Zellers March 17th Sale

CoffeeMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
A friend of mine who works at zellers told me he saw the sale for next week.

Wii & Gamecube 2/40$ (games at 59.97)
PS2 slim - 100$
PS2 and PSP greatest hits - 20$
Xbox Platinum Hits - 20$
Game Boy Advance Player's Choice Games - 20$

[quote name='Firestorm']"Wii & Gamecube 2/40$ (games at 59.97)"

wat wat wat wat wat[/quote]

from what i understand is regular priced game that are 60$ will be 2 for 40$

[quote name='CoffeeMan']from what i understand is regular priced game that are 60$ will be 2 for 40$[/quote]
Thats pretty smokin hot.
Anyone know any good 60 dollar cube games?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Thats pretty smokin hot.
Anyone know any good 60 dollar cube games?[/quote]

Twilight Princess
Fire Emblem

That's all I can think of :p

[quote name='projectkuro']Twilight Princess
[/quote]

Oh yeah! *waits for people to buy two games and trade Zelda in at EB for lots*

Gggggggaaaaaah `1 day right?? I'm so going...can't think of any full priced GC games. Maybe I'll get Sonic Wii and .... hmm maybe I won't lol, theres no good full priced GC games I dont have...

Well I plan to get a wii at some point, and I plan to get zelda for it. And knowing Nintendo the price for that game will not drop under 20 bucks, so I might as well get it now. Maybe I'll make the second game one that is worth lots of money for trade or on ebay, so I can basically get zelda for free.

And I must agree, this month will be expensive... way too many deals! But on the bright side I'll be doing all my game spending this month and probably not have to worry about buying another game for ages.

[quote name='imcrazy']Well I plan to get a wii at some point, and I plan to get zelda for it. And knowing Nintendo the price for that game will not drop under 20 bucks, so I might as well get it now. Maybe I'll make the second game one that is worth lots of money for trade or on ebay, so I can basically get zelda for free.

And I must agree, this month will be expensive... way too many deals! But on the bright side I'll be doing all my game spending this month and probably not have to worry about buying another game for ages.[/quote]

Get Trauma Center with Zelda for when you get the Wii. It'll probably be rare by the time you get a Wii anyway. Atlus isn't known for making their games cheaper either... usually more expensive =p It's a great game, you should try it!

Yeah, this does make November a bit easier. I expect both Smash and Halo to come out that month. Although come to think of it, there are no full-price GCN or Wii games I want left ._. Maybe I should have waited on Sonic >_

hey if I bought like 2 Wii games couldn't I trade them in to EB for more than I bought em for? Maybe I'll buy like 6 games, 4 I dont want and 2 I'll keep xD (Or maybe just trade them all and use the money for stuff like the DS lite there xD)

Looks like I can almost double my money with Wario, Zelda, Rayman, and Trauma Center (from the cag wiki, woo)...I'll get as many as I can...doubt anyone where I live will be there like usual lol

[quote name='Spades22']hey if I bought like 2 Wii games couldn't I trade them in to EB for more than I bought em for? Maybe I'll buy like 6 games, 4 I dont want and 2 I'll keep xD (Or maybe just trade them all and use the money for stuff like the DS lite there xD)

Looks like I can almost double my money with Wario, Zelda, Rayman, and Trauma Center (from the cag wiki, woo)...I'll get as many as I can...doubt anyone where I live will be there like usual lol[/quote]

All the Wii TIV's on the Wiki are EB featured TIV's for Febuary.

I would assume that these would drop by the time the sale is on, but you'd have to check out your EB just to be sure.

I wish players choice gamecube games were included in this sale but oh well I have all the gamecube titles I need for a while, I still have not played Twilight Princess since getting into the last dungeon. I think I might try to get Mario Cart GBA if my Zellers on the way to school has it, if not, oh well.

~Patricia

I'm not so sure about this, but if it happens, I'm all over it. I just hope the web effect doesn't mean my local Zellers gets hammered for anything worth buying. Because it's an insane deal.

I could definitely use Elebits.. and then something else. Maybe Madden or something. I'd say Zelda, but I lucked out and found it at Rogers during their 2/$40. Wasn't my cup of tea.

Wow, the 2/$40 on the Wii is kick ass to the max.

But please, try not to hoard. Some people may actually want to buy the game for PLAYING instead of doing trade-ins at EB.

Be a responsible CAG.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Wow, the 2/$40 on the Wii is kick ass to the max.

But please, try not to hoard. Some people may actually want to buy the game for PLAYING instead of doing trade-ins at EB.

