ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

[quote name='Richlough']Does it work on Digital copies ?[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried digital copies yet. I'll queue one up tonight and get back to you.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Oh my god Microsoft... I've had the Zune HD for over a year now and you still haven't given us a damn good library of apps!?!?!?!!? What the hell are you afraid of the Itune store?!?!?[/QUOTE]

They never intended to make the zune an apps or internet machine. They put them on there and just switched over to WP7 instantly. They don't give a shit about the zune if you couldn't tell by their....swift....zune updates

[quote name='slickkill77']They never intended to make the zune an apps or internet machine. They put them on there and just switched over to WP7 instantly. They don't give a shit about the zune if you couldn't tell by their....swift....zune updates[/QUOTE]

That makes me so want to switch over to apple right now. :bomb: I just don't understand why they spent so much money developing it and then abandoning it all together. The WP7 won't last very long anyways. But hey, it's Microsoft....so they loose a few million..and it's no big deal to them.

:roll:

On the official Zune forums one of the developers literally responded to peoples complaints about lack of updates by saying that Apps were never something they intended to do but there was such a demand that they threw it on there. Same thing with the internet. That's why IE is so awful on the Zune. Its a hack and slash version of the desktop version

Last edited by a moderator:
Two questions.

I had my 120 gb stolen is there some way to report it so it gets bricked if the asshat tries to log on with it?

Also I bought a 32 gb hd to replace it how easy is it to switch all my files to a new zune. Will I need a new version of the zune software on my pc since im going from a 120 to an hd?

[quote name='jlarlee']Two questions.

I had my 120 gb stolen is there some way to report it so it gets bricked if the asshat tries to log on with it?

Also I bought a 32 gb hd to replace it how easy is it to switch all my files to a new zune. Will I need a new version of the zune software on my pc since im going from a 120 to an hd?[/QUOTE]

There is a different version of the Zune software you may need to download it if you are not running it now. I switched to a 32 gb from a 120 and the only difference is size limitation. Everything is essentially the same in terms of music.

Did anyone else notice that both the Zune HD and the Zune software itself finally support multi-disc albums? Just tag the tracks with the appropriate disc number and drag & drop into one album in the software. The tracks will be in the order they are on the disc and will be arranged in the proper disc order. FINALLY!

I'm getting annoyed right now with the software. Just got the Batman Returns and Star Trek V 2 discs from lalalandrecords.com the other day and it's confusing them with the original releases of the discs. So I have to manually input the track data. Disc 2 of either scores screws up the first disc listings because it thinks it's the original release not the expanded edition. :(

[quote name='BlueSwim']Did anyone else notice that both the Zune HD and the Zune software itself finally support multi-disc albums? Just tag the tracks with the appropriate disc number and drag & drop into one album in the software. The tracks will be in the order they are on the disc and will be arranged in the proper disc order. FINALLY![/QUOTE]

That seems to work perfectly in my software but it cocks it up on my player. I end up with the tracks numbered like this: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, etc.

I'm using a 120GB Zune...maybe it only works right on the HD models?

I always just forgo multidisk albums b/c the software is just a pain in the ass. I just make everything one disk and give every track a continuous number.

[quote name='slickkill77']I always just forgo multidisk albums b/c the software is just a pain in the ass. I just make everything one disk and give every track a continuous number.[/QUOTE]

:wall: fuck why didn't I think of that..................?!!?

btw...I fucking misplaced my Zune HD 32...................NO IDEA where it is right now...........just wondering if anyone actually found it, could they be buying songs/videos since my xbl account is linked to it for the msp?

Is anyone else having issues logging into the zune marketplace? Everytime I try it says "Sorry, can't sign in right now".

EDIT: Nevermind i just found out what my problem was.

Hey everyone, check this out.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/12/10/zune.hd.design.takes.custom.photos.xbox.avatars/

zunehd-avatarlg.jpg

Pretty cool .

