Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/tag/350626394.html

NES with 20 games only $250!!!! And look at the rare 8 games he mentions. Super mario bros/duckhunt....are you sure? No way!! You know the other 12 are going to be even better titles since he's keeping it a secret. Boo yah! But wait, that's not all....This generous douche will even trade you for a PS3, Wii, or a 360. No way...yes way! And remember boys and girls, this is a great deal because a similar bundle went for $285 on ebay. Score!

[quote name='Pancrase']http://cleveland.craigslist.org/tag/350626394.html

NES with 20 games only $250!!!! And look at the rare 8 games he mentions. Super mario bros/duckhunt....are you sure? No way!! You know the other 12 are going to be even better titles since he's keeping it a secret. Boo yah! But wait, that's not all....This generous douche will even trade you for a PS3, Wii, or a 360. No way...yes way! And remember boys and girls, this is a great deal because a similar bundle went for $285 on ebay. Score![/quote]

ahaha what a fool

[quote name='Kuros']How about douchebaggery?

I called this lady because she had an ad for a Gamecube and 15 games for $65, good deal, but the games weren't listed. So I asked her if I can get her email so I can get a list.

Later on, instead of getting a list I get, "I SOLD IT!"

fucking douche.[/quote]

How is this someone being a douche? They sold it to someone who just saw it as a good deal without having to ask about the games probably. I've probably lost more than a couple CL deals this way, by wanting too much detailed info and waiting too long for someone to get back to me on it.

Don't get me wrong, I like to know what games are coming with a system(if any), but there are people out there who don't want to waste any time and will just BUY stuff quick without much questioning.

All I can say is, whoever bought it got a good deal nonetheless and good for them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How is this someone being a douche? They sold it to someone who just saw it as a good deal without having to ask about the games probably. I've probably lost more than a couple CL deals this way, by wanting too much detailed info and waiting too long for someone to get back to me on it.

Don't get me wrong, I like to know what games are coming with a system(if any), but there are people out there who don't want to waste any time and will just BUY stuff quick without much questioning.

All I can say is, whoever bought it got a good deal nonetheless and good for them.[/QUOTE]

Well, when someone says "hey yea, I'll give you an email with the info", it's expected that they won't sell it to someone else and then go "LOL NO INFO 4 U! I SOLD IT!"

See, I've had items for sale on CL and in a local classified advertising paper and aside from the Nigerian scammers on CL, I've had maybe 1-3 real bites for my items. In my opinion, it's whoever puts cash in my hand first with the least amount of hassle that gets my items. I have no contract that says I have to 'hold' onto items for xyz person because they showed interest.

If you were running a yard sale, for example, and someone comes up and says "I wanna buy that (item name) that you have, but I don't have the (amount) on me, could you hold it while I go home and grab more $$$?", would you? Now, imagine if someone else comes up no more than 10 mins after the first person leaves to get more $$$ and offers you cash straight up for it for the amount you want.

There is always a 50/50 chance that the first person will NOT come back for the item and if someone else showed interest and you were 'holding it' for the first person, you may end up stuck with it till your NEXT yard sale.

See what I mean? The seller could've thought 'ok, they have some interest, but I have a cash offer right NOW to buy it, what if the first person doesn't come back and grab it, then I'm out of luck for both'.

That's how I look at it anyway. I mean, yeah, the person could've put it in a different way, like 'my wife sold it' or something, to let you know that they were intending to get you the info, but it got sold in the meantime.

I don't know, I've had too many dickheads who feign interest to even be cordial to people wanting my stuff anymore. If you've got the cash and don't wanna tell me 'i could get it from xyz place for cheaper', then hand me the cash and I'll hand you the item. But, if you're gonna be a dick n say "ill come up to check it out', then never show, that ruins it for everyone else, because then I'll just say 'you want it or not?'.

