* * * * * 4 votes

Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

#9451 rpmboy   . CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

No. Just No. http://houston.craig...3186025327.html

But it has pikachu on it, it's obviously worth $400, right?

#9452 Blue Shift   Cup of Comfort CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

But it has pikachu on it, it's obviously worth $400, right?

Lol.

#9453 Ye0ldmario   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1778 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Ye0ldmario

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Get phone numbers. If they play that game, sign them up for some courtesy calls from various businesses. Credit card companies are good ones, they'll hound you. Timeshares as well.

That's a good idea. I mean, it takes 2 seconds to say "I changed my mind". Instead you're just left hanging. I've signed people up for spam before, never phone though. I should try that. I'm afraid of the karma though.

#9454 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2263 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

I'm afraid of the karma though.

There's no such thing, so you're good.

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

http://racine.craigs...3207312418.html

PLAY STATION 2 FOR YOUR PC - $40 (RACINE)

Date: 2012-08-15, 12:47PM EDT
Reply to: qjmxw-3207312418@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I HAVE A PLAY STATION 2 THAT PLUGS IN TO YOUR PC COMPUTER, I AHVE NO CONTROLLERS THOUGH, I DO HAVE THE AC ADAPTER AND TV PLUG INS, IF INTERESTED CALL TONY 262-321-9437

I would love to contact this guy and ask how it plugs into my "pc computer" and what it does once it is plugged into it.

#9456 TheHelix   CAGiversary! Silenced   2842 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

TheHelix

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

I have these games for sale

WCW vs the world
The simpsons road rage
Tony Hawks Pad Skater
Tomorrow Never Dies 007
Need For Speed High Stakes
NFL Blitz2000
Tony Hawks pro skater
NFL Extreeme 2
Gran Turismo 3
007 Racing
NFL Blitz 2001

$40 Takes them all

#9457 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

I have these games for sale

WCW vs the world
The simpsons road rage
Tony Hawks Pad Skater
Tomorrow Never Dies 007
Need For Speed High Stakes
NFL Blitz2000
Tony Hawks pro skater
NFL Extreeme 2
Gran Turismo 3
007 Racing
NFL Blitz 2001

$40 Takes them all

Got change for a $50? LOL

#9458 therealdanhill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

therealdanhill

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

Like new Wii System with 60 plus games - $650 (Worcester, Ma)
http://worcester.cra...3206758408.html

Wow only 650 for a modded Wii? What a deal!

#9459 backseatdog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3039 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

backseatdog

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Like new Wii System with 60 plus games - $650 (Worcester, Ma)
http://worcester.cra...3206758408.html

Wow only 650 for a modded Wii? What a deal!

Come on dude, 60 games x $50 retail for each game = $3000. That's not even including tax or the system itself. $650 is a steal.

#9460 therealdanhill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

therealdanhill

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

You mean all I have to do is take what someone else made, steal it, and charge for it, and I can get rich? Good thing there's no laws against that lol

#9461 Nick45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

Come on dude, 60 games x $50 retail for each game = $3000. That's not even including tax or the system itself. $650 is a steal.

$50?! I think you're forgetting all the shovelware out there. Plus the fact that they downloaded all those games for free.

#9462 lmz00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2522 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

$50?! I think you're forgetting all the shovelware out there. Plus the fact that they downloaded all those games for free.

What if they ripped the ISOs themselves?

#9463 ferant316   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

That's a good idea. I mean, it takes 2 seconds to say "I changed my mind". Instead you're just left hanging. I've signed people up for spam before, never phone though. I should try that. I'm afraid of the karma though.

What about the charge of Criminal Harassment, which in the state of Massachusetts carries a penalty of up to 2 1/2 years in prison and/or $1,000, as well as the results of any civil litigation, surely that's worse than/is karma?

I speak from experience of having someone do it to me. Not worth it for a shitty Craigslist deal or otherwise, Civil Litigation yielded a decent chunk of change.

