Saints Row $10.50 @ Sams Club...possible huge YMMV

HumanSnatcher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was in my Sams Club about an hour and a half ago and I spotted it along with the games just out in the open. It just screamed "buy me! BUY ME!!!". I was in there last Thur and Fri, and they didn't have anything other than TMNT and another new game. It still had the orange plastic holder around it. So my best guess and suggestion would be to ask customer service if you can look in the lock up cage at the front at the games in there. As sometimes, they keep games in there when they should be out on the floor. It seems that this was the case when I found it today.

Just to prove it, I snapped a pic once I got home with it:

0403071659.jpg

If this has been created elsewhere and I didn't see it, feel free to lock or delete this thread mods.

Your lucky. My local Sam's Club sucks the biggest c0ck. I was in there a few weeks ago and saw game like Halo 2 and Farcry Predator for $50 each:roll: Not too meation other insain prices.

Damn, thats totally insane. Mine has the GH version of God of War stickered at 21.xx. One thing you do need to remember though is that they don't do price changes on games like most places. Even though they were both tagged at 50, when you go to check out, definatly take the copy with you and have it scanned. You'd be suprised at how many things are mispriced in there...

Not to brag or anything, but yeah, that was pure luck. Everytime I see a fellow CAG post possible clearance deals at Sams, I can NEVER find them near me at all

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Damn, thats totally insane. Mine has the GH version of God of War stickered at 21.xx.

Not to brag or anything, but yeah, that was pure luck. Everytime I see a fellow CAG post possible clearance deals at Sams, I can NEVER find them near me at all[/quote]

Do they have more copies of Saints for 360? I'll give ya double for what they sell em for.

[quote name='Jagwarlord']Do they have more copies of Saints for 360? I'll give ya double for what they sell em for.[/quote]

I checked the area for more orange holders, but nothing there. Check my last post after I updated it.

[quote name='Will']I checked 3 sams in my area and none available..[/quote]

Did you ask at the customer service desk if you could take a look in the lock up cage? Usually it's right by the CS desk

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Next time:
1) Buy them all
2) PM me
3. I will pay you $10 extra plus shipping![/quote]

dude, there was only one

Great deal OP, but I would suggest that nobody else go out expecting this at their Sam's. Markdowns like this are done on a per-store basis. I've seen two stores that are less than 40 mi from each other have price disparities of $30 on the same game, and I've also had them check the prices. Almost always priced as marked. It's just totally up to the managers.

Last week my Sam's Had Sonic 360 for 10.50. It was marked pull for liquidation. I work there so it would be impossible for me to have bought one. Also someone did there job and pulled them from the floor.

You got very very very lucky on finding this. It should of been pulled for liquidation also. Someone didn't do their job. What else is new, eh :)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Last week my Sam's Had Sonic 360 for 10.50. It was marked pull for liquidation. I work there so it would be impossible for me to have bought one. Also someone did there job and pulled them from the floor.

You got very very very lucky on finding this. It should of been pulled for liquidation also. Someone didn't do their job. What else is new, eh :)[/quote]

Where do these games go after they get pulled for liquidation? :drool:

[quote name='Otaking']Where do these games go after they get pulled for liquidation? :drool:[/QUOTE]

They get pulled to Claims/Receiving then shipped out. I heard Sam's has an auction club or some shit like that. Most employee's say they go to "Auction".

[quote name='h3llbring3r'] N()()()()()()()OOOOOOO0000000ooooooooo......![/quote]

*does the same*

N()()()()()()()()()Oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0000000000000ooooooooooo

[quote name='happyorangeman']Auction...what kind of Auction? Good find anyway OP.[/QUOTE]
I Dunno exactly. I think it's an Auction Club/Clearance Club. I'll try to find out more tomorrow at work.

Speaking as a former employee of Sam's Club:

1. What probably happened here is that when their computer system detects that as an item becomes low in the inventory and is not going to be replenished, it sometimes gets automatically marked down, by the system, so that it is liquidated quickly. I'll bet that they had no copies in stock and someone returned one unopened and they just priced it at what the system had reduced the price to. That is how I managed to get the first XBox, the xmas of 2001 for $240.00 with an extra controler, nfl Fever 2001 and Halo. (A bundle that was not available at the store that someone ordered online and returned.) :)

2. Sams is awful at updating the prices on their media. Reason is that they maintain a relatively low staff so they can keep a low margin on merchandise. Media (games, software, movies, books) are the only items in the store that are individually priced. They usually endup overlooking price drops on this stuff and don't have the manpower to change the price on every individual item. About 3 or 4 months ago, I picked up a copy of Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood there that was priced $35.00 for $16.00.

3. The auction is on their website. They run their own auctions for repaired clearance merchandise. There is a link somewhere on their webpage.
Anyway, my 2 cents....

[quote name='gscavezze']Speaking as a former employee of Sam's Club:

1. What probably happened here is that when their computer system detects that as an item becomes low in the inventory and is not going to be replenished, it sometimes gets automatically marked down, by the system, so that it is liquidated quickly. I'll bet that they had no copies in stock and someone returned one unopened and they just priced it at what the system had reduced the price to. That is how I managed to get the first XBox, the xmas of 2001 for $240.00 with an extra controler, nfl Fever 2001 and Halo. (A bundle that was not available at the store that someone ordered online and returned.) :)

2. Sams is awful at updating the prices on their media. Reason is that they maintain a relatively low staff so they can keep a low margin on merchandise. Media (games, software, movies, books) are the only items in the store that are individually priced. They usually endup overlooking price drops on this stuff and don't have the manpower to change the price on every individual item. About 3 or 4 months ago, I picked up a copy of Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood there that was priced $35.00 for $16.00.

3. The auction is on their website. They run their own auctions for repaired clearance merchandise. There is a link somewhere on their webpage.
Anyway, my 2 cents....[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the site. I thought they have some kind of underground auction/fight club that I don't know about. I would sign up for that so fast! First rule about Sam's Club. You talk about Sam's Club to your friends so they can become members and make Wal-Mart Corp. Richer! Hurray!

[quote name='happyorangeman']Thanks for the info. I'll check out the site. I thought they have some kind of underground auction/fight club that I don't know about. I would sign up for that so fast! First rule about Sam's Club. You talk about Sam's Club to your friends so they can become members and make Wal-Mart Corp. Richer! Hurray![/QUOTE]

Here is the aution link...

http://auctions.samsclub.com/

is it just me, or are there NO sam clubs in california? (bay area) -- i went to hawaii and there were a few sam's club. for a small state, that's pretty impressive. what's up w/ cali

If we were lucky enough to find the Hellboy set for $8 from a few weeks ago, are we likely to find this deal also (assuming they have it in)? Or are some deals YMMV and some deals nationwide?

[quote name='Kendal']I didn't get Saint's Row for $11, but I did score a gift set of Hellboy unrated director's uber final cut for $8.[/quote]

Thats not suprising really. I got the 2 disc of Batman Begins there several months ago for 8 bucks as well.

[quote name='hyp']is it just me, or are there NO sam clubs in california? (bay area) -- i went to hawaii and there were a few sam's club. for a small state, that's pretty impressive. what's up w/ cali[/quote]

Are you talking about Socal or Norcal?

Either way I dont think its bad for socal but we are a big state

bread's done
Back