zombieland

Wow ... the Nut Up or Shut Up edition was crazy rare. Kind of ridiculous actually, since when I called my BB they told me they had "65 of the special Best Buy edition" and when I got there, they had a ton of the regular Bluray and exactly 1 of the Nut Up or Shut Up editions left. Evidently, as we learned with the Fable 2 Platinum Hits fiasco, Best Buy employees don't know jack about their own store's special editions.

I have to admit, I was somewhat hesitant to grab the Nut Up or Shut Up edition because it kind of ruins the art on the Bluray, but I figured a bonus DVD is better than a nice clean cover.

glad i went during my lunch break to grab this...got the second to last "nut up or shut up" edition which was hidden behind tons of regular editions in the cardboard display in the front of the store. looks like this special edition is going to end up being really rare.

[quote name='Tardcore']Yeah, this is true, and I used to manage one.

If you pre-order a movie from them, they'll beat the lowest price from any B&M store in the nation.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I currently work at one, and the reserve prices are OFTEN phenomenal, and at the very least - they'll always be the cheapest. I think District 9 on blu ray was $18.87 on day 1.

[quote name='chuckstaton']Yup, I currently work at one, and the reserve prices are OFTEN phenomenal, and at the very least - they'll always be the cheapest. I think District 9 on blu ray was $18.87 on day 1.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, totally I always use Movie Stop to pre-order all my .... .. oh wait, there aren't any in California ... yeah, think I'll stick with Best Buy and Frys round these parts ;)

Hah, was able to grab the LAST "Nut Up or Shut Up" BD that my store had to offer. On the Zombieland display up front, EVERYTHING was taken except one standard DVD copy...

So i went to the New Releases movie section where they had a bit more DVD standard and 2 disc "Nut Up or Shut Up" editions...but only THREE Blu-Rays and none were the special edition.

Then I decided to check out the BD alphabetically and found ONE special edition laid lazily near the "Z" titled movies....

needless to say, I felt I lucked out...also used my $10 RZ certificate so it came out to be $16.04.

Wonder if I should leave this sealed for collectors or just enjoy it hehe

Luckily my brother found me a NUOSU Blu at BB yesterday...they only had one left and it was hidden off to the side! I agree the art is kinda lame but you gotta love an extra disc of zombie-stuff!

BB really needs to have more copies of these exclusives! I swear, if you don't go before 12 noon on Tuesday, you are most likely not going to find one!

[quote name='joeyatog']Luckily my brother found me a NUOSU Blu at BB yesterday...they only had one left and it was hidden off to the side! I agree the art is kinda lame but you gotta love an extra disc of zombie-stuff!

BB really needs to have more copies of these exclusives! I swear, if you don't go before 12 noon on Tuesday, you are most likely not going to find one![/QUOTE]

Hah, I feel ya...but isn't that kind of the purpose of exclusives?

[quote name='Britshady']When did Michael Cera show up? I haven't seen it yet but the guy in the movie is the same guy from Adventureland, Jesse Eisenberg

Would have been funny as hell to see Michael Cera shooting Zombies though.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, man I get these new kids confused. I need to get my eyes checked...FLOL

[quote name='karkyco']HAHAHA, man I get these new kids confused. I need to get my eyes checked...FLOL[/QUOTE]

It's understandable. Two pale, awkward, milksop kids with curly hair. I'm sure Eisenberg was cast because he fits the Cera mold.

[quote name='rapsodist']It's understandable. Two pale, awkward, milksop kids with curly hair. I'm sure Eisenberg was cast because he fits the Cera mold.[/QUOTE]

wasn't Eisenberg first on the scene before Michael Cera?? especially in movies? maybe Cera was around first b/c of Arrested Development, but he didn't have one movie until after that show ended..

and now I have to look up 'milksop' b/c I have never heard that word before..