Im gonna beat the shit outta my zune...went to add a few songs and I walked off while it sync'd and everything just up and deleted...eventually got everything back on.

Last night I went to add a few more songs and for some f'n reason the playlist on my player disappeared. It says its there but when I uplug the player and check, its gone..

Surprised this didn't get a bump in the last couple days.

What does everyone think of the rumors swirling the Zune device will be discontinued and rebranded as a portable xbox? Of course the Zune services aren't going anywhere. I guess we'll hear more at E3, but that seems so far away.

This is the first I've heard of that rumor but I'd love to see an Xbox portable. I'm not sure rebranding the zune is the best way to go about making that happen though.

Is a 64GB Zune HD the largest capacity HD player we will get from Microsoft?

I know it doesn't make much sense to drop at 128GB Flash Memory Player on the market.

Part of thought of going from my Zune HD 16 to a Zune 120 or iPod Classic 160, but after my HD failed on my old Zune 30, I'm a little weary.

[quote name='ITDEFX']fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn it!!!

So MS was too pussy to take on Apple and the Ipod and they give up?!?!? God damn it!! Now I have my bucket 120gb and my 32gb hd :(

fuck YOU MS!!![/QUOTE]

...Calm down...
A. This is merely a rumor, nothing confirmed, nothing to worry about.
B. Engadget hates Zune/Microsoft so they say what they want
C. Even if they never made another Zune ever again, I would be perfectly satisfied with my Zune HD (+Zune Pass).

I'm really pissed we're not going to be seeing a new Zune HD model along with a larger memory capacity. That's what I've been waiting on to upgrade my Zune 80 for what seems like an eternity now. I guess I'll end up buying the HD 64GB when it lowers it price.

Yeah im not freaking yet, because its a rumor and on ZUNE's twitter they said dont believe rumors.

I do see them going with a WINDOWS mobile device without a phone, which would rock. XBL on the go as long as you have wifi, and all the good apps they are getting. MY main thing is, i love my zune hd and zune 120gb because of ZUNE PASS. it has allowed me to stop pirating music. yeah i said it, i was a huge pirate...now i dont have to because i pay for my zune pass. Apple is so stingy with money, they want 99cents a song. If they did a sub service, i would consider a ipod touch.

Long live the ZUNE, i dont see it going anywhere just a REBOOT or something.

All the rumors seem to point at the Zune hardware being put to bed, and none mention software. I wouldn't be surprised if Windows was actively working with phone manufacturers to get the Zune software on more phones and platforms. Zune on Android anyone?

told people Zune wouldn't make it, they never let it grow and it was only available to North America for the most part. The Halo & Gears zune players were awesome, they just didn't invest alot into zune. They had something like 5% of the mp3 market while apple dominated obviously. It's dead, now time to look for discontinued sales and we shall keep it going!

The Play/Pause button went on my black 120 .
I sent it for repair and got a Red 120 back , that's what I wanted when I bought it anyway .

So, I've been thinking about getting a Zune HD 64GB model, any real reason why I shouldn't? Aside from the obvious no real support at this point. I've got a 30GB older Zune and I'd like the features this thing offers, I'm not all that worried about new apps and whatnot.

Also, any deals? Amazon has them at $260 or so, I'd really like to get a custom Zune with the Gears of War logo, but it's not worth $80 to me, but if the price was closer I'd definitely consider it. Anyone seen a better price? Any stores blowing them out yet?

The Zune HD got several new apps and games recently. Most notable? An app for taking notes.

-----

[quote name='Redeema']So, I've been thinking about getting a Zune HD 64GB model, any real reason why I shouldn't? Aside from the obvious no real support at this point. I've got a 30GB older Zune and I'd like the features this thing offers, I'm not all that worried about new apps and whatnot.