Be a responsible CAG.[/quote]hoarding is lame, in any case the only person i'll have to fight for games with is Firestorm :) if i'm recalling correctly hes the only CAG around my area

Well this will probably be in the Zellers flyer friday, so I'll post it in the update with all the deatails it'll have.
If this is true though... :D

Yes confirmation would be nice. I just can't see Zellers basically blowing out their entire Wii game stock for $20 bucks a piece.

I'll still go though, because I've been meaning to buy a slim PS2. Umm, offtopic. But can anybody tell me if a X-Box disc tray will eject over a slim PS2? I'm already rearranging my console tower in my head ;)

[quote name='ragnar14']Yes confirmation would be nice. I just can't see Zellers basically blowing out their entire Wii game stock for $20 bucks a piece.

I'll still go though, because I've been meaning to buy a slim PS2. Umm, offtopic. But can anybody tell me if a X-Box disc tray will eject over a slim PS2? I'm already rearranging my console tower in my head ;)[/quote]

eject? I don't get it, can ya explain more.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Wow, the 2/$40 on the Wii is kick ass to the max.

Be a responsible CAG.[/quote]

Absolutely... I post infrequently under a different nick at RFD, but the whole so-called "RFD" effect is annoying. Check out their Superstore thread:

"I was told one guy bought 10 copies [of Dragon Ball] when they did the price down on saturday"

If this deal is actually happening, I'm afraid I'm going to walk in to an empty shelf on the 17th because of people like that. I think I'm fine with people who want to trade in or re-sell, but I think common decency would dictate that you should buy one copy of a game at a time, rather than clearing a place out.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']eject? I don't get it, can ya explain more.[/quote] Can I jam a slim PS2 under here?
xboxskuffopenmd5.jpg

I'm 90% sure it'll fit, because the Xbox is pretty tall and the slim PS2 is tiny. But I've never seen the 2 together.

With the tower I have if I want to fit the PS2 Xbox and Cube on one shelf, the Xbox disc tray will need to pass over the PS2 just a teensy bit.

The slim ps2 is just a little thinner than 2 dvd cases stacked on each other. I know it will fit under the tray of a 360, so it should work for the xbox.

[quote name='ragnar14']Yes confirmation would be nice. I just can't see Zellers basically blowing out their entire Wii game stock for $20 bucks a piece.

I'll still go though, because I've been meaning to buy a slim PS2. Umm, offtopic. But can anybody tell me if a X-Box disc tray will eject over a slim PS2? I'm already rearranging my console tower in my head ;)[/QUOTE]

I can comfirm it since I have the flyer in front of me.

I'll try to get a scan up tomorrow.

Ack. Someone posted this up at RFD. Thankfully the topic title is vague (hot deal coming soon) so not too many should see it. Good luck guys =(

[quote name='ragnar14']Can I jam a slim PS2 under here?
xboxskuffopenmd5.jpg

I'm 90% sure it'll fit, because the Xbox is pretty tall and the slim PS2 is tiny. But I've never seen the 2 together.

With the tower I have if I want to fit the PS2 Xbox and Cube on one shelf, the Xbox disc tray will need to pass over the PS2 just a teensy bit.[/quote]

How will you plug controllers into the Xbox?

im gonna hit up Brentwood mall in Burnaby, its Sunday, so ill go before work, or early morning, but maybe ill have early shift @ the Source by CC

[quote name='idontknow69']im gonna hit up Brentwood mall in Burnaby, its Sunday, so ill go before work, or early morning, but maybe ill have early shift @ the Source by CC[/quote]isn't the 17th on saturday?

[quote name='Kawnhr']Can you have one GCN and one Wii game, or does it have to be two GCN or two Wii games?[/quote]I'm under the impression that its 2 games for each console only, no mix and matching

[quote name='mygu']How will you plug controllers into the Xbox?[/quote]
I'm not goint to push the PS2 right into it. It'll have a couple of inches of space for any cords naturally ;) It'll be fine, unless I want to load games into both consoles at the same time :p

[quote name='Lockescythe']This just seems off. Are you sure its not. If you buy 2 they're 40$ each?

Or something more sensical like that?[/quote]
I'll recheck with my source
he said 2/40$ so i imagined it was two for forty (total)

but i'll just make sure

Thanks for the scans! It still seems too good to be true (no slight on everyone providing information or tips - we appreciate it), in a price error kind of way.

Seems like more of a Boxing Day loss leader/below cost type of deal, although the flyer itself seems sorta laid-back about the whole thing.

bread's done
Back