It's not that I don't have the time to play games with morons who end up not showing, it's that I've lost my patience for the idiots.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/351457137.html

I just responded to this craigslist post two days ago. The guy says that all the suikoden games in the post are $5 (including Suikoden II :hot: ) or $35 for the entire series. This was posted four days before I saw it, so I didn't think I would get it. It turns out I'm not. The guy responded to my email and now says Suikoden II costs $75. I was hoping to get a good deal, but he went and changed it. I was really hoping to get this for a good price. I'm guessing this guy checked out ebay.

I just read an ad where the guy says "I bought all of this for $400 so I want to make that money back. If I paid tax you should too. I can get $350 for this on Ebay so it's a fair price."

Did he actually read what he wrote?

Here is a set of e-mails that I just had with someone who wants to sell some NES Games:

Him: i've got 75 games NES original, no doubles. offer? i'm located in Wells maine BUT travel to mass every day!

Me: Could you list the games please and I will get back to you asap with an offer?

Thanks a bunch!
Kevin

Him: lol no thanks man.... i'm looking for 150$

Me: Good luck

Thanks.

Him: can you even find nes games in stores? i didn't think so...

I am not even going to reply to that.

[quote name='Larrabee213']Here is a set of e-mails that I just had with someone who wants to sell some NES Games:

Him: i've got 75 games NES original, no doubles. offer? i'm located in Wells maine BUT travel to mass every day!

Me: Could you list the games please and I will get back to you asap with an offer?

Thanks a bunch!
Kevin

Him: lol no thanks man.... i'm looking for 150$

Me: Good luck

Thanks.

Him: can you even find nes games in stores? i didn't think so...

I am not even going to reply to that.[/quote]

In his defense, $2/game isn't that terrible of a price.

[quote name='sp00ge']In his defense, $2/game isn't that terrible of a price.[/quote]

No it isn't, especially if I don't know what I am getting. What if I drive 30 minutes and find out he has 75 copies of mario/duck hunt?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I can't say I have, but I know someone posted a seperate thread about a 'blinged out'(wrapped in aluminum foil) N64 a while back. I couldn't stop laughing.[/quote]

Oh my God that was the funniest thread! It was in some pawn shop or game shop and it was marked as "limited edition" or some other such nonsense as well!!!

Then we all started posting pics of foil wrapped items to go along with it...

[quote name='Larrabee213']No it isn't, especially if I don't know what I am getting. What if I drive 30 minutes and find out he has 75 copies of mario/duck hunt?[/quote]But he said no doubles!

[quote name='erehwon']http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/351457137.html

I just responded to this craigslist post two days ago. The guy says that all the suikoden games in the post are $5 (including Suikoden II :hot: ) or $35 for the entire series. This was posted four days before I saw it, so I didn't think I would get it. It turns out I'm not. The guy responded to my email and now says Suikoden II costs $75. I was hoping to get a good deal, but he went and changed it. I was really hoping to get this for a good price. I'm guessing this guy checked out ebay.[/quote]

Nah, he probably knew all along what it was worth, then just put a bullshit ad out to lure people/contacts with. That way, he gets people who are really interested in it then gets them by the short hairs with some typical BS like "oh but I just found out it's REALLY worth $100, not $5...but I'll give it to you for $75 or $50 or whatever...plus, I have other people interested in it blah blah blah!!!"

It's like bait and switch, but you can't really go after him because he's a private seller.

Here's a winner: http://houston.craigslist.org/bab/358081064.html

Super Nintendo Mario Kart & Pacman 2 - $25

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-06-22, 4:51PM CDT

The price is really for the Mario Kart game, you just get the pacman 2 because I do not want it. Both games work and you may test them on my SNES which BTW is not for sale.

So he admits he's actually charging $25 for one incredibly common game and the other is just sort of free.

And forget about trying to buy that Super Nintendo!

[quote name='sp00ge']Need to post the link to the ad, not his reply email. :D[/quote]

DE DE DEE! LOL Last line stated that sometimes the system freezes up! So 200+ for nes and games and system freezes!

[quote name='Cambot']Here's a winner: http://houston.craigslist.org/bab/358081064.html

Super Nintendo Mario Kart & Pacman 2 - $25

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-06-22, 4:51PM CDT

The price is really for the Mario Kart game, you just get the pacman 2 because I do not want it. Both games work and you may test them on my SNES which BTW is not for sale.

