Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition $29.99 at Amazon

I was waiting for that. Now I'm going to own the physical PS3 version and the digital Xbox 360 version.

The PS3 version is finally superior after the patch.

Now I'll feel better playing ZoE on a Sony console :)

I wish more epic games like this get brought to  the US.

BTW here is some info regarding the PS3 patch improvements:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633946

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks been waiting forever to get CE for cheap.  Already had regular version for $15-ish ;)

PS. FYI 68 Left instock

So for people that know about this game, is it a hard game or take a bunch of trial and error?

edit:
Nevermind, googled it.  It seems this game is super hard even on normal setting.  I'll be passing.

So for people that know about this game, is it a hard game or take a bunch of trial and error?
Zone 1 -no platinum-:

Zone of the Enders 1 is a VERY basic game with not a whole lot going on. It can be done in 3 hours fairly easily and the controls aren't exactly amazing. Some parts are sort of tricky (1 hit deaths), but it's fairly idiot proof.

Zone 2 -no platinum-:

Zone of the Enders 2 is a FAR BETTER game with a less cliche plot (in my opinion, though both are fairly cliche) and has a more cinematic feel. This game is just as short and simple as the first one, but I felt like many of the aspects weren't working against you, plus it just feels like a higher quality game.

Zone 1 Platinum:

This game is IMPOSSIBLE to platinum, unless you practically max out killing things at the literal start of the game. This means like 5 minutes into the game you need to grind levels for a few hours to even have a CHANCE at getting the platinum. The issue is that the first mission (which you need S rank or something) takes place in the same place where you fight the first boss, which needs to die without taking out too many buildings. You can't lose more than 10% (and everything counts as a whole, not as size if I recall, so losing a hotel is the same as a traffic light), then you can't get the rank needed to platinum and you will need to restart. This is just one of the many conditions required to platinum this game.

Zone 2 Platinum:

This game also features some really rage inducing mission conditions, but doesn't have the same level of bullshit you see in Zone 1. The hardest thing for me was to actually drop from A rank to B rank if you can believe that!

Zone 1 -no platinum-:

Zone of the Enders 1 is a VERY basic game with not a whole lot going on. It can be done in 3 hours fairly easily and the controls aren't exactly amazing. Some parts are sort of tricky (1 hit deaths), but it's fairly idiot proof.

Zone 2 -no platinum-:

Zone of the Enders 2 is a FAR BETTER game with a less cliche plot (in my opinion, though both are fairly cliche) and has a more cinematic feel. This game is just as short and simple as the first one, but I felt like many of the aspects weren't working against you, plus it just feels like a higher quality game.

Zone 1 Platinum:

This game is IMPOSSIBLE to platinum, unless you practically max out killing things at the literal start of the game. This means like 5 minutes into the game you need to grind levels for a few hours to even have a CHANCE at getting the platinum. The issue is that the first mission (which you need S rank or something) takes place in the same place where you fight the first boss, which needs to die without taking out too many buildings. You can't lose more than 10% (and everything counts as a whole, not as size if I recall, so losing a hotel is the same as a traffic light), then you can't get the rank needed to platinum and you will need to restart. This is just one of the many conditions required to platinum this game.

Zone 2 Platinum:

This game also features some really rage inducing mission conditions, but doesn't have the same level of bullshit you see in Zone 1. The hardest thing for me was to actually drop from A rank to B rank if you can believe that!
I'm not trying to platinum it. I just play video games for fun and to relax. I don't like games that are hard.

I bought one of them...about 34 left right now. I paid 59.99 for it at release and never opened it. This will drop my cost down to $45.

Thank you admiral for the description and great feedback regarding trophy acquisition.

Your reputation is well earned.

Picked a copy up, I'm a huge ZOE fan and was disappointed that I had to pass on this HD collection initially because of the frame rate problems.

Thanks for the heads up OP

edit:
Nevermind, googled it. It seems this game is super hard even on normal setting. I'll be passing.
No , I think you are confused. Ninja Gaiden is the game that is super hard even on the normal setting.

I'm not trying to platinum it. I just play video games for fun and to relax. I don't like games that are hard.
Getting the platinum and getting the "true end" / being a completionist / doing everything go pretty hand and hand. I only focused on that aspect of getting the platinum, since there are other tasks (like getting 10 or something like that kills while you're in zombie or 1 hit death mode) that most people aren't going to bother with. With that being said, these aren't hard games, nor would I consider them good games either.

Thank you admiral for the description and great feedback regarding trophy acquisition.

Your reputation is well earned.
Which one? The annoying trophy "whore" or the hateful troll that contributes nothing useful to the site?

Both are very short plays (few hours long), and the first game isn't very recommendable. But if you're into mecha, the 2nd game is pretty much the best the industry currently has to offer in that genre. Which isn't really saying much, but $20 still gets you a decent game and some nice art to flip through.

And ZoE2 is not a difficult game if you abuse certain weapons.

Getting the platinum and getting the "true end" / being a completionist / doing everything go pretty hand and hand. I only focused on that aspect of getting the platinum, since there are other tasks (like getting 10 or something like that kills while you're in zombie or 1 hit death mode) that most people aren't going to bother with. With that being said, these aren't hard games, nor would I consider them good games either.

Which one? The annoying trophy "whore" or the hateful troll that contributes nothing useful to the site?
Both... I kid I kid! Or am I?

But honestly now that you had pointed out the packaging of this product I might just grab a vanilla. I also stayed away because of the early issues, but am relieved due to the update. I am one of the few that somehow enjoyed the first one on PS2, but never got around to the sequel.

I don't remember it being that hard, ZoE2 IS far superior to ZoE1 though. It's a shame they didn't have that same level of polish as the second game in the first game, then it probably would have become a franchise. For those thinking of blind buying I would just wait for a sale on the digital version of 2 and then watch a youtube playthrough of the first game.

Side note, is Konami horrible at math? 1 HD is $10 on the PSN store, 2 HD is $20 on the PSN store, the HD collection of both is $35 on the PSN store...

I would've bought this if Amazon price matched this sooner. Oh well, snagged a new standard copy for $13.99 with free shipping through eBay.

I already own the game. As such I am only interested in the bonuses. So if anyone is interested in splitting this with me let me know.

Meh, knowing my luck, if I had not bought ZotE from GS, I probably wouldn't have bought it any where, and I need the points...

bread's done
Back