#9464 Nick45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

What if they ripped the ISOs themselves?

Whether they did or not, all the games are on an external HDD, rendering them valueless, unlike the actual copies. If they ripped them (assuming they did), why don't they include the actual disks?

#9465 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6837 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Not on craigslist although I've seen ads such as these advertising FPS tournaments for cash prizes, but this just seems too damn sketchy to me. These flyers pop up from time to time in ghetto/poor areas (next to the hand made "we buy houses 4 cash any condition" and "we buy cars cash money bling bling" ones), just sound like a con/hustle to me. Show up with your $100 cash buy in or whatever to some abandoned warehouse location probably and either get rolled or the tournament is staged somehow.

Posted Image

#9466 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2263 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Holy shit this guy is selling Modern Warfare 4???

Posted Image

#9467 therealdanhill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

therealdanhill

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

What about the charge of Criminal Harassment, which in the state of Massachusetts carries a penalty of up to 2 1/2 years in prison and/or $1,000, as well as the results of any civil litigation, surely that's worse than/is karma?

I speak from experience of having someone do it to me. Not worth it for a shitty Craigslist deal or otherwise, Civil Litigation yielded a decent chunk of change.

I don't see how anyone would find out you did it unless you were really dumb about it. Sign them up for like two things a week for a month, or until you aren't pissed off anymore. Are the Cops really going to spend resources on someone getting too many spam emails or solicitation calls? Would they make the companies (some of which may not even be in the US) trace back the IP address and date and time of who posted their number to the site?

#9468 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

i actually "LoL'd"

#9469 materialz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

http://kelowna.en.cr...3203684371.html

Officially collectible, bro.

#9470 Nick45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

Posted Image

He must be a time traveler! Someone should find out if he has a Delorean! :lol:

#9471 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

He must be a time traveler! Someone should find out if he has a Delorean! :lol:

I almost had a Delorean at one point, till I saw the price the owner wanted($10k). It was parked on some dusty backroad up the line from me and I happened to see it when I was hanging out with my one buddy and we were on our way to his one friends' house.

Since then I've seen one more for sale or being repaired around here but I didn't bother stopping to gawk.:-#

#9472 Nick45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

I almost had a Delorean at one point, till I saw the price the owner wanted($10k). It was parked on some dusty backroad up the line from me and I happened to see it when I was hanging out with my one buddy and we were on our way to his one friends' house.

Since then I've seen one more for sale or being repaired around here but I didn't bother stopping to gawk.:-#

That's cool! I just looked up how much they (DMC-12) sell for now, and if it was running, that actually would have been a good deal compared to what I saw them priced for. People seem to think that since it was in Back to the Future, people will automatically buy them for more than new cars cost today :roll:

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

http://kelowna.en.cr...3203684371.html

Officially collectible, bro.

That was the marketing speak that GameStop was using when they stopped taking GameCube trade ins. Someone thought that meant it was worth something.

People are stupid.

#9474 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

That's cool! I just looked up how much they (DMC-12) sell for now, and if it was running, that actually would have been a good deal compared to what I saw them priced for. People seem to think that since it was in Back to the Future, people will automatically buy them for more than new cars cost today :roll:

Actually somebody bought up the remaining stock of parts that were leftover from when Delorean was still making the cars a while ago with the intention of putting together as many of the cars as possible from those parts.

http://en.wikipedia...._new_build_cars

#9475 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2263 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Not on craigslist although I've seen ads such as these advertising FPS tournaments for cash prizes, but this just seems too damn sketchy to me. These flyers pop up from time to time in ghetto/poor areas (next to the hand made "we buy houses 4 cash any condition" and "we buy cars cash money bling bling" ones), just sound like a con/hustle to me. Show up with your $100 cash buy in or whatever to some abandoned warehouse location probably and either get rolled or the tournament is staged somehow.