Also, any deals? Amazon has them at $260 or so, I'd really like to get a custom Zune with the Gears of War logo, but it's not worth $80 to me, but if the price was closer I'd definitely consider it. Anyone seen a better price? Any stores blowing them out yet?[/QUOTE]If I had to choose now between the iPod Touch and the Zune HD, I'd go with the iPod. The apps don't seem important now, but they will down the line. I thought they wouldn't be that big of a deal to me either.

Invest in something with a future. The Zune HD doesn't really have one. It has a so-so at best Internet Browser, can't play YouTube videos, can't take pictures, and can't record and edit HD video. Brand loyalty will screw you over and that was the reason I chose the Zune HD over the iPod Touch.

Also, my Zune HD blew up in my hand. Still works, but it made a loud pop and there was a orange flash visible from around the screen.

[quote name='BlueSwim']
Also, my Zune HD blew up in my hand. Still works, but it made a loud pop and there was a orange flash visible from around the screen.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: No way! That's insane. Did you get hurt or anything?

[quote name='Blackout']:rofl: No way! That's insane. Did you get hurt or anything?[/QUOTE]Thankfully, I didn't (and thank you for asking! ^_^).

It didn't kill the Zune itself, either. It just made a loud "POP!" and there was an orange flash from inside the player when I was bringing it out of sleep mode. For the next few days, it would keep randomly powering off. Zune Support told me to deplete the battery and see if that fixes it. To my surprise, it actually did. I was certain that thing was mortally wounded!:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='BlueSwim']Thankfully, I didn't (and thank you for asking! ^_^).

It didn't kill the Zune itself, either. It just made a loud "POP!" and there was an orange flash from inside the player when I was bringing it out of sleep mode. For the next few days, it would keep randomly powering off. Zune Support told me to deplete the battery and see if that fixes it. To my surprise, it actually did. I was certain that thing was mortally wounded!:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

I think I would have crapped myself if that happened. How is that baby even still working?? :) At least you didn't lose your hands over it. Zune Support should have warned you that the Zune HD is a dangerous weapon. :lol:

There is no way in hell I will ever insert myself into the Apple ecosystem and install iTunes on anything I own; I don't care how cool the hardware is. I'd rather have a colonoscopy from a kitchenaid.

If I were in the market for a new media player I would be looking at Cowon. Universally lauded as the best audio quality, cheap, no ties to any marketplace, plays every video and audio codec known to man, and takes SD cards for virtually unlimited storage. Look up the recent reviews at Engadget.

Apps are dumb. I've been using a Zune HD 64 over an Ipod touch for a while now. I have an Iphone as it is and I don't use apps on that. If you are concerned with music first and foremost get anything other than an Ipod

I looked at the Cowon's and they're really nice, but I also like the idea of having a WiFi browser and unless I missed it, they don't make a model that does this. I don't have a smartphone yet, so that's kind of a nice thing to have at the moment.

iPod Touch is mostly out of the question because I have no intention of switching to Apple. I'm just not interested, I don't necessarily have any loyalty to MS, so I'd be open to another brand, but since I currently have a Zune, I may as well stick with the same brand/device, unless something else equally nice comes up.

[quote name='slickkill77']If you are concerned with music first and foremost get anything other than an Ipod[/QUOTE]

^
This

I sold off my 3 month old iPod 160GB Classic last month. While it was nice to have almost ALL my music on one device, I used it a lot less than I thought I would. Luckily I was able to sell it for close to what I bought it for. Though stupid me forgot how much I hate Moving Hard Drives in MP3 Players (after my Zune 30GB died years ago)

I pretty just use my Zune 16GB HD for music wherever I go and the occasional Facebook App. I also love the Zune HD's layout over Apple's Black/White.

Just recently discovered the Zenses Beta (even though I guess it's not being supported anymore), which lets me scrobble my Zune HD plays on my Last.FM, which I like.

Zune HD randomly got a firmware update this week. Its nothing significant, just some security updates to IE, but still....Also a bunch of apps were added and some were updated.

bread's done
Back