[quote name='token2k6']wasn't Eisenberg first on the scene before Michael Cera?? especially in movies? maybe Cera was around first b/c of Arrested Development, but he didn't have one movie until after that show ended..

and now I have to look up 'milksop' b/c I have never heard that word before..[/QUOTE]

Think Peter Parker, pre-irradiated spider bite. Or the kid in the old Joe Weder (sp) ads who was getting sand kicked in his face until he used the Joe Weder bodybuilding course.

[quote name='mediviper']My local walmart had Zombieland Blu for 19.99 for those looking for a better deal than 25. This was in ohio, YMMV[/QUOTE]

Visiting El Paso, TX... they didn't even have it in Blu-Ray; barely had 30 Blu-ray titles at all.

I'll check when I get home tonight; for $19.99 I would get it in a second. I can't understand why the new release prices seemed to go up around Christmas, I guess they are trying to get as much as they can out of those who got a new Blu-Ray player; for me they are just pushing me to Red Box rentals - if it is a great movie I'll get it when the price comes down.

I picked up the Nut Up or Shut Up Edition on Blu Ray at the ghetto Fox Hills Mall Best Buy. There were two left, however every single location for the Blu Ray SE was ransacked. They were long gone from the large display at the front of the store, the various shelf locations, nothing but the regular Blu Ray copies.

Worst part was, the Blu Ray SE isn't even listed on the website to the best of my knowledge, even on the page that the large banner for it links to. Plus the ad doesn't have the SKU for it either, so nobody at the store could check whether it was in stock.

I was about to give up, when I was walking out of the store, checking every odd location, and there was one small area near the front of the store, on the back of a pillar, where they also had new releases. They had 3 of the Blu Ray SE copies there. At $25, it's a LOT more than I'm happy spending, but since it's a VERY limited special edition that probably won't be getting reprinted, and I will undoubtedly be able to make my money back and then some if I choose to sell it or even just the bonus disc, I figured what the hell. Plus, I really enjoyed the movie.

does anyone know if the blu ray rental of this will have the free :ps3:dynamic theme. I mean like blockbuster and etc. Cuz i no that netflix is a no go.

I tried 4 BB and no luck on SE :(, if anybody finds it and they have extras can you please pick one up for me., I will more than happy to pay an extra 12 for your troubles. (I know it's a long shot)

So was the extra disc on the DVD only or did it also come on the BD? Online or in the ad I thought I saw the BD with the same border around the cover like the DVD with the extra disc has. I went to 2 best buys one had one copy of the BD but with no border around it and the other had no copies.

EDIT: Nevermind. I read up in the thread and saw that it does come in the nut up or shut up edition. I guess the best buys near me didn't get it or got so few that it sold it fast. I will pick this up when it goes on sale or if I see that they have more in of the nut up or shut up and I don't see that happening.

The treatment of the special edition (NUOSU) is irritating. It's almost as if it were a last second afterthought to tag a border and literally "toss" in a sleeved DVD. I mean, a special edition should at least have a slipcase, or maybe a case that can actually hold onto the supplemental material! Disappointing. The rarity is curious as well, even though it makes me feel a bit better about the poor case presentation.

I did not want to miss this one, and showed up at 9:50am (skipped out on a meeting to make it, haha. who needs 'em!). It was hidden behind the regular BD, and I grabbed one for myself and one for my twin brother. 3 left in the store. I thought about pulling them out to the front for others, but thought better of it. People like us would take the moment to search for the version we want, and I didn't want a copy going to waste on someone who wouldn't appreciate it.

Guys, definitely double check your Best Buys VERY CAREFULLY because with the lack of a separate UPC/SKU for the "Nut Up or Shut Up" SE Blu versus the regular Blu, plus the inept staff at Best Buy, they have no clue whether they have these in stock or not. Plus, there are often half a dozen or more spots these can potentially be.

At the nearest location to me, there were empty spots for the Blu SE version in the big ZombieLand display, in the New Release section, in the Z's for Blus, on the random table for New Releases, and in an endcap for it. However, there was another spot in the store near the checkout line for new releases where they had the final copies. Hell, you should also check around the PS3 section, the Blu Ray section, the home theater section just keep looking.