Posted Image

This craigslist ad reminded me of your post. Has scam written all over it.

http://lubbock.craig...3213675305.html

#9476 materialz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

That was the marketing speak that GameStop was using when they stopped taking GameCube trade ins. Someone thought that meant it was worth something.

People are stupid.

lol it all makes sense now

#9477 Captain_Insano16   Has a ton of stuff FS/FT! CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Captain_Insano16

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Was looking through some nearby Craigslist ads and saw this one.... WOW a crappy looking old XBOX with a bunch of bootleg ish for $875?

http://montgomery.cr...3205987306.html

XBOX with a ton of games - $875 (Montgomery, Prattville, or... )

I HAVE A REALLY SPECIAL XBOX FOR SALE. THIS IS A XBOX WITH CORDS TO PLUG INTO THE TV AND OUTLIT, AND TWO CONTROLLERS AND HAS XBOX GAMES, CLASSIC AND 90'S ARCADE GAMES, AND NES GAMES DOWNLOADED IN IT ALREADY. GAMES THAT ARE INCLUDED ARE: AREA 51, BLACK, BURNOUT 3, CALL OF DUTY 2 AND 3, CAPCOM CLASSICS, CAPCOM VS, SNK 2 EO, CASTLEVANIA COD, CRIMELIFE, D&D HEROES, DARKWATCH, DEAD OR ALIVE ULTIMATE, DOOM 3, FABLE, FINAL FIGHT STREETWISE, GRAND THEFT AUTO 3, GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS, GUILTY GEAR X 2, GUN, KILLER INSTINCT XXX, HALF LIFE 2, HALO 2 GUN, MADDEN 08' MANHUNT, MARVEL UTLIMATE ALLIANCE, EVERY NES GAME YOU CAN THINK OF, MEGAMAN ANNIVERSARY COLLECTON, MIDWAY, CAPCOM, KONMANI, NEO GEO AND A VAST ASSORTMENT OF ARCADE GAMES, MERCENARIES, MLB 2K7, MORTAL KOMBAT 7, MORTAL KOMBAT PACK, NAMCO MUSEUM 50TH ANNIVERSARY, NBA LIVE 2005, ALL SEGA GENSIS GAMESNIN , NEED FOR SPEED HOT PURSUIT AND NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2, NEED FOR SPEED CARBON, NINJA GAIDEN BLACK, SOME PLAYSTATION GAMES SUCH AS MEGAMAN X4, 5, 6, STRIDER 2, SILENT HILL, RIVAL SCHOOLS, AND THE EXLUSIVE VAMPIRE HUNTER D, PRICE OF PERSIA WW, AND T2T, RIDDICK, SCARFACE, SERIOUS SAM 2, SONIC MEGA COLLECTION, SOUL CALIBUR 2, SPIDERMAN2, STARWARS RUPUBLIC COMMANDO, STAR WARS EPISODE 3, STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION, SUPERMAN RETURNS, SOME NINTENDO 64 GAMES, THE GODFATHER, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, THE KING OF FIGHTERS NEOWAVE, THE PUNISHER, THE SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN, THE SUFFERING 2, THE WARRIORS, TMNT 3, XMUGEN, ALL SUPER NINTENDO GAMES, TONY HAWKS UNDERGROUND 2, AND SOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHH MORE,.

Would be interested in hearing any other monetary offer, but please let them be reasonable as this is an amazing deal and the only reason i'm selling is because i've hit extremely hard times.

Call me at 334-430-7543 if interested only, (PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IF I DON'T ANSWER AND I'LL RESPOND ASAP)don't want to waste my and your time, thank you and happy buying to you.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9478 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Actually somebody bought up the remaining stock of parts that were leftover from when Delorean was still making the cars a while ago with the intention of putting together as many of the cars as possible from those parts.

http://en.wikipedia...._new_build_cars

There was a similar operation, maybe the same one, several years ago that was using DeLorean parts with modern engines and transmissions, with modern features, to make cars for 50-60k.

Would be pretty badass to have one, even though stainless steel is brittle and heavy.

