Zellers March 17th Sale

CoffeeMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
A friend of mine who works at zellers told me he saw the sale for next week.

Wii & Gamecube 2/40$ (games at 59.97)
PS2 slim - 100$
PS2 and PSP greatest hits - 20$
Xbox Platinum Hits - 20$
Game Boy Advance Player's Choice Games - 20$

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My zellers did it.

Got Zelda, SSX, Rayman and Sonic.

Came up to 90$ after taxes.

[quote name='Lockescythe']oh and for those wondering where.

Queensway Zellers. between islington and kipling.

Toronto.[/quote]

This is in Etobicoke correct?
I will go there now. But what did you do to get the deal?

It's a long trip for me to get there though.

I just went to the clerk and bought the games.

They had a paper sticky thingy on the case that said 2 for 40.

There were a couple before me who bought 8 wii games at once so at that point I knew the deal was on.

Thank you for the info. But I have a feeling it will be cleared out or void when I get there. It's worth a shot.

well.

there wasn't much in the way of good stuff left anyway.

I think they still had ssx and Zelda.

I got the last sonic. People before me got the last red steel.

Their entire stock was all gone when I got there.

The store found out about the correction afterwards though as I arrived.

Boo :(

The stores in Ottawa aren't honouring anything. One (Bayshore) said there wasn't even a sale at all (as in not even 1 zelda for 40 bucks). The others had a paper stating the mistake put up everywhere, like others in this thread mentioned.

For those that had it working, if ANYBODY is willing, can you PLEASE pick me up a copy of Red Steel?

yeah i tried to go to my local zellers. they knew about the correction. then i tried to go to walmart to price match, but they also knew it was a mistake.

[quote name='titanium']Zelda is on sale for the Wii and GC for sure, they just don't know it. Here both titles scanned at 20$ first shot.[/quote]wow $20!? do you mind picking me up a copy for the gc, i can pay you via paypal :)

Did it really scan as that? Was it early this morning?

I went for another trip around Ottawa trying to price match. It's a no go, Ottawa is locked down. They were all willing to price match, but when they called Zellers to check for stock, the Zellers person told them the flyer had a misprint. That's not what they asked, jerks!!!

Ah well. It's a nice snowy day here, so it was worth the drive.

I could use a Red Steel and a Zelda GCN if at all possible though ;[

Zelda is now sold out in every Zellers in my part of town.

Here's what i got this morning.

Elebits, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Zelda Wii and Zelda GC. All at 20$
I pricematch at Walmart and I got lucky. I was the first one this morning to pricematch the offer at Walmart.

Then I picked up Trauma Center for 40$ at FutureShop since they were pricematching zellers offer by selling all Wii games at 40$. Obviously only if you were aware of the offer at Zellers.

My friend got the last GC Zelda at the Zellers where I live and it scanned at 20$. When we checked 3 other Zellers, they were sold out of Zelda.

Basically, the Zellers here are doing "40$ for any Wii/GC games under 59.99" and "20$ for Zelda Wii or GC".

Nice deal.

Thank you so much to the person who started this thread; it was a great heads-up.

Here's our story:

We got up early to hit Zellers at 9 AM. When we got there, we took a few flyers and went to the electronics section. Not surprisingly, they were all out of the Zeldas and had a several correction notices posted on the cases.

We took the flyers and went to Wal-mart, where we asked the clerk to get a stack of Wii games from the cabinet for us. When he went to ring them through as a price match, he had to call his manager over. The manager said we could only have TWO each at that price, so we got ours and headed out.

Next we hit FutureShop, and asked them if they price matched. The cashier there rang through our games without any incident. They had a couple games that the Wal-mart didn't, like Trauma Centre and Elebits.

Finally, we took our chances with a second Wal-mart on the way home. The floor manager at this one was a lot cooler about the deal and didn't impose any restrictions on us. He had a good, long look at the flyer himself and asked if he could keep it, haha.

So that's our story. We had some good fortune and I hope this deal works out for you guys, too

I went to zellers they didn't allow the sale of 2 for 20, they had correction notices up. I went to two walmarts, the first one i went to ALREADY KNEW OF THE TYPO. i went to another walmart and i had to go to customer service to get an override, got monkeyball and SSX for 20 bux a peice. and a ps2 for 100 bux.

I hit my local Zellers. They had notices up saying the deal was only for Zelda @ $40 a pop. They were sold out.

I'm picked up a slim PS2 though. My brother also picked up a PS2 for himself, but he had to wait over half an hour in line dispite being only a few positions behind me. These sales bring out Super-Asshole-CAGs, who stockup on PS2s and try to signup for multiple Zellers credit cards..... It worked for them, they got an additional 10% off, and my brother was late for work.

Local future shop (upper james hamilton) price matched - the cashier took the security cases off and told me to go to customer service where they'd phone.. and customer service didn't phone. Got Sonic and Elebits.

haha I was thinking of trying it...I just couldn't get myself to try it though... I know this'll sound lame, but I'd feel dishonest cause they did update their flyer and I dunno...I'd feel bad.

