't think they specified "store" or "corporate") and were told it was a misprint, and that the deal was really 40$ for a 59.99$ Wii or GC game (not 2/40$).

For what that's worth. Still not a bad deal, though.

[quote name='skule123']Someone posted to RFD that they called Zellers (don't think they specified "store" or "corporate") and were told it was a misprint, and that the deal was really 40$ for a 59.99$ Wii or GC game (not 2/40$).

For what that's worth. Still not a bad deal, though.[/quote]oh well, at the least i can still grab zelda gc and warioware

Alright, this is confusing. Here are the possibilities I have composed:

1.) Any two Wii and/or GC games for $40
2.) ONE Wii and ONE GC game for $40 total
3.) One Zelda: TP (Wii) and One Zelda:TP (GC) for $40 total
4.) Any ONE Wii game for $40 or any ONE GC game for $40

Feel free to add.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Alright, this is confusing. Here are the possibilities I have composed:

1.) Any two Wii and/or GC games for $40
2.) ONE Wii and ONE GC game for $40 total
3.) One Zelda: TP (Wii) and One Zelda:TP (GC) for $40 total
4.) Any ONE Wii game for $40 or any ONE GC game for $40

Feel free to add.[/quote]I'm gonna go with door #4

Haha, well I can't say it would suprise me. Zellers has an awesome way of really sucking :D

Remember when we all were fooled by the POKEMON PLUSHIES :D

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Wow, the 2/$40 on the Wii is kick ass to the max.

But please, try not to hoard. Some people may actually want to buy the game for PLAYING instead of doing trade-ins at EB.

Be a responsible CAG.[/quote]

I can't emphasize this enough.

Common decency means that you purchase only what you need and leave the rest for others.

We don't like scalping.

We don't like hoarding.

We especially don't like cleaning a place out of something others want (i.e. anything that's not shovelware/a shelfwarmer/junk) so that you can do trade-ins at EB/BB.

Let's not be lumped in with some of the more unscrupulous ones at the RFD forums.

[quote name='maigoyume']hoarding is lame, in any case the only person i'll have to fight for games with is Firestorm :) if i'm recalling correctly hes the only CAG around my area[/quote]

[AHEM!]

I just bought TP on monday, too.
I suppose I could grab one from Zellers and return it to eb and get my $60 back, but It's not really worth the trouble for the $20 difference.

Is there a list somewhere of all the $60 GC games at zellers?
I'm still looking for a good deal on Chibi Robo, and I'd pay $40 for it.

If I get time on Friday, I'll check out what's available at the Zellers in Toronto at Dupont&Dufferin, and post my findings.

Kedawa, I picked up Chibi Robo at zellers for 30 a few weeks ago.
They reduced that and Battallion Wars to 30 countrywide I think.
you'd be lucky to find one for that price now,though.

[quote name='kedawa']I just bought TP on monday, too.
I suppose I could grab one from Zellers and return it to eb and get my $60 back, but It's not really worth the trouble for the $20 difference.

[/quote]$20 is another game, so well worth it IMO, but if you don't have the time then i guess its not worth it

Yep, passed by my Zellers today, and the clerk knew that it was 1 for 40$ and not 2 for 40$. So good luck to all of you who still think you can pull it off ;)

[quote name='projectkuro']Yep, passed by my Zellers today, and the clerk knew that it was 1 for 40$ and not 2 for 40$. So good luck to all of you who still think you can pull it off ;)[/quote]ah well, its still $20 off so not bad

"In this week's flyer we have incorrectly advertised Nintendo® Wii™ and Nintendo® GameCube™ Games at 2/$40. The correct description and price is Nintendo® Wii™ Zelda Twilight Princess or Nintendo® GameCube™ Zelda Twilight Princess at $40 each."

Wow, not even any Gamecube or Wii game, just Twilight Princess for either console? I guess it's not a bad deal if you're still missing the game, but still...

[quote name='dipsetrenegade']"In this week's flyer we have incorrectly advertised Nintendo® Wii™ and Nintendo® GameCube™ Games at 2/$40. The correct description and price is Nintendo® Wii™ Zelda Twilight Princess or Nintendo® GameCube™ Zelda Twilight Princess at $40 each."[/quote]
I'll be in Buffalo this weekend trying for some hot clearance deals/deals in general, but If I was home, I'd make Zellers offer me the 2/40. They should be liable for misprints, not you.

[quote name='dipsetrenegade']"In this week's flyer we have incorrectly advertised Nintendo® Wii™ and Nintendo® GameCube™ Games at 2/$40. The correct description and price is Nintendo® Wii™ Zelda Twilight Princess or Nintendo® GameCube™ Zelda Twilight Princess at $40 each."[/quote]where did you find this from?

[quote name='maigoyume']where did you find this from?[/quote]

yeah my friend just told me that management told them about the misquoted deal :p

Okay, so, the first thing we heard from Zellers, was, 2/$40
then we got clarification from zellers: only 59.99 games
Then someone else heard from zellers: only 1/$40
And now zellers is saying only Zelda?

Even the FLYER site contradicts itself:
" Nintendo® Wii and GameCube Games
document.write(gPrice_Title)Price: 2/ $40
Reg. 59.99 ea.

In this week's flyer we have incorrectly advertised Nintendo® Wii™ and Nintendo® GameCube™ Games at 2/$40. The correct description and price is Nintendo® Wii™ Zelda Twilight Princess or Nintendo® GameCube™ Zelda Twilight Princess at $40 each."

Honestly, it seems like nobody at Zellers can agree to what this deal is!

(to the above poster)
The deal is either versions of Zelda for $40. Everything else has been heard from employees or friends of zellers employees. Zellers has corrected the error on their website, but you can still try by getting lucky and visiting an employee who has no clue about error correction.

[quote name='CaptainCharismaCCC'](to the above poster)
Zellers has corrected the error on their website, but you can still try by getting lucky and visiting an employee who has no clue about error correction.[/quote]

Damn right. It aint over until it is over.

But doesn't it seem wierd that dispite how everyone at zellers knew it was a mistake, most of them were mistaken as to what kind of mistake it was?

Just went to the mall to pick up God of War 2 (sorry, had to throw that in as an aside) and dropped by Zellers. I talked with one of the employees and she said it was a typo and they've posted a note describing the 2/40 error all over the front counter and the glass cases containing the wii games.

She did, however, mention that some employees might allow any wii game go for 40$, not just the Zelda. Might be a decent deal for ssx blur or something.

I'd really love a copy of Elebits at this price, but I don't want to bang my head against the wall to do it (hate dealing with PMs, especially in this sort of situation). Ah well...

bread's done
Back