So he admits he's actually charging $25 for one incredibly common game and the other is just sort of free.

And forget about trying to buy that Super Nintendo![/QUOTE]

His Mario Kart is a bit overpriced, yea, but common or not people pay kind of high prices for it - lots of cart only auctions end at $15 or so. So yea, dude isn't really off by that much money.

Hell, there is even some on Ebay that sold for $20, and one did sell for $25, which is where he probably got his number from, since it was the highest cart only sale. Really not so much of a shock he's charging $25 when you look at like that - most of the common games like that sell for a bit of cash on Ebay since those are the ones everyone wants but not everyone wants to sell them.

[quote name='Kuros']http://sandiego.craigslist.org/tag/358770827.html

Suikoden 2, ONLY FOR $200!

SUCH A FIND![/quote]

Someone please go beat this guy to a bloddy pulp. My God.

"I loathe to part with it, but It's just a museum piece here..."

fuck your Suikoden 2, and fuck YOU TOO, BUDDY!!! I've got your 'museum piece' right here!

BTW I hope everyone is flagging these assholes as SPAM or Prohibited on CL...

I got three good ones to report! :cool:

I wonder how disappointed he'll be with my 'best offer'?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/360556597.html

nintendo 64 hardly used with games - $150

Reply to:
Date: 2007-06-26, 9:31AM EDT

like new nintendo 64 with games and three controllers (black, yellow, gray)
$150 or best offer
----------------------------------------------

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/360268395.html

preowned Xbox with accessories - $375

Reply to:
Date: 2007-06-25, 8:35PM EDT

This is the deal of a life time!!!

Accesories include:
Two xbox controllers
memory card
universal steering wheel
xbox carrying case

14 used games
the games include:
Madden 05
Espn 2k5
Digimon Rumble Arena 2
NCAA Colledge football 2k3
Halo
Halo2
Project Gotham Racing
Ledgends of Wrestling2
Odd world Munchys Oddysee
Spiderman
Spiderman2
X-men ledgens
GTA Vice City
Nba Live 05

------------------------------------------

And I had to throw in the fish tunk! :lol:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/359564046.html

fish tunk - $5

Reply to:
Date: 2007-06-25, 12:29AM EDT

it a good fish tunk

[quote name='karkyco']Someone please go beat this guy to a bloddy pulp. My God.

"I loathe to part with it, but It's just a museum piece here..."

fuck your Suikoden 2, and fuck YOU TOO, BUDDY!!! I've got your 'museum piece' right here!

BTW I hope everyone is flagging these assholes as SPAM or Prohibited on CL...[/quote]
Sadly, most aren't violating anything as far as CL terms go. People selling pirated software, however, yeah, flagged without question.

You can't just flag a posting because the person is a dumbass.

EDIT:

Not VG related, but a pretty good attempt and getting 'laid':
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/361299360.html

[quote name='sp00ge']
You can't just flag a posting because the person is a dumbass.
[/quote]
Inclined people can still do so. It empowers the community-moderated approach that Craig's List utilizes but ethically, it deletes the post of a genuinely stupid poster and s/he loses his chance to advertise whatever was for sale.

I'm in favor of keeping dumbass posts up so others can enjoy the hilarity, but jerks exist that flag posts of their competitors/just because they're jackasses.

[quote name='karkyco']Oh my God that was the funniest thread! It was in some pawn shop or game shop and it was marked as "limited edition" or some other such nonsense as well!!![/quote]Think that was in a Rhino Video Game store. Right before they were bought by GameStop.

And I'm sure this is on the up and up.

[quote name='karkyco']Wow, apparently Slim PS2's are "rare"...could have fooled me! I thought Sony only put out, what 50 million of them???

What a deal! NO GAMES, and for 3 times what it's worth, at the very least!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/tag/362258923.html[/QUOTE]

I do like how the "NO GAMES" gets three exclamation points, as if that's a big selling point - you're getting a PS2, but none of those pesky games that take up space!

bread's done
Back