I saw one about 4 years ago that some guy was hauling at a rest stop, it was crushed, a tree had fallen on it during a hurricane. Poor car only had something like 500 original miles.

#9479 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2263 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Was looking through some nearby Craigslist ads and saw this one.... WOW a crappy looking old XBOX with a bunch of bootleg ish for $875?

http://montgomery.cr...3205987306.html

XBOX with a ton of games - $875 (Montgomery, Prattville, or... )

I HAVE A REALLY SPECIAL XBOX FOR SALE. THIS IS A XBOX WITH CORDS TO PLUG INTO THE TV AND OUTLIT, AND TWO CONTROLLERS AND HAS XBOX GAMES, CLASSIC AND 90'S ARCADE GAMES, AND NES GAMES DOWNLOADED IN IT ALREADY. GAMES THAT ARE INCLUDED ARE: AREA 51, BLACK, BURNOUT 3, CALL OF DUTY 2 AND 3, CAPCOM CLASSICS, CAPCOM VS, SNK 2 EO, CASTLEVANIA COD, CRIMELIFE, D&D HEROES, DARKWATCH, DEAD OR ALIVE ULTIMATE, DOOM 3, FABLE, FINAL FIGHT STREETWISE, GRAND THEFT AUTO 3, GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS, GUILTY GEAR X 2, GUN, KILLER INSTINCT XXX, HALF LIFE 2, HALO 2 GUN, MADDEN 08' MANHUNT, MARVEL UTLIMATE ALLIANCE, EVERY NES GAME YOU CAN THINK OF, MEGAMAN ANNIVERSARY COLLECTON, MIDWAY, CAPCOM, KONMANI, NEO GEO AND A VAST ASSORTMENT OF ARCADE GAMES, MERCENARIES, MLB 2K7, MORTAL KOMBAT 7, MORTAL KOMBAT PACK, NAMCO MUSEUM 50TH ANNIVERSARY, NBA LIVE 2005, ALL SEGA GENSIS GAMESNIN , NEED FOR SPEED HOT PURSUIT AND NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2, NEED FOR SPEED CARBON, NINJA GAIDEN BLACK, SOME PLAYSTATION GAMES SUCH AS MEGAMAN X4, 5, 6, STRIDER 2, SILENT HILL, RIVAL SCHOOLS, AND THE EXLUSIVE VAMPIRE HUNTER D, PRICE OF PERSIA WW, AND T2T, RIDDICK, SCARFACE, SERIOUS SAM 2, SONIC MEGA COLLECTION, SOUL CALIBUR 2, SPIDERMAN2, STARWARS RUPUBLIC COMMANDO, STAR WARS EPISODE 3, STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION, SUPERMAN RETURNS, SOME NINTENDO 64 GAMES, THE GODFATHER, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, THE KING OF FIGHTERS NEOWAVE, THE PUNISHER, THE SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN, THE SUFFERING 2, THE WARRIORS, TMNT 3, XMUGEN, ALL SUPER NINTENDO GAMES, TONY HAWKS UNDERGROUND 2, AND SOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHH MORE,.

Would be interested in hearing any other monetary offer, but please let them be reasonable as this is an amazing deal and the only reason i'm selling is because i've hit extremely hard times.

Call me at 334-430-7543 if interested only, (PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IF I DON'T ANSWER AND I'LL RESPOND ASAP)don't want to waste my and your time, thank you and happy buying to you.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Idiots that think they're going to get paid for having a hacked system. Isn't that the whole point of having a hacked system is to get games for cheaper/free??? You could buy the originals of all those for less than the amount he's selling that for. What a moron.

#9480 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

Posted Image Idiots that think they're going to get paid for having a hacked system. Isn't that the whole point of having a hacked system is to get games for cheaper/free??? You could buy the originals of all those for less than the amount he's selling that for. What a moron.

yeah, but "THIS IS A XBOX WITH CORDS TO PLUG INTO THE TV AND OUTLIT..."