Select bit-Generations games (GBA) $12 at Play-Asia

Dotstream is amazing, I would get that one first. Orbital is great too, but it's not one of the $15 titles. I got both of these at $25 and they were well worth it.

[quote name='Dingleberry']any suggestions on which ones to get?[/QUOTE]
Dotstream is amazing. Don't expect super graphics or anything...but I tell you, I love it. Its one of the rawest, most simplistic gaming experiences Ive had in a while....and I mean this in a purely positive way. The lines almost seem to be coming alive. Try it, and you will understand. Its like a spiritual experence when the game suddenly "clicks" with you.

Wish I had the extra cash for this but for anyone buying these I thought I'd give someone a bonus. I'm not going to get around to using my strikebang promotion $10 off 50 playasia coupon so I post it here for the first taker to get. The code is RP-FWF-MLD

[quote name='thetoxicone']Wish I had the extra cash for this but for anyone buying these I thought I'd give someone a bonus. I'm not going to get around to using my strikebang promotion $10 off 50 playasia coupon so I post it here for the first taker to get. The code is RP-FWF-MLD[/quote]

THANKS!!! :D

I was contemplating buying four games, but was looking for a code, and you posted that exactly when I was looking to checkout ;)

I ordered Dialhex and Dotstream to try out. They looked like the ones I would enjoy the most. Thanks for the info Cheapy! I have never heard of these games before today.

[quote name='waxHead']THANKS!!! :D

I was contemplating buying four games, but was looking for a code, and you posted that exactly when I was looking to checkout ;)[/QUOTE]

no problem, I've got some bills to pay so I knew the coupon would never be used by me

Cool sounding titles for games I've never heard of. I'll have to look those up in my Nintendo Powers as they seem to be popular in this thread.

[quote name='brianmoy']Cool sounding titles for games I've never heard of. I'll have to look those up in my Nintendo Powers as they seem to be popular in this thread.[/quote]You probably wont find them in NP, they're Japan release only.

Everything is now discounted a further 20%! This is a sale listed as running 3/30 through 4/5, but prices are already discounted. For example, Bitstream and the other sale games are now $11.92 instead of $14.90.

I have to agree, the games are quite fun. I wish I had waited but they were still a good deal at $15.

Too bad Orbital and Coloris are still just a bit over what I'd want to pay...

Woah, the games are starting to sell out (Sound Voyager is gone, for example, with "out of print/out of stock")-- if you're on the fence, you'd best order soon...

Only Digidrive, Dialhex, and Boundish are at the lower, $12-ish price. IGN pretty much panned Boundish, and couldn't figure out Digidrive. Can anyone reccommend one of these 3 games? I'm tempted to get one for the unique cart and packaging alone, but I might as well get one that is playable.

Voltaire would declare Boundish to be the best of all possible Pongs. You want to see what modern day creativity can do to about 6 or so completely different iterations of Pong? Boundish is the way to go.

Dialhex is a falling block puzzler where your blocks are one-sixth wedges of hexes. You rotate the hexes and try to create hexes of the same color in an effort to create a perfectly ethnically homogenous group of triangles so that they may then be exterminated.

Man, the rhetoric on that one turned dour FAST.

I'm the board's resident Digidrive fanboy: Only BitGen game I'd pay $10 for. It is very different, but you basically direct traffic at an intersection, sorting thingies. Collect enough thingies of the same ethnicity at a direction to toss them into the oven for fuel. Direct a launcher to that lane to use that fuel to launch yer space thingy. Space thingy distance traveled is your score/win condition.

I like it, but mostly for the Vs. CPU mode.

[quote name='David85']Is there anywhere that shows / explains what these "games" are?[/QUOTE]

IGN had a couple of previews for these games:

Part 1:
Boundish
Dotstream
Dialhex
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/720/720397p1.html

Part 2:
Coloris
Orbital
Digidrive
Soundvoyager
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/723/723008p1.html

From the little information they have, it looks like Dotstream and Oribital are their favorites (although Oribtal isn't part of the cheap deal). They panned Soundvoyager, although it seems like it would be pretty interesting. They were very confused about Digidrive, and esentially admitted that they didn't really understand the gameplay mechanics. The others look like fairly standard puzzle games.

I picked up Dotstream. Looks like that's the one that would interest me the most.

[quote name='BIG5']Only Digidrive, Dialhex, and Boundish are at the lower, $12-ish price. IGN pretty much panned Boundish, and couldn't figure out Digidrive. Can anyone reccommend one of these 3 games? I'm tempted to get one for the unique cart and packaging alone, but I might as well get one that is playable.[/QUOTE]

IGN must've spent all of one minute with Digidrive. It's tough to describe past "directing traffic" but you'll pick up on it after about 15 minutes.

Like all the other Bit Gen games, there's a huge "zen" element to it.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Wish Dotstream was still cheap... blah![/quote]

Seconded. I would definitely pick up Dotstream and Dialhex together if Dotstream was still cheap. Waiting for it to drop back in price.

With another price drop at Playasia not looking good, I spotted this at Yesasia. Dotstream dropped to 19 dollars for one reason or another, and a CAG in the free stuff forum has posted $5 off YesAsia coupons.

Note it says it ships within 21 days, and that it cannot be cancelled or returned.

My bad, didn't look too close.

Still a deal, I'd say, as shipping is only $3, so it'd come to $17 with the $5 off.

I'm resurrecting this thread to find Dotstream used and/or cheap. While I'm turning over the threadgrave, I might as well mention that a few Bit Generation games are only $9.90 right now:

Dialhex
Digidrive
Boundish

Personally, I'm only interested in getting Dotstream, but not for the prices out there ($24.90).

Maybe someone who lives in Japan (who could that be on CAG? :lol:) has come across it lately?

PM me if you've got any leads...

[quote name='Kerig']I'm resurrecting this thread...[/QUOTE]

... and you just made me spend 35 bux on three more of these games! Now all I need is coloris and soundvoyager...

Digidrive isn't that confusing if you find a good FAQ or video tutorial.

Basically group the like shapes together as long as you can and use the launcher icons to send the puck flying when you have fuel stocked. Plus throwing a different peice into a pile of peices while you have 3 fuel things stocked doubles that fuel and spreads it to the others. Once you get in the groove, it's an amazing game.

bread's done
Back