[quote name='Spades22']haha I was thinking of trying it...I just couldn't get myself to try it though... I know this'll sound lame, but I'd feel dishonest cause they did update their flyer and I dunno...I'd feel bad.[/quote]

Tell me about it...I feel bad for trying to pricematch something I knew was a misprint.

Especially since the people at futureshop and best buy were real nice...

I got PMed at my local best buy. But they were very sceptical and would onyl allow games the zellers around me had in stock.

So I couldn;t get trauma center.

Got a extra Zelda and a Red Steel Instead 20$ each though.

Cloverdale mall was a no go same with the zellers at dundas west.

I have a sealed Zelda which Im prolly just gonna trade into EB for 40.

PM me if you wanna pick it up off me in toronto in the next couple of days. I'll also trade it for Truama Center if anyone has that extra,

[quote name='Griptor']Tell me about it...I feel bad for trying to pricematch something I knew was a misprint.

Especially since the people at futureshop and best buy were real nice...[/quote]its kinda like that time i PMed the walmart FFV misprint at FS, the guy was pretty cool about it so i felt bad, then his bum of a manager showed up and gave me a hard time, i was planning on walking out with 5 copies (1 for myself and 4 for trading) but i ended up with only 3

I had my brother (I had to go to work) try to PM FS and BB at Heartland, no go. The CSRs on the floor saw the games in his hands with the zellers flyer and they stopped him before he hit the counter saying it's a typo. Rats I wanted to get Elebits and Sonic.

On RFD quite a few members got any Wii game for $40, and some even managed the 2/40 as well.

It's Monday, so there's hopefully a new batch of MODs/CSRs to haggle with.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']On RFD quite a few members got any Wii game for $40, and some even managed the 2/40 as well.

It's Monday, so there's hopefully a new batch of MODs/CSRs to haggle with.[/quote]

yeah FS, BB, and WM will probally get more people price matching today. i think most of the stores know about this price error already.

[quote name='amicus']yeah i tried to go to my local zellers. they knew about the correction. then i tried to go to walmart to price match, but they also knew it was a mistake.[/quote]

i think most stores know about this by now.

If anyone wants to cash in on their GC version of Zelda:TP, I have a fresh receipt for $60+tx that I payed for it when I bought it from eb a week ago. I'll mail it to anyone interested, no strings attached. I just don't like eb ;)
I don't know what their return policy is, but at the very least, it'll get you ~$69 in store credit.

[quote name='kedawa']If anyone wants to cash in on their GC version of Zelda:TP, I have a fresh receipt for $60+tx that I payed for it when I bought it from eb a week ago. I'll mail it to anyone interested, no strings attached. I just don't like eb ;)
I don't know what their return policy is, but at the very least, it'll get you ~$69 in store credit.[/quote]

Oh, yeah:D:D:D, I want it if it's still available. Oh, wait, are you located in Quebec. Otherwise, i doubt that they would take a receipt from another province.

[quote name='titanium']Oh, yeah:D:D:D, I want it if it's still available. Oh, wait, are you located in Quebec. Otherwise, i doubt that they would take a receipt from another province.[/quote]

Just say you were down in Quebec for March Break! I don't see why they wouldn't honour it...hopefully the SKU/UPC numbers match up, but I don't see why they wouldn't.

I was reading the zellers flyer fine print, and I noticed something:
- It does not say anything like "we reserve the right to change the price" or "in case of an error"... in fact, it says that if in a local store, there'sa different price, the lower of the prices will be used. There's lots of stuff in there about reserving various price-related rights, but nothing about printing errors.
- The pricematch policy outlined doesn't say anything about not pricematching errors and only pricematching other stores - it says if you find a lower advertised price for a local canadian retailer (not OTHER canadian retailer) on an identical item they'll be happy to price match it.

If that's really their policy, all they can do is use their right to limit quantities to limit you to zero, whatever signs they put up, right?

i just picked up Super Monkey Ball yesterday for $40.00. They let me have any Wii game for $40.

I don't even own a Wii yet!!! :lol:

Just to point out if anybody wanted to pickup anything and it was out of stock, Zellers gives out rainchecks. So if you spotted your Zellers sellout because they actually did 2/$40 you should still be able to get this deal.

[quote name='ragnar14']Just to point out if anybody wanted to pickup anything and it was out of stock, Zellers gives out rainchecks. So if you spotted your Zellers sellout because they actually did 2/$40 you should still be able to get this deal.[/quote]

YMMV

i think every Zellers in Canada have found out about the price error already.

[quote name='stooples2k3']YMMV

i think every Zellers in Canada have found out about the price error already.[/quote]

not in Quebec :p

[quote name='stooples2k3']YMMV

i think every Zellers in Canada have found out about the price error already.[/quote]
True enough, but I for one wanted Zelda even @ $40 and couldn't find one.

[quote name='ragnar14']True enough, but I for one wanted Zelda even @ $40 and couldn't find one.[/quote]

most of Zellers in my area have one copy of each game! Busier stores like RCSS and Walmart restock more frequently.

bread's done
Back