You can't find the SE online/via store locator because the UPC/SKU is the same for both the SE and the regular Blu versions, so there is no way of knowing via computer checkup if it's in stock anywhere, unless the employee has a magic number for it to differentiate between the normal version. The SKU, BTW, is 9710975 for both versions. The UPCs on both cases also match. Of course, the SE rings up for an extra dollar over the $23.99 regular Blu price (at least online). I wonder if I can price adjust the SEs I bought to save a couple of extra bones...

Anyway, I went back today and the last two "Nut Up or Shut Up" Blu copies were still there in that little hidden section near the checkout, so I bought them. I'll probably just return them within the one month return period if I don't sell them on amazon/ebay for my target profit (which is admittedly ridiculous).

There are a couple of them for sale on amazon for $45-ish (not my listings, and not including shipping) that are more in line with their "true" value, and at a possibly tolerable price for some here who missed out. I'm just more inclined to wait for a rich (or desperate) fuck/sucker to pay my asking price.

BTW, I believe the bonus disc is the same as the one in the regular DVD "Nut Up or Shut Up" edition. So if you were to buy the regular Blu version and the NUOSU DVD version, you would have everything. Except for the super cool ass Blu Ray insert with NUT UP OR SHUT UP on it, FLOL.

[quote name='karkyco']Guys, definitely double check your Best Buys VERY CAREFULLY because with the lack of a separate UPC/SKU for the "Nut Up or Shut Up" SE Blu versus the regular Blu, plus the inept staff at Best Buy, they have no clue whether they have these in stock or not. Plus, there are often half a dozen or more spots these can potentially be.

At the nearest location to me, there were empty spots for the Blu SE version in the big ZombieLand display, in the New Release section, in the Z's for Blus, on the random table for New Releases, and in an endcap for it. However, there was another spot in the store near the checkout line for new releases where they had the final copies. Hell, you should also check around the PS3 section, the Blu Ray section, the home theater section just keep looking.

You can't find the SE online/via store locator because the UPC/SKU is the same for both the SE and the regular Blu versions, so there is no way of knowing via computer checkup if it's in stock anywhere, unless the employee has a magic number for it to differentiate between the normal version. The SKU, BTW, is 9710975 for both versions. The UPCs on both cases also match. Of course, the SE rings up for an extra dollar over the $23.99 regular Blu price (at least online). I wonder if I can price adjust the SEs I bought to save a couple of extra bones...

Anyway, I went back today and the last two "Nut Up or Shut Up" Blu copies were still there in that little hidden section near the checkout, so I bought them. I'll probably just return them within the one month return period if I don't sell them on amazon/ebay for my target profit (which is admittedly ridiculous).

There are a couple of them for sale on amazon for $45-ish (not my listings, and not including shipping) that are more in line with their "true" value, and at a possibly tolerable price for some here who missed out. I'm just more inclined to wait for a rich (or desperate) fuck/sucker to pay my asking price.

BTW, I believe the bonus disc is the same as the one in the regular DVD "Nut Up or Shut Up" edition. So if you were to buy the regular Blu version and the NUOSU DVD version, you would have everything. Except for the super cool ass Blu Ray insert with NUT UP OR SHUT UP on it, FLOL.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I might have to scour my BB to see if there are any stragglers hiding out.

I looked all over both best buys I went to and all they had were one on BD and it was not the nut up or shut up edition. I looked on ebay and at the time they were going for 30-60 bucks. If I can't find one today for retail price for this week I wont even both picking up this movie till it is a lot cheaper. This should have just been in with the extras from the start. It wouldnt surprise me if they kept it out for best buy to have it for a limited run.

Soooo, i listed my Nut Up or Shut Up edition last night on ebay for buyitnow $54, and i see this morning it already sold. haha...this is great!

i only payed $16 out of pocket for this after using my RZ certificate...now i can go back, pick up a normal one, use my other RZ certificate and have some extra profit :D

[quote name='Junkie2']Whats so great about the nut up or shut up edition?[/QUOTE]

it sells for 54 bucks on ebay... other than that... shrug

[quote name='Junkie2']Whats so great about the nut up or shut up edition?[/QUOTE]

all it has extra is a bonus disc with some commentary stuff and a bit of extra footage...but other than that, nothing. That's why i sold mine on ebay..i figured why not let someone else get their kicks off this version..i'll be perfectly content with a standard copy and few extra bucks.

All i really cared about is the film and digital copy

I'll be getting this at some point. I have yet to see this whole film because... the first time I got really drunk and the second time I only caught the end. :(

It looked fucking awesome all the way around though.

I want it just because I want the extra content. I really don't see paying 25 bucks for it and not get that extra disc. Maybe I can get that stuff another way later on and just pick the movie up cheap.

In case anyone's wondering. The picture and audio quality on the Blu-Ray is top notch. The movie is a shit-ton of fun as well.

Okay, does anyone know if the BD version of the "Nut Up Or Shut Up" edition is seriously out of print? Maybe there are some BB employees in this forum who can clarify this. As of right now I refuse to pay what they are going for on eBay.

[quote name='finsfan0210']does anyone know if the blu ray rental of this will have the free :ps3:dynamic theme. I mean like blockbuster and etc. Cuz i no that netflix is a no go.[/QUOTE]

I rented it from Hollywood Video and it had the theme on it.

FLOL, looks like I sold one of my extra Blu copies of the Nut Up Or Shut Up Edition on amazon yesterday...for
$124.99
:hot:

[quote name='karkyco']FLOL, looks like I sold one of my extra Blu copies of the Nut Up Or Shut Up Edition on amazon yesterday...for
$124.99
:hot:[/QUOTE]

haha, score dude!

[quote name='karkyco']FLOL, looks like I sold one of my extra Blu copies of the Nut Up Or Shut Up Edition on amazon yesterday...for
$124.99

Nice! I saw that one the other day. Better offload this extra one I have before they do a proper special edition :)

$124.99

what the? you selling 2? I see another one..crazy man, good job (?) Kinda makes me wish I bought another to do this..too lazy and cheap I guess, weird how this trend has only happened in the recent months, pretty much starting with the hurt locker..crazy!

and it doesn't look like it'll end anytime soon w/ these BB exclusives, maybe I need to start doubling down every Tuesday! :)

$124.99

are you serious? if thats the case im really mad i didnt grab the last one they had when i was there last week. oh well...im probably going to sell mine and just grab the standard edition.

Unless you are a large seller, Amazon takes a large portion of the proceeds (15%+). But that is a beautiful profit for a single $25 investment. However, I could be doing it wrong. Please direct me to a better way for a small time seller (maybe 1-2 a month from my own collection).

[quote name='Sokvichet']Unless you are a large seller, Amazon takes a large portion of the proceeds (15%+). But that is a beautiful profit for a single $25 investment. However, I could be doing it wrong. Please direct me to a better way for a small time seller (maybe 1-2 a month from my own collection).[/QUOTE]
It still costs less than the 25-30% eBay takes and listing items on Amazon is free unless your item sells.

[quote name='Techsticles']It still costs less than the 25-30% eBay takes and listing items on Amazon is free unless your item sells.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not to mention Amazon actually gives you cash ... as opposed to eBay's monopoly money ... ahem, I mean Paypal.

Just shipped it out today with insurance and signature confirmation. Yeah...I actually left those two on the shelf for a day and a half to give others an opportunity to get them (I think I even noted their location here in the thread).

I went back and they were still there, so I just decided to pick them up and see if I could get anything for them. So yeah, I still have the one available.

I figured better to put them on amazon at a crazy high price, than on eBay for auction where there are more sellers to compete with and they take a bigger chunk of BiN (and I pay nothing until it sells).

bread's done
Back